|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine II: Deathwatches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gave Konner an emotional boost during his rotation with Dr. Brass?
(a) Getting a good evaluation.
(b) Being called into a friend's birth.
(c) Getting a National Book Award.
(d) Selling his book proposal for 'Becoming a Doctor'.
2. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
(a) Spend as little time as possible with the patient.
(b) Touch the patient.
(c) Talk to the patient.
(d) Read the chart first.
3. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
(a) Bureaucratic confusion.
(b) It was not included in her chart.
(c) Dr. Brass countermanded it.
(d) She had not had it properly notarized.
4. What does Konner say is a benefit of obstetrics?
(a) The respect for the patients.
(b) The glowing mothers.
(c) The newborn babies.
(d) The sense that this was all normal.
5. Who does Konner say had a right not to be touched by medical students?
(a) Fathers of newborn babies.
(b) Cesarean section mothers.
(c) Private pay patients.
(d) Difficult births.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Howard Cullen's diagnosis?
2. What is intubation?
3. What was Dr. Brass' reaction when Konner talked to her about her management style?
4. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
5. What distinguished Peter Byron's patient care?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)