|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine II: Deathwatches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Konner away from the hospital for, as a result of this nomination?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 18 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 36 hours.
2. What does Konner say African men did when their wives were in labor?
(a) Induce constipation.
(b) Leave the village until they were done.
(c) Hold their wives' hands and encourage them through the pain.
(d) Put animals in their robes as if they had given birth to them.
3. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
(a) He was not confident that he could score above the middle of the class.
(b) He was afraid that he would not get a higher score than his class rival.
(c) He was afraid that he would not pass.
(d) He did not know if he would be able to get a scholarship.
4. What was Konner convinced of, after Mike's mistake?
(a) Surgery is a dangerous business.
(b) He was not surgeon material himself.
(c) Mike Colucci was never going to be a surgeon.
(d) Marty Wentworth practiced bad medicine.
5. How does Konner characterize shock therapy?
(a) Mild compared with surgery.
(c) Violent and dehumanizing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
2. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
3. How long had Konner spent in Obstetrics?
4. What part of child birth didn't Konner like?
5. What does Konner recommend for the mother who wanted midwifery?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)