|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine II: Deathwatches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the diagnosis for patient Edie?
(a) Brain cancer.
(c) Traumatic brain injury.
(d) Early-onset Alzheimers.
2. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brennan's medical skills?
(a) He says that he was aloof and defensive, and made a lot of mistakes.
(b) He says that he could not recognize what was staring him in the face.
(c) He says that he saw beyond the CAT scans.
(d) He says that he was so friendly that his medical procedures seemed more successful than they were.
3. What was Konner nominated for?
(a) A Pulitzer Prize.
(b) A prestigious medical honor.
(c) A military appointment.
(d) A National Book Award.
4. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
(a) A nurse-anesthesiologist.
(b) The surgeon.
(c) A nurse.
(d) The patient's mother.
5. How does Konner characterize his work with Dr. Haley?
(a) He felt like he didn't know anything.
(b) He felt like a beginner.
(c) He felt like a doctor of equal stature.
(d) He felt like a fraud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the article Konner find in his last week of surgery argue?
2. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
3. What kinds of cases is Katherine Ballard interested in?
4. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
5. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)