|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine II: Deathwatches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant when he was working with Dr. Downing?
(a) Dr. Downing was herself sick with cancer.
(b) The patients were children.
(c) Three patients were terminal.
(d) One of the patients had been a famous singer.
2. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
(a) He walked away from a patient's question.
(b) He told a patient abruptly that they only had a few months to live.
(c) He was known to have affairs with the staff.
(d) He callously described a patient's discomfort to a group of interns.
3. How did Marty Wentworth and Dr. Carter embarrass themselves in front of their colleagues?
(a) By being caught harassing a nurse.
(b) By taking inflexible opinions in an argument.
(c) By making the wrong diagnosis of a patient's symptoms.
(d) By refusing to consult with experts about a patient's case.
4. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
(a) Car accident.
(c) Drug overdose.
(d) Pregnancy complications.
5. Who does Konner say benefits from drugs for childhood hyperactivity?
(d) Drug companies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
2. What did patient Francis Giannetti discover when he came into the hospital with leg cramps from jogging?
3. What did Mike Colucci do by mistake?
4. What does asepsis mean?
5. Why was Konner's condition ironic?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)