|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine II: Deathwatches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was patient Laura a candidate for?
(a) In vitro fertilization.
(b) Cesarean section delivery.
(c) Radiation treatment.
(d) Mandatory sterilization.
2. How does Konner characterize obstetrics?
(a) A horrifying spectacle of women in intense pain.
(b) An emergency situation that usually has a good outcome.
(c) An artificial intrusion of Western medicine into human life.
(d) A nervous situation of waiting to see whether a birth will even require medical care.
3. What condition gave Konner cause for concern in his friend's pregnancy?
(a) High risk of Down syndrome.
(c) Alcoholism in the family.
(d) Ambiguous ultrasounds.
4. What is the prognosis for the patients Konner sees under Dr. Burdick?
(a) They may improve and be discharged with drugs.
(b) They will not return to normal lives.
(c) They can be released after a talking cure identifies and cures their neurosis.
(d) They will likely spend the rest of their lives in and out of hospitals.
5. What was Konner's Uncle Bobby's role in Konner's life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is intubation?
2. How long is a rotation?
3. What difficulty did patient Edwards have as a result of surgery?
4. At what age did Konner begin his first rotation?
5. Who does Konner say benefits from drugs for childhood hyperactivity?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)