|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine II: Deathwatches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Konner suffer from on his trip to Galen the day after his ob/gyn rotation?
(a) Chest pains.
(b) Back pains.
(c) A cold.
(d) Gastric distress.
2. What is Pickwickian syndrome?
(a) A patient passes out while eating.
(b) A patient forgets where he lives.
(c) A patient lives in an imaginary world.
(d) A patient falls asleep during the day.
3. What condition does Konner's Uncle Dave suffer?
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
(d) Heart attack.
4. What did the article Konner find in his last week of surgery argue?
(a) America's standard of care was lower than most industrial nations'.
(b) Malpractice insurance was raising the cost of everyone's care.
(c) Pharmaceutical companies were paying doctors to perform unsafe procedures.
(d) Science came before patients in medical schools.
5. What did Konner think was unrealistic about the doctor he saw on TV?
(a) He got away with gross incompetence.
(b) He was relentless in his pursuit of nurses.
(c) He cared about his patients.
(d) He had no life outside the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Konner find for the street person who came in with a minor injury?
2. What was the diagnosis for patient Edie?
3. What was patient Laura a candidate for?
4. What does Konner say is a benefit of obstetrics?
5. What was Konner convinced of, after Mike's mistake?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)