|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine II: Deathwatches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
(a) He had never performed this exam before.
(b) He was sick himself.
(c) He thought she has severe problems.
(d) He was attracted to her.
2. What was the treatment Dr. Brass recommended for the Pickwickian syndrome case?
(a) Talk therapy.
(b) An anti-cancer drug.
(c) Antipsychotic drugs.
3. What was the patient outcome of the treatment Dr. Brass recommended?
(a) Arm damage.
(b) Additional surgery.
(d) The Pickwickian syndrome resolved.
4. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
(a) Touch the patient.
(b) Talk to the patient.
(c) Read the chart first.
(d) Spend as little time as possible with the patient.
5. What are newborn babies assessed for?
(a) Signs of abuse.
(b) Economic viability of the parents.
(d) Racial characteristics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say is typical of brain disease?
2. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
3. What feelings in the doctors does Konner say he understood after spending time with long-term incurable patients?
4. What was Konner's Uncle Bobby's role in Konner's life?
5. How does Konner characterize Dr. Ringler?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)