|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine II: Deathwatches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner characterize obstetrics?
(a) A horrifying spectacle of women in intense pain.
(b) An emergency situation that usually has a good outcome.
(c) An artificial intrusion of Western medicine into human life.
(d) A nervous situation of waiting to see whether a birth will even require medical care.
2. How does Konner say he reacts to this split between methodologies?
(a) He sides with Freud.
(b) He feels conflicted.
(c) He prefers an altogether different approach.
(d) He sides with the psychopharmacologists.
3. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
(a) His day job.
(b) Problems in his personal life.
(c) Trying to do several rotations at once.
(d) Nightly assignments.
4. What was the patient outcome of the treatment Dr. Brass recommended?
(a) Arm damage.
(b) The Pickwickian syndrome resolved.
(d) Additional surgery.
5. What is the key cause of "R.P.T.A." (Rapidly Progressive Testicular Atrophy)?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Konner say benefits from drugs for childhood hyperactivity?
2. When did walk-rounds begin in the Emergency Ward?
3. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
4. What are Konner's feelings about abortion?
5. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)