|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine II: Deathwatches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rule prevented Konner from attending as many births as possible?
(a) Medical students were prevented from late stage deliveries.
(b) The hospital was not well equipped for obstetrics, and patients went elsewhere.
(c) The development of private birthing centers.
(d) An increasing focus on providing birthing mothers with privacy and familiar doctors.
2. At what age did Konner begin his first rotation?
3. What did the surgeon order Konner to get rid of because it would be useless?
(a) A leather medical bag.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A fountain pen.
(d) A stethoscope.
4. What was the nature of the first operation in which Konner participated?
(a) Gall bladder surgery.
(b) Heart surgery.
(c) Skin surgery.
(d) Brain surgery.
5. How long is a rotation?
(a) A semester.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner wonder at, during one of his deliveries?
2. What did Konner think was unrealistic about the doctor he saw on TV?
3. What had Konner been before starting med school?
4. What interest did Konner's medical training have in common with his previous training?
5. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)