|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine II: Deathwatches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused RPTA for Konner?
(a) He belittled another medical student in front of a patient.
(b) He misdiagnosed a patient's neurological disorder.
(c) Dr. Brass humiliated him in front of other medical students.
(d) No one asked about his absence or the award.
2. What did patient Edwards regain after surgery?
(a) His identity.
(b) His coordination.
(c) His memory.
(d) His sense of humor.
3. What are newborn babies assessed for?
(b) Economic viability of the parents.
(c) Racial characteristics.
(d) Signs of abuse.
4. What did the residents explain to the daughter of the woman suffering with terminal cancer?
(a) When her mother could be released back to her home.
(b) What surgery and chemotherapy would cost.
(c) Why her mother should be allowed to die.
(d) What heroic measures could still be taken.
5. What does Konner say Dr. Brass criticized him for?
(a) Explaining the doctors' decisions to a patient.
(b) Making a patient more comfortable.
(c) Cleaning up after a patient.
(d) Talking with a patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the other medical students?
2. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
3. Where does Konner work on his non-surgical afternoons?
4. What was the result when Konner broke one of the rules about which patients he could help?
5. What did patient Francis Giannetti discover when he came into the hospital with leg cramps from jogging?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)