|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pathology: The Aspect of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
(a) He is the least prepared.
(b) He is the only man.
(c) He is older.
(d) He is younger.
2. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Car accidents.
(b) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
(c) Severe illnesses.
3. Where did Konner go at the end of his last shift, when he wanted to reflect on the trauma patients he treated?
(a) For a walk with another intern.
(b) The bar.
(c) The chapel.
4. What had Konner been before starting med school?
(a) A Harvard University professor.
(b) A sailor.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A writer.
5. What kind of surgery did Konner watch Dr. Ruskin perform?
(a) Abdominal surgery.
(b) Cataract surgery.
(c) Implant surgery.
(d) Spine surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Konner's condition ironic?
2. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
3. What were surgeons going to correct in patient Laura's laparotomy?
4. What specialty does Konner decide to follow?
5. What is 'bagging' a patient?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)