|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pathology: The Aspect of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner characterize shock therapy?
(a) Mild compared with surgery.
(d) Violent and dehumanizing.
2. How does Konner characterize obstetrics?
(a) A horrifying spectacle of women in intense pain.
(b) An artificial intrusion of Western medicine into human life.
(c) An emergency situation that usually has a good outcome.
(d) A nervous situation of waiting to see whether a birth will even require medical care.
3. What insight did Konner get over his break?
(a) He was sick, and saw illness from the patient's perspective.
(b) His father was sick, and he saw the hospital through his eyes.
(c) He traveled, and knew what it was like to be out of his element.
(d) He had heartburn, and saw that drugs fixed it immediately.
4. What specialty does Konner decide to follow?
(b) Medical psychiatry.
5. What did Konner deliver twice, in his first week?
(a) Down syndrome babies.
(d) Still births.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
2. What was Konner's previous training in?
3. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
4. What could Konner do for Stan while Barb was suffering complications?
5. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)