|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pathology: The Aspect of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What luxury did Konner's relationship with Dr. Haley allow him?
(a) He could make more money.
(b) He could take more time off.
(c) He could rely on Dr. Haley when he was uncertain.
(d) He could diagnose patients by himself.
2. What was patient Laura a candidate for?
(a) In vitro fertilization.
(b) Radiation treatment.
(c) Cesarean section delivery.
(d) Mandatory sterilization.
3. How does Konner characterize obstetrics?
(a) A nervous situation of waiting to see whether a birth will even require medical care.
(b) An artificial intrusion of Western medicine into human life.
(c) An emergency situation that usually has a good outcome.
(d) A horrifying spectacle of women in intense pain.
4. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
(a) As a pilot.
(b) As a nurse.
(c) As an anthropologist.
(d) As a soldier.
5. Why was Konner's condition ironic?
(a) He had been telling mothers to push as if they were going to the bathroom, and now felt that same urge.
(b) He had been telling people how to live healthy lives, and his own unhealthy habits were catching up with him.
(c) He had been healthier than ever during his time in medical school, but he could not escape a common cold.
(d) He had been treating all kinds of conditions, but he fell victim to a stress-induced skeletal-muscular injury.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
2. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
3. What condition does Konner's Uncle Dave suffer?
4. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
5. What did Konner suffer from on his trip to Galen the day after his ob/gyn rotation?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)