|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pathology: The Aspect of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of cases is Katherine Ballard interested in?
(b) Borderline cases.
2. What does Konner say African men did when their wives were in labor?
(a) Induce constipation.
(b) Put animals in their robes as if they had given birth to them.
(c) Hold their wives' hands and encourage them through the pain.
(d) Leave the village until they were done.
3. What is Howard Cullen's diagnosis?
(c) General psychosis.
(d) Severe migraines.
4. How does Konner characterize obstetrics?
(a) An artificial intrusion of Western medicine into human life.
(b) A horrifying spectacle of women in intense pain.
(c) An emergency situation that usually has a good outcome.
(d) A nervous situation of waiting to see whether a birth will even require medical care.
5. What did the article Konner find in his last week of surgery argue?
(a) Malpractice insurance was raising the cost of everyone's care.
(b) Science came before patients in medical schools.
(c) America's standard of care was lower than most industrial nations'.
(d) Pharmaceutical companies were paying doctors to perform unsafe procedures.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Konner begin his gynecology rotation?
2. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
3. What did Konner think was unrealistic about the doctor he saw on TV?
4. What was the nature of the first operation in which Konner participated?
5. What did Konner find for the street person who came in with a minor injury?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)