|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pathology: The Aspect of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
(b) Car accidents.
(d) Severe illnesses.
2. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
(b) The Emergency Ward chief.
(c) The chief of Anesthesiology.
(d) The surgeon.
3. What does Konner say is a benefit of obstetrics?
(a) The newborn babies.
(b) The glowing mothers.
(c) The sense that this was all normal.
(d) The respect for the patients.
4. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
(a) An intensive care unit.
(b) An operating room.
(c) Back home.
(d) To the morgue.
5. How does Konner characterize surgeons' personalities?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner recommend for the mother who wanted midwifery?
2. What feelings in the doctors does Konner say he understood after spending time with long-term incurable patients?
3. How many people were in the group of interns seeing patients on rounds?
4. What did patient Francis Giannetti discover when he came into the hospital with leg cramps from jogging?
5. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)