|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pathology: The Aspect of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(b) Severe illnesses.
(c) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
(d) Car accidents.
2. What does asepsis mean?
(a) Preventing infection.
(b) Without infection.
(c) With infection.
(d) Treating infection.
3. What does Konner wonder at, during one of his deliveries?
(a) Hospitals are even required for child birth.
(b) Women can survive the pain of labor.
(c) So many American women were routinely anaesthetized during birth.
(d) Babies can survive compression to pass through the birth canal.
4. How does Konner say he reacts to this split between methodologies?
(a) He feels conflicted.
(b) He sides with the psychopharmacologists.
(c) He sides with Freud.
(d) He prefers an altogether different approach.
5. What kind of surgery did Konner watch Dr. Ruskin perform?
(a) Abdominal surgery.
(b) Cataract surgery.
(c) Spine surgery.
(d) Implant surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the diagnosis for patient Edie?
2. What rule prevented Konner from attending as many births as possible?
3. What does Konner say African men did when their wives were in labor?
4. What happened to Barb's condition by the time Konner returned to his rotation?
5. How long a break does Konner get at Christmas?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)