|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pathology: The Aspect of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the diagnosis for patient Edie?
(b) Early-onset Alzheimers.
(c) Brain cancer.
(d) Traumatic brain injury.
2. What does Konner say he believes about obstetrics?
(a) It should be run by scientists.
(b) It should be practiced by women.
(c) It should be focused on preventative health and health maintenance.
(d) A woman's reproductive system should be allowed to run its course without interference.
3. What kind of surgery did Konner watch Dr. Ruskin perform?
(a) Spine surgery.
(b) Abdominal surgery.
(c) Cataract surgery.
(d) Implant surgery.
4. How does Konner characterize obstetrics?
(a) An emergency situation that usually has a good outcome.
(b) A horrifying spectacle of women in intense pain.
(c) A nervous situation of waiting to see whether a birth will even require medical care.
(d) An artificial intrusion of Western medicine into human life.
5. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
(a) A radical treatment.
(b) A missed heartbeat.
(c) An orchid in the attic.
(d) A compensatory pause.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brennan's medical skills?
2. Why did Konner's procedure with the woman with gonorrhea take five times longer than the procedure should have taken?
3. What does Konner say is the typical method of childbirth in the U.S.?
4. What is Howard Cullen's diagnosis?
5. Where does Konner work on his non-surgical afternoons?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)