|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pathology: The Aspect of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is 'dura mater'?
(a) Hard matter around the brain.
(b) The protective sheath around the nerve cell.
(c) Bony channels in the ear.
(d) Another name for bone.
2. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Severe illnesses.
(c) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
(d) Car accidents.
3. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
(a) Leave them in peace.
(b) Fix all their problems.
(c) Give them pills.
(d) Talk with them.
4. For what did John Williams set records?
(a) Cases handled.
(b) Monthly earnings.
(c) Malpractice claims.
(d) Longest time without sleep.
5. What kinds of cases is Katherine Ballard interested in?
(c) Borderline cases.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner say he reacts to this split between methodologies?
2. What were surgeons going to correct in patient Laura's laparotomy?
3. How does Konner characterize shock therapy?
4. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
5. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)