|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychiatry: The Mind-Body Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Severe illnesses.
(b) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
(d) Car accidents.
2. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
(a) Men who wanted to help people.
(b) Men who thrive on stress.
(c) Men who thrive on problem solving.
(d) Men who enjoyed making snap decisions.
3. What restrictions did Konner have to observe after scrubbing in?
(a) He could not discuss other cases.
(b) He could not touch anything.
(c) He could not leave the surgery ward.
(d) He could not talk to anyone.
4. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
(a) As daredevils taking all the risks.
(b) As dangerous.
(c) As drama queens always stealing the show.
(d) As actors in their drama.
5. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
(a) He told a patient abruptly that they only had a few months to live.
(b) He callously described a patient's discomfort to a group of interns.
(c) He walked away from a patient's question.
(d) He was known to have affairs with the staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does asepsis mean?
2. What is Howard Cullen's diagnosis?
3. What was Konner convinced of, after Mike's mistake?
4. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
5. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)