|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychiatry: The Mind-Body Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
(a) Bay State Hospital.
(b) Beth Israel Hospital.
(c) Galen Memorial Hospital.
(d) Kings County Hospital.
2. What was Freddy Robertson's role in the procedures that were performed?
(a) Testing her blood type.
(b) Inserting an IV.
(c) Holding the woman down.
(d) Directing traffic.
3. Where did Konner go at the end of his last shift, when he wanted to reflect on the trauma patients he treated?
(b) The chapel.
(c) For a walk with another intern.
(d) The bar.
4. What is intubation?
(a) Placing a tube for intravenous fluids into a patient's arm.
(b) Placing a breathing tube into a patient's throat.
(c) Placing a tube into a patient's bladder.
(d) Placing a tube into a patient's ear.
5. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brennan's medical skills?
(a) He says that he was aloof and defensive, and made a lot of mistakes.
(b) He says that he was so friendly that his medical procedures seemed more successful than they were.
(c) He says that he could not recognize what was staring him in the face.
(d) He says that he saw beyond the CAT scans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
2. How does Konner characterize shock therapy?
3. What does Konner say is typical of brain disease?
4. How does Konner say he reacts to this split between methodologies?
5. What was Scott Lucas' role?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)