|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychiatry: The Mind-Body Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the nature of the first operation in which Konner participated?
(a) Gall bladder surgery.
(b) Brain surgery.
(c) Skin surgery.
(d) Heart surgery.
2. What was Scott Lucas' role?
(a) To take blood.
(b) To get the woman's clothes off.
(c) To reinflate the woman's lung.
(d) To test the woman's blood type.
3. What is 'bagging' a patient?
(a) Covering a patient's head so they cannot see surgery.
(b) Giving a bag to a nauseous patient.
(c) Breathing for them with a rubber bag.
(d) Putting a deceased patient in a body bag.
4. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
(a) The surgeon.
(c) The Emergency Ward chief.
(d) The chief of Anesthesiology.
5. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
(a) Drug overdose.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Pregnancy complications.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brennan's medical skills?
2. What kinds of cases is Katherine Ballard interested in?
3. What did patient Francis Giannetti discover when he came into the hospital with leg cramps from jogging?
4. What distinguished Peter Byron's patient care?
5. What crude behavior does Konner describe from a resident physician?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)