|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychiatry: The Mind-Body Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
(a) His day job.
(b) Trying to do several rotations at once.
(c) Nightly assignments.
(d) Problems in his personal life.
2. What did the article Konner find in his last week of surgery argue?
(a) Pharmaceutical companies were paying doctors to perform unsafe procedures.
(b) Malpractice insurance was raising the cost of everyone's care.
(c) Science came before patients in medical schools.
(d) America's standard of care was lower than most industrial nations'.
3. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
(d) Patients' relatives.
4. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A nurse-anesthesiologist.
(c) The surgeon.
(d) The patient's mother.
5. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
(a) A missed heartbeat.
(b) A radical treatment.
(c) A compensatory pause.
(d) An orchid in the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did walk-rounds begin in the Emergency Ward?
2. What is Howard Cullen's diagnosis?
3. What did patient Francis Giannetti discover when he came into the hospital with leg cramps from jogging?
4. How does Konner say he reacts to this split between methodologies?
5. How long is a rotation?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)