|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychiatry: The Mind-Body Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
(a) As a nurse.
(b) As an anthropologist.
(c) As a soldier.
(d) As a pilot.
2. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
(a) He walked away from a patient's question.
(b) He callously described a patient's discomfort to a group of interns.
(c) He was known to have affairs with the staff.
(d) He told a patient abruptly that they only had a few months to live.
3. What is 'bagging' a patient?
(a) Covering a patient's head so they cannot see surgery.
(b) Putting a deceased patient in a body bag.
(c) Giving a bag to a nauseous patient.
(d) Breathing for them with a rubber bag.
4. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
(a) By sawing off her ring.
(b) By amputating it.
(c) By compressing the finger.
(d) By lancing it and draining the blood.
5. What does Konner say is typical of brain disease?
(c) Identity loss.
(d) Suicidal thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the other medical students?
2. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
3. When did walk-rounds begin in the Emergency Ward?
4. What outcome has Dr. Burdick tried to prevent in his practice?
5. What is 'dura mater'?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)