|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychiatry: The Mind-Body Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prognosis for the patients Konner sees under Dr. Burdick?
(a) They will not return to normal lives.
(b) They may improve and be discharged with drugs.
(c) They will likely spend the rest of their lives in and out of hospitals.
(d) They can be released after a talking cure identifies and cures their neurosis.
2. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
(a) Talk to the patient.
(b) Spend as little time as possible with the patient.
(c) Touch the patient.
(d) Read the chart first.
3. What procedure did Konner participate in with David Milano?
(a) Removing surgical stitches.
(b) Heart surgery.
(c) Exploratory surgery.
4. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
(a) The chief of Anesthesiology.
(b) The surgeon.
(d) The Emergency Ward chief.
5. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Severe illnesses.
(b) Car accidents.
(c) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
2. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
3. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
4. What did Konner think was unrealistic about the doctor he saw on TV?
5. What did Mike Colucci do by mistake?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)