|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychiatry: The Mind-Body Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the nature of the first operation in which Konner participated?
(a) Heart surgery.
(b) Gall bladder surgery.
(c) Skin surgery.
(d) Brain surgery.
2. At what age did Konner begin his first rotation?
3. What did interns do after rounds?
(a) Wait for patients to come in.
(b) Write up the rounds.
(c) Begin assignments.
(d) Start to study.
4. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
(a) Never call a surgeon.
(b) Do nothing if you don't know.
(c) Learn by experimenting.
(d) Keep doing things that work.
5. What is the prognosis for the patients Konner sees under Dr. Burdick?
(a) They will likely spend the rest of their lives in and out of hospitals.
(b) They will not return to normal lives.
(c) They may improve and be discharged with drugs.
(d) They can be released after a talking cure identifies and cures their neurosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Konner's status during the anecdote that opens the book?
2. What was Scott Lucas' role?
3. What difficulty did patient Edwards have as a result of surgery?
4. How many medical students was Konner grouped with for his rotation in psychiatry?
5. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)