|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychiatry: The Mind-Body Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
(b) Car accidents.
(d) Severe illnesses.
2. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
(a) He told a patient abruptly that they only had a few months to live.
(b) He callously described a patient's discomfort to a group of interns.
(c) He walked away from a patient's question.
(d) He was known to have affairs with the staff.
3. Where did Konner go at the end of his last shift, when he wanted to reflect on the trauma patients he treated?
(a) The chapel.
(c) The bar.
(d) For a walk with another intern.
4. What was Konner's previous training in?
5. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
(a) He was afraid that he would not pass.
(b) He did not know if he would be able to get a scholarship.
(c) He was afraid that he would not get a higher score than his class rival.
(d) He was not confident that he could score above the middle of the class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguished Peter Byron's patient care?
2. What is Howard Cullen's diagnosis?
3. How many people were in the group of interns seeing patients on rounds?
4. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
5. How long is a rotation?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)