|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Psychiatry: The Mind-Body Problem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
(a) Kings County Hospital.
(b) Beth Israel Hospital.
(c) Galen Memorial Hospital.
(d) Bay State Hospital.
2. What was the diagnosis for patient Edie?
(a) Brain cancer.
(b) Traumatic brain injury.
(c) Early-onset Alzheimers.
3. What is Howard Cullen's diagnosis?
(a) General psychosis.
(d) Severe migraines.
4. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Car accidents.
(b) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
(d) Severe illnesses.
5. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
(a) Nightly assignments.
(b) Problems in his personal life.
(c) Trying to do several rotations at once.
(d) His day job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crude behavior does Konner describe from a resident physician?
2. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brennan's medical skills?
3. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
4. What was the nature of the first operation in which Konner participated?
5. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)