|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Neurosurgery and Neurology: Lesions of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
(a) By lancing it and draining the blood.
(b) By sawing off her ring.
(c) By amputating it.
(d) By compressing the finger.
2. What does a retractor do?
(a) Holds skin open.
(b) Drains blood from a body cavity.
(c) Stops bleeding.
(d) Applies pressure to a wound.
3. What did interns do after rounds?
(a) Wait for patients to come in.
(b) Write up the rounds.
(c) Start to study.
(d) Begin assignments.
4. What was Konner's status during the anecdote that opens the book?
(d) Med student.
5. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
(a) Large hospital groups.
(b) One-on-one tutorials.
(c) Small hospital groups.
(d) By shadowing individual doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brennan's medical skills?
2. For what did John Williams set records?
3. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
4. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
5. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)