|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Neurosurgery and Neurology: Lesions of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Konner's procedure with the woman with gonorrhea take five times longer than the procedure should have taken?
(a) He was confused by the woman's symptoms, and it took him longer to rule out certain complications.
(b) He was interested in the woman's story, and listened to her talk.
(c) He tried to heal her emotionally.
(d) He thought the woman's chart had been written up incorrectly.
2. What had Konner been before starting med school?
(a) A writer.
(b) An engineer.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A Harvard University professor.
3. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
(a) Drug overdose.
(c) Pregnancy complications.
(d) Car accident.
4. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
(a) Witty and detached.
(b) Weak and fussy.
(c) Irritable and judgmental.
(d) Aggressive and combative.
5. What does asepsis mean?
(a) Treating infection.
(b) Without infection.
(c) With infection.
(d) Preventing infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
2. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
3. What was the nature of the first operation in which Konner participated?
4. What did Mike Colucci do by mistake?
5. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)