|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Neurosurgery and Neurology: Lesions of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Konner's procedure with the woman with gonorrhea take five times longer than the procedure should have taken?
(a) He was interested in the woman's story, and listened to her talk.
(b) He was confused by the woman's symptoms, and it took him longer to rule out certain complications.
(c) He tried to heal her emotionally.
(d) He thought the woman's chart had been written up incorrectly.
2. What is 'bagging' a patient?
(a) Giving a bag to a nauseous patient.
(b) Covering a patient's head so they cannot see surgery.
(c) Putting a deceased patient in a body bag.
(d) Breathing for them with a rubber bag.
3. At what age did Konner begin his first rotation?
4. What feelings in the doctors does Konner say he understood after spending time with long-term incurable patients?
5. What crude behavior does Konner describe from a resident physician?
(a) Insulting the interns in front of the patients.
(b) Exposing himself to a patient.
(c) Snickering at a woman's diagnosis.
(d) Making racist/sexist jokes with the patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
2. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
3. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
4. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
5. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)