|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Neurosurgery and Neurology: Lesions of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner characterize his teachers in the basic clinical skills classes?
(a) The most impersonal teachers he had.
(b) The best teachers he had.
(c) The least interesting teachers he ever had.
(d) The least successful teachers he ever had.
2. What did patient Francis Giannetti discover when he came into the hospital with leg cramps from jogging?
(b) Thyroid issues.
(c) Brain cancer.
(d) Heart disease.
3. What was Konner convinced of, after Mike's mistake?
(a) He was not surgeon material himself.
(b) Marty Wentworth practiced bad medicine.
(c) Mike Colucci was never going to be a surgeon.
(d) Surgery is a dangerous business.
4. What crude behavior does Konner describe from a resident physician?
(a) Snickering at a woman's diagnosis.
(b) Exposing himself to a patient.
(c) Insulting the interns in front of the patients.
(d) Making racist/sexist jokes with the patients.
5. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
(a) By sawing off her ring.
(b) By lancing it and draining the blood.
(c) By compressing the finger.
(d) By amputating it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What difficulty did patient Edwards have as a result of surgery?
2. What is 'bagging' a patient?
3. What did Dr. Brennan take from Gerald Edwards' body during surgery?
4. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
5. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)