|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Neurosurgery and Neurology: Lesions of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does asepsis mean?
(a) With infection.
(b) Without infection.
(c) Preventing infection.
(d) Treating infection.
2. Why did Konner's procedure with the woman with gonorrhea take five times longer than the procedure should have taken?
(a) He thought the woman's chart had been written up incorrectly.
(b) He tried to heal her emotionally.
(c) He was interested in the woman's story, and listened to her talk.
(d) He was confused by the woman's symptoms, and it took him longer to rule out certain complications.
3. What did Mike Colucci do by mistake?
(a) Cut the cystic artery.
(b) Failed to anesthetize the patient property.
(c) Made the incision in the wrong place.
(d) Removed the wrong organ.
4. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
(a) The surgeon.
(c) The Emergency Ward chief.
(d) The chief of Anesthesiology.
5. For how long has Konner wanted to study medicine?
(a) All his life.
(b) Since high school.
(c) Since college.
(d) Since middle school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
2. How did Marty Wentworth and Dr. Carter embarrass themselves in front of their colleagues?
3. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
4. What is 'bagging' a patient?
5. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)