|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Neurosurgery and Neurology: Lesions of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
(a) He was afraid that he would not get a higher score than his class rival.
(b) He was not confident that he could score above the middle of the class.
(c) He did not know if he would be able to get a scholarship.
(d) He was afraid that he would not pass.
2. What crude behavior does Konner describe from a resident physician?
(a) Insulting the interns in front of the patients.
(b) Exposing himself to a patient.
(c) Snickering at a woman's diagnosis.
(d) Making racist/sexist jokes with the patients.
3. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
(a) The surgeon.
(b) The patient's mother.
(c) A nurse-anesthesiologist.
(d) A nurse.
4. What was the nature of the first operation in which Konner participated?
(a) Skin surgery.
(b) Brain surgery.
(c) Heart surgery.
(d) Gall bladder surgery.
5. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
(a) It could have been finished much sooner.
(b) The procedure was merely cosmetic.
(c) The patient should not have been operated on.
(d) The surgeon made mistakes even he could recognize.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say is typical of brain disease?
2. What was Konner convinced of, after Mike's mistake?
3. Where did Konner go at the end of his last shift, when he wanted to reflect on the trauma patients he treated?
4. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
5. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)