|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Neurosurgery and Neurology: Lesions of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A nurse-anesthesiologist.
(c) The patient's mother.
(d) The surgeon.
2. Where did Konner go at the end of his last shift, when he wanted to reflect on the trauma patients he treated?
(a) The bar.
(b) For a walk with another intern.
(c) The chapel.
3. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
(a) Talk to the patient.
(b) Read the chart first.
(c) Touch the patient.
(d) Spend as little time as possible with the patient.
4. What was the surgeons response when Dr. Ramirez asked Konner to intubate?
(a) He wanted Ramirez to intubate.
(b) He showed Konner how to do it.
(c) He criticized Ramirez' technique.
(d) He did it himself.
5. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
(a) Small hospital groups.
(b) One-on-one tutorials.
(c) Large hospital groups.
(d) By shadowing individual doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
2. What feelings in the doctors does Konner say he understood after spending time with long-term incurable patients?
3. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brennan's medical skills?
4. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
5. What did Konner think was unrealistic about the doctor he saw on TV?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)