|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Neurosurgery and Neurology: Lesions of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
(a) He was known to have affairs with the staff.
(b) He callously described a patient's discomfort to a group of interns.
(c) He told a patient abruptly that they only had a few months to live.
(d) He walked away from a patient's question.
2. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
3. What crude behavior does Konner describe from a resident physician?
(a) Making racist/sexist jokes with the patients.
(b) Snickering at a woman's diagnosis.
(c) Insulting the interns in front of the patients.
(d) Exposing himself to a patient.
4. How does Konner characterize Freddy Robertson?
5. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
(a) Nightly assignments.
(b) Trying to do several rotations at once.
(c) Problems in his personal life.
(d) His day job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did interns do after rounds?
2. What did patient Francis Giannetti discover when he came into the hospital with leg cramps from jogging?
3. What does a retractor do?
4. How many people were in the group of interns seeing patients on rounds?
5. What feelings in the doctors does Konner say he understood after spending time with long-term incurable patients?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)