|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anesthesiology: The Technicians of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
(a) By compressing the finger.
(b) By lancing it and draining the blood.
(c) By amputating it.
(d) By sawing off her ring.
2. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
(a) He was known to have affairs with the staff.
(b) He walked away from a patient's question.
(c) He told a patient abruptly that they only had a few months to live.
(d) He callously described a patient's discomfort to a group of interns.
3. At what age did Konner begin his first rotation?
4. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
(a) Bay State Hospital.
(b) Galen Memorial Hospital.
(c) Kings County Hospital.
(d) Beth Israel Hospital.
5. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
(a) A missed heartbeat.
(b) A compensatory pause.
(c) A radical treatment.
(d) An orchid in the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the other medical students?
2. How long is a rotation?
3. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
4. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
5. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)