|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anesthesiology: The Technicians of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
(a) He thought she has severe problems.
(b) He had never performed this exam before.
(c) He was attracted to her.
(d) He was sick himself.
2. What does asepsis mean?
(a) Preventing infection.
(b) With infection.
(c) Without infection.
(d) Treating infection.
3. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Severe illnesses.
(c) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
(d) Car accidents.
4. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
(a) By his patience and insight.
(b) By describing successes with radical procedures.
(c) By his calm under pressure.
(d) By presenting a contrasting range of patients.
5. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
(a) By shadowing individual doctors.
(b) One-on-one tutorials.
(c) Large hospital groups.
(d) Small hospital groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize his teachers in the basic clinical skills classes?
2. What was Freddy Robertson's role in the procedures that were performed?
3. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
4. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
5. How long is a rotation?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)