|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anesthesiology: The Technicians of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
(a) As daredevils taking all the risks.
(b) As drama queens always stealing the show.
(c) As actors in their drama.
(d) As dangerous.
2. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
(a) The patient should not have been operated on.
(b) The procedure was merely cosmetic.
(c) The surgeon made mistakes even he could recognize.
(d) It could have been finished much sooner.
3. What had Konner been before starting med school?
(a) A writer.
(b) A Harvard University professor.
(c) A sailor.
(d) An engineer.
4. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
(a) He thought she has severe problems.
(b) He was sick himself.
(c) He had never performed this exam before.
(d) He was attracted to her.
5. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
(a) Learn by experimenting.
(b) Never call a surgeon.
(c) Keep doing things that work.
(d) Do nothing if you don't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
2. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
3. What was Konner's status during the anecdote that opens the book?
4. Where did Konner go at the end of his last shift, when he wanted to reflect on the trauma patients he treated?
5. How does Konner characterize the other medical students?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)