|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anesthesiology: The Technicians of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
(a) By amputating it.
(b) By sawing off her ring.
(c) By lancing it and draining the blood.
(d) By compressing the finger.
2. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
(a) A missed heartbeat.
(b) A compensatory pause.
(c) An orchid in the attic.
(d) A radical treatment.
3. What does asepsis mean?
(a) With infection.
(b) Treating infection.
(c) Preventing infection.
(d) Without infection.
4. What did Konner find for the street person who came in with a minor injury?
(a) A clean syringe.
(b) An empty bed.
(c) A bottle of alcohol.
(d) A place to stay.
5. How does Konner characterize Freddy Robertson?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
2. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
3. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
4. What was Scott Lucas' role?
5. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)