|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anesthesiology: The Technicians of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner characterize Freddy Robertson?
2. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
(a) Trying to do several rotations at once.
(b) Problems in his personal life.
(c) His day job.
(d) Nightly assignments.
3. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
(a) He was afraid that he would not pass.
(b) He did not know if he would be able to get a scholarship.
(c) He was afraid that he would not get a higher score than his class rival.
(d) He was not confident that he could score above the middle of the class.
4. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
(a) Chopping wood.
(b) Playing golf.
5. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
(b) Car accident.
(c) Pregnancy complications.
(d) Drug overdose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
2. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
3. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
4. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
5. Where did Konner go at the end of his last shift, when he wanted to reflect on the trauma patients he treated?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)