|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anesthesiology: The Technicians of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Freddy Robertson's role in the procedures that were performed?
(a) Holding the woman down.
(b) Inserting an IV.
(c) Testing her blood type.
(d) Directing traffic.
2. What is intubation?
(a) Placing a tube for intravenous fluids into a patient's arm.
(b) Placing a breathing tube into a patient's throat.
(c) Placing a tube into a patient's bladder.
(d) Placing a tube into a patient's ear.
3. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
(a) By his patience and insight.
(b) By describing successes with radical procedures.
(c) By presenting a contrasting range of patients.
(d) By his calm under pressure.
4. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
(a) Never call a surgeon.
(b) Keep doing things that work.
(c) Do nothing if you don't know.
(d) Learn by experimenting.
5. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
(a) Fifteen hours.
(b) Fifty minutes.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Fifteen seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
2. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
3. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
4. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
5. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)