|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anesthesiology: The Technicians of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of surgery did Konner watch Dr. Ruskin perform?
(a) Spine surgery.
(b) Implant surgery.
(c) Cataract surgery.
(d) Abdominal surgery.
2. What had Konner been before starting med school?
(a) A Harvard University professor.
(b) A sailor.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A writer.
3. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
(a) Technical expertise.
(c) Political connections.
4. What did Konner find for the street person who came in with a minor injury?
(a) A bottle of alcohol.
(b) A place to stay.
(c) An empty bed.
(d) A clean syringe.
5. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
(a) Keep doing things that work.
(b) Learn by experimenting.
(c) Do nothing if you don't know.
(d) Never call a surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
2. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
3. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
4. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
5. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)