|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anesthesiology: The Technicians of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Konner been before starting med school?
(a) A writer.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A Harvard University professor.
(d) An engineer.
2. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
(a) He is the least prepared.
(b) He is older.
(c) He is the only man.
(d) He is younger.
3. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
(a) Aggressive and combative.
(b) Irritable and judgmental.
(c) Weak and fussy.
(d) Witty and detached.
4. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
(c) Political connections.
(d) Technical expertise.
5. For what did John Williams set records?
(a) Monthly earnings.
(b) Longest time without sleep.
(c) Malpractice claims.
(d) Cases handled.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is a rotation?
2. What did the surgeon order Konner to get rid of because it would be useless?
3. What was Konner's status during the anecdote that opens the book?
4. What did Konner find for the street person who came in with a minor injury?
5. What is 'bagging' a patient?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)