|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anesthesiology: The Technicians of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
(a) An orchid in the attic.
(b) A radical treatment.
(c) A missed heartbeat.
(d) A compensatory pause.
2. What was Freddy Robertson's role in the procedures that were performed?
(a) Inserting an IV.
(b) Testing her blood type.
(c) Directing traffic.
(d) Holding the woman down.
3. What kind of surgery did Konner watch Dr. Ruskin perform?
(a) Abdominal surgery.
(b) Spine surgery.
(c) Implant surgery.
(d) Cataract surgery.
4. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
(a) The chief of Anesthesiology.
(b) The Emergency Ward chief.
(c) The surgeon.
5. For what did John Williams set records?
(a) Longest time without sleep.
(b) Malpractice claims.
(c) Cases handled.
(d) Monthly earnings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
2. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
3. What did the surgeon order Konner to get rid of because it would be useless?
4. At what age did Konner begin his first rotation?
5. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)