|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anesthesiology: The Technicians of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Severe illnesses.
(b) Car accidents.
(d) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
2. What was Freddy Robertson's role in the procedures that were performed?
(a) Directing traffic.
(b) Testing her blood type.
(c) Inserting an IV.
(d) Holding the woman down.
3. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
(a) An operating room.
(b) Back home.
(c) To the morgue.
(d) An intensive care unit.
4. For what did John Williams set records?
(a) Cases handled.
(b) Longest time without sleep.
(c) Monthly earnings.
(d) Malpractice claims.
5. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
(a) A nurse.
(b) The patient's mother.
(c) The surgeon.
(d) A nurse-anesthesiologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
2. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
3. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
4. How does Konner characterize Freddy Robertson?
5. What was Konner's Uncle Bobby's role in Konner's life?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)