|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anesthesiology: The Technicians of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the surgeons response when Dr. Ramirez asked Konner to intubate?
(a) He wanted Ramirez to intubate.
(b) He did it himself.
(c) He criticized Ramirez' technique.
(d) He showed Konner how to do it.
2. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
(a) The procedure was merely cosmetic.
(b) The surgeon made mistakes even he could recognize.
(c) It could have been finished much sooner.
(d) The patient should not have been operated on.
3. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
(b) The Emergency Ward chief.
(c) The surgeon.
(d) The chief of Anesthesiology.
4. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Fifteen hours.
(c) Fifteen seconds.
(d) Fifty minutes.
5. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
(a) Witty and detached.
(b) Aggressive and combative.
(c) Weak and fussy.
(d) Irritable and judgmental.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long has Konner wanted to study medicine?
2. What was Scott Lucas' role?
3. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
4. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
5. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)