|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anesthesiology: The Technicians of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
(a) By amputating it.
(b) By sawing off her ring.
(c) By compressing the finger.
(d) By lancing it and draining the blood.
2. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
(a) Men who enjoyed making snap decisions.
(b) Men who wanted to help people.
(c) Men who thrive on stress.
(d) Men who thrive on problem solving.
3. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
(a) An orchid in the attic.
(b) A radical treatment.
(c) A missed heartbeat.
(d) A compensatory pause.
4. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
(a) Learn by experimenting.
(b) Never call a surgeon.
(c) Keep doing things that work.
(d) Do nothing if you don't know.
5. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
(a) One-on-one tutorials.
(b) Small hospital groups.
(c) Large hospital groups.
(d) By shadowing individual doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
2. What was Konner's Uncle Bobby's role in Konner's life?
3. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
4. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
5. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)