|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anesthesiology: The Technicians of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
(a) Fix all their problems.
(b) Leave them in peace.
(c) Give them pills.
(d) Talk with them.
2. For what did John Williams set records?
(a) Monthly earnings.
(b) Malpractice claims.
(c) Cases handled.
(d) Longest time without sleep.
3. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
(a) He is the only man.
(b) He is older.
(c) He is the least prepared.
(d) He is younger.
4. Where did Konner go at the end of his last shift, when he wanted to reflect on the trauma patients he treated?
(a) The bar.
(b) The chapel.
(d) For a walk with another intern.
5. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
(a) He thought she has severe problems.
(b) He was sick himself.
(c) He was attracted to her.
(d) He had never performed this exam before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Konner find for the street person who came in with a minor injury?
2. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
3. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
4. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
5. What is 'bagging' a patient?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)