|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emergency Ward Surgery: No Man's Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long has Konner wanted to study medicine?
(a) All his life.
(b) Since college.
(c) Since middle school.
(d) Since high school.
2. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
(a) Talk with them.
(b) Leave them in peace.
(c) Fix all their problems.
(d) Give them pills.
3. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
(a) He was afraid that he would not pass.
(b) He was afraid that he would not get a higher score than his class rival.
(c) He was not confident that he could score above the middle of the class.
(d) He did not know if he would be able to get a scholarship.
4. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
(a) An orchid in the attic.
(b) A missed heartbeat.
(c) A compensatory pause.
(d) A radical treatment.
5. What did the surgeon order Konner to get rid of because it would be useless?
(a) A stethoscope.
(b) A fountain pen.
(c) A leather medical bag.
(d) A cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Konner been before starting med school?
2. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
3. For what did John Williams set records?
4. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
5. At what age did Konner begin his first rotation?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)