|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emergency Ward Surgery: No Man's Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Severe illnesses.
(b) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
(d) Car accidents.
2. At what age did Konner begin his first rotation?
3. How does Konner characterize his teachers in the basic clinical skills classes?
(a) The least successful teachers he ever had.
(b) The most impersonal teachers he had.
(c) The best teachers he had.
(d) The least interesting teachers he ever had.
4. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
(a) To the morgue.
(b) An intensive care unit.
(c) An operating room.
(d) Back home.
5. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
(a) Small hospital groups.
(b) By shadowing individual doctors.
(c) One-on-one tutorials.
(d) Large hospital groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
2. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
3. How long is a rotation?
4. What had Konner been before starting med school?
5. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)