|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emergency Ward Surgery: No Man's Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Severe illnesses.
(c) Car accidents.
(d) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
2. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
(c) Patients' relatives.
3. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
(a) By compressing the finger.
(b) By amputating it.
(c) By lancing it and draining the blood.
(d) By sawing off her ring.
4. For what did John Williams set records?
(a) Cases handled.
(b) Monthly earnings.
(c) Malpractice claims.
(d) Longest time without sleep.
5. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Fifteen seconds.
(c) Fifteen hours.
(d) Fifty minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
2. What had Konner been before starting med school?
3. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
4. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
5. What did Konner find for the street person who came in with a minor injury?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)