|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emergency Ward Surgery: No Man's Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
(a) As a nurse.
(b) As a pilot.
(c) As an anthropologist.
(d) As a soldier.
2. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
(a) He walked away from a patient's question.
(b) He told a patient abruptly that they only had a few months to live.
(c) He was known to have affairs with the staff.
(d) He callously described a patient's discomfort to a group of interns.
3. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
(a) An orchid in the attic.
(b) A missed heartbeat.
(c) A radical treatment.
(d) A compensatory pause.
4. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
(a) Fifteen hours.
(b) Fifteen seconds.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Fifty minutes.
5. What was Scott Lucas' role?
(a) To get the woman's clothes off.
(b) To test the woman's blood type.
(c) To take blood.
(d) To reinflate the woman's lung.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Konner begin his first rotation?
2. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
3. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
4. Where did Konner go at the end of his last shift, when he wanted to reflect on the trauma patients he treated?
5. How does Konner characterize the other medical students?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)