|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emergency Ward Surgery: No Man's Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Scott Lucas' role?
(a) To get the woman's clothes off.
(b) To reinflate the woman's lung.
(c) To test the woman's blood type.
(d) To take blood.
2. Where did Konner go at the end of his last shift, when he wanted to reflect on the trauma patients he treated?
(b) For a walk with another intern.
(c) The chapel.
(d) The bar.
3. How does Konner characterize his teachers in the basic clinical skills classes?
(a) The least successful teachers he ever had.
(b) The least interesting teachers he ever had.
(c) The best teachers he had.
(d) The most impersonal teachers he had.
4. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
(a) An orchid in the attic.
(b) A missed heartbeat.
(c) A radical treatment.
(d) A compensatory pause.
5. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
(a) Kings County Hospital.
(b) Galen Memorial Hospital.
(c) Bay State Hospital.
(d) Beth Israel Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the surgeon order Konner to get rid of because it would be useless?
2. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
3. For what did John Williams set records?
4. What was Konner's status during the anecdote that opens the book?
5. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)