|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emergency Ward Surgery: No Man's Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
(a) He is older.
(b) He is younger.
(c) He is the least prepared.
(d) He is the only man.
2. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
(a) Patients' relatives.
3. How does Konner characterize the other medical students?
4. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
(a) Men who enjoyed making snap decisions.
(b) Men who thrive on problem solving.
(c) Men who thrive on stress.
(d) Men who wanted to help people.
5. What had Konner been before starting med school?
(a) A sailor.
(b) An engineer.
(c) A Harvard University professor.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize Freddy Robertson?
2. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
3. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
4. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
5. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)