|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emergency Ward Surgery: No Man's Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long has Konner wanted to study medicine?
(a) All his life.
(b) Since college.
(c) Since high school.
(d) Since middle school.
2. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
(a) Do nothing if you don't know.
(b) Learn by experimenting.
(c) Keep doing things that work.
(d) Never call a surgeon.
3. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
(a) He was attracted to her.
(b) He thought she has severe problems.
(c) He was sick himself.
(d) He had never performed this exam before.
4. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
(a) By compressing the finger.
(b) By amputating it.
(c) By sawing off her ring.
(d) By lancing it and draining the blood.
5. What was Konner's status during the anecdote that opens the book?
(d) Med student.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize his teachers in the basic clinical skills classes?
2. What was Freddy Robertson's role in the procedures that were performed?
3. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
4. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
5. What had Konner been before starting med school?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)