|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emergency Ward Surgery: No Man's Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Freddy Robertson's role in the procedures that were performed?
(a) Inserting an IV.
(b) Holding the woman down.
(c) Directing traffic.
(d) Testing her blood type.
2. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
(a) He is the only man.
(b) He is older.
(c) He is younger.
(d) He is the least prepared.
3. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
(a) Political connections.
(c) Technical expertise.
4. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
(a) Men who thrive on stress.
(b) Men who thrive on problem solving.
(c) Men who wanted to help people.
(d) Men who enjoyed making snap decisions.
5. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
(c) Patients' relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
2. What did the surgeon order Konner to get rid of because it would be useless?
3. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
4. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
5. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)