|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emergency Ward Surgery: No Man's Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
(a) Keep doing things that work.
(b) Never call a surgeon.
(c) Do nothing if you don't know.
(d) Learn by experimenting.
2. How does Konner characterize his teachers in the basic clinical skills classes?
(a) The least successful teachers he ever had.
(b) The most impersonal teachers he had.
(c) The least interesting teachers he ever had.
(d) The best teachers he had.
3. What was Freddy Robertson's role in the procedures that were performed?
(a) Holding the woman down.
(b) Inserting an IV.
(c) Directing traffic.
(d) Testing her blood type.
4. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
(a) By his calm under pressure.
(b) By presenting a contrasting range of patients.
(c) By his patience and insight.
(d) By describing successes with radical procedures.
5. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
(a) Talk to the patient.
(b) Touch the patient.
(c) Read the chart first.
(d) Spend as little time as possible with the patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
2. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
3. Where did Konner go at the end of his last shift, when he wanted to reflect on the trauma patients he treated?
4. For how long has Konner wanted to study medicine?
5. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)