|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emergency Ward Surgery: No Man's Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what did John Williams set records?
(a) Monthly earnings.
(b) Cases handled.
(c) Malpractice claims.
(d) Longest time without sleep.
2. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
(a) Bay State Hospital.
(b) Beth Israel Hospital.
(c) Galen Memorial Hospital.
(d) Kings County Hospital.
3. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
(a) By sawing off her ring.
(b) By lancing it and draining the blood.
(c) By compressing the finger.
(d) By amputating it.
4. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
(a) One-on-one tutorials.
(b) Large hospital groups.
(c) By shadowing individual doctors.
(d) Small hospital groups.
5. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
(a) He is younger.
(b) He is older.
(c) He is the least prepared.
(d) He is the only man.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
2. Where did Konner go at the end of his last shift, when he wanted to reflect on the trauma patients he treated?
3. What was Konner's Uncle Bobby's role in Konner's life?
4. What had Konner been before starting med school?
5. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)