|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emergency Ward Surgery: No Man's Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
(a) He told a patient abruptly that they only had a few months to live.
(b) He callously described a patient's discomfort to a group of interns.
(c) He was known to have affairs with the staff.
(d) He walked away from a patient's question.
2. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
(a) Beth Israel Hospital.
(b) Kings County Hospital.
(c) Galen Memorial Hospital.
(d) Bay State Hospital.
3. What was Freddy Robertson's role in the procedures that were performed?
(a) Testing her blood type.
(b) Holding the woman down.
(c) Inserting an IV.
(d) Directing traffic.
4. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
(a) He had never performed this exam before.
(b) He was sick himself.
(c) He thought she has severe problems.
(d) He was attracted to her.
5. For what did John Williams set records?
(a) Monthly earnings.
(b) Longest time without sleep.
(c) Malpractice claims.
(d) Cases handled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
2. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
3. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
4. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
5. What was Konner's status during the anecdote that opens the book?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)