|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emergency Ward Surgery: No Man's Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
(a) Galen Memorial Hospital.
(b) Kings County Hospital.
(c) Beth Israel Hospital.
(d) Bay State Hospital.
2. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(b) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
(c) Severe illnesses.
(d) Car accidents.
3. What had Konner been before starting med school?
(a) A Harvard University professor.
(b) An engineer.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A writer.
4. How long is a rotation?
(a) A semester.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Two months.
5. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
(a) He was sick himself.
(b) He had never performed this exam before.
(c) He thought she has severe problems.
(d) He was attracted to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
2. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
3. How does Konner characterize Freddy Robertson?
4. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
5. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)