|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emergency Ward Surgery: No Man's Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
(a) Men who enjoyed making snap decisions.
(b) Men who thrive on stress.
(c) Men who thrive on problem solving.
(d) Men who wanted to help people.
2. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
(a) Read the chart first.
(b) Touch the patient.
(c) Talk to the patient.
(d) Spend as little time as possible with the patient.
3. What was Konner's Uncle Bobby's role in Konner's life?
4. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
(a) He did not know if he would be able to get a scholarship.
(b) He was afraid that he would not pass.
(c) He was not confident that he could score above the middle of the class.
(d) He was afraid that he would not get a higher score than his class rival.
5. How does Konner characterize Freddy Robertson?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Konner begin his first rotation?
2. Where did Konner go at the end of his last shift, when he wanted to reflect on the trauma patients he treated?
3. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
4. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
5. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)