|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emergency Ward Surgery: No Man's Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
(b) Car accident.
(c) Pregnancy complications.
(d) Drug overdose.
2. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
(a) He was afraid that he would not get a higher score than his class rival.
(b) He was not confident that he could score above the middle of the class.
(c) He was afraid that he would not pass.
(d) He did not know if he would be able to get a scholarship.
3. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
(a) To the morgue.
(b) Back home.
(c) An intensive care unit.
(d) An operating room.
4. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
(a) A radical treatment.
(b) A missed heartbeat.
(c) A compensatory pause.
(d) An orchid in the attic.
5. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
(a) Talk to the patient.
(b) Read the chart first.
(c) Spend as little time as possible with the patient.
(d) Touch the patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is a rotation?
2. What did the surgeon order Konner to get rid of because it would be useless?
3. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
4. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
5. What was Konner's status during the anecdote that opens the book?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)