|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pathology: The Aspect of Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
(a) Bay State Hospital.
(b) Kings County Hospital.
(c) Beth Israel Hospital.
(d) Galen Memorial Hospital.
2. Who does Konner say had a right not to be touched by medical students?
(a) Private pay patients.
(b) Cesarean section mothers.
(c) Fathers of newborn babies.
(d) Difficult births.
3. How long a break does Konner get at Christmas?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A week.
(c) Three days.
(d) One day.
4. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Severe illnesses.
(c) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
(d) Car accidents.
5. What is 'bagging' a patient?
(a) Putting a deceased patient in a body bag.
(b) Giving a bag to a nauseous patient.
(c) Breathing for them with a rubber bag.
(d) Covering a patient's head so they cannot see surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is a rotation?
2. What restrictions did Konner have to observe after scrubbing in?
3. What part of child birth didn't Konner like?
4. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
5. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)