|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine III: Healing and Hope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner wonder at, during one of his deliveries?
(a) Babies can survive compression to pass through the birth canal.
(b) Women can survive the pain of labor.
(c) Hospitals are even required for child birth.
(d) So many American women were routinely anaesthetized during birth.
2. What kind of surgery did Konner watch Dr. Ruskin perform?
(a) Implant surgery.
(b) Abdominal surgery.
(c) Cataract surgery.
(d) Spine surgery.
3. What does Konner say Dr. Brass criticized him for?
(a) Making a patient more comfortable.
(b) Talking with a patient.
(c) Cleaning up after a patient.
(d) Explaining the doctors' decisions to a patient.
4. Who was Konner's first autopsy?
(a) A housewife.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A mathematician.
(d) A professor.
5. What was the danger of the treatment Dr. Brass recommended?
(a) Suicidal thoughts.
(b) The patient develops a tolerance to the drug.
(c) Infection and destruction of a limb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
2. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
3. What was the diagnosis for patient Edie?
4. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
5. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)