|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine III: Healing and Hope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Konner think was unrealistic about the doctor he saw on TV?
(a) He cared about his patients.
(b) He had no life outside the hospital.
(c) He was relentless in his pursuit of nurses.
(d) He got away with gross incompetence.
2. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
(a) Back home.
(b) An operating room.
(c) To the morgue.
(d) An intensive care unit.
3. What was the topic of the article titled 'Med School, Heal Thyself'?
(a) Drug company subsidies for research.
(b) Kickbacks for doctors installing implants and synthetic joints.
(c) Doctors' 'inhumane behavior.'
(d) The over-specialization of medical disciplines.
4. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brass?
5. What does Konner wonder at, during one of his deliveries?
(a) Hospitals are even required for child birth.
(b) Women can survive the pain of labor.
(c) Babies can survive compression to pass through the birth canal.
(d) So many American women were routinely anaesthetized during birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What outcome has Dr. Burdick tried to prevent in his practice?
2. What did the surgeon order Konner to get rid of because it would be useless?
3. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
4. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
5. How does Konner say he reacts to this split between methodologies?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)