|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine III: Healing and Hope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a retractor do?
(a) Drains blood from a body cavity.
(b) Applies pressure to a wound.
(c) Stops bleeding.
(d) Holds skin open.
2. How was Konner involved in the birth of Barbara and Stan's second child?
(a) He recommended the nurse-midwives.
(b) He introduced them to each other.
(c) He performed the delivery.
(d) He was on call throughout the home birth.
3. What did Konner think was unrealistic about the doctor he saw on TV?
(a) He was relentless in his pursuit of nurses.
(b) He had no life outside the hospital.
(c) He cared about his patients.
(d) He got away with gross incompetence.
4. What crude behavior does Konner describe from a resident physician?
(a) Making racist/sexist jokes with the patients.
(b) Snickering at a woman's diagnosis.
(c) Exposing himself to a patient.
(d) Insulting the interns in front of the patients.
5. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brennan's medical skills?
(a) He says that he was aloof and defensive, and made a lot of mistakes.
(b) He says that he could not recognize what was staring him in the face.
(c) He says that he saw beyond the CAT scans.
(d) He says that he was so friendly that his medical procedures seemed more successful than they were.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was patient Laura a candidate for?
2. What restrictions did Konner have to observe after scrubbing in?
3. How does Konner characterize his work with Dr. Haley?
4. Who was Konner's first autopsy?
5. What causes Pickwickian syndrome?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)