|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine III: Healing and Hope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
(a) Men who thrive on stress.
(b) Men who enjoyed making snap decisions.
(c) Men who wanted to help people.
(d) Men who thrive on problem solving.
2. What did Mike Colucci do by mistake?
(a) Made the incision in the wrong place.
(b) Removed the wrong organ.
(c) Cut the cystic artery.
(d) Failed to anesthetize the patient property.
3. How does Konner characterize obstetrics?
(a) A horrifying spectacle of women in intense pain.
(b) An artificial intrusion of Western medicine into human life.
(c) An emergency situation that usually has a good outcome.
(d) A nervous situation of waiting to see whether a birth will even require medical care.
4. What was Harrison's specialty?
(a) Eye surgery.
(b) Gastrointestinal tumors.
(c) Heart disease.
(d) Nervous disorders.
5. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
(a) A radical treatment.
(b) An orchid in the attic.
(c) A compensatory pause.
(d) A missed heartbeat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brass?
2. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
3. Who does Konner say had a right not to be touched by medical students?
4. What interest did Konner's medical training have in common with his previous training?
5. What condition was Charlotte suffering?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)