|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine III: Healing and Hope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
(a) It could have been finished much sooner.
(b) The patient should not have been operated on.
(c) The surgeon made mistakes even he could recognize.
(d) The procedure was merely cosmetic.
2. What does Konner say Dr. Brass criticized him for?
(a) Explaining the doctors' decisions to a patient.
(b) Talking with a patient.
(c) Cleaning up after a patient.
(d) Making a patient more comfortable.
3. What does Konner wonder at, during one of his deliveries?
(a) Women can survive the pain of labor.
(b) Hospitals are even required for child birth.
(c) So many American women were routinely anaesthetized during birth.
(d) Babies can survive compression to pass through the birth canal.
4. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
(a) The surgeon.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A nurse-anesthesiologist.
(d) The patient's mother.
5. What was the nature of the first operation in which Konner participated?
(a) Gall bladder surgery.
(b) Brain surgery.
(c) Heart surgery.
(d) Skin surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is 'bagging' a patient?
2. What did the residents explain to the daughter of the woman suffering with terminal cancer?
3. What decision does Konner reaffirm during his visit with family?
4. What did the surgeon order Konner to get rid of because it would be useless?
5. How had Barb's midwife treated the condition that formed the complications?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)