|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine III: Healing and Hope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
(a) One-on-one tutorials.
(b) Large hospital groups.
(c) By shadowing individual doctors.
(d) Small hospital groups.
2. What does Konner say Dr. Brass criticized him for?
(a) Talking with a patient.
(b) Making a patient more comfortable.
(c) Explaining the doctors' decisions to a patient.
(d) Cleaning up after a patient.
3. What was the patient outcome of the treatment Dr. Brass recommended?
(b) The Pickwickian syndrome resolved.
(c) Arm damage.
(d) Additional surgery.
4. What did Konner find when he researched Sophie Hellman's case?
(a) A laundry list of exhausted and fruitless treatments.
(b) Subtle signs of the tumor that ultimately killed her.
(c) No notes about the treatments her doctor said he tried.
(d) A list of treatments that were be considered and rejected.
5. What specialty does Konner decide to follow?
(d) Medical psychiatry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Howard Cullen's diagnosis?
2. How does Konner characterize his work with Dr. Haley?
3. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant when he was working with Dr. Downing?
4. What kinds of cases is Katherine Ballard interested in?
5. What is intubation?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)