|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine III: Healing and Hope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insight did Konner get over his break?
(a) He was sick, and saw illness from the patient's perspective.
(b) He had heartburn, and saw that drugs fixed it immediately.
(c) He traveled, and knew what it was like to be out of his element.
(d) His father was sick, and he saw the hospital through his eyes.
2. What did the residents explain to the daughter of the woman suffering with terminal cancer?
(a) What heroic measures could still be taken.
(b) When her mother could be released back to her home.
(c) What surgery and chemotherapy would cost.
(d) Why her mother should be allowed to die.
3. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
(a) Talk with them.
(b) Fix all their problems.
(c) Leave them in peace.
(d) Give them pills.
4. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
5. How does Konner characterize his work with Dr. Haley?
(a) He felt like a fraud.
(b) He felt like a doctor of equal stature.
(c) He felt like he didn't know anything.
(d) He felt like a beginner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were surgeons going to correct in patient Laura's laparotomy?
2. What does Konner's friend call to discuss with him?
3. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brass?
4. When did Konner begin his gynecology rotation?
5. What part of child birth didn't Konner like?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)