|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine III: Healing and Hope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what did John Williams set records?
(a) Cases handled.
(b) Monthly earnings.
(c) Longest time without sleep.
(d) Malpractice claims.
2. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
(a) Give them pills.
(b) Talk with them.
(c) Fix all their problems.
(d) Leave them in peace.
3. What gave Konner an emotional boost during his rotation with Dr. Brass?
(a) Being called into a friend's birth.
(b) Selling his book proposal for 'Becoming a Doctor'.
(c) Getting a National Book Award.
(d) Getting a good evaluation.
4. What did the article Konner find in his last week of surgery argue?
(a) Malpractice insurance was raising the cost of everyone's care.
(b) Science came before patients in medical schools.
(c) Pharmaceutical companies were paying doctors to perform unsafe procedures.
(d) America's standard of care was lower than most industrial nations'.
5. What kinds of cases is Katherine Ballard interested in?
(d) Borderline cases.
Short Answer Questions
1. What difficulty did patient Edwards have as a result of surgery?
2. What is Pickwickian syndrome?
3. When did Konner begin his gynecology rotation?
4. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
5. What was the topic of the article titled 'Med School, Heal Thyself'?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)