|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine III: Healing and Hope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is 'bagging' a patient?
(a) Breathing for them with a rubber bag.
(b) Giving a bag to a nauseous patient.
(c) Putting a deceased patient in a body bag.
(d) Covering a patient's head so they cannot see surgery.
2. What are Konner's feelings about abortion?
(a) He things it is understandable and acceptable.
(b) He is appalled by it.
(c) He sees it as a necessary evil.
(d) He refrains from making a judgment.
3. How does Konner characterize the other medical students?
4. How many people were in the group of interns seeing patients on rounds?
5. What is intubation?
(a) Placing a tube into a patient's bladder.
(b) Placing a tube for intravenous fluids into a patient's arm.
(c) Placing a tube into a patient's ear.
(d) Placing a breathing tube into a patient's throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
2. How does Konner characterize shock therapy?
3. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
4. How long a break does Konner get at Christmas?
5. How was Konner involved in the birth of Barbara and Stan's second child?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)