|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine III: Healing and Hope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what did John Williams set records?
(a) Malpractice claims.
(b) Longest time without sleep.
(c) Cases handled.
(d) Monthly earnings.
2. What does Konner say made his rounds poignant when he was working with Dr. Downing?
(a) One of the patients had been a famous singer.
(b) Dr. Downing was herself sick with cancer.
(c) Three patients were terminal.
(d) The patients were children.
3. What insight did Konner get over his break?
(a) His father was sick, and he saw the hospital through his eyes.
(b) He was sick, and saw illness from the patient's perspective.
(c) He had heartburn, and saw that drugs fixed it immediately.
(d) He traveled, and knew what it was like to be out of his element.
4. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
(a) As a pilot.
(b) As a soldier.
(c) As a nurse.
(d) As an anthropologist.
5. What is the branch of psychiatric medicine that complements Freud's psychoanalysis?
(a) Drug treatment.
(b) Surgical treatment.
(d) Shock treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Konner find when he researched Sophie Hellman's case?
2. What had Dr. Suskauer been before becoming the head of obstetrics?
3. What had Petey begun to do at age seventeen?
4. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
5. What caused RPTA for Konner?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)