|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine III: Healing and Hope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner say is a benefit of obstetrics?
(a) The newborn babies.
(b) The sense that this was all normal.
(c) The respect for the patients.
(d) The glowing mothers.
2. What does Konner say about Charlotte?
(a) She gave him a reason to continue practicing medicine.
(b) Her case convinced him to get out of medicine.
(c) She dominated his last six weeks in his third year.
(d) She inspired him to write about his experiences.
3. In whose eye did Konner see a compassionate tear?
(a) A patient's.
(b) A physician's.
(c) An intern's.
(d) A nurse's.
4. Why did Konner's procedure with the woman with gonorrhea take five times longer than the procedure should have taken?
(a) He was confused by the woman's symptoms, and it took him longer to rule out certain complications.
(b) He tried to heal her emotionally.
(c) He thought the woman's chart had been written up incorrectly.
(d) He was interested in the woman's story, and listened to her talk.
5. What insight did Konner get over his break?
(a) He had heartburn, and saw that drugs fixed it immediately.
(b) His father was sick, and he saw the hospital through his eyes.
(c) He was sick, and saw illness from the patient's perspective.
(d) He traveled, and knew what it was like to be out of his element.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say African men did when their wives were in labor?
2. What did Konner think was unrealistic about the doctor he saw on TV?
3. Who was the surgeon in the operation on patient Laura?
4. How does Konner say Dr. Brass reacted to his work?
5. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)