|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
(a) His day job.
(b) Trying to do several rotations at once.
(c) Problems in his personal life.
(d) Nightly assignments.
2. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
(a) By amputating it.
(b) By sawing off her ring.
(c) By compressing the finger.
(d) By lancing it and draining the blood.
3. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
(a) Fix all their problems.
(b) Talk with them.
(c) Leave them in peace.
(d) Give them pills.
4. What had Konner been before starting med school?
(a) A writer.
(b) A sailor.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A Harvard University professor.
5. What was Konner convinced of, after Mike's mistake?
(a) Mike Colucci was never going to be a surgeon.
(b) Marty Wentworth practiced bad medicine.
(c) Surgery is a dangerous business.
(d) He was not surgeon material himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
2. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
3. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
4. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
5. What restrictions did Konner have to observe after scrubbing in?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)