|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is a rotation?
(a) A semester.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six weeks.
2. What is intubation?
(a) Placing a tube into a patient's ear.
(b) Placing a breathing tube into a patient's throat.
(c) Placing a tube for intravenous fluids into a patient's arm.
(d) Placing a tube into a patient's bladder.
3. How does Konner characterize the other medical students?
4. What had Konner been before starting med school?
(a) A writer.
(b) An engineer.
(c) A Harvard University professor.
(d) A sailor.
5. What is 'bagging' a patient?
(a) Breathing for them with a rubber bag.
(b) Giving a bag to a nauseous patient.
(c) Covering a patient's head so they cannot see surgery.
(d) Putting a deceased patient in a body bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
2. Why did Konner's procedure with the woman with gonorrhea take five times longer than the procedure should have taken?
3. How does Konner characterize Freddy Robertson?
4. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
5. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)