|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long has Konner wanted to study medicine?
(a) Since college.
(b) Since middle school.
(c) All his life.
(d) Since high school.
2. What procedure did Konner participate in with David Milano?
(a) Heart surgery.
(c) Removing surgical stitches.
(d) Exploratory surgery.
3. What does asepsis mean?
(a) Without infection.
(b) With infection.
(c) Treating infection.
(d) Preventing infection.
4. How long is a rotation?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) A semester.
(d) Two months.
5. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
(a) A compensatory pause.
(b) A missed heartbeat.
(c) A radical treatment.
(d) An orchid in the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the other medical students?
2. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
3. What is 'bagging' a patient?
4. At what age did Konner begin his first rotation?
5. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)