|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
(a) He was afraid that he would not get a higher score than his class rival.
(b) He did not know if he would be able to get a scholarship.
(c) He was afraid that he would not pass.
(d) He was not confident that he could score above the middle of the class.
2. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Severe illnesses.
(b) Car accidents.
(c) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
3. How does Konner characterize the other medical students?
4. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
5. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
(a) He walked away from a patient's question.
(b) He callously described a patient's discomfort to a group of interns.
(c) He was known to have affairs with the staff.
(d) He told a patient abruptly that they only had a few months to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
2. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
3. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
4. What was Konner convinced of, after Mike's mistake?
5. What did Mike Colucci do by mistake?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)