|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
(a) Never call a surgeon.
(b) Keep doing things that work.
(c) Do nothing if you don't know.
(d) Learn by experimenting.
2. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
3. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
(a) Trying to do several rotations at once.
(b) Nightly assignments.
(c) His day job.
(d) Problems in his personal life.
4. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
(a) It could have been finished much sooner.
(b) The surgeon made mistakes even he could recognize.
(c) The patient should not have been operated on.
(d) The procedure was merely cosmetic.
5. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Drug overdose.
(c) Pregnancy complications.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crude behavior does Konner describe from a resident physician?
2. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
3. What does a retractor do?
4. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
5. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)