|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the surgeons response when Dr. Ramirez asked Konner to intubate?
(a) He criticized Ramirez' technique.
(b) He showed Konner how to do it.
(c) He did it himself.
(d) He wanted Ramirez to intubate.
2. What crude behavior does Konner describe from a resident physician?
(a) Making racist/sexist jokes with the patients.
(b) Insulting the interns in front of the patients.
(c) Snickering at a woman's diagnosis.
(d) Exposing himself to a patient.
3. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
(a) By sawing off her ring.
(b) By lancing it and draining the blood.
(c) By compressing the finger.
(d) By amputating it.
4. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
(a) By his patience and insight.
(b) By presenting a contrasting range of patients.
(c) By his calm under pressure.
(d) By describing successes with radical procedures.
5. What kind of surgery did Konner watch Dr. Ruskin perform?
(a) Cataract surgery.
(b) Spine surgery.
(c) Abdominal surgery.
(d) Implant surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
2. What was Konner's status during the anecdote that opens the book?
3. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
4. What was Konner convinced of, after Mike's mistake?
5. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)