|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
(a) By sawing off her ring.
(b) By amputating it.
(c) By compressing the finger.
(d) By lancing it and draining the blood.
2. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
(c) Chopping wood.
(d) Playing golf.
3. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
(a) Touch the patient.
(b) Read the chart first.
(c) Spend as little time as possible with the patient.
(d) Talk to the patient.
4. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
(a) He did not know if he would be able to get a scholarship.
(b) He was afraid that he would not pass.
(c) He was not confident that he could score above the middle of the class.
(d) He was afraid that he would not get a higher score than his class rival.
5. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
(a) The surgeon.
(b) The patient's mother.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A nurse-anesthesiologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
2. What did interns do after rounds?
3. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
4. What procedure did Konner participate in with David Milano?
5. How does Konner characterize the other medical students?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)