|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
(a) A nurse.
(b) The patient's mother.
(c) A nurse-anesthesiologist.
(d) The surgeon.
2. What did Konner find for the street person who came in with a minor injury?
(a) A clean syringe.
(b) A bottle of alcohol.
(c) An empty bed.
(d) A place to stay.
3. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
(a) Technical expertise.
(b) Political connections.
4. What was Konner's status during the anecdote that opens the book?
(d) Med student.
5. What does a retractor do?
(a) Applies pressure to a wound.
(b) Holds skin open.
(c) Drains blood from a body cavity.
(d) Stops bleeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
2. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
3. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
4. For how long has Konner wanted to study medicine?
5. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)