|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what did John Williams set records?
(a) Cases handled.
(b) Monthly earnings.
(c) Longest time without sleep.
(d) Malpractice claims.
2. What does asepsis mean?
(a) Without infection.
(b) Preventing infection.
(c) Treating infection.
(d) With infection.
3. What was Konner's status during the anecdote that opens the book?
(b) Med student.
4. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
(a) The patient's mother.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A nurse-anesthesiologist.
(d) The surgeon.
5. What did Mike Colucci do by mistake?
(a) Removed the wrong organ.
(b) Failed to anesthetize the patient property.
(c) Made the incision in the wrong place.
(d) Cut the cystic artery.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long has Konner wanted to study medicine?
2. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
3. What was the nature of the first operation in which Konner participated?
4. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
5. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)