|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
(a) Never call a surgeon.
(b) Learn by experimenting.
(c) Do nothing if you don't know.
(d) Keep doing things that work.
2. How does Konner characterize Freddy Robertson?
3. What does a retractor do?
(a) Stops bleeding.
(b) Applies pressure to a wound.
(c) Holds skin open.
(d) Drains blood from a body cavity.
4. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
(a) By lancing it and draining the blood.
(b) By amputating it.
(c) By compressing the finger.
(d) By sawing off her ring.
5. For how long has Konner wanted to study medicine?
(a) Since middle school.
(b) All his life.
(c) Since high school.
(d) Since college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
2. What was Konner's status during the anecdote that opens the book?
3. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
4. What kind of surgery did Konner watch Dr. Ruskin perform?
5. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)