|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the surgeon order Konner to get rid of because it would be useless?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A stethoscope.
(c) A fountain pen.
(d) A leather medical bag.
2. How did Marty Wentworth and Dr. Carter embarrass themselves in front of their colleagues?
(a) By making the wrong diagnosis of a patient's symptoms.
(b) By refusing to consult with experts about a patient's case.
(c) By taking inflexible opinions in an argument.
(d) By being caught harassing a nurse.
3. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
(a) As dangerous.
(b) As actors in their drama.
(c) As drama queens always stealing the show.
(d) As daredevils taking all the risks.
4. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
(a) Touch the patient.
(b) Talk to the patient.
(c) Read the chart first.
(d) Spend as little time as possible with the patient.
5. What crude behavior does Konner describe from a resident physician?
(a) Snickering at a woman's diagnosis.
(b) Exposing himself to a patient.
(c) Insulting the interns in front of the patients.
(d) Making racist/sexist jokes with the patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
2. How long does Konner say it took for the motorcycle accident victim to recover enough to be transferred to O.R.?
3. What behavior of John Williams' embarrassed Konner?
4. How does Konner characterize surgeons?
5. What was the nature of the first operation in which Konner participated?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)