|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
(a) His day job.
(b) Nightly assignments.
(c) Problems in his personal life.
(d) Trying to do several rotations at once.
2. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
(a) By sawing off her ring.
(b) By amputating it.
(c) By lancing it and draining the blood.
(d) By compressing the finger.
3. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
(a) He was attracted to her.
(b) He had never performed this exam before.
(c) He was sick himself.
(d) He thought she has severe problems.
4. What was Konner's Uncle Bobby's role in Konner's life?
5. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
(a) The Emergency Ward chief.
(c) The surgeon.
(d) The chief of Anesthesiology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the surgeons response when Dr. Ramirez asked Konner to intubate?
2. What is intubation?
3. What crude behavior does Konner describe from a resident physician?
4. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
5. How does Konner characterize the other medical students?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)