|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were in the group of interns seeing patients on rounds?
2. What had Konner been before starting med school?
(a) A Harvard University professor.
(b) An engineer.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A writer.
3. How did Freddy Robertson handle the woman's purple finger?
(a) By sawing off her ring.
(b) By amputating it.
(c) By compressing the finger.
(d) By lancing it and draining the blood.
4. For how long has Konner wanted to study medicine?
(a) Since college.
(b) All his life.
(c) Since high school.
(d) Since middle school.
5. What is intubation?
(a) Placing a tube into a patient's ear.
(b) Placing a tube for intravenous fluids into a patient's arm.
(c) Placing a tube into a patient's bladder.
(d) Placing a breathing tube into a patient's throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
2. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
3. What crude behavior does Konner describe from a resident physician?
4. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
5. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)