|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did interns do after rounds?
(a) Wait for patients to come in.
(b) Start to study.
(c) Write up the rounds.
(d) Begin assignments.
2. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
(a) Fix all their problems.
(b) Leave them in peace.
(c) Talk with them.
(d) Give them pills.
3. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
(a) He is older.
(b) He is younger.
(c) He is the only man.
(d) He is the least prepared.
4. Why did Konner's procedure with the woman with gonorrhea take five times longer than the procedure should have taken?
(a) He tried to heal her emotionally.
(b) He was confused by the woman's symptoms, and it took him longer to rule out certain complications.
(c) He thought the woman's chart had been written up incorrectly.
(d) He was interested in the woman's story, and listened to her talk.
5. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
(a) As a soldier.
(b) As an anthropologist.
(c) As a nurse.
(d) As a pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Konner go at the end of his last shift, when he wanted to reflect on the trauma patients he treated?
2. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
3. How did Dr. Feldstein make an impression on Konner?
4. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
5. What restrictions did Konner have to observe after scrubbing in?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)