|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
(b) Patients' relatives.
2. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
(a) Talk with them.
(b) Fix all their problems.
(c) Give them pills.
(d) Leave them in peace.
3. What had Konner been before starting med school?
(a) A Harvard University professor.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A writer.
(d) An engineer.
4. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
(a) Galen Memorial Hospital.
(b) Beth Israel Hospital.
(c) Kings County Hospital.
(d) Bay State Hospital.
5. What kind of surgery did Konner watch Dr. Ruskin perform?
(a) Spine surgery.
(b) Implant surgery.
(c) Abdominal surgery.
(d) Cataract surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Konner find for the street person who came in with a minor injury?
2. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
3. What was the surgeons response when Dr. Ramirez asked Konner to intubate?
4. What is 'bagging' a patient?
5. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)