|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
(a) Witty and detached.
(b) Aggressive and combative.
(c) Weak and fussy.
(d) Irritable and judgmental.
2. What did the surgeon order Konner to get rid of because it would be useless?
(a) A leather medical bag.
(b) A fountain pen.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A stethoscope.
3. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
(a) He is younger.
(b) He is the least prepared.
(c) He is older.
(d) He is the only man.
4. What did Mike Colucci do by mistake?
(a) Failed to anesthetize the patient property.
(b) Cut the cystic artery.
(c) Made the incision in the wrong place.
(d) Removed the wrong organ.
5. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
(a) As actors in their drama.
(b) As daredevils taking all the risks.
(c) As dangerous.
(d) As drama queens always stealing the show.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Marty Wentworth and Dr. Carter embarrass themselves in front of their colleagues?
2. What was Scott Lucas' role?
3. What did Konner find for the street person who came in with a minor injury?
4. Which is NOT one of the four laws of medicine?
5. What crude behavior does Konner describe from a resident physician?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)