|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Konner's status during the anecdote that opens the book?
(b) Med student.
2. What does asepsis mean?
(a) Without infection.
(b) Treating infection.
(c) Preventing infection.
(d) With infection.
3. Why was Konner distressed by the first part of the National Medical Board Examinations?
(a) He was afraid that he would not get a higher score than his class rival.
(b) He was not confident that he could score above the middle of the class.
(c) He was afraid that he would not pass.
(d) He did not know if he would be able to get a scholarship.
4. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
(a) Technical expertise.
(c) Political connections.
5. What restrictions did Konner have to observe after scrubbing in?
(a) He could not discuss other cases.
(b) He could not leave the surgery ward.
(c) He could not touch anything.
(d) He could not talk to anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize Freddy Robertson?
2. What was Freddy Robertson's role in the procedures that were performed?
3. What did Konner find for the street person who came in with a minor injury?
4. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
5. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)