|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ward Surgery: Crossing the Boundary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
(a) Irritable and judgmental.
(b) Weak and fussy.
(c) Witty and detached.
(d) Aggressive and combative.
2. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
(a) He is older.
(b) He is the only man.
(c) He is the least prepared.
(d) He is younger.
3. Where did Konner go at the end of his last shift, when he wanted to reflect on the trauma patients he treated?
(b) The chapel.
(c) The bar.
(d) For a walk with another intern.
4. What restrictions did Konner have to observe after scrubbing in?
(a) He could not talk to anyone.
(b) He could not leave the surgery ward.
(c) He could not discuss other cases.
(d) He could not touch anything.
5. What is 'bagging' a patient?
(a) Putting a deceased patient in a body bag.
(b) Giving a bag to a nauseous patient.
(c) Covering a patient's head so they cannot see surgery.
(d) Breathing for them with a rubber bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Konner convinced of, after Mike's mistake?
2. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
3. At what age did Konner begin his first rotation?
4. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
5. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)