|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Obstetrics: The Anatomical Volcano.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
(a) One-on-one tutorials.
(b) Small hospital groups.
(c) Large hospital groups.
(d) By shadowing individual doctors.
2. What does Konner say is typical of brain disease?
(c) Suicidal thoughts.
(d) Identity loss.
3. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
(b) The Emergency Ward chief.
(c) The surgeon.
(d) The chief of Anesthesiology.
4. What does Konner say is the typical method of childbirth in the U.S.?
(a) Fully-conscious, without drugs.
(b) Heavily sedated.
(c) Full-conscious with pain drugs.
5. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
(a) Witty and detached.
(b) Weak and fussy.
(c) Aggressive and combative.
(d) Irritable and judgmental.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the other medical students?
2. What feelings in the doctors does Konner say he understood after spending time with long-term incurable patients?
3. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
4. What had Dr. Suskauer been before becoming the head of obstetrics?
5. What does asepsis mean?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)