|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Obstetrics: The Anatomical Volcano.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dr. Brennan take from Gerald Edwards' body during surgery?
(a) An abscess.
(b) A bullet.
(c) A paper clip.
(d) A tumor.
2. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(b) Car accidents.
(c) Severe illnesses.
(d) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
3. What rule prevented Konner from attending as many births as possible?
(a) An increasing focus on providing birthing mothers with privacy and familiar doctors.
(b) The development of private birthing centers.
(c) Medical students were prevented from late stage deliveries.
(d) The hospital was not well equipped for obstetrics, and patients went elsewhere.
4. What is intubation?
(a) Placing a tube into a patient's ear.
(b) Placing a breathing tube into a patient's throat.
(c) Placing a tube for intravenous fluids into a patient's arm.
(d) Placing a tube into a patient's bladder.
5. How does Konner characterize his work with Dr. Haley?
(a) He felt like a fraud.
(b) He felt like a beginner.
(c) He felt like he didn't know anything.
(d) He felt like a doctor of equal stature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize obstetrics?
2. What decision does Konner reaffirm during his visit with family?
3. What did Konner deliver twice, in his first week?
4. How does Konner characterize surgeons' personalities?
5. Who does Konner say had a right not to be touched by medical students?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)