|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Obstetrics: The Anatomical Volcano.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
(a) Aggressive and combative.
(b) Weak and fussy.
(c) Irritable and judgmental.
(d) Witty and detached.
2. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
(a) His day job.
(b) Nightly assignments.
(c) Problems in his personal life.
(d) Trying to do several rotations at once.
3. What distinguished Peter Byron's patient care?
(a) He was gentle and non-disruptive.
(b) He was brusque and aloof.
(c) He was incompetent and his heavy drinking obscured his medicine.
(d) He went out of his way to take care of his patients and their families.
4. What difficulty did patient Edwards have as a result of surgery?
(a) Motor skills.
5. What did the article Konner find in his last week of surgery argue?
(a) Pharmaceutical companies were paying doctors to perform unsafe procedures.
(b) America's standard of care was lower than most industrial nations'.
(c) Science came before patients in medical schools.
(d) Malpractice insurance was raising the cost of everyone's care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does asepsis mean?
2. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
3. What part of child birth didn't Konner like?
4. What did Konner think was unrealistic about the doctor he saw on TV?
5. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)