|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Obstetrics: The Anatomical Volcano.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
(a) Down syndrome.
(d) Aspergers syndrome.
2. What did Konner think was unrealistic about the doctor he saw on TV?
(a) He got away with gross incompetence.
(b) He cared about his patients.
(c) He was relentless in his pursuit of nurses.
(d) He had no life outside the hospital.
3. What rule prevented Konner from attending as many births as possible?
(a) The development of private birthing centers.
(b) Medical students were prevented from late stage deliveries.
(c) An increasing focus on providing birthing mothers with privacy and familiar doctors.
(d) The hospital was not well equipped for obstetrics, and patients went elsewhere.
4. What was the surgeons response when Dr. Ramirez asked Konner to intubate?
(a) He wanted Ramirez to intubate.
(b) He did it himself.
(c) He showed Konner how to do it.
(d) He criticized Ramirez' technique.
5. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(b) Severe illnesses.
(c) Car accidents.
(d) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize surgeons' personalities?
2. What distinguished Peter Byron's patient care?
3. What part of child birth didn't Konner like?
4. How does Konner characterize his teachers in the basic clinical skills classes?
5. What luxury did Konner's relationship with Dr. Haley allow him?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)