|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Obstetrics: The Anatomical Volcano.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Konner reaffirm during his visit with family?
(a) To publish an anthropological piece on his time in med school.
(b) To write an expose about his time in med school.
(c) Not to practice medicine.
(d) Not to be a surgeon.
2. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Severe illnesses.
(c) Car accidents.
(d) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
3. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
(a) As an anthropologist.
(b) As a pilot.
(c) As a soldier.
(d) As a nurse.
4. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
(a) By shadowing individual doctors.
(b) One-on-one tutorials.
(c) Large hospital groups.
(d) Small hospital groups.
5. What luxury did Konner's relationship with Dr. Haley allow him?
(a) He could diagnose patients by himself.
(b) He could make more money.
(c) He could rely on Dr. Haley when he was uncertain.
(d) He could take more time off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Dr. Suskauer been before becoming the head of obstetrics?
2. What was the result when Konner broke one of the rules about which patients he could help?
3. What are newborn babies assessed for?
4. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
5. What rule prevented Konner from attending as many births as possible?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)