|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Obstetrics: The Anatomical Volcano.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinguished Peter Byron's patient care?
(a) He was incompetent and his heavy drinking obscured his medicine.
(b) He went out of his way to take care of his patients and their families.
(c) He was gentle and non-disruptive.
(d) He was brusque and aloof.
2. How does Konner characterize surgeons' personalities?
3. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Car accidents.
(b) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
(d) Severe illnesses.
4. How does Konner compare to the other students in his cohort?
(a) He is older.
(b) He is the only man.
(c) He is the least prepared.
(d) He is younger.
5. Who does Konner say benefits from drugs for childhood hyperactivity?
(a) Drug companies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of surgery did Konner watch Dr. Ruskin perform?
2. What are newborn babies assessed for?
3. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
4. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
5. What rule prevented Konner from attending as many births as possible?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)