|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Obstetrics: The Anatomical Volcano.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did pediatrics appeal to Konner?
(a) Children had an easier time regaining their health after illness.
(b) It let him laugh more.
(c) It gave him more room to be aloof and scientific in his observations.
(d) It resembled his research on African children.
2. What does asepsis mean?
(a) Without infection.
(b) Preventing infection.
(c) Treating infection.
(d) With infection.
3. What rule prevented Konner from attending as many births as possible?
(a) The hospital was not well equipped for obstetrics, and patients went elsewhere.
(b) The development of private birthing centers.
(c) Medical students were prevented from late stage deliveries.
(d) An increasing focus on providing birthing mothers with privacy and familiar doctors.
4. What are newborn babies assessed for?
(a) Economic viability of the parents.
(b) Racial characteristics.
(c) Signs of abuse.
5. What was the result when Konner broke one of the rules about which patients he could help?
(a) He was reprimanded by the hospital.
(b) He caused unnecessary complications.
(c) He was appreciated.
(d) He was sanctioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
2. What kind of surgery did Konner watch Dr. Ruskin perform?
3. What difficulty did patient Edwards have as a result of surgery?
4. What luxury did Konner's relationship with Dr. Haley allow him?
5. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)