|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Obstetrics: The Anatomical Volcano.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
(b) The surgeon.
(c) The Emergency Ward chief.
(d) The chief of Anesthesiology.
2. What specialty does Konner decide to follow?
(d) Medical psychiatry.
3. What luxury did Konner's relationship with Dr. Haley allow him?
(a) He could rely on Dr. Haley when he was uncertain.
(b) He could diagnose patients by himself.
(c) He could take more time off.
(d) He could make more money.
4. What did the article Konner find in his last week of surgery argue?
(a) Pharmaceutical companies were paying doctors to perform unsafe procedures.
(b) America's standard of care was lower than most industrial nations'.
(c) Malpractice insurance was raising the cost of everyone's care.
(d) Science came before patients in medical schools.
5. How does Konner characterize surgeons' personalities?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Konner deliver twice, in his first week?
2. What part of child birth didn't Konner like?
3. Who did students meet with during initial basic clinical skills class?
4. What did patient Edwards regain after surgery?
5. What does Konner say is the typical method of childbirth in the U.S.?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)