|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Obstetrics: The Anatomical Volcano.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
(a) The surgeon.
(b) The Emergency Ward chief.
(d) The chief of Anesthesiology.
2. What does Konner say he believes about obstetrics?
(a) It should be focused on preventative health and health maintenance.
(b) It should be run by scientists.
(c) It should be practiced by women.
(d) A woman's reproductive system should be allowed to run its course without interference.
3. What was the diagnosis for patient Edie?
(b) Early-onset Alzheimers.
(c) Brain cancer.
(d) Traumatic brain injury.
4. What did the article Konner find in his last week of surgery argue?
(a) Science came before patients in medical schools.
(b) Malpractice insurance was raising the cost of everyone's care.
(c) Pharmaceutical companies were paying doctors to perform unsafe procedures.
(d) America's standard of care was lower than most industrial nations'.
5. What specialty does Konner decide to follow?
(c) Medical psychiatry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
2. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
3. What part of child birth didn't Konner like?
4. What feelings in the doctors does Konner say he understood after spending time with long-term incurable patients?
5. What kind of surgery did Konner watch Dr. Ruskin perform?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)