|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Obstetrics: The Anatomical Volcano.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did patient Edwards regain after surgery?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His memory.
(c) His coordination.
(d) His identity.
2. What is the immigrant neurosurgeon's rule, when Konner makes rounds with him?
(a) Touch the patient.
(b) Spend as little time as possible with the patient.
(c) Talk to the patient.
(d) Read the chart first.
3. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Playing golf.
4. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brennan's medical skills?
(a) He says that he was so friendly that his medical procedures seemed more successful than they were.
(b) He says that he was aloof and defensive, and made a lot of mistakes.
(c) He says that he could not recognize what was staring him in the face.
(d) He says that he saw beyond the CAT scans.
5. What are newborn babies assessed for?
(b) Signs of abuse.
(c) Economic viability of the parents.
(d) Racial characteristics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does asepsis mean?
2. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
3. How does Konner characterize obstetrics?
4. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
5. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)