|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Obstetrics: The Anatomical Volcano.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the other medical students?
2. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Car accidents.
(c) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
(d) Severe illnesses.
3. How does Konner characterize his work with Dr. Haley?
(a) He felt like he didn't know anything.
(b) He felt like a fraud.
(c) He felt like a doctor of equal stature.
(d) He felt like a beginner.
4. What is 'bagging' a patient?
(a) Putting a deceased patient in a body bag.
(b) Breathing for them with a rubber bag.
(c) Covering a patient's head so they cannot see surgery.
(d) Giving a bag to a nauseous patient.
5. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
(a) The chief of Anesthesiology.
(c) The Emergency Ward chief.
(d) The surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are newborn babies assessed for?
2. What decision does Konner reaffirm during his visit with family?
3. How does Konner characterize his teachers in the basic clinical skills classes?
4. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
5. How does Konner characterize Dr. Ringler?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)