|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Obstetrics: The Anatomical Volcano.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner characterize his teachers in the basic clinical skills classes?
(a) The best teachers he had.
(b) The least interesting teachers he ever had.
(c) The least successful teachers he ever had.
(d) The most impersonal teachers he had.
2. How does Konner characterize obstetrics?
(a) A nervous situation of waiting to see whether a birth will even require medical care.
(b) An emergency situation that usually has a good outcome.
(c) An artificial intrusion of Western medicine into human life.
(d) A horrifying spectacle of women in intense pain.
3. What was the result when Konner broke one of the rules about which patients he could help?
(a) He was reprimanded by the hospital.
(b) He caused unnecessary complications.
(c) He was sanctioned.
(d) He was appreciated.
4. What is intubation?
(a) Placing a tube for intravenous fluids into a patient's arm.
(b) Placing a tube into a patient's ear.
(c) Placing a tube into a patient's bladder.
(d) Placing a breathing tube into a patient's throat.
5. What are newborn babies assessed for?
(a) Economic viability of the parents.
(b) Signs of abuse.
(c) Racial characteristics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the article Konner find in his last week of surgery argue?
2. What was the diagnosis for patient Edie?
3. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
4. What does asepsis mean?
5. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)