|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Obstetrics: The Anatomical Volcano.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
(c) Aspergers syndrome.
(d) Down syndrome.
2. How does Konner characterize obstetrics?
(a) An artificial intrusion of Western medicine into human life.
(b) An emergency situation that usually has a good outcome.
(c) A horrifying spectacle of women in intense pain.
(d) A nervous situation of waiting to see whether a birth will even require medical care.
3. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
(a) Political connections.
(c) Technical expertise.
4. What was the surgeons response when Dr. Ramirez asked Konner to intubate?
(a) He showed Konner how to do it.
(b) He did it himself.
(c) He wanted Ramirez to intubate.
(d) He criticized Ramirez' technique.
5. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Car accidents.
(b) Severe illnesses.
(d) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguished Peter Byron's patient care?
2. What does Konner say is the typical method of childbirth in the U.S.?
3. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
4. What did patient Francis Giannetti discover when he came into the hospital with leg cramps from jogging?
5. What does Konner say he tried to hide from the woman on whom he had to perform a neurological exam?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)