|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Obstetrics: The Anatomical Volcano.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner wonder at, during one of his deliveries?
(a) Women can survive the pain of labor.
(b) Babies can survive compression to pass through the birth canal.
(c) Hospitals are even required for child birth.
(d) So many American women were routinely anaesthetized during birth.
2. What are newborn babies assessed for?
(a) Signs of abuse.
(b) Racial characteristics.
(d) Economic viability of the parents.
3. What difficulty did patient Edwards have as a result of surgery?
(b) Motor skills.
4. What had Dr. Suskauer been before becoming the head of obstetrics?
(a) A writer.
(b) An accountant.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A teacher.
5. What rule prevented Konner from attending as many births as possible?
(a) An increasing focus on providing birthing mothers with privacy and familiar doctors.
(b) Medical students were prevented from late stage deliveries.
(c) The development of private birthing centers.
(d) The hospital was not well equipped for obstetrics, and patients went elsewhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Konner say benefits from drugs for childhood hyperactivity?
2. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
3. How does Konner characterize obstetrics?
4. What does Konner say the younger students do not have, which older students do?
5. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)