|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Obstetrics: The Anatomical Volcano.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of experiences prevent medical students from looking forward to initial encounters with patients?
(a) Prior experience as a nurse or volunteer.
(b) Car accidents.
(d) Severe illnesses.
2. What luxury did Konner's relationship with Dr. Haley allow him?
(a) He could take more time off.
(b) He could diagnose patients by himself.
(c) He could rely on Dr. Haley when he was uncertain.
(d) He could make more money.
3. How long a break does Konner get at Christmas?
(a) Three days.
(b) A week.
(c) One day.
(d) Two weeks.
4. Where do first-year medical students' clinical experiences take place?
(a) Large hospital groups.
(b) Small hospital groups.
(c) One-on-one tutorials.
(d) By shadowing individual doctors.
5. What is intubation?
(a) Placing a breathing tube into a patient's throat.
(b) Placing a tube into a patient's bladder.
(c) Placing a tube for intravenous fluids into a patient's arm.
(d) Placing a tube into a patient's ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Konner's experience in Africa?
2. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
3. Who does Konner say benefits from drugs for childhood hyperactivity?
4. What does Konner say patients almost always want doctors to do?
5. How does Konner characterize his teachers in the basic clinical skills classes?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)