|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine I: A Failure of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insight did Konner get over his break?
(a) He traveled, and knew what it was like to be out of his element.
(b) His father was sick, and he saw the hospital through his eyes.
(c) He was sick, and saw illness from the patient's perspective.
(d) He had heartburn, and saw that drugs fixed it immediately.
2. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
(a) As dangerous.
(b) As daredevils taking all the risks.
(c) As actors in their drama.
(d) As drama queens always stealing the show.
3. What is 'bagging' a patient?
(a) Breathing for them with a rubber bag.
(b) Giving a bag to a nauseous patient.
(c) Covering a patient's head so they cannot see surgery.
(d) Putting a deceased patient in a body bag.
4. What specialty does Konner decide to follow?
(a) Medical psychiatry.
5. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
(a) Weak and fussy.
(b) Aggressive and combative.
(c) Irritable and judgmental.
(d) Witty and detached.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does asepsis mean?
2. Who does Konner say benefits from drugs for childhood hyperactivity?
3. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
4. How does Konner say Dr. Greenspan was embroiled in a controversy?
5. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)