|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine I: A Failure of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner say Dr. Greenspan was embroiled in a controversy?
(a) He pursued a staff member.
(b) He published others' work.
(c) He faked some research results.
(d) He defended a subordinate.
2. What strategy did Dr. Greenspan advocate for learning medicine?
(a) Taking a case by case approach.
(b) A community of experts sharing diagnoses approach.
(c) An exhaustive encyclopedic approach.
(d) A trial and error approach.
3. What decision does Konner reaffirm during his visit with family?
(a) Not to practice medicine.
(b) To publish an anthropological piece on his time in med school.
(c) Not to be a surgeon.
(d) To write an expose about his time in med school.
4. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
(a) Bureaucratic confusion.
(b) She had not had it properly notarized.
(c) It was not included in her chart.
(d) Dr. Brass countermanded it.
5. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Playing golf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
2. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
3. How does Konner characterize Dr. Ringler?
4. Who does Konner say benefits from drugs for childhood hyperactivity?
5. What had Petey begun to do at age seventeen?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)