|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine I: A Failure of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is intubation?
(a) Placing a tube into a patient's bladder.
(b) Placing a tube into a patient's ear.
(c) Placing a breathing tube into a patient's throat.
(d) Placing a tube for intravenous fluids into a patient's arm.
2. How does Konner characterize his work with Dr. Haley?
(a) He felt like a fraud.
(b) He felt like a beginner.
(c) He felt like a doctor of equal stature.
(d) He felt like he didn't know anything.
3. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
(a) Witty and detached.
(b) Irritable and judgmental.
(c) Weak and fussy.
(d) Aggressive and combative.
4. How many hours a week did Konner work with Dr. Brass and the others on his rotation?
5. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
(a) The patient should not have been operated on.
(b) The surgeon made mistakes even he could recognize.
(c) The procedure was merely cosmetic.
(d) It could have been finished much sooner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of surgery did Konner watch Dr. Ruskin perform?
2. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
3. What was the surgeons response when Dr. Ramirez asked Konner to intubate?
4. Why did pediatrics appeal to Konner?
5. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)