|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine I: A Failure of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did pediatrics appeal to Konner?
(a) It let him laugh more.
(b) Children had an easier time regaining their health after illness.
(c) It gave him more room to be aloof and scientific in his observations.
(d) It resembled his research on African children.
2. What does asepsis mean?
(a) Treating infection.
(b) Preventing infection.
(c) With infection.
(d) Without infection.
3. Who does Konner say benefits from drugs for childhood hyperactivity?
(b) Drug companies.
4. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
(a) The surgeon.
(c) The chief of Anesthesiology.
(d) The Emergency Ward chief.
5. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
(a) Aggressive and combative.
(b) Weak and fussy.
(c) Irritable and judgmental.
(d) Witty and detached.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
2. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
3. How does Konner characterize Dr. Brass?
4. What gave Konner an emotional boost during his rotation with Dr. Brass?
5. In whose eye did Konner see a compassionate tear?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)