|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine I: A Failure of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
(a) As actors in their drama.
(b) As dangerous.
(c) As daredevils taking all the risks.
(d) As drama queens always stealing the show.
2. What insight did Konner get over his break?
(a) He had heartburn, and saw that drugs fixed it immediately.
(b) His father was sick, and he saw the hospital through his eyes.
(c) He was sick, and saw illness from the patient's perspective.
(d) He traveled, and knew what it was like to be out of his element.
3. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
(a) Playing golf.
(b) Chopping wood.
4. What does asepsis mean?
(a) With infection.
(b) Preventing infection.
(c) Without infection.
(d) Treating infection.
5. What is 'bagging' a patient?
(a) Breathing for them with a rubber bag.
(b) Putting a deceased patient in a body bag.
(c) Giving a bag to a nauseous patient.
(d) Covering a patient's head so they cannot see surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
2. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
3. What luxury did Konner's relationship with Dr. Haley allow him?
4. What was the surgeons response when Dr. Ramirez asked Konner to intubate?
5. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)