|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine I: A Failure of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave the order to have Geraldine intubated?
(a) The hospital lawyers.
(b) The ER physician.
(c) The nursing home physician.
(d) The EMTs.
2. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
(a) A nurse-anesthesiologist.
(b) A nurse.
(c) The surgeon.
(d) The patient's mother.
3. What does Konner say Dr. Brass criticized him for?
(a) Making a patient more comfortable.
(b) Talking with a patient.
(c) Cleaning up after a patient.
(d) Explaining the doctors' decisions to a patient.
4. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
(a) Aspergers syndrome.
(d) Down syndrome.
5. What does asepsis mean?
(a) Treating infection.
(b) Preventing infection.
(c) With infection.
(d) Without infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
2. What is intubation?
3. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
4. What was the surgeons response when Dr. Ramirez asked Konner to intubate?
5. In whose eye did Konner see a compassionate tear?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)