|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine I: A Failure of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long a break does Konner get at Christmas?
(a) A week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) One day.
2. What specialty does Konner decide to follow?
(a) Medical psychiatry.
3. What insight did Konner get over his break?
(a) His father was sick, and he saw the hospital through his eyes.
(b) He had heartburn, and saw that drugs fixed it immediately.
(c) He traveled, and knew what it was like to be out of his element.
(d) He was sick, and saw illness from the patient's perspective.
4. In whose eye did Konner see a compassionate tear?
(a) A nurse's.
(b) An intern's.
(c) A patient's.
(d) A physician's.
5. How does Konner characterize surgeons' personalities?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
2. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
3. What had Petey begun to do at age seventeen?
4. What does asepsis mean?
5. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)