|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine I: A Failure of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
(a) Bureaucratic confusion.
(b) It was not included in her chart.
(c) Dr. Brass countermanded it.
(d) She had not had it properly notarized.
2. In whose eye did Konner see a compassionate tear?
(a) A nurse's.
(b) A patient's.
(c) A physician's.
(d) An intern's.
3. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
(a) A nurse-anesthesiologist.
(b) A nurse.
(c) The patient's mother.
(d) The surgeon.
4. What decision does Konner reaffirm during his visit with family?
(a) To publish an anthropological piece on his time in med school.
(b) Not to practice medicine.
(c) Not to be a surgeon.
(d) To write an expose about his time in med school.
5. Who does Konner say benefits from drugs for childhood hyperactivity?
(b) Drug companies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
2. How does Konner say Dr. Greenspan was embroiled in a controversy?
3. What is 'bagging' a patient?
4. How many hours a week did Konner work with Dr. Brass and the others on his rotation?
5. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)