|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine I: A Failure of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Konner characterize surgeons' personalities?
2. What kind of surgery did Konner watch Dr. Ruskin perform?
(a) Implant surgery.
(b) Cataract surgery.
(c) Spine surgery.
(d) Abdominal surgery.
3. How does Konner characterize his work with Dr. Haley?
(a) He felt like a fraud.
(b) He felt like a beginner.
(c) He felt like he didn't know anything.
(d) He felt like a doctor of equal stature.
4. How long a break does Konner get at Christmas?
(a) A week.
(b) Three days.
(c) One day.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What had Petey begun to do at age seventeen?
(a) Attempt suicide.
(b) Regress to childhood.
(c) Assault people.
(d) Use street drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does asepsis mean?
2. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
3. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
4. What gave Konner an emotional boost during his rotation with Dr. Brass?
5. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)