|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine I: A Failure of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
(a) Problems in his personal life.
(b) Nightly assignments.
(c) Trying to do several rotations at once.
(d) His day job.
2. What is 'bagging' a patient?
(a) Giving a bag to a nauseous patient.
(b) Putting a deceased patient in a body bag.
(c) Covering a patient's head so they cannot see surgery.
(d) Breathing for them with a rubber bag.
3. What is intubation?
(a) Placing a tube for intravenous fluids into a patient's arm.
(b) Placing a tube into a patient's ear.
(c) Placing a tube into a patient's bladder.
(d) Placing a breathing tube into a patient's throat.
4. How does Konner characterize Dr. Ringler?
(a) Sensitive and much loved.
5. How does Konner say Dr. Brass reacted to his work?
(a) She ignored it.
(b) She corrected it.
(c) She praised it.
(d) She nit-picked it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Petey begun to do at age seventeen?
2. What gave Konner an emotional boost during his rotation with Dr. Brass?
3. What specialty does Konner decide to follow?
4. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
5. What luxury did Konner's relationship with Dr. Haley allow him?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)