|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine I: A Failure of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does asepsis mean?
(a) With infection.
(b) Treating infection.
(c) Preventing infection.
(d) Without infection.
2. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
(a) It could have been finished much sooner.
(b) The patient should not have been operated on.
(c) The surgeon made mistakes even he could recognize.
(d) The procedure was merely cosmetic.
3. What kind of surgery did Konner watch Dr. Ruskin perform?
(a) Spine surgery.
(b) Abdominal surgery.
(c) Implant surgery.
(d) Cataract surgery.
4. What luxury did Konner's relationship with Dr. Haley allow him?
(a) He could diagnose patients by himself.
(b) He could take more time off.
(c) He could make more money.
(d) He could rely on Dr. Haley when he was uncertain.
5. What had Petey begun to do at age seventeen?
(a) Assault people.
(b) Regress to childhood.
(c) Attempt suicide.
(d) Use street drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
2. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
3. In whose eye did Konner see a compassionate tear?
4. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
5. What strategy did Dr. Greenspan advocate for learning medicine?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)