|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine I: A Failure of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What luxury did Konner's relationship with Dr. Haley allow him?
(a) He could diagnose patients by himself.
(b) He could rely on Dr. Haley when he was uncertain.
(c) He could take more time off.
(d) He could make more money.
2. In whose eye did Konner see a compassionate tear?
(a) An intern's.
(b) A patient's.
(c) A physician's.
(d) A nurse's.
3. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
(a) The procedure was merely cosmetic.
(b) It could have been finished much sooner.
(c) The surgeon made mistakes even he could recognize.
(d) The patient should not have been operated on.
4. What was the surgeons response when Dr. Ramirez asked Konner to intubate?
(a) He did it himself.
(b) He showed Konner how to do it.
(c) He wanted Ramirez to intubate.
(d) He criticized Ramirez' technique.
5. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
(a) A nurse-anesthesiologist.
(b) A nurse.
(c) The patient's mother.
(d) The surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Konner say Dr. Brass criticized him for?
2. What decision does Konner reaffirm during his visit with family?
3. What is intubation?
4. What was Dr. Brass' reaction when Konner talked to her about her management style?
5. How does Konner say anesthesiologists view surgeons?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)