|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine I: A Failure of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dr. Brass' reaction when Konner talked to her about her management style?
(a) She apologized.
(b) She berated him.
(c) She kept him awake.
(d) She saw his point of view.
2. Who gave the order to have Geraldine intubated?
(a) The EMTs.
(b) The hospital lawyers.
(c) The ER physician.
(d) The nursing home physician.
3. What strategy did Dr. Greenspan advocate for learning medicine?
(a) An exhaustive encyclopedic approach.
(b) Taking a case by case approach.
(c) A trial and error approach.
(d) A community of experts sharing diagnoses approach.
4. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
(a) The procedure was merely cosmetic.
(b) It could have been finished much sooner.
(c) The surgeon made mistakes even he could recognize.
(d) The patient should not have been operated on.
5. What decision does Konner reaffirm during his visit with family?
(a) To publish an anthropological piece on his time in med school.
(b) Not to be a surgeon.
(c) Not to practice medicine.
(d) To write an expose about his time in med school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave Konner an emotional boost during his rotation with Dr. Brass?
2. Who confirmed the nurse-anesthesiologist's concern that a patient not be released immediately after surgery?
3. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
4. What specialty does Konner decide to follow?
5. In whose eye did Konner see a compassionate tear?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)