|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine I: A Failure of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What criticism does Konner make of the surgery that went on for three hours?
(a) The surgeon made mistakes even he could recognize.
(b) It could have been finished much sooner.
(c) The procedure was merely cosmetic.
(d) The patient should not have been operated on.
2. What luxury did Konner's relationship with Dr. Haley allow him?
(a) He could take more time off.
(b) He could make more money.
(c) He could rely on Dr. Haley when he was uncertain.
(d) He could diagnose patients by himself.
3. What does Konner say Dr. Brass criticized him for?
(a) Talking with a patient.
(b) Cleaning up after a patient.
(c) Explaining the doctors' decisions to a patient.
(d) Making a patient more comfortable.
4. What does asepsis mean?
(a) Without infection.
(b) Preventing infection.
(c) With infection.
(d) Treating infection.
5. What was Dr. Brass' reaction when Konner talked to her about her management style?
(a) She apologized.
(b) She kept him awake.
(c) She saw his point of view.
(d) She berated him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was patient Geraldine's DNR order ignored?
2. How does Konner characterize his work with Dr. Haley?
3. What is intubation?
4. What decision does Konner reaffirm during his visit with family?
5. How many hours a week did Konner work with Dr. Brass and the others on his rotation?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)