|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medicine I: A Failure of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gave Konner an emotional boost during his rotation with Dr. Brass?
(a) Getting a National Book Award.
(b) Selling his book proposal for 'Becoming a Doctor'.
(c) Being called into a friend's birth.
(d) Getting a good evaluation.
2. What does Konner say Dr. Brass criticized him for?
(a) Cleaning up after a patient.
(b) Talking with a patient.
(c) Making a patient more comfortable.
(d) Explaining the doctors' decisions to a patient.
3. How does Konner characterize the anesthesiologist?
(a) Weak and fussy.
(b) Irritable and judgmental.
(c) Witty and detached.
(d) Aggressive and combative.
4. Who took over the anesthesiology after Dr. Ramirez was finished bagging and intubating a patient?
(a) A nurse-anesthesiologist.
(b) The surgeon.
(c) A nurse.
(d) The patient's mother.
5. In whose eye did Konner see a compassionate tear?
(a) A physician's.
(b) An intern's.
(c) A patient's.
(d) A nurse's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What luxury did Konner's relationship with Dr. Haley allow him?
2. What does Konner say was keeping him tired?
3. What does Konner say Dr. Ruskin bragged about having spent the weekend doing?
4. How many hours a week did Konner work with Dr. Brass and the others on his rotation?
5. What was patient Petey's diagnosis?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)