1. When was 'Becoming a Doctor' published?
2. Where was Melvin Konner a medical student?
(a) Beth Israel Hospital.
(b) Bay State Hospital.
(c) Galen Memorial Hospital.
(d) Kings County Hospital.
3. What was Konner's status during the anecdote that opens the book?
(a) Med student.
4. What had happened to the woman who was rolled into the ER?
(b) Drug overdose.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Pregnancy complications.
5. What was Freddy Robertson's role in the procedures that were performed?
(a) Holding the woman down.
(b) Testing her blood type.
(c) Inserting an IV.
(d) Directing traffic.
6. What was Scott Lucas' role?
(a) To get the woman's clothes off.
(b) To reinflate the woman's lung.
(c) To take blood.
(d) To test the woman's blood type.
7. Where was the woman on the stretcher sent after Konner and his colleagues saw her in ER?
(a) An intensive care unit.
(b) Back home.
(c) An operating room.
(d) To the morgue.
8. What medical term does Konner use to describe his book?
(a) An orchid in the attic.
(b) A missed heartbeat.
(c) A compensatory pause.
(d) A radical treatment.
This section contains 4,666 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)