|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Amanda say about the Littmus lozenge when she tasted it?
2. What did Otis bring to the party?
3. Why doesn't Miss Franny allow Amanda to take over when she comes into the library?
4. What is Otis doing when Opal returns to the house?
5. How does Opal think Otis will feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Opal react to finding Winn-Dixie and what actions does she take?
2. What idea does chapter 2 of Gone with the Wind give Opal?
3. What was the name of the candy Littmus invented and what was it famous for?
4. What is the most important thing that Opal tells the ghost tree?
5. How do Gloria and Opal spend the day of the party?
6. What does Gloria say the Littmus Lozenge she is given reminds her of?
7. What did Opal ask Gloria about Otis and what does Gloria do?
8. When Miss Franny's great-grandfather was 14 what did he do?
9. How did Littmus feel about his time as a soldier?
10. Where does Opal go when the sky clears and what does she do there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Opal's mother left her father? On what evidence are you basing this conclusion? Do you think her mother's leaving was a good thing or a bad thing? Why?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does the author interweave the them of loneliness throughout the novel? Are there any characters who do not seem to be lonely? If so, who, if not why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is the phrase appearances can be deceiving accurate in this novel? In what ways is it not accurate?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)