|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the preacher do after Opal shares things that she has been thinking for a long time?
2. Which character suggests that everyone move inside?
3. What doesn't Otis want to have to do at the party?
4. Which of the following characters does Opal have trouble finding during the storm?
5. What does Opal accuse the Preacher of doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Opal and the preacher went to search for Winn-Dixie?
2. What does Miss Franny suffer from and what does it remind Opal of?
3. What did Littmus do when he arrived home from the war and then what did he have a yearning for?
4. How do Gloria and Opal spend the day of the party?
5. What happens immediately after the preacher gives the blessing that causes chaos throughout the party?
6. What did Otis do that led the police officers to arrest him and what did he do when they tried to arrest him?
7. How does the reader feel about Otis once they learn why he was arrested?
8. Where does Opal go when the sky clears and what does she do there?
9. How does Opal try to keep all of Gloria's ghosts away?
10. How does the group at the party come to know that Otis has arrived?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the statement judgment without knowledge can lead one astray is reflected within this novel. Include specific examples from the text and then add personal connections you have experienced with this statement.
Essay Topic 2
Why might a reader have empathy for the character Gloria? What ways is Gloria unique? Does Gloria help Opal heal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How do you think the character of Opal will do in her new home town? Why do you believe this is the case? What about her father, how do you think he will do now?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)