|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Opal think about Amanda Wilkinson?
2. What do Opal and the Preacher learn that Winn-Dixie is afraid of?
3. What does Winn-Dixie do when the Preacher calls him?
4. What does Winn-Dixie do to the mouse to keep it from escaping?
5. In what way was Opal's mother's appearance just like Opal's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the bear when Franny threw War and Peace at him?
2. What did Opal ask Otis if she could do to pay for the collar and leash?
3. What does it appear the dog is doing when he goes back over to the grocery store manager?
4. What happens when Opal and Winn-Dixie finish up at the pet store?
5. How does Opal feel about the move to Naomi, Florida with her father?
6. What does Opal call her father and what is his new job in Florida?
7. What did Opal learn about her mother that caused fights between her mother and her father?
8. What happens to Winn-Dixie when Otis plays his music in front of him?
9. Where is Opal's favorite place to go and how does it seem that Winn-Dixie knows when they are there?
10. What happened to Opal's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think the children called Gloria a witch? Think of another character in another story who Gloria reminds you of and write how the two are the same.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Opal begin to feel needed and to have a reason for living as the book progresses? How does this change her character?
Essay Topic 3
How does the lozenge relate to the main themes of this story? Do you believe the book would be as good had the lozenge been eliminated? Why or why not?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)