|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gloria suggest she and Opal do together?
2. Where does Winn-Dixie go during the time the Preacher is telling Opal about her mother?
3. How many staff members are there running the library?
4. What happens when the Preacher sees the ugly, matted and smelly dog that Opal brought home?
5. In which two ways was Opal able to improve Winn-Dixie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Write a description of the church that Opal's father preaches at.
2. What does Miss Franny spend all of her time doing and how could she be characterized?
3. What does it appear the dog is doing when he goes back over to the grocery store manager?
4. What does Winn-Dixie do in Opal's home while he is upset about the thunderstorms?
5. What does Opal call her father and what is his new job in Florida?
6. What does Opal's father share that her mother did not like about his profession?
7. What happens when Opal's father sends her to the store to get groceries for the two of them?
8. What does the dog do when he sees Opal and how does he do it?
9. What does Opal do on the walk back to her home with Winn-Dixie?
10. How does Opal feel about the move to Naomi, Florida with her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is the phrase appearances can be deceiving accurate in this novel? In what ways is it not accurate?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the statement judgment without knowledge can lead one astray is reflected within this novel. Include specific examples from the text and then add personal connections you have experienced with this statement.
Essay Topic 3
In what way does the author interweave the them of loneliness throughout the novel? Are there any characters who do not seem to be lonely? If so, who, if not why not?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)