|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Opal go to Gertrude's Pets?
2. In what way was Opal's mother's appearance just like Opal's?
3. What does Opal think the dog will do for her father?
4. What do Opal and her father do to Winn-Dixie after the storm to help calm him down?
5. What does Opal confess to Winn-Dixie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Opal confess to Winn-Dixie that she and her father have been thinking a lot about?
2. What happened to Opal's mother?
3. What happens when Otis stops playing his music and what does this lead Opal to do?
4. What does Gloria tell Opal about her garden which makes Opal feel very happy?
5. What did Opal ask Otis if she could do to pay for the collar and leash?
6. What wakes Opal up at night and why is she awoken?
7. In what way are Winn-Dixie and Opal alike according to Opal?
8. What did Gloria want to do with Opal and what did she tell Opal it was?
9. What happens when Opal's father sends her to the store to get groceries for the two of them?
10. What did Opal do to help convince Otis to hire her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters does Opal judge on who they are rather than rumor? Which characters does she seem to judge prematurely? What seems to be the difference in how they are treated by her?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the statement judgment without knowledge can lead one astray is reflected within this novel. Include specific examples from the text and then add personal connections you have experienced with this statement.
Essay Topic 3
What are the two stages in which this novel climaxes? What does the reader learn about the preacher during the climax? How do you think Opal feels when she sees that her father is so upset?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)