Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winn-Dixie do whenever he is tied up somewhere?
2. Which of the following seems to be true about Opal's relationship with her father?
3. Which of the following is not true about Opal's mother's sense of humor?
4. What does Opal hear when she walks into the grocery store?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Opal reacts to Gloria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Opal learn about her mother that caused fights between her mother and her father?
2. How does Opal feel about the move to Naomi, Florida with her father?
3. What does Opal call her father and what is his new job in Florida?
4. In what way are Winn-Dixie and Opal alike according to Opal?
5. What happened to the bear when Franny threw War and Peace at him?
6. What did Opal do to help convince Otis to hire her?
7. Why doesn't Otis want to come to the party and how does Opal convince him?
8. What did Otis do that led the police officers to arrest him and what did he do when they tried to arrest him?
9. What happens if Opal or her father leave Winn-Dixie tied up outside of the trailer?
10. What does Gloria tell Opal about her garden which makes Opal feel very happy?
How is the theme of prejudice woven throughout the novel? Which characters seem to demonstrate a form of prejudice at some point throughout the novel? Do they overcome it? How or why not?
How do you think the character of Opal will do in her new home town? Why do you believe this is the case? What about her father, how do you think he will do now?
Describe events in the story that led Winn-Dixie to help relieve a character's loneliness or sadness. Do you believe a pet can relieve someone's loneliness or sadness? Why or why not?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)