|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Opal want to remember everything that has happened to Winn-Dixie and herself?
2. Which of the following is an accurate description of how the Preacher feels about Winn-Dixie after Opal finishes with him?
3. In what season does Opal find Winn-Dixie?
4. What does Gloria suggest she and Opal do together?
5. What did Dunlap and Stevie tell Opal that the witch did to dogs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens if Opal or her father leave Winn-Dixie tied up outside of the trailer?
2. What happens to Winn-Dixie when Otis plays his music in front of him?
3. What does Winn-Dixie do in Opal's home while he is upset about the thunderstorms?
4. What does it appear the dog is doing when he goes back over to the grocery store manager?
5. What does Opal interpret it means when Winn-Dixie stares at her after she makes her confession to him?
6. Where is Opal's favorite place to go and how does it seem that Winn-Dixie knows when they are there?
7. What did Opal ask Otis if she could do to pay for the collar and leash?
8. In what way are Winn-Dixie and Opal alike according to Opal?
9. What does Opal's father share that her mother did not like about his profession?
10. What did Gloria want to do with Opal and what did she tell Opal it was?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the two stages in which this novel climaxes? What does the reader learn about the preacher during the climax? How do you think Opal feels when she sees that her father is so upset?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does the author interweave the them of loneliness throughout the novel? Are there any characters who do not seem to be lonely? If so, who, if not why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is the character of Otis a contradiction? Do you think it is good for Opal to be around Otis? Do you think Otis is a good role model? Why or why not?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)