|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what basis does Opal treat Gloria?
2. Which of the following terms best describes how Opal reacts to Gloria?
3. Why did Opal settle on the specific number she did in regards to the number of things she wanted to know about her mother?
4. How does Opal treat Winn-Dixie?
5. Where did Dunlap and Stevie Dewberry tell Opal that her dog had gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Opal confess to Winn-Dixie that she and her father have been thinking a lot about?
2. What does Winn-Dixie do in Opal's home while he is upset about the thunderstorms?
3. What does Opal call her father and what is his new job in Florida?
4. What does Opal's father share that her mother did not like about his profession?
5. What happened to Opal's mother?
6. What does Opal do on the walk back to her home with Winn-Dixie?
7. What did Opal do to help convince Otis to hire her?
8. How does Opal feel about the move to Naomi, Florida with her father?
9. What did Opal ask Otis if she could do to pay for the collar and leash?
10. Describe the library and who is it named after?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the two stages in which this novel climaxes? What does the reader learn about the preacher during the climax? How do you think Opal feels when she sees that her father is so upset?
Essay Topic 2
Describe events in the story that led Winn-Dixie to help relieve a character's loneliness or sadness. Do you believe a pet can relieve someone's loneliness or sadness? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does the character of Opal stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves? Is this a good trait? Why or why not?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)