Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Opal want to remember the things her father told her?
2. Where does Opal head with Winn-Dixie at the beginning of chapter twelve?
3. Which of the following seems to be true about Opal's relationship with her father?
4. What decision does the Preacher make in regards to Winn-Dixie?
5. Why does Opal tell God that the other children who are available don't want to play with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Gloria ask Opal to tell her about herself?
2. What did Littmus do when he arrived home from the war and then what did he have a yearning for?
3. How does the reader feel about Otis once they learn why he was arrested?
4. What wakes Opal up at night and why is she awoken?
5. How did Amanda seem when she entered the library and how was this interpreted by Opal?
6. When Miss Franny's great-grandfather was 14 what did he do?
7. What does Opal confess to Winn-Dixie that she and her father have been thinking a lot about?
8. Describe the library and who is it named after?
9. Why doesn't Otis want to come to the party and how does Opal convince him?
10. What does Opal tell Winn-Dixie she is a little concerned about?
At what point in the novel does Opal learn that she is capable of causing sadness as well as receiving sadness? Which characters in the novel does Opal cause sadness in? How does that happen? Does she change that? How or why not?
How does the lozenge relate to the main themes of this story? Do you believe the book would be as good had the lozenge been eliminated? Why or why not?
How do you think the character of Opal will do in her new home town? Why do you believe this is the case? What about her father, how do you think he will do now?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)