Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Opal want to remember the things her father told her?
2. Where does Opal head with Winn-Dixie at the beginning of chapter twelve?
3. Which of the following seems to be true about Opal's relationship with her father?
4. What decision does the Preacher make in regards to Winn-Dixie?
5. Why does Opal tell God that the other children who are available don't want to play with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Gloria ask Opal to tell her about herself?
2. What did Littmus do when he arrived home from the war and then what did he have a yearning for?
3. How does the reader feel about Otis once they learn why he was arrested?
4. What wakes Opal up at night and why is she awoken?
5. How did Amanda seem when she entered the library and how was this interpreted by Opal?
6. When Miss Franny's great-grandfather was 14 what did he do?
7. What does Opal confess to Winn-Dixie that she and her father have been thinking a lot about?
8. Describe the library and who is it named after?
9. Why doesn't Otis want to come to the party and how does Opal convince him?
10. What does Opal tell Winn-Dixie she is a little concerned about?
Essay Topic 1
Which characters does Opal judge on who they are rather than rumor? Which characters does she seem to judge prematurely? What seems to be the difference in how they are treated by her?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think the children called Gloria a witch? Think of another character in another story who Gloria reminds you of and write how the two are the same.
Essay Topic 3
How does Opal feel about about her mother's abandonment at the beginning of the novel? In what ways do her feelings change? Do they change for the positive or negative? How do you know?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)