Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Opal want to remember the things her father told her?
2. Where does Opal head with Winn-Dixie at the beginning of chapter twelve?
3. Which of the following seems to be true about Opal's relationship with her father?
4. What decision does the Preacher make in regards to Winn-Dixie?
5. Why does Opal tell God that the other children who are available don't want to play with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Gloria ask Opal to tell her about herself?
2. What did Littmus do when he arrived home from the war and then what did he have a yearning for?
3. How does the reader feel about Otis once they learn why he was arrested?
4. What wakes Opal up at night and why is she awoken?
5. How did Amanda seem when she entered the library and how was this interpreted by Opal?
6. When Miss Franny's great-grandfather was 14 what did he do?
7. What does Opal confess to Winn-Dixie that she and her father have been thinking a lot about?
8. Describe the library and who is it named after?
9. Why doesn't Otis want to come to the party and how does Opal convince him?
10. What does Opal tell Winn-Dixie she is a little concerned about?
Essay Topic 1
What are the two stages in which this novel climaxes? What does the reader learn about the preacher during the climax? How do you think Opal feels when she sees that her father is so upset?
Essay Topic 2
Describe events in the story that led Winn-Dixie to help relieve a character's loneliness or sadness. Do you believe a pet can relieve someone's loneliness or sadness? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which characters seem to display emotional isolation? How does this affect their lives? Do they change throughout the novel? How or why not?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)