|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes things alright again for Opal after she has to deal with Stevie and Dunlap Dewberry?
2. What color theme is Sweetie Pie's birthday party?
3. How does Opal feel about her mother?
4. What was Winn-Dixie doing when she found him after going through the overgrown yard?
5. Which of the following would be an accurate description of how Opal's life in town is now?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Opal learn about her mother that caused fights between her mother and her father?
2. Why does Opal feel unwelcome at the trailer park where she lives and how does she think Winn-Dixie will be received?
3. What does Gloria tell Opal about her garden which makes Opal feel very happy?
4. What wakes Opal up at night and why is she awoken?
5. What did Gloria want to do with Opal and what did she tell Opal it was?
6. What does the dog do when he sees Opal and how does he do it?
7. What does Opal tell Winn-Dixie she is a little concerned about?
8. In what way are Winn-Dixie and Opal alike according to Opal?
9. What happens when Opal and Winn-Dixie finish up at the pet store?
10. Describe the library and who is it named after?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is the character of Otis a contradiction? Do you think it is good for Opal to be around Otis? Do you think Otis is a good role model? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters does Opal judge on who they are rather than rumor? Which characters does she seem to judge prematurely? What seems to be the difference in how they are treated by her?
Essay Topic 3
How does Opal feel about about her mother's abandonment at the beginning of the novel? In what ways do her feelings change? Do they change for the positive or negative? How do you know?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)