|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the things Opal's mother was not good at doing?
2. What does Winn-Dixie do to the mouse to keep it from escaping?
3. What problem does Opal find with the red leather collar and leash?
4. What was the first name that came to Opal for the dog?
5. Which of the following characters invites Opal to a birthday party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the dog do when he sees Opal and how does he do it?
2. What happened to the bear when Franny threw War and Peace at him?
3. What happens when Otis stops playing his music and what does this lead Opal to do?
4. What happened to Opal's mother?
5. What happens to Winn-Dixie when Otis plays his music in front of him?
6. What happens if Opal or her father leave Winn-Dixie tied up outside of the trailer?
7. What did Opal learn about her mother that caused fights between her mother and her father?
8. What happened to Opal's mother?
9. What happens when Opal and Winn-Dixie finish up at the pet store?
10. How does the author describe Dunlap and Stevie Dewberry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does the character of Opal stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves? Is this a good trait? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways are Otis and Winn-Dixie the same? In what ways does Opal treat them the same? Do you think this is intentional on the part of the author? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is the character of Otis a contradiction? Do you think it is good for Opal to be around Otis? Do you think Otis is a good role model? Why or why not?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)