|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Opal's favorite place to be?
2. What does Winn-Dixie do to the mouse to keep it from escaping?
3. What did Opal tell the store manager about the dog?
4. What did Miss Franny think the bear wanted to do?
5. Why doesn't the Preacher's church look like a typical church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Opal call her father and what is his new job in Florida?
2. What happened to Opal's mother?
3. What happens if Opal or her father leave Winn-Dixie tied up outside of the trailer?
4. In what way are Winn-Dixie and Opal alike according to Opal?
5. What did Opal ask Otis if she could do to pay for the collar and leash?
6. What happens to Winn-Dixie when Otis plays his music in front of him?
7. What wakes Opal up at night and why is she awoken?
8. What happens when Otis stops playing his music and what does this lead Opal to do?
9. Describe the library and who is it named after?
10. What happened to Opal's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of prejudice woven throughout the novel? Which characters seem to demonstrate a form of prejudice at some point throughout the novel? Do they overcome it? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Opal feel about about her mother's abandonment at the beginning of the novel? In what ways do her feelings change? Do they change for the positive or negative? How do you know?
Essay Topic 3
How do you think the character of Opal will do in her new home town? Why do you believe this is the case? What about her father, how do you think he will do now?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)