|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winn-Dixie do that leads people to believe that he is listening to the Preacher's service?
2. On what basis does Opal treat Gloria?
3. What makes things alright again for Opal after she has to deal with Stevie and Dunlap Dewberry?
4. What does Opal hear as she is looking through the stacks for a book?
5. Which of the following is not true about Opal's mother's sense of humor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the name of the candy Littmus invented and what was it famous for?
2. Why was Opal very upset with herself after she gets everyone from the party inside Gloria's house?
3. What wakes Opal up at night and why is she awoken?
4. What does Miss Franny spend all of her time doing and how could she be characterized?
5. Why does Opal feel unwelcome at the trailer park where she lives and how does she think Winn-Dixie will be received?
6. Write a description of the church that Opal's father preaches at.
7. How does the group at the party come to know that Otis has arrived?
8. What did Opal ask Otis if she could do to pay for the collar and leash?
9. What idea does chapter 2 of Gone with the Wind give Opal?
10. What does Winn-Dixie do in Opal's home while he is upset about the thunderstorms?
Essay Topic 1
What are the two stages in which this novel climaxes? What does the reader learn about the preacher during the climax? How do you think Opal feels when she sees that her father is so upset?
Essay Topic 2
How do you think the character of Opal will do in her new home town? Why do you believe this is the case? What about her father, how do you think he will do now?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does the character of Opal stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves? Is this a good trait? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)