|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Miss Franny think she saw outside of the library?
2. How many things did Opal want her father to share with her about her mother?
3. What does Gloria suggest she and Opal do together?
4. Which of the following characters is a parrot?
5. Where does Opal head with Winn-Dixie at the beginning of chapter twelve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the dog do when he sees Opal and how does he do it?
2. What wakes Opal up at night and why is she awoken?
3. What happens to Winn-Dixie when Otis plays his music in front of him?
4. What happens if Opal or her father leave Winn-Dixie tied up outside of the trailer?
5. What does Winn-Dixie do in Opal's home while he is upset about the thunderstorms?
6. What does Opal do on the walk back to her home with Winn-Dixie?
7. What does Opal confess to Winn-Dixie that she and her father have been thinking a lot about?
8. What did Opal ask Otis if she could do to pay for the collar and leash?
9. What did Opal learn about her mother that caused fights between her mother and her father?
10. How does the author describe Dunlap and Stevie Dewberry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does the character of Opal stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves? Is this a good trait? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Opal's mother left her father? On what evidence are you basing this conclusion? Do you think her mother's leaving was a good thing or a bad thing? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What are the two stages in which this novel climaxes? What does the reader learn about the preacher during the climax? How do you think Opal feels when she sees that her father is so upset?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)