|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms could be used to describe how Amanda reacts to the story?
2. What is the secret ingredient in the Littmus lozenge?
3. What happened to Carson?
(a) He moved away with a new family.
(b) He ran away from Naomi.
(c) He drowned when he was five.
(d) No one knows.
4. Who does Opal sometimes tell stories that Franny Block had told her?
5. What does Gloria agree to do to help Opal with her party?
(a) Tell stories to the guests.
(b) Open her yard.
(c) Donate her bottles.
(d) Make some snacks and food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Gloria and Opal spend most of the afternoon doing?
2. How upset is the preacher?
3. What does Sweetie Pie want to do for Winn-Dixie?
4. Who helps Miss Franny get out of the rain?
5. Why couldn't Opal and the preacher find Winn-Dixie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Opal very upset with herself after she gets everyone from the party inside Gloria's house?
2. How does Opal react to finding Winn-Dixie and what actions does she take?
3. What does Gloria say the Littmus Lozenge she is given reminds her of?
4. What is the most important thing that Opal tells the ghost tree?
5. Where does Opal go when the sky clears and what does she do there?
6. Why doesn't Otis want to come to the party and how does Opal convince him?
7. What does Opal finally confess to her father that she has been thinking about for a very long time?
8. How does Opal try to keep all of Gloria's ghosts away?
9. What did Littmus do when he arrived home from the war and then what did he have a yearning for?
10. What idea does chapter 2 of Gone with the Wind give Opal?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)