|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Winn-Dixie gone during the storm?
(a) He had dug a hole under the house.
(b) He fell asleep under Gloria's chair.
(c) He had gone back home and hid in the trailer.
(d) He had gone under the tree with the bottles.
2. What did Otis bring to the party?
3. Who offers to help the preacher and Opal look for the missing character?
4. How does Opal indicate she feels when she thinks of her mother?
5. Why couldn't Opal and the preacher find Winn-Dixie?
(a) He is gone because he was too scared.
(b) He had run home.
(c) They didn't look long enough.
(d) He was in the house the whole time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Winn-Dixie often go when he is in the library?
2. Why does Amanda begin to cry and run out of the library?
3. Who does Opal sometimes tell stories that Franny Block had told her?
4. What question does Opal ask Otis after she gives him the Littmus lozenge?
5. Which of the following characters does Opal have trouble finding during the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Otis do that led the police officers to arrest him and what did he do when they tried to arrest him?
2. How does Opal react to finding Winn-Dixie and what actions does she take?
3. What does Miss Franny suffer from and what does it remind Opal of?
4. What idea does chapter 2 of Gone with the Wind give Opal?
5. When Miss Franny's great-grandfather was 14 what did he do?
6. What do you believe is the author's purpose of this short, transitional chapter?
7. What does Gloria say the Littmus Lozenge she is given reminds her of?
8. What happened after Opal and the preacher went to search for Winn-Dixie?
9. What was the name of the candy Littmus invented and what was it famous for?
10. What did Gloria tell Opal she used to like to do and why can't she do it anymore?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)