|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gloria take Opal to see in her yard?
(a) A flower bed.
(b) A bush.
(c) A statue.
(d) A tree.
2. How old was Littmus when the Civil War began?
3. Why does Amanda begin to cry and run out of the library?
(a) The candy makes her sick.
(b) She misses Carson.
(c) Opal and Franny are mean to her.
(d) Winn-Dixie bit her hard.
4. What do Gloria and Opal spend most of the afternoon doing?
(a) Reading the book.
(b) Discussing who to invite to the party.
(c) Planning the menu.
(d) Talking about their feelings.
5. Where does Winn-Dixie often go when he is in the library?
(a) In front of the only fan.
(b) In the basement.
(c) Right at Opal's feet.
(d) Behind the book shelves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Opal sometimes tell stories that Franny Block had told her?
2. Why couldn't Opal and the preacher find Winn-Dixie?
3. Who comes out to talk to Opal as she is checking on her new tree?
4. Why does Opal work particularly slow at her job after Otis tells her why he went to jail?
5. What do the Preacher and Opal notice when they return to Gloria's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens immediately after the preacher gives the blessing that causes chaos throughout the party?
2. How did Littmus feel about his time as a soldier?
3. What do you believe is the author's purpose of this short, transitional chapter?
4. What does Opal do when she realizes Winn-Dixie is missing and what does Gloria tell her?
5. How does the reader feel about Otis once they learn why he was arrested?
6. How did Amanda seem when she entered the library and how was this interpreted by Opal?
7. When Miss Franny's great-grandfather was 14 what did he do?
8. What did Littmus do when he arrived home from the war and then what did he have a yearning for?
9. Why was Opal very upset with herself after she gets everyone from the party inside Gloria's house?
10. How do Gloria and Opal spend the day of the party?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)