|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sweetie Pie want to do for Winn-Dixie?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Pick off a dust bunny.
(c) Give him part of their sandwich.
(d) Brush him.
2. What do the Preacher and Opal notice when they return to Gloria's house?
(a) They hear music.
(b) They see everyone has left.
(c) They see the storm clouds are clearing.
(d) They notice that everyone is back outside.
3. What happened to Littmus's father?
(a) He died on the battlefield.
(b) He died of a broken heart when his wife was killed.
(c) He died of typhoid fever.
(d) He married a new woman.
4. How does Opal convince the one hesitant character to come to her party?
(a) She agrees to clean the store free for a week.
(b) She begs him.
(c) She has her father convince him.
(d) She tells him the story about feeling lonely.
5. What did Otis used to do a lot of the time?
(a) Play in a band.
(b) Drink and use drugs.
(c) Catch stray animals.
(d) Play guitar on the street for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Opal filled her heart?
2. Who helps Miss Franny get out of the rain?
3. What does Opal immediately give to Gloria?
4. What did Amanda say about the Littmus lozenge when she tasted it?
5. Which of the following is an accurate description of Amanda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the name of the candy Littmus invented and what was it famous for?
2. How did Littmus feel about his time as a soldier?
3. What happened after Opal and the preacher went to search for Winn-Dixie?
4. How does the group at the party come to know that Otis has arrived?
5. How do Gloria and Opal spend the day of the party?
6. What did Opal ask Gloria about Otis and what does Gloria do?
7. What did Otis do that led the police officers to arrest him and what did he do when they tried to arrest him?
8. How did Amanda seem when she entered the library and how was this interpreted by Opal?
9. What do you believe is the author's purpose of this short, transitional chapter?
10. When Miss Franny's great-grandfather was 14 what did he do?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)