|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the tension raised at the end of this chapter?
(a) Because Winn-Dixie is terrified of thunder storms.
(b) Because the party is ruined.
(c) Because the Preacher's blessing was off.
(d) Because Gloria cannot see well.
2. Who comes out to talk to Opal as she is checking on her new tree?
3. What did Winn-Dixie do during the story about Franny's great-grandfather?
(a) Wandered around the library.
(b) Snored on the floor.
(c) Tried to make friends with Amanda.
(d) Knocked over the fan.
4. What does Gloria take Opal to see in her yard?
(a) A statue.
(b) A tree.
(c) A bush.
(d) A flower bed.
5. What book does Opal decide to read to Gloria Dump?
(a) Gone with the Wind.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) War of the Worlds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Opal pass the time as they search and cannot find Winn-Dixie?
2. What sometimes happens to Franny when she is telling a story?
3. How is the air after the storm?
4. What question does Opal ask Otis after she gives him the Littmus lozenge?
5. Who does Opal imitate keeping the beat to this music with the pointy toes of his/her boots?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you believe is the author's purpose of this short, transitional chapter?
2. When Miss Franny's great-grandfather was 14 what did he do?
3. What did Gloria tell Opal she used to like to do and why can't she do it anymore?
4. What happened after Opal and the preacher went to search for Winn-Dixie?
5. What does Opal do when she realizes Winn-Dixie is missing and what does Gloria tell her?
6. What does Opal finally confess to her father that she has been thinking about for a very long time?
7. What was the name of the candy Littmus invented and what was it famous for?
8. How does the preacher react to Opal's statements and what does he say?
9. What is the most important thing that Opal tells the ghost tree?
10. What did Littmus do when he arrived home from the war and then what did he have a yearning for?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)