|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the tension raised at the end of this chapter?
(a) Because the Preacher's blessing was off.
(b) Because Gloria cannot see well.
(c) Because Winn-Dixie is terrified of thunder storms.
(d) Because the party is ruined.
2. Who helps Miss Franny get out of the rain?
3. What does Gloria ask the preacher to do at the beginning of the party?
(a) Introduce everyone.
(b) Serve the punch.
(c) Keep everyone smiling.
(d) Say the blessing.
4. What sometimes happens to Franny when she is telling a story?
(a) She forgets the endings.
(b) She makes up new parts to the story.
(c) She suffers seizure-like symptoms.
(d) She loses her place.
5. What does Opal immediately give to Gloria?
(a) A new bottle.
(b) Gone with the Wind.
(c) New glasses.
(d) Littmus lozenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Otis tell Opal he is not?
2. What does the Preacher have to confront Opal about?
3. What doesn't Otis want to have to do at the party?
4. Which of the following characters does Opal have trouble finding during the storm?
5. What did Franny bring to the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the reader feel about Otis once they learn why he was arrested?
2. What was the name of the candy Littmus invented and what was it famous for?
3. Why was Opal very upset with herself after she gets everyone from the party inside Gloria's house?
4. What does Opal do when she realizes Winn-Dixie is missing and what does Gloria tell her?
5. Why doesn't Otis want to come to the party and how does Opal convince him?
6. What happened after Opal and the preacher went to search for Winn-Dixie?
7. What did Opal ask Gloria about Otis and what does Gloria do?
8. How do Gloria and Opal spend the day of the party?
9. How does Opal try to keep all of Gloria's ghosts away?
10. Where does Opal go when the sky clears and what does she do there?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)