|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Amanda say about the Littmus lozenge when she tasted it?
(a) It was the sweetest candy and made her smile.
(b) It was tasty but made her think of sad things.
(c) It tasted as if it had spoiled.
(d) It was very sweet and mader her sick.
2. Which of the following is an accurate description of Amanda?
3. Who does Opal sometimes tell stories that Franny Block had told her?
4. What sometimes happens to Franny when she is telling a story?
(a) She forgets the endings.
(b) She suffers seizure-like symptoms.
(c) She loses her place.
(d) She makes up new parts to the story.
5. How old was Littmus when the Civil War began?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Opal work particularly slow at her job after Otis tells her why he went to jail?
2. What does Opal immediately give to Gloria?
3. Which character suggests that everyone move inside?
4. What happened to Littmus's father?
5. How does Opal convince the one hesitant character to come to her party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gloria say the Littmus Lozenge she is given reminds her of?
2. When Miss Franny's great-grandfather was 14 what did he do?
3. How does the group at the party come to know that Otis has arrived?
4. What does Opal do when she realizes Winn-Dixie is missing and what does Gloria tell her?
5. How do Gloria and Opal spend the day of the party?
6. What happened after Opal and the preacher went to search for Winn-Dixie?
7. How does the preacher react to Opal's statements and what does he say?
8. What does Miss Franny suffer from and what does it remind Opal of?
9. How did Amanda seem when she entered the library and how was this interpreted by Opal?
10. Where does Opal go when the sky clears and what does she do there?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)