|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Opal and Gloria decide the party should be at night?
(a) It will be cooler.
(b) The moon is prettier.
(c) No one will have to ask off of work.
(d) More people are able to attend.
2. What do Dunlap and Opal do on the way back to Gloria's house?
3. Who helps Miss Franny get out of the rain?
4. What question does Opal ask of Gloria in relation to Otis?
(a) Whether or not she should learn to play the guitar from him.
(b) Whether or not she should take him to the church.
(c) Whether or not she should be afraid of him.
(d) Whether or not she should keep working for him.
5. Why couldn't Opal and the preacher find Winn-Dixie?
(a) They didn't look long enough.
(b) He had run home.
(c) He is gone because he was too scared.
(d) He was in the house the whole time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Winn-Dixie do during the story about Franny's great-grandfather?
2. How does the preacher describe the lozenge Opal gives him?
3. What does Otis tell Opal he is not?
4. What happened to Littmus's father?
5. Who is the first character to arrive at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Otis want to come to the party and how does Opal convince him?
2. How does Opal try to keep all of Gloria's ghosts away?
3. Where does Opal go when the sky clears and what does she do there?
4. What idea does chapter 2 of Gone with the Wind give Opal?
5. What does Opal finally confess to her father that she has been thinking about for a very long time?
6. What did Otis do that led the police officers to arrest him and what did he do when they tried to arrest him?
7. What did Gloria tell Opal she used to like to do and why can't she do it anymore?
8. How does Opal react to finding Winn-Dixie and what actions does she take?
9. What do you believe is the author's purpose of this short, transitional chapter?
10. What happened after Opal and the preacher went to search for Winn-Dixie?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)