|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franny bring to the party?
(c) LIttmus lozenges.
2. Why does Opal work particularly slow at her job after Otis tells her why he went to jail?
(a) She is trying to understand more about him.
(b) She hopes he will play his guitar some more.
(c) She wants to ask more questions.
(d) So that she can keep him company.
3. Why did Opal see reflected in the porch light that made her very sad?
(a) Dunlap's bald head.
(b) The bottles on Gloria's tree.
(c) Otis's sad eyes.
(d) Winn-Dixie's terrified eyes.
4. How does the preacher describe the lozenge Opal gives him?
(a) Sweet flanors blending on his tongue.
(b) A mixture of things he cannot describe.
(c) Sadness mixed with root beer and strawberry.
(d) Overwhelming sadness.
5. What does Opal learn that Miss Franny has kept in her drawer in the library for a long time?
(a) A picture of her great-grandfather.
(b) Civil war memoriblia.
(c) Littmus lozenges.
(d) Different types of candy from the Littmus company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Opal immediately give to Gloria?
2. What does Gloria take Opal to see in her yard?
3. How old was Littmus when the Civil War began?
4. Why does Gloria tell Opal the bottles were put where they are located?
5. What does Opal see Otis do for the very first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the name of the candy Littmus invented and what was it famous for?
2. Why doesn't Otis want to come to the party and how does Opal convince him?
3. What does Gloria say the Littmus Lozenge she is given reminds her of?
4. What happened after Opal and the preacher went to search for Winn-Dixie?
5. What does Opal finally confess to her father that she has been thinking about for a very long time?
6. How does the group at the party come to know that Otis has arrived?
7. How does Opal try to keep all of Gloria's ghosts away?
8. How did Littmus feel about his time as a soldier?
9. How do Gloria and Opal spend the day of the party?
10. When Miss Franny's great-grandfather was 14 what did he do?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)