|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amanda begin to cry and run out of the library?
(a) She misses Carson.
(b) The candy makes her sick.
(c) Opal and Franny are mean to her.
(d) Winn-Dixie bit her hard.
2. How does Opal pass the time as they search and cannot find Winn-Dixie?
(a) Listing 10 things she could put on posters.
(b) Calling out for Winn-Dixie.
(c) Talking about random topics to the preacher.
(d) Whistling a song she heard Otis play.
3. What is Otis doing when Opal returns to the house?
(a) Putting a bottle on the tree.
(b) Leaving the party.
(c) Playing his guitar.
(d) Playing with the parrot.
4. What does the preacher do after Opal shares things that she has been thinking for a long time?
(b) Gets angry.
(c) Walks away.
(d) Becomes very silent.
5. Which of the following characters does Opal have trouble finding during the storm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Opal ask of Gloria in relation to Otis?
2. Who does Opal have to beg to come in out of the rain?
3. Why is the tension raised at the end of this chapter?
4. Why is Opal kind of glad that it is raining?
5. What did Otis bring to the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Littmus feel about his time as a soldier?
2. How does the group at the party come to know that Otis has arrived?
3. How does the preacher react to Opal's statements and what does he say?
4. What does Opal do when she realizes Winn-Dixie is missing and what does Gloria tell her?
5. What is the most important thing that Opal tells the ghost tree?
6. How does the reader feel about Otis once they learn why he was arrested?
7. What do you believe is the author's purpose of this short, transitional chapter?
8. What happens immediately after the preacher gives the blessing that causes chaos throughout the party?
9. Why was Opal very upset with herself after she gets everyone from the party inside Gloria's house?
10. What did Littmus do when he arrived home from the war and then what did he have a yearning for?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)