|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes out to talk to Opal as she is checking on her new tree?
2. What is Otis doing when Opal returns to the house?
(a) Leaving the party.
(b) Playing his guitar.
(c) Putting a bottle on the tree.
(d) Playing with the parrot.
3. What does Opal learn about Gloria that is similar to her mother?
(a) Gloria enjoys hearing and telling jokes.
(b) Gloria left her own child behind.
(c) Gloria loves to garden.
(d) Gloria used to drink.
4. What does Otis tell Opal he is not?
(d) Going to talk about jail.
5. Who is the first character to arrive at the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Otis bring to the party?
2. How does the preacher describe the lozenge Opal gives him?
3. What did Otis used to do a lot of the time?
4. Why do Opal and Gloria decide the party should be at night?
5. How does Opal convince the one hesitant character to come to her party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Amanda seem when she entered the library and how was this interpreted by Opal?
2. What did Gloria tell Opal she used to like to do and why can't she do it anymore?
3. How does Opal react to finding Winn-Dixie and what actions does she take?
4. Why doesn't Otis want to come to the party and how does Opal convince him?
5. Why was Opal very upset with herself after she gets everyone from the party inside Gloria's house?
6. What did Littmus do when he arrived home from the war and then what did he have a yearning for?
7. How does the group at the party come to know that Otis has arrived?
8. What did Otis do that led the police officers to arrest him and what did he do when they tried to arrest him?
9. How does Opal try to keep all of Gloria's ghosts away?
10. When Miss Franny's great-grandfather was 14 what did he do?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)