|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Littmus start?
(a) Peace organization.
(b) Weapons factory.
(c) Candy factory.
2. How does Opal convince the one hesitant character to come to her party?
(a) She begs him.
(b) She has her father convince him.
(c) She agrees to clean the store free for a week.
(d) She tells him the story about feeling lonely.
3. How upset is the preacher?
(a) He closes himself off and does not appear upset at all.
(b) He is sad, but you can only see that in his eyes.
(c) He is more angry than upset.
(d) So upset he starts to shake.
4. Who is the first character to arrive at the party?
5. WHat happened to Littmus's sisters?
(a) Died of typhoid fever.
(b) Went north to live.
(c) Were killed by soldiers.
(d) Disowned him since the south lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dunlap and Opal do on the way back to Gloria's house?
2. What happened to Littmus's home?
3. Why does Opal work particularly slow at her job after Otis tells her why he went to jail?
4. What did Amanda say about the Littmus lozenge when she tasted it?
5. What did Winn-Dixie do during the story about Franny's great-grandfather?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea does chapter 2 of Gone with the Wind give Opal?
2. What did Littmus do when he arrived home from the war and then what did he have a yearning for?
3. What happens immediately after the preacher gives the blessing that causes chaos throughout the party?
4. What do you believe is the author's purpose of this short, transitional chapter?
5. Why was Opal very upset with herself after she gets everyone from the party inside Gloria's house?
6. How does the group at the party come to know that Otis has arrived?
7. What is the most important thing that Opal tells the ghost tree?
8. What did Gloria tell Opal she used to like to do and why can't she do it anymore?
9. What does Opal do when she realizes Winn-Dixie is missing and what does Gloria tell her?
10. How did Littmus feel about his time as a soldier?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)