|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Otis used to do a lot of the time?
(a) Play in a band.
(b) Catch stray animals.
(c) Play guitar on the street for money.
(d) Drink and use drugs.
2. What do Dunlap and Opal do on the way back to Gloria's house?
3. Where does Winn-Dixie often go when he is in the library?
(a) Right at Opal's feet.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In front of the only fan.
(d) Behind the book shelves.
4. Which of the following characters does Opal have trouble finding during the storm?
5. What question does Opal ask of Gloria in relation to Otis?
(a) Whether or not she should learn to play the guitar from him.
(b) Whether or not she should be afraid of him.
(c) Whether or not she should take him to the church.
(d) Whether or not she should keep working for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Miss Franny get out of the rain?
2. Who does Opal have to beg to come in out of the rain?
3. What does Opal learn about Gloria that is similar to her mother?
4. WHat happened to Littmus's sisters?
5. What does Gloria take Opal to see in her yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Opal very upset with herself after she gets everyone from the party inside Gloria's house?
2. How does the reader feel about Otis once they learn why he was arrested?
3. What do you believe is the author's purpose of this short, transitional chapter?
4. When Miss Franny's great-grandfather was 14 what did he do?
5. How did Amanda seem when she entered the library and how was this interpreted by Opal?
6. How does the group at the party come to know that Otis has arrived?
7. What does Opal finally confess to her father that she has been thinking about for a very long time?
8. What is the most important thing that Opal tells the ghost tree?
9. What did Gloria tell Opal she used to like to do and why can't she do it anymore?
10. Where does Opal go when the sky clears and what does she do there?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)