|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did they find Winn-Dixie?
(a) He was snoring very loudly.
(b) They heard a whimper.
(c) Gloria tripped over him.
(d) They heard him sneeze.
2. What did Littmus decide to do because he saw the world as such a sorry place?
(a) Build an orphange.
(b) Help those lost in grief.
(c) Move to another country.
(d) Put something sweet in it.
3. What doesn't Otis want to have to do at the party?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Play the guitar.
(c) Talk to people.
(d) Watch the animals.
4. What does Otis tell Opal he is not?
(b) Going to talk about jail.
5. What do Dunlap and Opal do on the way back to Gloria's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into the library interrupting the story about Franny's great-grandfather?
2. How is the air after the storm?
3. Which of the following characters does Opal have trouble finding during the storm?
4. Who else does Opal tell about the reason Otis went to jail?
5. Where does Opal go at the end of the chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Littmus do when he arrived home from the war and then what did he have a yearning for?
2. Why was Opal very upset with herself after she gets everyone from the party inside Gloria's house?
3. How do Gloria and Opal spend the day of the party?
4. How does the group at the party come to know that Otis has arrived?
5. When Miss Franny's great-grandfather was 14 what did he do?
6. How does Opal react to finding Winn-Dixie and what actions does she take?
7. Where does Opal go when the sky clears and what does she do there?
8. What does Opal finally confess to her father that she has been thinking about for a very long time?
9. What did Opal ask Gloria about Otis and what does Gloria do?
10. What does Opal do when she realizes Winn-Dixie is missing and what does Gloria tell her?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)