|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Preacher have to confront Opal about?
(a) Visiting Gloria without permission.
(b) Taking Winn-Dixie into the library.
(c) Spending so much time in the library.
(d) Calling the Dewberry boys names.
2. What does Gloria take Opal to see in her yard?
(a) A flower bed.
(b) A bush.
(c) A statue.
(d) A tree.
3. What question does Opal ask of Gloria in relation to Otis?
(a) Whether or not she should learn to play the guitar from him.
(b) Whether or not she should keep working for him.
(c) Whether or not she should take him to the church.
(d) Whether or not she should be afraid of him.
4. What did Franny bring to the party?
(d) LIttmus lozenges.
5. What do the Preacher and Opal notice when they return to Gloria's house?
(a) They see the storm clouds are clearing.
(b) They see everyone has left.
(c) They notice that everyone is back outside.
(d) They hear music.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did they find Winn-Dixie?
2. Which of the following descriptions best suites the character of Otis?
3. What does Opal accuse the Preacher of doing?
4. Why did Opal see reflected in the porch light that made her very sad?
5. What is Otis doing when Opal returns to the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gloria say the Littmus Lozenge she is given reminds her of?
2. What does Opal finally confess to her father that she has been thinking about for a very long time?
3. How did Littmus feel about his time as a soldier?
4. What does Opal do when she realizes Winn-Dixie is missing and what does Gloria tell her?
5. What did Gloria tell Opal she used to like to do and why can't she do it anymore?
6. What does Miss Franny suffer from and what does it remind Opal of?
7. What is the most important thing that Opal tells the ghost tree?
8. How do Gloria and Opal spend the day of the party?
9. How does the preacher react to Opal's statements and what does he say?
10. How does Opal try to keep all of Gloria's ghosts away?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)