|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is hesitant about coming to Opal's party?
2. How does Opal pass the time as they search and cannot find Winn-Dixie?
(a) Calling out for Winn-Dixie.
(b) Whistling a song she heard Otis play.
(c) Listing 10 things she could put on posters.
(d) Talking about random topics to the preacher.
3. What did Otis used to do a lot of the time?
(a) Play in a band.
(b) Drink and use drugs.
(c) Play guitar on the street for money.
(d) Catch stray animals.
4. What does the Preacher have to confront Opal about?
(a) Visiting Gloria without permission.
(b) Spending so much time in the library.
(c) Calling the Dewberry boys names.
(d) Taking Winn-Dixie into the library.
5. What do Gloria and Opal spend most of the afternoon doing?
(a) Planning the menu.
(b) Discussing who to invite to the party.
(c) Reading the book.
(d) Talking about their feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Otis bring to the party?
2. Which of the following characters does Opal have trouble finding during the storm?
3. Why couldn't Opal and the preacher find Winn-Dixie?
4. What did Littmus start?
5. What does Opal learn about Gloria that is similar to her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Gloria and Opal spend the day of the party?
2. Why was Opal very upset with herself after she gets everyone from the party inside Gloria's house?
3. What did Otis do that led the police officers to arrest him and what did he do when they tried to arrest him?
4. What was the name of the candy Littmus invented and what was it famous for?
5. How does the reader feel about Otis once they learn why he was arrested?
6. How does Opal try to keep all of Gloria's ghosts away?
7. How did Amanda seem when she entered the library and how was this interpreted by Opal?
8. What does Opal finally confess to her father that she has been thinking about for a very long time?
9. When Miss Franny's great-grandfather was 14 what did he do?
10. How does the preacher react to Opal's statements and what does he say?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)