|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Opal learn about Gloria that is similar to her mother?
(a) Gloria enjoys hearing and telling jokes.
(b) Gloria left her own child behind.
(c) Gloria used to drink.
(d) Gloria loves to garden.
2. Which character suggests that everyone move inside?
(a) Sweetie Pie.
3. What happened to Littmus's father?
(a) He died on the battlefield.
(b) He married a new woman.
(c) He died of a broken heart when his wife was killed.
(d) He died of typhoid fever.
4. Where does Winn-Dixie often go when he is in the library?
(a) Behind the book shelves.
(b) Right at Opal's feet.
(c) In front of the only fan.
(d) In the basement.
5. What do Dunlap and Opal do on the way back to Gloria's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Opal see Otis do for the very first time?
2. WHat happened to Littmus's sisters?
3. What did Littmus decide to do because he saw the world as such a sorry place?
4. What happened to Carson?
5. Which of the following is an accurate description of Amanda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the most important thing that Opal tells the ghost tree?
2. What did Otis do that led the police officers to arrest him and what did he do when they tried to arrest him?
3. What did Gloria tell Opal she used to like to do and why can't she do it anymore?
4. What does Gloria say the Littmus Lozenge she is given reminds her of?
5. What do you believe is the author's purpose of this short, transitional chapter?
6. How does the group at the party come to know that Otis has arrived?
7. How did Amanda seem when she entered the library and how was this interpreted by Opal?
8. What does Miss Franny suffer from and what does it remind Opal of?
9. Why doesn't Otis want to come to the party and how does Opal convince him?
10. How does the reader feel about Otis once they learn why he was arrested?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)