|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Preacher have to confront Opal about?
(a) Visiting Gloria without permission.
(b) Spending so much time in the library.
(c) Taking Winn-Dixie into the library.
(d) Calling the Dewberry boys names.
2. Why is Opal kind of glad that it is raining?
(a) Because it takes her mind off of Winn-Dixie.
(b) Because it has cooled down the night.
(c) Because she is distracted from something.
(d) Because she is crying.
3. Who is late at arriving at the party?
(c) Dewberry brothers.
4. What does Opal accuse the Preacher of doing?
(a) Not caring about Winn-Dixie.
(b) Letting her mother run off without trying to make her stay.
(c) Being uncaring and insensitive.
(d) Finding a way to finally make her happy.
5. What is the secret ingredient in the Littmus lozenge?
Short Answer Questions
1. WHat happened to Littmus's sisters?
2. How does Opal think Otis will feel?
3. What do Dunlap and Opal do on the way back to Gloria's house?
4. Which of the following is an accurate description of Amanda?
5. Which of the following descriptions best suites the character of Otis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea does chapter 2 of Gone with the Wind give Opal?
2. Why was Opal very upset with herself after she gets everyone from the party inside Gloria's house?
3. How does the reader feel about Otis once they learn why he was arrested?
4. What does Opal finally confess to her father that she has been thinking about for a very long time?
5. When Miss Franny's great-grandfather was 14 what did he do?
6. What does Gloria say the Littmus Lozenge she is given reminds her of?
7. What did Gloria tell Opal she used to like to do and why can't she do it anymore?
8. What was the name of the candy Littmus invented and what was it famous for?
9. What did Opal ask Gloria about Otis and what does Gloria do?
10. What happens immediately after the preacher gives the blessing that causes chaos throughout the party?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)