|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the party members think Winn-Dixie looks like when he comes out from under the bed?
(a) A rat.
(b) A cat.
(c) A mop.
(d) A ghost.
2. Why is the tension raised at the end of this chapter?
(a) Because Gloria cannot see well.
(b) Because the Preacher's blessing was off.
(c) Because Winn-Dixie is terrified of thunder storms.
(d) Because the party is ruined.
3. Why do Opal and Gloria decide the party should be at night?
(a) It will be cooler.
(b) The moon is prettier.
(c) More people are able to attend.
(d) No one will have to ask off of work.
4. Who else does Opal tell about the reason Otis went to jail?
5. Where does Winn-Dixie often go when he is in the library?
(a) Behind the book shelves.
(b) Right at Opal's feet.
(c) In front of the only fan.
(d) In the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Gloria and Opal spend most of the afternoon doing?
2. Who comes out to talk to Opal as she is checking on her new tree?
3. Who does Opal have to beg to come in out of the rain?
4. Which of the following terms could be used to describe how Amanda reacts to the story?
5. Why does Amanda begin to cry and run out of the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Otis do that led the police officers to arrest him and what did he do when they tried to arrest him?
2. What do you believe is the author's purpose of this short, transitional chapter?
3. What did Littmus do when he arrived home from the war and then what did he have a yearning for?
4. How does the group at the party come to know that Otis has arrived?
5. How do Gloria and Opal spend the day of the party?
6. Where does Opal go when the sky clears and what does she do there?
7. What does Miss Franny suffer from and what does it remind Opal of?
8. What happens immediately after the preacher gives the blessing that causes chaos throughout the party?
9. What idea does chapter 2 of Gone with the Wind give Opal?
10. What does Opal do when she realizes Winn-Dixie is missing and what does Gloria tell her?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)