|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the things Opal's mother was not good at doing?
(c) Listening to stories.
2. How many things did Opal want her father to share with her about her mother?
3. In what state does this story take place?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) New York.
4. Which of the following seems to be true about Opal's relationship with her father?
(a) She can manipulate him.
(b) She seems afraid of him.
(c) She does not like him.
(d) She does not trust him.
5. What does Winn-Dixie do to the mouse to keep it from escaping?
(a) Takes it outside.
(b) Drops it in Opal's hand.
(c) Steps on its tail.
(d) Holds it in his mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Opal tell God that the other children who are available don't want to play with her?
2. What profession does Opal's father practice?
3. What does Opal hear as she is looking through the stacks for a book?
4. What do Opal and the Preacher learn that Winn-Dixie is afraid of?
5. What did the dog do when it saw Opal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Franny's father, Herman Block, build the library?
2. What happened to the bear when Franny threw War and Peace at him?
3. What wakes Opal up at night and why is she awoken?
4. What does the dog do when he sees Opal and how does he do it?
5. What happens when Opal and Winn-Dixie finish up at the pet store?
6. Why did Gloria ask Opal to tell her about herself?
7. What happens to Winn-Dixie when Otis plays his music in front of him?
8. What happened to Opal's mother?
9. What does Gloria tell Opal about her garden which makes Opal feel very happy?
10. How does the author describe Dunlap and Stevie Dewberry?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)