|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Opal hear when she walks into the grocery store?
(a) Women screaming looking for their lost dog.
(b) The manager calling for help.
(c) A dog barking wildly.
(d) The manager yelling about a dog.
2. What does Opal do when she gets home?
(a) Takes a nap with Winn-Dixie.
(b) Makes dinner for her and Winn-Dixie.
(c) Tells the Preacher about her day with Gloria and the Dewberrys.
(d) Gives Winn-Dixie another bath.
3. At which of the following places does Opal live?
(a) The Friendly Baptist Church.
(b) The Friendly Corners Trailer Park.
(c) The Open Arms Baptist Church.
(d) The Winn-Dixie Trailer Park.
4. Most of the things that happen to Opal during the summer are because of who?
(a) Her father and members of the church.
(b) Miss Franny.
(d) Otis and her job at the pet store.
5. What do Opal and the Preacher learn that Winn-Dixie is afraid of?
(c) Tall men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Opal forget to do?
2. What did Opal notice about the dog's fur?
3. How many things did Opal want her father to share with her about her mother?
4. Who is the Preacher that Opal refers to continually?
5. Where does Opal head with Winn-Dixie at the beginning of chapter twelve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Opal tell Winn-Dixie she is a little concerned about?
2. What happens when Otis stops playing his music and what does this lead Opal to do?
3. What happens to Winn-Dixie when Otis plays his music in front of him?
4. What does Winn-Dixie do in Opal's home while he is upset about the thunderstorms?
5. What does Miss Franny spend all of her time doing and how could she be characterized?
6. Why did Gloria ask Opal to tell her about herself?
7. Describe the library and who is it named after?
8. How would you describe Opal's decision about wanting to memorize the information her father shared with her about her mother?
9. How does the author describe Dunlap and Stevie Dewberry?
10. What happens when Opal and Winn-Dixie finish up at the pet store?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)