|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miss Franny actually see outside of the library?
(a) A wolfe.
(c) A bear.
(d) A dog.
2. What does Winn-Dixie do when the Preacher calls him?
(a) Falls down and whines.
(b) Walks over to Opal instead of the Preacher.
(c) Runs away through the trailer park.
(d) Sneezes and limps up the steps.
3. What did Opal tell the store manager about the dog?
(a) That the dog was very smart.
(b) That the dog was hers.
(c) That the dog belonged to the children outside.
(d) That the dog was scared of him.
4. In what way was Opal's mother's appearance just like Opal's?
(a) They both had red hair and freckles.
(b) They both had curly hair.
(c) They both had hazel eyes.
(d) They both had permanent tan.
5. Which of the following seems to be true about Opal's relationship with her father?
(a) She can manipulate him.
(b) She does not like him.
(c) She seems afraid of him.
(d) She does not trust him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event happens within the store that secures Opal's job at the store?
2. Which of the following things can Opal do very well?
3. On what basis does Opal treat Gloria?
4. What book was Miss Franny reading when she confronted the bear?
5. Where did Dunlap and Stevie Dewberry tell Opal that her dog had gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the dog do when he sees Opal and how does he do it?
2. What happens to Winn-Dixie when Otis plays his music in front of him?
3. How would you describe Opal's decision about wanting to memorize the information her father shared with her about her mother?
4. Why does Opal feel unwelcome at the trailer park where she lives and how does she think Winn-Dixie will be received?
5. Write a description of the church that Opal's father preaches at.
6. What wakes Opal up at night and why is she awoken?
7. What does Opal call her father and what is his new job in Florida?
8. What happens if Opal or her father leave Winn-Dixie tied up outside of the trailer?
9. Why did Franny's father, Herman Block, build the library?
10. What does Opal interpret it means when Winn-Dixie stares at her after she makes her confession to him?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)