|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Opal's mother do that often caused fights between the Preacher and Opal's mother?
(a) She didn't cook.
(b) She refused to work.
(c) She drank.
(d) She wouldn't go to church.
2. Where does Winn-Dixie go during the time the Preacher is telling Opal about her mother?
(a) Next to Opal.
(b) Between them on the couch.
(d) On the floor.
3. What does Opal offer to do to help pay for the leash and collar?
(a) Take the dogs for walks.
(b) Clean animal cages.
(c) Sweep floors.
(d) Advertise for the store.
4. What color theme is Sweetie Pie's birthday party?
5. Which of the following could be a theme for this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Opal find with the red leather collar and leash?
2. What did the dog do when it saw Opal?
3. What do Opal and her father do to Winn-Dixie after the storm to help calm him down?
4. Most of the things that happen to Opal during the summer are because of who?
5. How does Opal treat Winn-Dixie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens if Opal or her father leave Winn-Dixie tied up outside of the trailer?
2. What does Miss Franny spend all of her time doing and how could she be characterized?
3. What happens to Winn-Dixie when Otis plays his music in front of him?
4. How does Opal feel about the move to Naomi, Florida with her father?
5. How would you describe Opal's decision about wanting to memorize the information her father shared with her about her mother?
6. What happened to the bear when Franny threw War and Peace at him?
7. What happens when Otis stops playing his music and what does this lead Opal to do?
8. What did Opal learn about her mother that caused fights between her mother and her father?
9. Why did Franny's father, Herman Block, build the library?
10. What does Opal tell Winn-Dixie she is a little concerned about?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)