|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Miss Franny get the bear to leave the library?
(a) She called for the game commission to come.
(b) She threw a book at it.
(c) She screamed loudly at it.
(d) She pushed it out.
2. What did the Preacher tell Opal that he couldn't give Opal's mother when they were running?
(a) A pair of sneakers.
(b) A head start.
(c) A clear line.
(d) A wooded path.
3. How does Opal describe the Preacher to the dog?
(a) He is a strict man.
(b) He is a good man.
(c) He is a fortunate man.
(d) He is a smart man.
4. Which of the following characters invites Opal to a birthday party?
(c) Sweetie Pie Thomas.
5. What did Opal's mother do that often caused fights between the Preacher and Opal's mother?
(a) She wouldn't go to church.
(b) She refused to work.
(c) She didn't cook.
(d) She drank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the things Opal's mother was not good at doing?
2. What did Miss Franny think the bear wanted to do?
3. What does Gloria suggest she and Opal do together?
4. Which of the following is not true about Opal's mother's sense of humor?
5. What book was Miss Franny reading when she confronted the bear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Opal ask Otis if she could do to pay for the collar and leash?
2. Where is Opal's favorite place to go and how does it seem that Winn-Dixie knows when they are there?
3. What happens when Otis stops playing his music and what does this lead Opal to do?
4. What does Opal confess to Winn-Dixie that she and her father have been thinking a lot about?
5. Why did Gloria ask Opal to tell her about herself?
6. How does Opal feel about the move to Naomi, Florida with her father?
7. What wakes Opal up at night and why is she awoken?
8. What did Opal do to help convince Otis to hire her?
9. What does Opal call her father and what is his new job in Florida?
10. What did Gloria want to do with Opal and what did she tell Opal it was?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)