|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Opal do when she gets home?
(a) Tells the Preacher about her day with Gloria and the Dewberrys.
(b) Gives Winn-Dixie another bath.
(c) Makes dinner for her and Winn-Dixie.
(d) Takes a nap with Winn-Dixie.
2. Which of the following is not true about Opal's mother's sense of humor?
(a) She could tell a joke.
(b) She was funny.
(c) She loved to laugh.
(d) She had a laugh that people found annoying.
3. What does Opal say she and Winn-Dixie have in common?
(a) They both need a bath.
(b) They both make messes.
(c) They both love her father.
(d) They are both orphans.
4. Where does Opal spend a lot of her time in the summer?
(c) Trailer park.
5. What instrument does Opal find out that Otis plays?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Franny allow Winn-Dixie in the library?
2. How does Opal treat Winn-Dixie?
3. What question did Gloria ask Opal about Dunlap and Stevie?
4. What topic did Opal approach with her father after she finished with Winn-Dixie?
5. What does Opal think the dog will do for her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Opal tell Winn-Dixie she is a little concerned about?
2. What happens when Opal and Winn-Dixie finish up at the pet store?
3. What happens if Opal or her father leave Winn-Dixie tied up outside of the trailer?
4. What did Opal ask Otis if she could do to pay for the collar and leash?
5. What happened to Opal's mother?
6. Write a description of the church that Opal's father preaches at.
7. Where is Opal's favorite place to go and how does it seem that Winn-Dixie knows when they are there?
8. What does Opal call her father and what is his new job in Florida?
9. How does the author describe Dunlap and Stevie Dewberry?
10. What does Opal's father share that her mother did not like about his profession?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)