|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Opal sometimes tell stories that Franny Block had told her?
2. How upset is the preacher?
(a) He is sad, but you can only see that in his eyes.
(b) He closes himself off and does not appear upset at all.
(c) He is more angry than upset.
(d) So upset he starts to shake.
3. Which of the following characters does Opal have trouble finding during the storm?
4. What did Winn-Dixie do during the story about Franny's great-grandfather?
(a) Tried to make friends with Amanda.
(b) Knocked over the fan.
(c) Snored on the floor.
(d) Wandered around the library.
5. Why is Opal kind of glad that it is raining?
(a) Because it takes her mind off of Winn-Dixie.
(b) Because it has cooled down the night.
(c) Because she is crying.
(d) Because she is distracted from something.
6. Where does Winn-Dixie often go when he is in the library?
(a) Behind the book shelves.
(b) Right at Opal's feet.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In front of the only fan.
7. How does Gloria react to the two surprises that Opal brings to her?
(a) She asks her to please bring more surprises.
(b) She cries.
(c) She says they are the best surprises she's ever had.
(d) She tells her she doesn't like candy.
8. Who is late at arriving at the party?
(b) Dewberry brothers.
9. Who comes into the library interrupting the story about Franny's great-grandfather?
(b) Sweetie Pie.
10. Why does Opal work particularly slow at her job after Otis tells her why he went to jail?
(a) So that she can keep him company.
(b) She is trying to understand more about him.
(c) She hopes he will play his guitar some more.
(d) She wants to ask more questions.
11. How has Opal filled her heart?
12. What book does Opal decide to read to Gloria Dump?
(a) War of the Worlds.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) Gone with the Wind.
13. What question does Opal ask Otis after she gives him the Littmus lozenge?
(a) Why he doesn't play guitar for others.
(b) Why he went to jail.
(c) If she can have the day off.
(d) If he will go to the library with her later.
14. What did Littmus start?
(a) Candy factory.
(b) Peace organization.
(c) Weapons factory.
15. Who helps Miss Franny get out of the rain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Opal see reflected in the porch light that made her very sad?
2. What does the preacher do after Opal shares things that she has been thinking for a long time?
3. Which of the following descriptions best suites the character of Otis?
4. Who does Opal make sure Otis is introduced to first?
5. How does Opal convince the one hesitant character to come to her party?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)