|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the air after the storm?
(a) Loud and boisterous.
(b) Thick and humid.
(c) Calm with no wind.
(d) Windy and full of humidity.
2. What did Littmus start?
(b) Peace organization.
(c) Weapons factory.
(d) Candy factory.
3. How does Opal indicate she feels when she thinks of her mother?
4. Where does Winn-Dixie often go when he is in the library?
(a) In front of the only fan.
(b) Behind the book shelves.
(c) Right at Opal's feet.
(d) In the basement.
5. Who is Carson?
(a) Amanda's son.
(b) Amanda's father.
(c) Amanda's brother.
(d) Amanda's boyfriend.
6. How old was Littmus when the Civil War began?
7. What is the secret ingredient in the Littmus lozenge?
8. What does Opal accuse the Preacher of doing?
(a) Finding a way to finally make her happy.
(b) Letting her mother run off without trying to make her stay.
(c) Being uncaring and insensitive.
(d) Not caring about Winn-Dixie.
9. What did Otis used to do a lot of the time?
(a) Catch stray animals.
(b) Play guitar on the street for money.
(c) Play in a band.
(d) Drink and use drugs.
10. What does Opal learn that Miss Franny has kept in her drawer in the library for a long time?
(a) Different types of candy from the Littmus company.
(b) A picture of her great-grandfather.
(c) Littmus lozenges.
(d) Civil war memoriblia.
11. Why does Gloria teach Opal to cut off the crusts of the bread?
(a) Because Opal doesn't like the crusts.
(b) So that it looks fancy.
(c) To have more room on the plate.
(d) So everyone is impressed.
12. What question does Opal ask of Gloria in relation to Otis?
(a) Whether or not she should keep working for him.
(b) Whether or not she should take him to the church.
(c) Whether or not she should be afraid of him.
(d) Whether or not she should learn to play the guitar from him.
13. Why is the tension raised at the end of this chapter?
(a) Because Gloria cannot see well.
(b) Because the Preacher's blessing was off.
(c) Because the party is ruined.
(d) Because Winn-Dixie is terrified of thunder storms.
14. Which character suggests that everyone move inside?
(a) Sweetie Pie.
15. Who does Opal make sure Otis is introduced to first?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes out to talk to Opal as she is checking on her new tree?
2. Who is the first character to arrive at the party?
3. What does Opal learn about Gloria that is similar to her mother?
4. What does the preacher do after Opal shares things that she has been thinking for a long time?
5. What sometimes happens to Franny when she is telling a story?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)