|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Otis doing when Opal returns to the house?
(a) Leaving the party.
(b) Playing his guitar.
(c) Playing with the parrot.
(d) Putting a bottle on the tree.
2. What book does Opal decide to read to Gloria Dump?
(a) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) War of the Worlds.
(d) Gone with the Wind.
3. What does Sweetie Pie want to do for Winn-Dixie?
(a) Pick off a dust bunny.
(b) Give him part of their sandwich.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Brush him.
4. Why is the tension raised at the end of this chapter?
(a) Because Winn-Dixie is terrified of thunder storms.
(b) Because the Preacher's blessing was off.
(c) Because the party is ruined.
(d) Because Gloria cannot see well.
5. What does the Preacher have to confront Opal about?
(a) Spending so much time in the library.
(b) Calling the Dewberry boys names.
(c) Visiting Gloria without permission.
(d) Taking Winn-Dixie into the library.
6. Which character suggests that everyone move inside?
(d) Sweetie Pie.
7. Which of the following is an accurate description of Amanda?
8. Who is late at arriving at the party?
(d) Dewberry brothers.
9. Why did Opal see reflected in the porch light that made her very sad?
(a) Winn-Dixie's terrified eyes.
(b) Otis's sad eyes.
(c) Dunlap's bald head.
(d) The bottles on Gloria's tree.
10. Which of the following descriptions best suites the character of Otis?
11. Who is Carson?
(a) Amanda's brother.
(b) Amanda's father.
(c) Amanda's son.
(d) Amanda's boyfriend.
12. Where had Winn-Dixie gone during the storm?
(a) He fell asleep under Gloria's chair.
(b) He had gone under the tree with the bottles.
(c) He had gone back home and hid in the trailer.
(d) He had dug a hole under the house.
13. Why do Opal and Gloria decide the party should be at night?
(a) No one will have to ask off of work.
(b) The moon is prettier.
(c) It will be cooler.
(d) More people are able to attend.
14. Who does Opal have to beg to come in out of the rain?
15. How has Opal filled her heart?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Opal pass the time as they search and cannot find Winn-Dixie?
2. Which of the following terms could be used to describe how Amanda reacts to the story?
3. Why does Gloria tell Opal the bottles were put where they are located?
4. How old was Littmus when the Civil War began?
5. What does Gloria take Opal to see in her yard?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)