|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the secret ingredient in the Littmus lozenge?
2. What do Dunlap and Opal do on the way back to Gloria's house?
3. Why does Amanda begin to cry and run out of the library?
(a) Opal and Franny are mean to her.
(b) She misses Carson.
(c) The candy makes her sick.
(d) Winn-Dixie bit her hard.
4. What does Sweetie Pie want to do for Winn-Dixie?
(a) Give him part of their sandwich.
(b) Pick off a dust bunny.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Brush him.
5. How upset is the preacher?
(a) He is sad, but you can only see that in his eyes.
(b) He closes himself off and does not appear upset at all.
(c) He is more angry than upset.
(d) So upset he starts to shake.
6. What did Franny bring to the party?
(b) LIttmus lozenges.
7. Who does Opal have to beg to come in out of the rain?
8. How has Opal filled her heart?
9. How is the air after the storm?
(a) Windy and full of humidity.
(b) Thick and humid.
(c) Calm with no wind.
(d) Loud and boisterous.
10. What did Winn-Dixie do during the story about Franny's great-grandfather?
(a) Knocked over the fan.
(b) Wandered around the library.
(c) Tried to make friends with Amanda.
(d) Snored on the floor.
11. Which of the following descriptions best suites the character of Otis?
12. How does the preacher describe the lozenge Opal gives him?
(a) A mixture of things he cannot describe.
(b) Sweet flanors blending on his tongue.
(c) Overwhelming sadness.
(d) Sadness mixed with root beer and strawberry.
13. Why couldn't Opal and the preacher find Winn-Dixie?
(a) They didn't look long enough.
(b) He had run home.
(c) He was in the house the whole time.
(d) He is gone because he was too scared.
14. How does Opal think Otis will feel?
15. What does the preacher do after Opal shares things that she has been thinking for a long time?
(b) Becomes very silent.
(c) Walks away.
(d) Gets angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Otis bring to the party?
2. What doesn't Otis want to have to do at the party?
3. What did Amanda say about the Littmus lozenge when she tasted it?
4. Which of the following terms could be used to describe how Amanda reacts to the story?
5. What do the Preacher and Opal notice when they return to Gloria's house?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)