|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Opal have trouble finding during the storm?
2. Who is late at arriving at the party?
(b) Dewberry brothers.
3. Where had Winn-Dixie gone during the storm?
(a) He had gone back home and hid in the trailer.
(b) He fell asleep under Gloria's chair.
(c) He had gone under the tree with the bottles.
(d) He had dug a hole under the house.
4. What does the Preacher tell Opal about her mother?
(a) They are better off without him.
(b) He is glad she is gone.
(c) They both miss her trememdously.
(d) He doesn't think she'll ever come back.
5. How does Opal pass the time as they search and cannot find Winn-Dixie?
(a) Listing 10 things she could put on posters.
(b) Calling out for Winn-Dixie.
(c) Whistling a song she heard Otis play.
(d) Talking about random topics to the preacher.
6. What is the secret ingredient in the Littmus lozenge?
7. What did Otis used to do a lot of the time?
(a) Play in a band.
(b) Catch stray animals.
(c) Drink and use drugs.
(d) Play guitar on the street for money.
8. Why is the tension raised at the end of this chapter?
(a) Because the party is ruined.
(b) Because Gloria cannot see well.
(c) Because the Preacher's blessing was off.
(d) Because Winn-Dixie is terrified of thunder storms.
9. How does the preacher describe the lozenge Opal gives him?
(a) Overwhelming sadness.
(b) A mixture of things he cannot describe.
(c) Sadness mixed with root beer and strawberry.
(d) Sweet flanors blending on his tongue.
10. Who helps Miss Franny get out of the rain?
11. Why couldn't Opal and the preacher find Winn-Dixie?
(a) He is gone because he was too scared.
(b) They didn't look long enough.
(c) He had run home.
(d) He was in the house the whole time.
12. What do Gloria and Opal spend most of the afternoon doing?
(a) Discussing who to invite to the party.
(b) Planning the menu.
(c) Reading the book.
(d) Talking about their feelings.
13. Which character suggests that everyone move inside?
(b) Sweetie Pie.
14. Why does Amanda begin to cry and run out of the library?
(a) The candy makes her sick.
(b) Opal and Franny are mean to her.
(c) She misses Carson.
(d) Winn-Dixie bit her hard.
15. What do the Preacher and Opal notice when they return to Gloria's house?
(a) They see the storm clouds are clearing.
(b) They notice that everyone is back outside.
(c) They see everyone has left.
(d) They hear music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Winn-Dixie do during the story about Franny's great-grandfather?
2. Why does Gloria teach Opal to cut off the crusts of the bread?
3. How does Opal convince the one hesitant character to come to her party?
4. What does Opal learn that Miss Franny has kept in her drawer in the library for a long time?
5. What does Otis tell Opal he is not?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)