|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Opal do when she gets home?
(a) Takes a nap with Winn-Dixie.
(b) Gives Winn-Dixie another bath.
(c) Makes dinner for her and Winn-Dixie.
(d) Tells the Preacher about her day with Gloria and the Dewberrys.
2. What did Opal notice about the dog's fur?
(a) It was matted and needed brushed.
(b) There were places it did not grow.
(c) It was thick and luxurious.
(d) It was dirty.
3. What does Winn-Dixie do when the thunder storm ends?
(a) He crawls under Opal's bed.
(b) Runs up and down the halls.
(c) Crawls up on the couch between the Preacher and Opal.
(d) He runs out of the trailer and barks loudly.
4. What does Opal say she and Winn-Dixie have in common?
(a) They both need a bath.
(b) They are both orphans.
(c) They both love her father.
(d) They both make messes.
5. What did Opal forget to do?
(a) Where her father parked.
(b) Get the dog.
(c) Where she was.
(d) Get groceries.
6. What did Opal tell the store manager about the dog?
(a) That the dog was hers.
(b) That the dog was very smart.
(c) That the dog belonged to the children outside.
(d) That the dog was scared of him.
7. What problem does Opal find with the red leather collar and leash?
(a) They cost more than she can afford.
(b) They are too tight on Winn-Dixie.
(c) Someone else wants to buy them first.
(d) She can't find them in the store.
8. Why doesn't the Preacher's church look like a typical church?
(a) It is in the trailer park.
(b) The town cannot afford a typical church.
(c) It used to be a Pick-It-Quick store.
(d) It recently burnt down.
9. At which of the following places does Opal live?
(a) The Friendly Baptist Church.
(b) The Winn-Dixie Trailer Park.
(c) The Friendly Corners Trailer Park.
(d) The Open Arms Baptist Church.
10. Which of the following best describes how the Preacher lives?
(a) Like a hermit crab in its shell.
(b) Like a fish in a pond.
(c) Like a turtle trapped in its shell.
(d) Like a monkey in a tree.
11. What does Opal want to do with all of the things her father told her?
(a) Memorize them.
(b) Make them into a book.
(c) Write them in her diary.
(d) Act them out.
12. Which of the following terms does Opal use to describe her father?
13. How big did Miss Franny say the bear was?
(a) Bigger than her father.
(b) The size of a German shepherd.
(c) Seven feet tall.
(d) Three times the size of Winn-Dixie.
14. How does Winn-Dixie deal with his fear?
(a) He huddles next to the Preacher and won't move.
(b) He hides under the bed.
(c) He runs back and forth from bedroom to bedroom.
(d) He scratches at the door to go outside.
15. What did Miss Franny think the bear wanted to do?
(a) Make friends with her.
(b) Share her breakfast.
(c) Read a book.
(d) Eat her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the Preacher sees the ugly, matted and smelly dog that Opal brought home?
2. In what season does Opal find Winn-Dixie?
3. What did Gloria Dump offer Opal?
4. Which of the following is not true about Opal's mother's sense of humor?
5. What profession does Opal's father practice?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)