|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dunlap and Stevie Dewberry tell Opal that her dog had gone?
(a) Way deep into the jungle.
(b) Into the witch's house.
(c) Back to the trailer park.
(d) Chasing after the cat with fleas.
2. What do Opal and her father do to Winn-Dixie after the storm to help calm him down?
(a) Let him get into bed with them.
(b) Pet him.
(c) Talk softly to him.
(d) Tie him up outside.
3. What was Winn-Dixie doing when she found him after going through the overgrown yard?
(a) Sitting on an old woman's lap.
(b) Holding his injured paw in the air.
(c) Lying in the grass rolling around.
(d) Eating peanut butter from a woman's hand.
4. What does Opal hear as she is looking through the stacks for a book?
(a) Miss Franny scream.
(b) A car crash outside the library.
(c) Winn-Dixie howling.
(d) Her father calling.
5. What did Miss Franny think she saw outside of the library?
(a) A bear.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A dog.
(d) A coyote.
6. In which two ways was Opal able to improve Winn-Dixie?
(a) He smelled better and sounded better.
(b) He looked better and had more fur.
(c) He looked better and smelled better.
(d) He smelled better and was more obedient.
7. What did Gloria Dump offer Opal?
(a) Some money to cut her grass.
(b) A chair and drink.
(c) Peanut butter sandwich.
(d) A kitten.
8. What did the Preacher tell Opal that he couldn't give Opal's mother when they were running?
(a) A clear line.
(b) A pair of sneakers.
(c) A wooded path.
(d) A head start.
9. Where does Opal head with Winn-Dixie at the beginning of chapter twelve?
(a) Head to the church with Opal's father.
(b) Head to the pet shop.
(c) Go to see Gloria.
(d) Go to visit Miss Fanny.
10. What does Opal say she and Winn-Dixie have in common?
(a) They are both orphans.
(b) They both need a bath.
(c) They both make messes.
(d) They both love her father.
11. What does Opal think the dog will do for her father?
(a) He will be a good influence on her father.
(b) He will help keep him in the trailer.
(c) He will make his job easier.
(d) He will help him in his job.
12. Which of the following best describes how the Preacher lives?
(a) Like a hermit crab in its shell.
(b) Like a monkey in a tree.
(c) Like a fish in a pond.
(d) Like a turtle trapped in its shell.
13. How big did Miss Franny say the bear was?
(a) Seven feet tall.
(b) The size of a German shepherd.
(c) Bigger than her father.
(d) Three times the size of Winn-Dixie.
14. Which of the following traits do both Opal and the Preacher share?
15. Where is Opal's favorite place to be?
(a) The library.
(b) The church.
(c) The pet store.
(d) The garden at Gloria's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which phrase best captures the theme of this chapter?
2. What does Winn-Dixie do when the Preacher calls him?
3. In what state does this story take place?
4. Which of the following seems to be true about Opal's relationship with her father?
5. What topic did Opal approach with her father after she finished with Winn-Dixie?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)