|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miss Franny think she saw outside of the library?
(a) A bear.
(b) A dog.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A wolf.
2. What does Winn-Dixie do to the mouse to keep it from escaping?
(a) Drops it in Opal's hand.
(b) Steps on its tail.
(c) Takes it outside.
(d) Holds it in his mouth.
3. What did Miss Franny think the bear wanted to do?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Make friends with her.
(c) Eat her.
(d) Share her breakfast.
4. Who is the Preacher that Opal refers to continually?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her preacher.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Her uncle.
5. What instrument does Opal find out that Otis plays?
6. What does Gloria suggest she and Opal do together?
(a) Take Winn-Dixie for a walk.
(b) Plant a tree.
(c) Mow the yard.
(d) Go to the store.
7. What does Opal offer to do to help pay for the leash and collar?
(a) Sweep floors.
(b) Take the dogs for walks.
(c) Advertise for the store.
(d) Clean animal cages.
8. About how old was Miss Franny when the bear got into the library?
9. Which of the following could be a theme for this chapter?
10. Where does Opal spend a lot of her time in the summer?
(d) Trailer park.
11. What book was Miss Franny reading when she confronted the bear?
(a) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(b) Gone with the Wind.
(c) The encyclopedia.
(d) War and Peace.
12. Which of the following is not true about Opal's mother's sense of humor?
(a) She loved to laugh.
(b) She was funny.
(c) She had a laugh that people found annoying.
(d) She could tell a joke.
13. Which of the following best describes how the Preacher lives?
(a) Like a fish in a pond.
(b) Like a monkey in a tree.
(c) Like a turtle trapped in its shell.
(d) Like a hermit crab in its shell.
14. Which of the following traits do both Opal and the Preacher share?
15. Which of the following characters invites Opal to a birthday party?
(c) Sweetie Pie Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Opal confess to Winn-Dixie?
2. Where is Opal's favorite place to be?
3. Where do Opal and Winn-Dixie go early every morning?
4. Why did Opal decide to take the dog home to the Preacher?
5. How many staff members are there running the library?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)