|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Opal learn about Otis?
(a) He doesn't like people to hear him play his music.
(b) He was in jail.
(c) He wants Opal to help out more in the pet store.
(d) He is embarrassed by his music.
2. What did the manager of the grocery store want to do with the dog?
(a) Take him to the pound.
(b) Make him the store mascot.
(c) Take him home with him.
(d) Have him put down.
3. In what season does Opal find Winn-Dixie?
4. What topic did Opal approach with her father after she finished with Winn-Dixie?
(a) Her new school.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her old friends.
5. Which of the following things doesn't Opal tell Gloria about?
(a) Ten things about her mother.
(b) The bear in the library.
(c) Finding Winn-Dixie in the grocery store.
(d) Being the daughter of a preacher.
6. What does Winn-Dixie do that leads people to believe that he is listening to the Preacher's service?
(a) He stares at the Preacher.
(b) He lays his head on Opal's lap.
(c) He perks up his ears.
(d) He walks from member to member during the service.
7. Which of the following things can Opal do very well?
(b) Plant things.
(d) Name constellations.
8. What instrument does Opal find out that Otis plays?
9. What does Opal think about Amanda Wilkinson?
(a) She walks around with a pinched face all the time.
(b) She is mean to Miss Franny.
(c) She loves dogs.
(d) She wants to be friends with Opal.
10. What kind of fear does the Preacher say Winn-Dixie has?
11. Which of the following is not an accurate description of the dog Opal sees?
(a) He was ugly.
(b) He was spotted.
(c) He was big.
(d) He was smelly.
12. What color theme is Sweetie Pie's birthday party?
13. What do Opal and her father do to Winn-Dixie after the storm to help calm him down?
(a) Talk softly to him.
(b) Let him get into bed with them.
(c) Pet him.
(d) Tie him up outside.
14. Which phrase best captures the theme of this chapter?
(a) Working together is always better.
(b) Loneliness leads to sadness.
(c) Appearances can be deceptive.
(d) Knowing is not judging.
15. What does Opal think the dog will do for her father?
(a) He will help him in his job.
(b) He will help keep him in the trailer.
(c) He will be a good influence on her father.
(d) He will make his job easier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winn-Dixie do when the Preacher calls him?
2. What does Winn-Dixie do to the mouse to keep it from escaping?
3. How does Opal describe the Preacher to the dog?
4. Where does Opal spend a lot of her time in the summer?
5. Which of the following positive traits does Opal show in this novel so far?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)