|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following things can Opal do very well?
(c) Name constellations.
(d) Plant things.
2. What does Winn-Dixie do whenever he is tied up somewhere?
(d) Chews through the rope.
3. What did Miss Franny think she saw outside of the library?
(a) A bear.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A dog.
(d) A coyote.
4. What does Winn-Dixie do when the thunder storm ends?
(a) He runs out of the trailer and barks loudly.
(b) Runs up and down the halls.
(c) Crawls up on the couch between the Preacher and Opal.
(d) He crawls under Opal's bed.
5. What instrument does Opal find out that Otis plays?
6. What do Opal and the Preacher learn about Winn-Dixie?
(a) He gets smelly and dirty very fast.
(b) He cannot hear very well.
(c) His favorite thing to do is howl.
(d) He doesn't like to be alone.
7. Where does Opal head with Winn-Dixie at the beginning of chapter twelve?
(a) Head to the pet shop.
(b) Go to see Gloria.
(c) Head to the church with Opal's father.
(d) Go to visit Miss Fanny.
8. What did Opal tell the store manager about the dog?
(a) That the dog belonged to the children outside.
(b) That the dog was hers.
(c) That the dog was scared of him.
(d) That the dog was very smart.
9. Which of the following is an accurate description of how the Preacher feels about Winn-Dixie after Opal finishes with him?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is impressed.
(d) He is disgusted.
10. What is one of the first things Opal does to Winn-Dixie?
(a) Finds him a place to sleep.
(b) Gives him a bath.
(c) Brushes his fur.
(d) Feeds him.
11. How does Winn-Dixie deal with his fear?
(a) He scratches at the door to go outside.
(b) He hides under the bed.
(c) He huddles next to the Preacher and won't move.
(d) He runs back and forth from bedroom to bedroom.
12. How does the preacher surprise Opal after they see how Winn-Dixie responds to the thunder storms?
(a) He says that they need to find Winn-Dixie a new home.
(b) He says that Winn-Dixie needs to be trained on what to do when he is scared.
(c) He says that they must teach Winn-Dixie how to better handle thunderstorms.
(d) He does not say they have to get rid of him and in fact talks about how to keep him safe.
13. In what way was Opal's mother's appearance just like Opal's?
(a) They both had hazel eyes.
(b) They both had red hair and freckles.
(c) They both had curly hair.
(d) They both had permanent tan.
14. What did Opal forget to do?
(a) Where her father parked.
(b) Get groceries.
(c) Where she was.
(d) Get the dog.
15. What does Opal want to do with all of the things her father told her?
(a) Write them in her diary.
(b) Make them into a book.
(c) Act them out.
(d) Memorize them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Opal go to Gertrude's Pets?
2. What does Winn-Dixie do to the mouse to keep it from escaping?
3. Why does Miss Franny allow Winn-Dixie in the library?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Opal reacts to Gloria?
5. Where does Winn-Dixie go during the time the Preacher is telling Opal about her mother?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)