|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Opal want to do with all of the things her father told her?
(a) Act them out.
(b) Make them into a book.
(c) Write them in her diary.
(d) Memorize them.
2. What did Miss Franny think she saw outside of the library?
(a) A bear.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A dog.
3. Which phrase best captures the theme of this chapter?
(a) Working together is always better.
(b) Appearances can be deceptive.
(c) Knowing is not judging.
(d) Loneliness leads to sadness.
4. Why does Opal want to remember the things her father told her?
(a) So that she will always have some memory of her mother.
(b) So that she can ask other questions of her father later.
(c) So she will recognize her mother if she comes back.
(d) So that she can search for her mother.
5. What did Winn-Dixie do seemingly to try to get the Preacher to share information?
(a) Pushed Opal toward the Preacher.
(b) Nudged his nose to the Preacher's arms.
(c) Laid his head in the Preacher's lap.
(d) Barked at the Preacher.
6. What instrument does Opal find out that Otis plays?
7. How does Opal feel about her mother?
(a) She misses her.
(b) She is angry with her.
(c) She does not like her.
(d) She is unsure how to feel.
8. Which of the following was one of the things Opal's mother was not good at doing?
(d) Listening to stories.
9. What do Opal and the Preacher learn that Winn-Dixie is afraid of?
(d) Tall men.
10. What profession does Opal's father practice?
(b) Grocery manager.
11. Which of the following is not an accurate description of the dog Opal sees?
(a) He was spotted.
(b) He was ugly.
(c) He was smelly.
(d) He was big.
12. What does Winn-Dixie do whenever he is tied up somewhere?
(d) Chews through the rope.
13. Where does Opal spend a lot of her time in the summer?
(b) Trailer park.
14. What decision does the Preacher make in regards to Winn-Dixie?
(a) He has found himself a home.
(b) He needs to go back to the grocery store.
(c) He must go to the pound.
(d) He cannot live inside the house.
15. Which of the following would be an accurate description of how Opal's life in town is now?
(a) It is becoming sadder.
(b) It is staying the same.
(c) It is still very lonely.
(d) It is getting better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first name that came to Opal for the dog?
2. What does Winn-Dixie do that leads people to believe that he is listening to the Preacher's service?
3. Which of the following things doesn't Opal tell Gloria about?
4. Why does Opal tell God that the other children who are available don't want to play with her?
5. Why did Opal settle on the specific number she did in regards to the number of things she wanted to know about her mother?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)