|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miss Franny think the bear wanted to do?
(a) Share her breakfast.
(b) Make friends with her.
(c) Read a book.
(d) Eat her.
2. Most of the things that happen to Opal during the summer are because of who?
(a) Miss Franny.
(c) Her father and members of the church.
(d) Otis and her job at the pet store.
3. Why does Opal want to remember the things her father told her?
(a) So that she can search for her mother.
(b) So that she can ask other questions of her father later.
(c) So she will recognize her mother if she comes back.
(d) So that she will always have some memory of her mother.
4. How does Opal feel about her mother?
(a) She misses her.
(b) She does not like her.
(c) She is angry with her.
(d) She is unsure how to feel.
5. Which of the following seems to be true about Opal's relationship with her father?
(a) She does not trust him.
(b) She seems afraid of him.
(c) She does not like him.
(d) She can manipulate him.
6. Why did Opal decide to take the dog home to the Preacher?
(a) To get him out of the store.
(b) To see if they could help him.
(c) To find someone in the church to keep him.
(d) To save his life.
7. Which of the following is an accurate description of how the Preacher feels about Winn-Dixie after Opal finishes with him?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is impressed.
(d) He is disgusted.
8. How many staff members are there running the library?
9. What did Miss Franny actually see outside of the library?
(b) A bear.
(c) A dog.
(d) A wolfe.
10. What did Miss Franny think she saw outside of the library?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bear.
11. Where do Opal and Winn-Dixie go early every morning?
(a) The pet store.
(b) The church.
(c) To visit Gloria.
(d) To the library.
12. What did Opal notice about the dog's fur?
(a) There were places it did not grow.
(b) It was matted and needed brushed.
(c) It was thick and luxurious.
(d) It was dirty.
13. What happens when the Preacher sees the ugly, matted and smelly dog that Opal brought home?
(a) He sends him out of their house right away.
(b) He tries to think of someone who will take him.
(c) He is repulsed by him.
(d) He falls in love with him.
14. What does Opal hear when she walks into the grocery store?
(a) The manager calling for help.
(b) A dog barking wildly.
(c) Women screaming looking for their lost dog.
(d) The manager yelling about a dog.
15. What did Gloria Dump offer Opal?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A chair and drink.
(c) Peanut butter sandwich.
(d) Some money to cut her grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What agreement did Opal make with the Preacher?
2. What did Opal forget to do?
3. Which phrase best captures the theme of this chapter?
4. In which two ways was Opal able to improve Winn-Dixie?
5. Which of the following things doesn't Opal tell Gloria about?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)