Short Answer Key
1. In what state does this story take place?
2. What profession does Opal's father practice?
3. What does Opal hear when she walks into the grocery store?
The manager yelling about a dog.
4. Which of the following is not an accurate description of the dog Opal sees?
He was spotted.
5. What did the dog do when it saw Opal?
6. What did the manager of the grocery store want to do with the dog?
Take him to the pound.
7. What did Opal tell the store manager about the dog?
That the dog was hers.
8. What was the first name that came to Opal for the dog?
The name of the grocery store.
9. What did Opal forget to do?
10. What did Opal notice about the dog's fur?
There were places it did not grow.
This section contains 2,562 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)