|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the Preacher sees the ugly, matted and smelly dog that Opal brought home?
(a) He falls in love with him.
(b) He tries to think of someone who will take him.
(c) He is repulsed by him.
(d) He sends him out of their house right away.
2. Which of the following terms best describes how Opal reacts to Gloria?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is disgusted.
(d) She is enchanted.
3. How does Opal treat Winn-Dixie?
(a) Like a burden.
(b) Like a friend.
(c) Like her mother.
(d) Like a dog.
4. Why did Opal decide to take the dog home to the Preacher?
(a) To save his life.
(b) To find someone in the church to keep him.
(c) To see if they could help him.
(d) To get him out of the store.
5. What happens when Otis stops playing music?
(a) The animals become mean.
(b) The animals walk back to their cages.
(c) The animals whine begging for more.
(d) The animals run around the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Miss Franny actually see outside of the library?
2. Which of the following characters is a parrot?
3. What did Opal's mother do that often caused fights between the Preacher and Opal's mother?
4. What did Opal notice about the dog's fur?
5. Where does Winn-Dixie go during the time the Preacher is telling Opal about her mother?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)