|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What agreement did Opal make with the Preacher?
(a) To follow instructions and bring home groceries.
(b) To always be quiet.
(c) Not to bring home any dogs.
(d) To care for those that are less fortunate.
2. Which of the following positive traits does Opal show in this novel so far?
(a) Obedience to authority figures.
(b) Surprising people.
(c) Standing up for those who can't.
(d) A deep compassion for people.
3. What event happens within the store that secures Opal's job at the store?
(a) The parrot lands on Winn-Dixie's head.
(b) Sweetie Pie Thomas vouches for her.
(c) The store owner learns Opal's father's occupation.
(d) Miss Franny vouches for Opal.
4. Which of the following things can Opal do very well?
(c) Plant things.
(d) Name constellations.
5. In what season does Opal find Winn-Dixie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Opal tell the store manager about the dog?
2. What does Winn-Dixie do whenever he is tied up somewhere?
3. Why did Opal decide to take the dog home to the Preacher?
4. Where does Opal spend a lot of her time in the summer?
5. Why does Opal tell God that the other children who are available don't want to play with her?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)