|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following could be a theme for this chapter?
2. What happens when the Preacher sees the ugly, matted and smelly dog that Opal brought home?
(a) He is repulsed by him.
(b) He falls in love with him.
(c) He tries to think of someone who will take him.
(d) He sends him out of their house right away.
3. What did Opal tell the store manager about the dog?
(a) That the dog was scared of him.
(b) That the dog belonged to the children outside.
(c) That the dog was very smart.
(d) That the dog was hers.
4. Which of the following best describes how the Preacher lives?
(a) Like a monkey in a tree.
(b) Like a turtle trapped in its shell.
(c) Like a fish in a pond.
(d) Like a hermit crab in its shell.
5. What did Winn-Dixie do seemingly to try to get the Preacher to share information?
(a) Pushed Opal toward the Preacher.
(b) Barked at the Preacher.
(c) Laid his head in the Preacher's lap.
(d) Nudged his nose to the Preacher's arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winn-Dixie do when the Preacher calls him?
2. Which of the following seems to be true about Opal's relationship with her father?
3. How does Opal treat Winn-Dixie?
4. Which of the following positive traits does Opal show in this novel so far?
5. How does Opal describe the Preacher to the dog?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)