|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does this story take place?
(b) North Carolina.
(d) New York.
2. Which of the following is not true about Opal's mother's sense of humor?
(a) She loved to laugh.
(b) She could tell a joke.
(c) She had a laugh that people found annoying.
(d) She was funny.
3. Which of the following is an accurate description of how the Preacher feels about Winn-Dixie after Opal finishes with him?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is disgusted.
(c) He is impressed.
(d) He is relieved.
4. What does Opal hear when she walks into the grocery store?
(a) Women screaming looking for their lost dog.
(b) The manager calling for help.
(c) A dog barking wildly.
(d) The manager yelling about a dog.
5. What topic did Opal approach with her father after she finished with Winn-Dixie?
(b) Her new school.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her old friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season does Opal find Winn-Dixie?
2. What was the first name that came to Opal for the dog?
3. What did the manager of the grocery store want to do with the dog?
4. Why does Opal want to remember the things her father told her?
5. What happens when the Preacher sees the ugly, matted and smelly dog that Opal brought home?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)