|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Preacher that Opal refers to continually?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Her preacher.
2. Where does Opal spend a lot of her time in the summer?
(b) Trailer park.
3. What does Opal think the dog will do for her father?
(a) He will help him in his job.
(b) He will help keep him in the trailer.
(c) He will be a good influence on her father.
(d) He will make his job easier.
4. What agreement did Opal make with the Preacher?
(a) To follow instructions and bring home groceries.
(b) To care for those that are less fortunate.
(c) To always be quiet.
(d) Not to bring home any dogs.
5. What does Opal say she and Winn-Dixie have in common?
(a) They both love her father.
(b) They both make messes.
(c) They are both orphans.
(d) They both need a bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the Preacher sees the ugly, matted and smelly dog that Opal brought home?
2. Why does Opal go to Gertrude's Pets?
3. Why doesn't the Preacher's church look like a typical church?
4. In what season does Opal find Winn-Dixie?
5. How many staff members are there running the library?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)