1. In what state does this story take place?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) New York.
2. What profession does Opal's father practice?
(a) Grocery manager.
3. What does Opal hear when she walks into the grocery store?
(a) Women screaming looking for their lost dog.
(b) A dog barking wildly.
(c) The manager yelling about a dog.
(d) The manager calling for help.
4. Which of the following is not an accurate description of the dog Opal sees?
(a) He was ugly.
(b) He was smelly.
(c) He was spotted.
(d) He was big.
5. What did the dog do when it saw Opal?
(d) Hid behind her.
6. What did the manager of the grocery store want to do with the dog?
(a) Have him put down.
(b) Take him to the pound.
(c) Take him home with him.
(d) Make him the store mascot.
7. What did Opal tell the store manager about the dog?
(a) That the dog was very smart.
(b) That the dog belonged to the children outside.
(c) That the dog was scared of him.
(d) That the dog was hers.
This section contains 4,932 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)