|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the place Laurent is mounted as punishment?
(a) Torture Circle.
(b) Punishment Cross.
(c) Danger Zone.
(d) Death Row.
2. What does the master tell the slaves that they must do at all times?
(a) Walk with excellent posture.
(b) Eat on the floor.
(d) Bow their heads.
3. Which slave receives anal probing as a punishment?
4. When she is kidnapped, who is Beauty forced to serve?
5. According to Beauty, what type of life feels most natural to her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the master?
2. Who raids the village?
3. Who, in disguise, released Beauty from being tied up?
4. Which of the following happens after Beauty falls asleep alone in the chamber, tied up?
5. Which of the following tone changes are consistent with the occurrences in "The Watcher"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tristan first feel that Laurent is disturbing the order of the sultanate?
2. What are the two ways that Laurent distinguishes himself in the sultan's court?
3. What does Beauty question about the harem that is also an instance of foreshadowing?
4. Describe Laurent and Tristan's treatment as ponies.
5. What is the first instance of humanization for the slaves?
6. What elements of foreshadowing are present in "Through the City and Into the Palace"?
7. After the sexual experience that Laurent and Lexius share, how do both men feel?
8. How have Beauty, Tristan, and Laurent changed since they arrived at the sultan's palace?
9. What fate does the queen determine for Lexius when the ship lands at shore?
10. What is Laurent's response to Tristan being chosen by the sultan?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)