|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the master inspect last?
2. When she is kidnapped, who is Beauty forced to serve?
3. Beauty seem most fearful of _____________.
(a) Being used as a human statue.
(b) Meeting the sultana.
(c) Meeting the sultan.
(d) Having sex with the beautiful women.
4. When Beauty is taken into a chamber after Lexius talks to the group, what happens?
(a) She is given books to read.
(b) She is taught how to behave.
(c) She has sex with the grooms.
(d) She is cleaned.
5. Where would Laurent chase women in the morning when he served his mistress?
(a) Through the garden.
(b) Through the forest.
(c) Through the castle.
(d) Through his mistress' room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before being kidnapped did Laurent run away from his mistress' household?
2. How do both Laurent and Lexius feel after their sexual encounter?
3. When the master inspects Beauty, what does he slap?
4. When Laurent compares his mistress to Beauty, what does he think makes the difference in regards to love?
5. What is the name of the master?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of memories does Laurent have about Lady Elvera?
2. Why does Inanna dress as a man to release Beauty from her constraints?
3. Why does Tristan first feel that Laurent is disturbing the order of the sultanate?
4. What are the similarities and differences between the animalistic treatment in the sultanate and the queendom?
5. How does the examination the slaves undergo show dehumanization and degradation?
6. How is irony present when the master addresses the slaves?
7. What proves to Laurent that Lexius enjoyed their rendezvous?
8. How is the sexuality of the prisoners suppressed?
9. What fate does the queen determine for Lexius when the ship lands at shore?
10. What happens when the ship anchors?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)