|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Beauty is taken into a chamber after Lexius talks to the group, what happens?
(a) She has sex with the grooms.
(b) She is cleaned.
(c) She is taught how to behave.
(d) She is given books to read.
2. To what is Laurent's chained hooked?
(a) Beauty's chain.
(b) The master's slipper.
(c) The sultan's coat.
(d) The master's coat.
3. When Lexius guides Beauty to a small opening in a wall, which of the following things does Beauty see?
(a) An army.
(b) The queen.
4. What is obvious about the master?
(a) He is demanding.
(b) He is very sensual.
(c) He does not like the sultan.
(d) He is a scoundrel.
5. What happens to the male slaves after they enter the garden?
(a) They are mounted on crosses.
(b) They are introduced to the harem.
(c) They meet the harem and the sultan.
(d) They are locked in a room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is done with Beauty's hair?
2. What does Laurent do in an attempt to delay his punishment?
3. What does Beauty realize carries no weight in her life as a slave?
4. What does Lexius apply to Beauty's body when she is clean?
5. When the master inspects Beauty, what does he slap?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laurent's insistence that Lexius be taken back to the queen tell the reader?
2. Describe Laurent and Tristan's treatment as ponies.
3. What does the master require of the slaves?
4. What are the two ways that Laurent distinguishes himself in the sultan's court?
5. Describe the types of love that Laurent considers.
6. How does Beauty show that she has not adjusted to royal life?
7. What relationships can the reader expect to be explored in this novel?
8. What was the Claiming of Sleeping Beauty about?
9. Describe the language used in reference to sexuality.
10. How does Laurent try to escape punishment, and what result does it have?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)