|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a sign that Lexius is willingly participating in sex with Laurent?
(a) He gives vocal consent.
(b) He could easily summon servants.
(c) He winks at Laurent.
(d) He tells Laurent what to do.
2. Who is Tristan in love with?
(a) His master.
(b) The king.
3. When Lexius guides Beauty to a small opening in a wall, which of the following things does Beauty see?
(a) An army.
(b) The queen.
4. Which of the following fears are shown when Beauty sees the women in the courtyard?
(a) Being sexually aroused.
(b) Being forced into engaging in sexual intercourse.
(c) Pleasuring a large number of people.
(d) Meeting new people.
5. According to Beauty, who is ashamed of their sexual urges?
(b) The sultana.
(c) The sultan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Laurent regret?
2. What does the master tell the slaves that they must do at all times?
3. What does the attendants' preparation of the slaves signify?
4. What type of man approaches Beauty as she is bound in the chamber?
5. What is the name of the place Laurent is mounted as punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What emotions does Beauty face during the cleaning process?
2. How does foreshadowing occur when the master addresses the slaves?
3. Describe the examination of the slaves.
4. What is the significance behind the point of view in "Through the City and Into the Palace"?
5. Why are the women in the harem, including Inanna, curious about Beauty?
6. Describe the sultan.
7. Describe the tone change from desolation to eeriness in "The Watcher."
8. What fate does the queen determine for Laurent and Tristan?
9. How does the examination the slaves undergo show dehumanization and degradation?
10. How have Beauty, Tristan, and Laurent changed since they arrived at the sultan's palace?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)