|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Laurent feel when he sees what his punishment is going to be?
2. Beauty seem most fearful of _____________.
(a) Meeting the sultana.
(b) Having sex with the beautiful women.
(c) Meeting the sultan.
(d) Being used as a human statue.
3. Who seems to acknowledge that the slaves are humans?
(a) The sultan.
(b) An attendant.
(c) A villager.
(d) The master.
4. From what point of view is Beauty's story told?
(a) Limited third person.
(b) First person.
(c) Omniscient third person.
(d) Second person.
5. In the queen's court, what was Beauty's role?
(b) Naked princess.
(c) Sex slave.
(d) Child watcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beauty notice about herself and the other slaves?
2. Where was Beauty kidnapped from?
3. What is the next process that the slaves have to go through after the master talks to them?
4. Which of the following fears are shown when Beauty sees the women in the courtyard?
5. With what are Beauty's legs bound?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the sexual experience that Laurent and Lexius share, how do both men feel?
2. How is Beauty's intellect shown for the first time?
3. What relationships can the reader expect to be explored in this novel?
4. Describe the types of love that Laurent considers.
5. What is a result of the master's gentleness with the slaves?
6. What is the first instance of humanization for the slaves?
7. What fate does the queen determine for Laurent and Tristan?
8. Describe the language used in reference to sexuality.
9. Why is the tone of the novel inconsistent with the events?
10. Why do you think Beauty is placed on the ship?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)