|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laurent run away from his mistress?
(a) He is unhappy.
(b) She will not have sex with him.
(c) She has threatened him.
(d) He enjoys the fear of running away.
2. According to Beauty, who is ashamed of their sexual urges?
(c) The sultan.
(d) The sultana.
3. For what does Lexius get out a whip to punish Laurent?
(a) Speaking in the palace.
(b) Stealing food.
(c) Touching Tristan.
(d) Not following orders.
4. When Laurent compares his mistress to Beauty, what does he think makes the difference in regards to love?
5. When three men enter the garden, who does the most important approach first?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the slaves are lifted and carried in a procession, where are they heading?
2. What does Laurent do in an attempt to delay his punishment?
3. Why is Beauty sent to the village?
4. In the queen's court, what was Beauty's role?
5. Which of the following happens after Beauty falls asleep alone in the chamber, tied up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does foreshadowing occur when the master addresses the slaves?
2. What does Laurent's insistence that Lexius be taken back to the queen tell the reader?
3. How does Laurent try to escape punishment, and what result does it have?
4. Describe the types of love that Laurent considers.
5. How is irony present when the master addresses the slaves?
6. Why does Laurent claim that the sex slaves' current position is degrading?
7. Why does Inanna dress as a man to release Beauty from her constraints?
8. Describe the tone change from desolation to eeriness in "The Watcher."
9. Why does Laurent begin crying in the sultan's bedchamber?
10. Why did Laurent run away from Lady Elvera's house?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)