|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his conversation about love with Beauty, what does Laurent conclude about his mistress?
(a) His love for his mistress is just like Beauty and Tristan's love.
(b) His love for his mistress is like Beauty's idea of love.
(c) His love for his mistress is like Tritsan's love for his master.
(d) His love for his mistress is different from Beauty's idea of love and Tristan's love for his master.
2. Where does Laurent wake up?
(a) On a ship.
(b) In a stable.
(c) In the sultan's palace.
(d) On a horse.
3. What is the name of the master?
4. To what is Laurent's chained hooked?
(a) Beauty's chain.
(b) The master's slipper.
(c) The master's coat.
(d) The sultan's coat.
5. What was Beauty's role in court?
(a) Royal advisor.
(b) Royal mistress.
(c) Royal chef.
(d) Royal sex slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beauty realize, in horror, that human are used as for the sultan?
2. Who dares to look into the master's eyes?
3. What does the master say that the sultan requires?
4. When Beauty thinks she is about to collapse, who appears to hold her as she is dried?
5. Who, in disguise, released Beauty from being tied up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Beauty is placed on the ship?
2. What is a result of the master's gentleness with the slaves?
3. Who is Beauty?
4. What becomes of Tristan after his time spent as a pony?
5. Why does Laurent begin crying in the sultan's bedchamber?
6. Describe Beauty's emotions when she sees the harem on the other side of the wall.
7. What is the significance behind the point of view in "Through the City and Into the Palace"?
8. What was Beauty's Punishment about?
9. What elements of foreshadowing are present in "Through the City and Into the Palace"?
10. What type of life is Beauty used to?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)