|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is Laurent's chained hooked?
(a) The master's coat.
(b) The master's slipper.
(c) The sultan's coat.
(d) Beauty's chain.
2. How does Laurent feel about being punished in front of the village?
(a) He thinks it was more degrading than his current position.
(b) He is ashamed.
(c) He enjoys it.
(d) He fears he will be killed.
3. Which slave receives anal probing as a punishment?
4. What does the master say that the sultan requires?
5. What does Beauty realize about the sultana's body?
(a) She has received plastic surgery.
(b) She was originally a man.
(c) Her genitals have been mutilated.
(d) She is slightly deformed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the master's official title?
2. What does Beauty notice about herself and the other slaves?
3. Beauty a favorite of __________.
4. What did Tristan become?
5. When Laurent compares his mistress to Beauty, what does he think makes the difference in regards to love?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the master require of the slaves?
2. How does Laurent try to escape punishment, and what result does it have?
3. What kind of life does Beauty want for herself?
4. Who is Beauty?
5. What was Beauty's Punishment about?
6. What is the significance behind the point of view in "Through the City and Into the Palace"?
7. How is Beauty's intellect shown for the first time?
8. Describe the examination of the slaves.
9. What is Laurent's response to Tristan being chosen by the sultan?
10. Why does Tristan first feel that Laurent is disturbing the order of the sultanate?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)