|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raids the village?
(b) The sultan's men.
(d) The king's men.
2. Which of the following happens after Beauty falls asleep alone in the chamber, tied up?
(a) Somebody secretly watches her.
(b) Somebody throws something at her.
(c) Somebody comes in to talk to her.
(d) She is given a sponge bath.
3. Who, in disguise, released Beauty from being tied up?
(a) The sultana.
(d) The sultan.
4. Who is Tristan in love with?
(a) The king.
(d) His master.
5. Which of the following is a theme in the relationship between Laurent and Lexius?
(c) Role reversal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which three characters are foreshadowed to have a strange relationship?
2. What does the master tell the slaves that they must do at all times?
3. In which of the following does Laurent allude to being interested?
4. For what does Lexius get out a whip to punish Laurent?
5. What was Beauty's role in court?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Beauty is placed on the ship?
2. How have Beauty, Tristan, and Laurent changed since they arrived at the sultan's palace?
3. Why does Laurent decide to get married?
4. What element of parallelism is present in "For the Love of the Master"?
5. What proves to Laurent that Lexius enjoyed their rendezvous?
6. How is irony present when the master addresses the slaves?
7. Why does Inanna dress as a man to release Beauty from her constraints?
8. Why does Laurent claim that the sex slaves' current position is degrading?
9. How is Beauty's intellect shown for the first time?
10. What is the first instance of humanization for the slaves?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)