|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which slave receives anal probing as a punishment?
2. What does Beauty realize that the women in the harem are not supposed to feel?
3. Whom does Beauty most want to serve?
(a) Her old master.
4. Whom does the master inspect last?
5. What does the master say that the sultan requires?
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Beauty, which other slaves are taken behind Laurent?
2. Where are the four slaves led?
3. Which of the following is ironic?
4. What does Laurent do in an attempt to delay his punishment?
5. What does Beauty realize about the sultana's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the language used in reference to sexuality.
2. What does Beauty question about the harem that is also an instance of foreshadowing?
3. What is the example of irony present in "The First Test of Obedience"?
4. How is the sexuality of the prisoners suppressed?
5. Why are the women in the harem, including Inanna, curious about Beauty?
6. Why does Laurent begin crying in the sultan's bedchamber?
7. What will Beauty's fate be when the ship hits shore?
8. Why does Tristan first feel that Laurent is disturbing the order of the sultanate?
9. What fate does the queen determine for Laurent and Tristan?
10. How does Beauty show that she has not adjusted to royal life?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)