|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what are Beauty's legs bound?
2. What is the name of the master?
3. What is the master's official title?
(a) Sultan's Special Groomsman.
(b) Sultan's Quality Control Groom.
(c) Sultan's Equestrian Steward.
(d) Sultan's Chief Steward of the Grooms.
4. When Lexius guides Beauty to a small opening in a wall, which of the following things does Beauty see?
(c) An army.
(d) The queen.
5. Which of the following is an element of foreshadowing in the novel?
(a) Beauty wants to get a paying job.
(b) Beauty catches the eye of the sultan immediately.
(c) Beauty wants to find love.
(d) Beauty wants to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the master inspire in the slaves?
2. Who seems to acknowledge that the slaves are humans?
3. What color is the mesh that Laurent's fellow captives are wearing between their legs?
4. According to Beauty, who is ashamed of their sexual urges?
5. Who raids the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the examination of the slaves show the feeling of the slaves?
2. What does Laurent's insistence that Lexius be taken back to the queen tell the reader?
3. What are the similarities and differences between the animalistic treatment in the sultanate and the queendom?
4. Describe Laurent and Tristan's treatment as ponies.
5. How does Laurent try to escape punishment, and what result does it have?
6. How is Beauty's intellect shown for the first time?
7. After the sexual experience that Laurent and Lexius share, how do both men feel?
8. How have Beauty, Tristan, and Laurent changed since they arrived at the sultan's palace?
9. What are the signs that the sex between Laurent and Lexius was consensual?
10. What is the example of irony present in "The First Test of Obedience"?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)