|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which of the following does Laurent allude to being interested?
(b) Owning a slave.
(c) Being the sultan's slave.
(d) Finding Beauty.
2. With what are Beauty's legs bound?
3. When Beauty thinks she is about to collapse, who appears to hold her as she is dried?
(a) The sultan.
4. Who dares to look into the master's eyes?
(c) The sultan.
5. Which of the following happens after Beauty falls asleep alone in the chamber, tied up?
(a) Somebody throws something at her.
(b) She is given a sponge bath.
(c) Somebody comes in to talk to her.
(d) Somebody secretly watches her.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Beauty seem to have the most mutual attraction?
2. When Laurent considers his current position as a sex slave, how does he see the situation as a result of his equality with his mistress?
3. How long before being kidnapped did Laurent run away from his mistress' household?
4. What does the queen's emissary warn the prisoners of when they are kidnapped?
5. Which of the following fears are shown when Beauty sees the women in the courtyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first instance of humanization for the slaves?
2. Why does Laurent claim that the sex slaves' current position is degrading?
3. Why does Laurent decide to get married?
4. How does Laurent try to escape punishment, and what result does it have?
5. How is Beauty's intellect shown for the first time?
6. What are the signs that the sex between Laurent and Lexius was consensual?
7. What does the master require of the slaves?
8. Why are the slaves adorned with jewels and glitter?
9. What does Laurent's immediate submersion into and acceptance of court life represent?
10. Describe the types of love that Laurent considers.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)