|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Laurent's suggestion, who is a eunuch?
(c) The sultan.
2. Besides Beauty, which other slaves are taken behind Laurent?
(a) Rosalynd and an unnamed man.
(b) Tristan and Elena.
(c) Elena and Rosalynd.
(d) Tristan and Rosalynd.
3. Who defends Tristan's tears over leaving his master?
4. What type of man approaches Beauty as she is bound in the chamber?
(a) Servant in a uniform.
(b) Lexius in a robe.
(c) Plainly dressed peasant.
(d) Richly dressed lord.
5. Beauty a favorite of __________.
(a) The king.
(b) The queen.
(c) The princess.
(d) The prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which of the following does Laurent allude to being interested?
2. Why is Beauty sent to the village?
3. What is the name of the master?
4. What does Laurent do in an attempt to delay his punishment?
5. What is the name of Laurent's former mistress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Laurent and Tristan's treatment as ponies.
2. Describe the tone change from desolation to eeriness in "The Watcher."
3. After his sentence serving as a pony is over, what becomes of Laurent?
4. What was Beauty's Punishment about?
5. What emotions does Beauty face during the cleaning process?
6. Why does Laurent decide to get married?
7. What are the signs that the sex between Laurent and Lexius was consensual?
8. How is the sexuality of the prisoners suppressed?
9. How does Laurent try to escape punishment, and what result does it have?
10. Describe the language used in reference to sexuality.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)