|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Lexius get out a whip to punish Laurent?
(a) Stealing food.
(b) Touching Tristan.
(c) Speaking in the palace.
(d) Not following orders.
2. What submissive gesture do the slaves use when moving along the corridors?
(a) Knees bent.
(b) Hands behind their backs.
(c) Heads down.
(d) Hands up.
3. Who defends Tristan's tears over leaving his master?
4. What is used to lead the group of slaves down the corridor?
(a) A bar.
(b) A rope.
(d) A chain.
5. Who raids the village?
(b) The king's men.
(d) The sultan's men.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she is kidnapped, who is Beauty forced to serve?
2. Besides Beauty, which other slaves are taken behind Laurent?
3. What is done with Beauty's hair?
4. Where would Laurent chase women in the morning when he served his mistress?
5. With whom does Beauty seem to have the most mutual attraction?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Beauty is placed on the ship?
2. Describe the tone change from desolation to eeriness in "The Watcher."
3. Why is the tone of the novel inconsistent with the events?
4. What happens when the ship anchors?
5. Why are the slaves adorned with jewels and glitter?
6. How is the sexuality of the prisoners suppressed?
7. Describe the language used in reference to sexuality.
8. What will Beauty's fate be when the ship hits shore?
9. How have Beauty, Tristan, and Laurent changed since they arrived at the sultan's palace?
10. What is the significance behind the point of view in "Through the City and Into the Palace"?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)