|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the master acknowledge about the slaves?
(a) They are all good slaves.
(b) They are all very attractive.
(c) They have higher reasoning.
(d) They are sexual beings.
2. According to Beauty, who is ashamed of their sexual urges?
(a) The sultan.
(b) The sultana.
3. With whom does Beauty seem to have the most mutual attraction?
(b) The sultan.
4. For what does Lexius get out a whip to punish Laurent?
(a) Speaking in the palace.
(b) Touching Tristan.
(c) Stealing food.
(d) Not following orders.
5. What does Beauty question about the women in the harem?
(a) If they actually like her or not.
(b) If they are actually happy.
(c) If they are really married to the sultan.
(d) If they have ever seen genitals.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Laurent's suggestion, who is a eunuch?
2. What did Tristan become?
3. Who raids the village?
4. Where would Laurent chase women in the morning when he served his mistress?
5. When Laurent served his last mistress, what would happen each morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beauty show that she has not adjusted to royal life?
2. Describe the sultan.
3. What are the similarities and differences between the animalistic treatment in the sultanate and the queendom?
4. What is Laurent's response to Tristan being chosen by the sultan?
5. What elements of foreshadowing are present in "Through the City and Into the Palace"?
6. How is irony present when the master addresses the slaves?
7. What fate does the queen determine for Laurent and Tristan?
8. Why does Tristan first feel that Laurent is disturbing the order of the sultanate?
9. Why did Laurent run away from Lady Elvera's house?
10. Why does Laurent begin crying in the sultan's bedchamber?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)