|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the master tell the slaves that they must do at all times?
(b) Bow their heads.
(c) Eat on the floor.
(d) Walk with excellent posture.
2. When three men enter the garden, who does the most important approach first?
3. What is the tone used to indicate the attitude toward the relationships in the queen's kingdom?
4. What does the master inspire in the slaves?
5. When Beauty is pushed forward into the group of woman, what does Lexius warn her of?
(a) Not to talk too much.
(b) To introduce herself gently.
(c) Not to tell anyone who she is.
(d) Not to fail him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What submissive gesture do the slaves use when moving along the corridors?
2. What does Beauty realize carries no weight in her life as a slave?
3. What word do the characters use to describe their genitals?
4. With whom does Beauty seem to have the most mutual attraction?
5. When the master caresses each of the slaves, whom does he linger on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of memories does Laurent have about Lady Elvera?
2. Why are the slaves adorned with jewels and glitter?
3. How does foreshadowing occur when the master addresses the slaves?
4. What is the example of irony present in "The First Test of Obedience"?
5. Describe the sultan.
6. What does Beauty question about the harem that is also an instance of foreshadowing?
7. Describe the tone change from desolation to eeriness in "The Watcher."
8. Why do you think Beauty is placed on the ship?
9. What does the reader learn about Tristan in "More Secret Lessons"?
10. After the sexual experience that Laurent and Lexius share, how do both men feel?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)