|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defends Tristan's tears over leaving his master?
2. Who raids the village?
(b) The sultan's men.
(d) The king's men.
3. When Beauty thinks she is about to collapse, who appears to hold her as she is dried?
(b) The sultan.
4. Which of the following fears are shown when Beauty sees the women in the courtyard?
(a) Being forced into engaging in sexual intercourse.
(b) Pleasuring a large number of people.
(c) Being sexually aroused.
(d) Meeting new people.
5. Who seems to acknowledge that the slaves are humans?
(a) The sultan.
(b) An attendant.
(c) The master.
(d) A villager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman with curly black hair that is considered very attractive?
2. When Laurent compares his mistress to Beauty, what does he think makes the difference in regards to love?
3. In the queen's court, what was Beauty's role?
4. Beauty a favorite of __________.
5. Who, in disguise, released Beauty from being tied up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the language used in reference to sexuality.
2. What type of memories does Laurent have about Lady Elvera?
3. What element of parallelism is present in "For the Love of the Master"?
4. Describe the types of love that Laurent considers.
5. Why does Laurent claim that the sex slaves' current position is degrading?
6. Describe the people on the ship with Laurent.
7. What are the similarities and differences between the animalistic treatment in the sultanate and the queendom?
8. Describe the way Laurent feels when he is bound to the cross during the banquet.
9. How is the sexuality of the prisoners suppressed?
10. Why is Tristan reluctant to be rescued?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)