|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Beauty seem to have the most mutual attraction?
(a) The sultan.
2. When the slaves are lifted and carried in a procession, where are they heading?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the queen's castle.
(c) To the sultan's palace.
(d) To the marketplace.
3. What is the name of the master?
4. Who is Tristan in love with?
(a) His master.
(d) The king.
5. Which of the following describes the master's actions toward the slaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Beauty thinks she is about to collapse, who appears to hold her as she is dried?
2. Who, in disguise, released Beauty from being tied up?
3. What is the name of the queen Beauty served?
4. Who seems to acknowledge that the slaves are humans?
5. Where does Laurent wake up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the examination the slaves undergo show dehumanization and degradation?
2. What fate does the queen determine for Lexius when the ship lands at shore?
3. What does the reader learn about Tristan in "More Secret Lessons"?
4. What relationships can the reader expect to be explored in this novel?
5. What elements of foreshadowing are present in "Through the City and Into the Palace"?
6. Why are the slaves adorned with jewels and glitter?
7. Describe the language used in reference to sexuality.
8. What fate does the queen determine for Laurent and Tristan?
9. Describe the examination of the slaves.
10. How is the sexuality of the prisoners suppressed?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)