|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the master inspects Beauty, what does he slap?
(a) Her breasts.
(b) Her knees.
(c) Her face.
(d) Her bottom.
2. For what does Lexius get out a whip to punish Laurent?
(a) Speaking in the palace.
(b) Stealing food.
(c) Touching Tristan.
(d) Not following orders.
3. What type of sexual relationships were present in the queen's kingdom?
(c) Completely consensual.
4. Which of the following does Laurent regret?
(a) Serving his mistress so warmly.
(b) Leaving his mistress behind.
(c) Never being able to couple with the prince.
(d) Never being able to couple with Beauty.
5. When the master addresses the slaves, why are they shocked?
(a) He addresses them in their own language.
(b) He is polite and informal.
(c) He is formal and rude.
(d) He doesn't know how to speak their language.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes the master's actions toward the slaves?
2. What is the name of the queen Beauty served?
3. When Beauty is pushed forward into the group of woman, what does Lexius warn her of?
4. What is the name of the woman with curly black hair that is considered very attractive?
5. What is Beauty's new dream as the ship anchors?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the sexuality of the prisoners suppressed?
2. What does the master require of the slaves?
3. What fate does the queen determine for Lexius when the ship lands at shore?
4. Why does Laurent decide to get married?
5. Why are the women in the harem, including Inanna, curious about Beauty?
6. How have Beauty, Tristan, and Laurent changed since they arrived at the sultan's palace?
7. What was Beauty's Punishment about?
8. What is the first instance of humanization for the slaves?
9. What kind of life does Beauty want for herself?
10. How does Beauty show that she has not adjusted to royal life?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)