|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is Laurent's chained hooked?
(a) Beauty's chain.
(b) The master's coat.
(c) The master's slipper.
(d) The sultan's coat.
2. What is the name of the woman with curly black hair that is considered very attractive?
3. When the master caresses each of the slaves, whom does he linger on?
4. Beauty a favorite of __________.
(a) The king.
(b) The princess.
(c) The queen.
(d) The prince.
5. When Beauty is taken into a chamber after Lexius talks to the group, what happens?
(a) She is taught how to behave.
(b) She has sex with the grooms.
(c) She is given books to read.
(d) She is cleaned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before being kidnapped did Laurent run away from his mistress' household?
2. What is the name of the place Laurent is mounted as punishment?
3. What word do the characters use to describe their genitals?
4. What does Beauty question about the women in the harem?
5. How does Laurent feel when he sees what his punishment is going to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will Beauty's fate be when the ship hits shore?
2. Why is the tone of the novel inconsistent with the events?
3. What was the Claiming of Sleeping Beauty about?
4. Why does Laurent claim that the sex slaves' current position is degrading?
5. Describe the sultan.
6. What element of parallelism is present in "For the Love of the Master"?
7. After his sentence serving as a pony is over, what becomes of Laurent?
8. What was Beauty's Punishment about?
9. Describe the types of love that Laurent considers.
10. Describe the tone change from desolation to eeriness in "The Watcher."
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)