|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following fears are shown when Beauty sees the women in the courtyard?
(a) Pleasuring a large number of people.
(b) Being forced into engaging in sexual intercourse.
(c) Meeting new people.
(d) Being sexually aroused.
2. What does the master inspire in the slaves?
3. While Lexius talks with two male servants, what does Beauty hear?
(a) Female screams.
(b) Male shouting.
(c) Childlike singing.
(d) Female laughter.
4. In which of the following does Laurent allude to being interested?
(a) Finding Beauty.
(c) Being the sultan's slave.
(d) Owning a slave.
5. What is the name of the sultana?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Beauty seem to have the most mutual attraction?
2. Who is Tristan in love with?
3. When Beauty is pushed forward into the group of woman, what does Lexius warn her of?
4. Who seems to acknowledge that the slaves are humans?
5. How does Beauty feel when she realizes she is looking at the Harem of Beautiful and Virtuous Royal Wives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fate does the queen determine for Lexius when the ship lands at shore?
2. How is irony present when the master addresses the slaves?
3. What are the two ways that Laurent distinguishes himself in the sultan's court?
4. How does Beauty show that she has not adjusted to royal life?
5. What elements of foreshadowing are present in "Through the City and Into the Palace"?
6. Who is Beauty?
7. Describe the way Laurent feels when he is bound to the cross during the banquet.
8. What kind of life does Beauty want for herself?
9. What type of memories does Laurent have about Lady Elvera?
10. After the sexual experience that Laurent and Lexius share, how do both men feel?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)