|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what are Beauty's legs bound?
2. While Lexius talks with two male servants, what does Beauty hear?
(a) Female laughter.
(b) Male shouting.
(c) Childlike singing.
(d) Female screams.
3. What is happening in the garden where Tristan and Laurent are led?
(a) The harem is dealing with Beauty.
(b) The gardeners are working.
(c) Lexius and the sultan are having a discussion.
(d) Servants are setting up a banquet.
4. Which of the following happens after Beauty falls asleep alone in the chamber, tied up?
(a) Somebody secretly watches her.
(b) She is given a sponge bath.
(c) Somebody throws something at her.
(d) Somebody comes in to talk to her.
5. What does the master inspire in the slaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beauty realize, in horror, that human are used as for the sultan?
2. Which of the following is a sign that Lexius is willingly participating in sex with Laurent?
3. Who seems to acknowledge that the slaves are humans?
4. How do both Laurent and Lexius feel after their sexual encounter?
5. What is obvious about the master?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the people on the ship with Laurent.
2. Describe Beauty's emotions when she sees the harem on the other side of the wall.
3. Why are the slaves adorned with jewels and glitter?
4. Why is the tone of the novel inconsistent with the events?
5. What type of life is Beauty used to?
6. How does the examination of the slaves show the feeling of the slaves?
7. What will Beauty's fate be when the ship hits shore?
8. What was Beauty's Punishment about?
9. Why does Tristan first feel that Laurent is disturbing the order of the sultanate?
10. What fate does the queen determine for Lexius when the ship lands at shore?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)