|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the slaves begin to moan and sway?
(a) They are trying to appear less desirable.
(b) They want to show they are good lovers.
(c) They want to display passion.
(d) They are in pain.
2. Which of the following of Laurent's family members have died?
3. What is the name of the groom in charge of Tristan and Laurent?
4. Which of the following punishments is supposed to be the most severe?
(a) Serving in the kitchen.
(b) Serving as the queen's own slave.
(c) Serving as a pony.
(d) Serving as royalty.
5. Which of the following mixtures is used as a punishment?
(a) Sugar and water.
(b) Water and flour.
(c) Wheat and flour.
(d) Flour and honey.
6. Which of the following is an example of animalistic treatment of the slaves in the sultan's bedchamber?
(a) Tristan and Laurent play catch with a ball.
(b) The slaves must eat out of bowls.
(c) Tristan and Laurent are forced to make animal sounds.
(d) Tristan and Laurent are leashed to the ground outside during the day.
7. How does Laurent feel about Beauty returning to her realm?
8. Even though he is punished, who does Laurent assert his master status over?
9. What happens to Lexius when he is bound to the cross?
(a) He is whipped.
(b) He is left alone upside-down.
(c) He is ignored.
(d) He is forced to eat.
10. Which pair agrees to be secret lovers?
(a) Tristan and Nicolas.
(b) Laurent and Nicolas.
(c) Laurent and Beauty.
(d) Tristan and Gareth.
11. When the sultan explores the welts on Laurent's back, how does Laurent feel?
12. On their way to the gardens, what do four men carry toward Laurent and Tristan?
13. Where do the lords carry Beauty when they find her?
(a) To a dungeon.
(b) To the sultan's chamber.
(c) To a ship.
(d) To Inanna's bedchamber.
14. Who will judge the slaves for their punishment?
(a) The king.
(b) The Captain of the Guards.
(c) The sultan.
(d) The queen.
15. Which character is supposed to assist Beauty in dressing?
(c) Captain of the Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Laurent and Tristan sleep?
2. Where does Laurent's rape occur?
3. Which of the following romances is foreshadowed in the rescue of the slaves?
4. How long must Tristan and Laurent serve as animals?
5. To Laurent, what does being a rebel represent a display of?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)