|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beauty want to be?
2. How does Laurent feel when he is on the cross?
3. In the male part of the sultan's palace, who is meant to feel pleasure?
(a) Lords and slaves.
(b) Only women.
4. Where are the slaves led after their punishment?
(a) A banquet hall.
(b) A throne room.
(c) A garden.
(d) A forest.
5. In the hold of the ship, who argues that he or she did not want to be rescued?
6. What happens to Lexius when he is bound to the cross?
(a) He is ignored.
(b) He is left alone upside-down.
(c) He is whipped.
(d) He is forced to eat.
7. Who purchases Tristan at the end of his sentence?
8. Which character is supposed to assist Beauty in dressing?
(d) Captain of the Guard.
9. On their way to the gardens, what do four men carry toward Laurent and Tristan?
10. What does Beauty tell her potential husband to stand on?
(a) A table.
(b) A step.
(c) A stool.
(d) A carpet.
11. How does Laurent feel about his royal title?
12. Who does Beauty hope will speak to her and punish her?
(c) The sultan.
(d) The sultana.
13. Who will judge the slaves for their punishment?
(a) The queen.
(b) The Captain of the Guards.
(c) The king.
(d) The sultan.
14. What is the sultan's bedchamber decorated with?
(a) Photos of men and women engaging in sexual intercourse.
(b) Floral arrangements.
(d) Bohemian styled photos and trinkets.
15. What is the name of the groom in charge of Tristan and Laurent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beauty's reaction to seeing Laurent again?
2. Where do the lords carry Beauty when they find her?
3. Which of the following of Laurent's family members have died?
4. Which pair agrees to be secret lovers?
5. Who motions for Laurent to follow him?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)