|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauty finds out that she is being released to _______.
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Captain of the Guard.
2. What is Laurent's new title?
(a) Pony Master.
3. At the end of the chapter where Beauty is picked up by the lords, what can the reader assume?
(a) Love is not probable for Beauty in the near future.
(b) Beauty will be killed.
(c) Beauty is not really in love.
(d) Inanna will be killed.
4. Laurent and Beauty both anticipate that they will be __________.
5. According to Tristan, who is disturbing the order at the sultanate?
6. Where are the slaves led after their punishment?
(a) A throne room.
(b) A garden.
(c) A forest.
(d) A banquet hall.
7. Which of the following suggests that Beauty has found the ability to love?
(a) She avoids Laurent.
(b) She doesn't want to see Inanna again.
(c) She doesn't want Inanna to get caught.
(d) She looks for Tristan.
8. What does Beauty assume about getting caught?
(a) She will be sent to the sultan's bedchamber.
(b) She will be killed.
(c) She will not be verbally questioned.
(d) She will be chained up again.
9. What is Laurent's fate when the slaves are appraised?
(a) He is chosen.
(b) He is to be punished for imperfections.
(c) He is sent back to the village.
(d) He is to be paired with a female.
10. Which of the following do the rescuers tell Tristan and Laurent to do?
(a) Run for a ship.
(b) Start swimming.
(c) Lie on the carpets.
(d) Read maps.
11. Which of the following romances is foreshadowed in the rescue of the slaves?
(a) Tristan and Laurent.
(b) Nicolas and Tristan.
(c) Lexius and Nicolas.
(d) Lexius and Tristan.
12. Laurent suggests _________________ as his first choice to marry.
(d) Queen Eleanor.
13. Which of the following is an example of animalistic treatment of the slaves in the sultan's bedchamber?
(a) The slaves must eat out of bowls.
(b) Tristan and Laurent are leashed to the ground outside during the day.
(c) Tristan and Laurent are forced to make animal sounds.
(d) Tristan and Laurent play catch with a ball.
14. Who purchases Tristan at the end of his sentence?
15. Who does Beauty hope will speak to her and punish her?
(c) The sultan.
(d) The sultana.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Laurent feel about the rape he experiences?
2. How long must Tristan and Laurent serve as animals?
3. Which of the following does not describe the sultan as Laurent sees him?
4. Who wipes Laurent's tears?
5. Why do the slaves begin to moan and sway?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)