|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the area where the slaves are led and begins surveying them?
(a) The queen.
(b) The sultana.
(d) The sultan.
2. Which of the following is an example of animalistic treatment of the slaves in the sultan's bedchamber?
(a) Tristan and Laurent are leashed to the ground outside during the day.
(b) Tristan and Laurent are forced to make animal sounds.
(c) Tristan and Laurent play catch with a ball.
(d) The slaves must eat out of bowls.
3. What is Tristan's fate when the slaves are appraised?
(a) He is to be released.
(b) He is sent back to the village.
(c) He is going to be punished for imperfections.
(d) He is chosen.
4. At the end of the chapter where Beauty is picked up by the lords, what can the reader assume?
(a) Love is not probable for Beauty in the near future.
(b) Inanna will be killed.
(c) Beauty will be killed.
(d) Beauty is not really in love.
5. Laurent suggests _________________ as his first choice to marry.
(b) Queen Eleanor.
6. Who wipes Laurent's tears?
(c) A servant.
(d) The sultan.
7. How does Laurent feel when he is on the cross?
8. According to Tristan, who is disturbing the order at the sultanate?
9. What is the name of the pretty boy serving as a pony?
10. The sultan's pleasure and his choice of Tristan and Laurent for his games reflect on a conversation that Laurent had with which character?
11. Laurent agrees to be rescued only if which character comes with him?
(c) The sultan.
12. What happens to Lexius when he is bound to the cross?
(a) He is whipped.
(b) He is forced to eat.
(c) He is ignored.
(d) He is left alone upside-down.
13. What does Beauty's potential husband beg to be for her?
14. How does Laurent feel about Beauty returning to her realm?
15. Which of the following romances is foreshadowed in the rescue of the slaves?
(a) Lexius and Tristan.
(b) Tristan and Laurent.
(c) Nicolas and Tristan.
(d) Lexius and Nicolas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the male part of the sultan's palace, who is meant to feel pleasure?
2. What does Tristan say about his former master?
3. Even though he is punished, who does Laurent assert his master status over?
4. Which of the following mixtures is used as a punishment?
5. What has Beauty learned to be?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)