|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which relationship is Laurent able to be the master?
(a) His relationship with Lexius.
(b) His relationship with the sultan.
(c) His relationship with Beauty.
(d) His relationship with Tristan.
2. How long must Tristan and Laurent serve as animals?
(a) One year.
(b) One lifetime.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
3. Which of the following do the rescuers tell Tristan and Laurent to do?
(a) Start swimming.
(b) Run for a ship.
(c) Read maps.
(d) Lie on the carpets.
4. How does Laurent feel about his royal title?
5. Which of the following makes Laurent panic?
(a) He will hate Beauty.
(b) Beauty will love him.
(c) He will get bored of Beauty.
(d) He will love Beauty.
6. Where do the lords carry Beauty when they find her?
(a) To a ship.
(b) To Inanna's bedchamber.
(c) To the sultan's chamber.
(d) To a dungeon.
7. According to her parents, what will Beauty's fate be?
(a) She is being sent back to the sultanate.
(c) Palace servant.
8. Who wipes Laurent's tears?
(c) The sultan.
(d) A servant.
9. In the male part of the sultan's palace, who is meant to feel pleasure?
(b) Lords and slaves.
(d) Only women.
10. At the end of the chapter where Beauty is picked up by the lords, what can the reader assume?
(a) Beauty is not really in love.
(b) Love is not probable for Beauty in the near future.
(c) Inanna will be killed.
(d) Beauty will be killed.
11. How does Laurent feel about the rape he experiences?
12. Under whose realm does Beauty most want to serve?
(b) The sultan's.
(c) Queen Eleanor's.
13. What is the sultan's bedchamber decorated with?
(a) Photos of men and women engaging in sexual intercourse.
(b) Bohemian styled photos and trinkets.
(d) Floral arrangements.
14. Tristan and Laurent must serve as __________.
15. Who enters the area where the slaves are led and begins surveying them?
(a) The sultan.
(c) The queen.
(d) The sultana.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Laurent, what does being a rebel represent a display of?
2. Where are the slaves led after their punishment?
3. On their way to the gardens, what do four men carry toward Laurent and Tristan?
4. Which character makes the decision to change his or her destiny and give up his or her master status?
5. What is the name of the groom in charge of Tristan and Laurent?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)