|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe the sultan as Laurent sees him?
2. What is Tristan's fate when the slaves are appraised?
(a) He is chosen.
(b) He is going to be punished for imperfections.
(c) He is to be released.
(d) He is sent back to the village.
3. What is the name of the groom in charge of Tristan and Laurent?
4. How does Laurent feel about the rape he experiences?
5. Who will judge the slaves for their punishment?
(a) The queen.
(b) The Captain of the Guards.
(c) The sultan.
(d) The king.
6. To Laurent, what does being a rebel represent a display of?
7. Who does Beauty hope will speak to her and punish her?
(c) The sultana.
(d) The sultan.
8. Laurent suggests _________________ as his first choice to marry.
(d) Queen Eleanor.
9. When the sultan explores the welts on Laurent's back, how does Laurent feel?
10. Laurent and Beauty both anticipate that they will be __________.
11. Beauty says that if she is sentenced to serve she would run away to ________.
12. Even though he is punished, who does Laurent assert his master status over?
13. What does Laurent begin to recognize as true power after he meets the sultan?
14. In which relationship is Laurent able to be the master?
(a) His relationship with Beauty.
(b) His relationship with Lexius.
(c) His relationship with Tristan.
(d) His relationship with the sultan.
15. What has Beauty learned to be?
(a) More formal.
(b) Less sexual.
(c) Less talkative.
(d) More forward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which pair agrees to be secret lovers?
2. How does Laurent feel about Beauty returning to her realm?
3. What does Beauty's potential husband beg to be for her?
4. Which character is supposed to assist Beauty in dressing?
5. To whom will Beauty belong?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)