|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is supposed to assist Beauty in dressing?
(a) Captain of the Guard.
2. Under whose realm does Beauty most want to serve?
(a) Queen Eleanor's.
(b) The sultan's.
3. Who motions for Laurent to follow him?
(c) A groom.
(d) The sultan.
4. How many other animals are in Tristan and Laurent's group?
5. Which pair agrees to be secret lovers?
(a) Tristan and Nicolas.
(b) Tristan and Gareth.
(c) Laurent and Nicolas.
(d) Laurent and Beauty.
6. Why do the slaves begin to moan and sway?
(a) They are trying to appear less desirable.
(b) They are in pain.
(c) They want to show they are good lovers.
(d) They want to display passion.
7. Which character makes the decision to change his or her destiny and give up his or her master status?
(b) The sultan.
8. Who purchases Tristan at the end of his sentence?
9. Laurent agrees to be rescued only if which character comes with him?
(c) The sultan.
10. What does Beauty assume about getting caught?
(a) She will be chained up again.
(b) She will be killed.
(c) She will not be verbally questioned.
(d) She will be sent to the sultan's bedchamber.
11. In the male part of the sultan's palace, who is meant to feel pleasure?
(b) Lords and slaves.
(d) Only women.
12. The sultan's pleasure and his choice of Tristan and Laurent for his games reflect on a conversation that Laurent had with which character?
13. Where are the slaves led after their punishment?
(a) A banquet hall.
(b) A throne room.
(c) A forest.
(d) A garden.
14. What does Beauty tell her potential husband to stand on?
(a) A table.
(b) A stool.
(c) A carpet.
(d) A step.
15. What does Tristan say about his former master?
(a) He loves him now more than ever.
(b) He no longer misses him.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He feels ashamed of ever having a relationship with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following makes Laurent panic?
2. In the hold of the ship, who argues that he or she did not want to be rescued?
3. Tristan and Laurent must serve as __________.
4. Which of the following does not describe the sultan as Laurent sees him?
5. Laurent suggests _________________ as his first choice to marry.
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)