|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will judge the slaves for their punishment?
(a) The king.
(b) The Captain of the Guards.
(c) The sultan.
(d) The queen.
2. Under whose realm does Beauty most want to serve?
(a) Queen Eleanor's.
(d) The sultan's.
3. What does Beauty tell her potential husband to stand on?
(a) A table.
(b) A step.
(c) A carpet.
(d) A stool.
4. How does Laurent feel about the rape he experiences?
5. How does Beauty's potential husband react to her wishes that he be examined?
6. Which of the following do the rescuers tell Tristan and Laurent to do?
(a) Read maps.
(b) Lie on the carpets.
(c) Run for a ship.
(d) Start swimming.
7. What does Laurent begin to recognize as true power after he meets the sultan?
8. Which of the following people is with the rescuers?
(c) The queen.
9. What does Tristan say about his former master?
(a) He feels ashamed of ever having a relationship with him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He no longer misses him.
(d) He loves him now more than ever.
10. Which of the following mixtures is used as a punishment?
(a) Sugar and water.
(b) Flour and honey.
(c) Water and flour.
(d) Wheat and flour.
11. Which character is supposed to assist Beauty in dressing?
(d) Captain of the Guard.
12. What is Beauty's reaction to seeing Laurent again?
(a) She cries.
(b) She yells at him for abandoning her.
(c) She kisses him passionately.
(d) She is embarrassed.
13. In which relationship is Laurent able to be the master?
(a) His relationship with Tristan.
(b) His relationship with Beauty.
(c) His relationship with the sultan.
(d) His relationship with Lexius.
14. Where does Laurent's rape occur?
(a) Stable stalls.
(b) Work field.
(c) The palace garden.
(d) Recreation yard.
15. Who wipes Laurent's tears?
(c) The sultan.
(d) A servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long is Lexius sentenced to work in the kitchen?
2. What is Tristan's fate when the slaves are appraised?
3. What is the name of the pretty boy serving as a pony?
4. Tristan and Laurent must serve as __________.
5. Why do the slaves begin to moan and sway?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)