|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Laurent's rape occur?
(a) Work field.
(b) Recreation yard.
(c) The palace garden.
(d) Stable stalls.
2. In the hold of the ship, who argues that he or she did not want to be rescued?
3. Which character makes the decision to change his or her destiny and give up his or her master status?
(a) The sultan.
4. Even though he is punished, who does Laurent assert his master status over?
5. How does Laurent feel about the rape he experiences?
6. What is the sultan's bedchamber decorated with?
(a) Photos of men and women engaging in sexual intercourse.
(c) Bohemian styled photos and trinkets.
(d) Floral arrangements.
7. Under whose realm does Beauty most want to serve?
(c) The sultan's.
(d) Queen Eleanor's.
8. What does Laurent begin to recognize as true power after he meets the sultan?
9. What does Beauty assume about getting caught?
(a) She will be chained up again.
(b) She will not be verbally questioned.
(c) She will be killed.
(d) She will be sent to the sultan's bedchamber.
10. Beauty finds out that she is being released to _______.
(a) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Captain of the Guard.
11. How many other animals are in Tristan and Laurent's group?
12. What does Beauty's potential husband beg to be for her?
13. According to her parents, what will Beauty's fate be?
(b) Palace servant.
(c) She is being sent back to the sultanate.
14. Which of the following punishments is supposed to be the most severe?
(a) Serving as the queen's own slave.
(b) Serving as a pony.
(c) Serving in the kitchen.
(d) Serving as royalty.
15. In which relationship is Laurent able to be the master?
(a) His relationship with Lexius.
(b) His relationship with Beauty.
(c) His relationship with the sultan.
(d) His relationship with Tristan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beauty tell her potential husband to stand on?
2. Tristan and Laurent must serve as __________.
3. To Laurent, what does being a rebel represent a display of?
4. What is Beauty's reaction to seeing Laurent again?
5. Which pair agrees to be secret lovers?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)