|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following suggests that Beauty has found the ability to love?
(a) She looks for Tristan.
(b) She avoids Laurent.
(c) She doesn't want to see Inanna again.
(d) She doesn't want Inanna to get caught.
2. Who shouts that they do not want to be rescued?
3. What has Beauty learned to be?
(a) Less talkative.
(b) Less sexual.
(c) More forward.
(d) More formal.
4. What is Beauty's reaction to seeing Laurent again?
(a) She cries.
(b) She yells at him for abandoning her.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She kisses him passionately.
5. Which of the following is an example of animalistic treatment of the slaves in the sultan's bedchamber?
(a) The slaves must eat out of bowls.
(b) Tristan and Laurent are leashed to the ground outside during the day.
(c) Tristan and Laurent play catch with a ball.
(d) Tristan and Laurent are forced to make animal sounds.
6. What is the name of the pretty boy serving as a pony?
7. Which pair agrees to be secret lovers?
(a) Laurent and Beauty.
(b) Tristan and Gareth.
(c) Tristan and Nicolas.
(d) Laurent and Nicolas.
8. Who purchases Tristan at the end of his sentence?
9. Who does Beauty hope will speak to her and punish her?
(b) The sultana.
(c) The sultan.
10. Laurent agrees to be rescued only if which character comes with him?
(b) The sultan.
11. Which of the following do the rescuers tell Tristan and Laurent to do?
(a) Read maps.
(b) Lie on the carpets.
(c) Run for a ship.
(d) Start swimming.
12. How does Laurent feel about his royal title?
13. What does Laurent begin to recognize as true power after he meets the sultan?
14. What does Beauty want to be?
15. What is the name of the groom in charge of Tristan and Laurent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following makes Laurent panic?
2. Which of the following mixtures is used as a punishment?
3. Who wipes Laurent's tears?
4. Why do the slaves begin to moan and sway?
5. Which character makes the decision to change his or her destiny and give up his or her master status?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)