|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the groom in charge of Tristan and Laurent?
2. Which of the following is an example of animalistic treatment of the slaves in the sultan's bedchamber?
(a) Tristan and Laurent are forced to make animal sounds.
(b) Tristan and Laurent play catch with a ball.
(c) The slaves must eat out of bowls.
(d) Tristan and Laurent are leashed to the ground outside during the day.
3. How does Laurent feel when he is on the cross?
4. In the male part of the sultan's palace, who is meant to feel pleasure?
(b) Only women.
(c) Lords and slaves.
5. Beauty finds out that she is being released to _______.
(a) Captain of the Guard.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
6. What is the sultan's bedchamber decorated with?
(b) Photos of men and women engaging in sexual intercourse.
(c) Floral arrangements.
(d) Bohemian styled photos and trinkets.
7. What is Laurent's new title?
(b) Pony Master.
8. Beauty says that if she is sentenced to serve she would run away to ________.
9. What does Beauty assume about getting caught?
(a) She will be sent to the sultan's bedchamber.
(b) She will not be verbally questioned.
(c) She will be chained up again.
(d) She will be killed.
10. Which of the following suggests that Beauty has found the ability to love?
(a) She avoids Laurent.
(b) She doesn't want Inanna to get caught.
(c) She looks for Tristan.
(d) She doesn't want to see Inanna again.
11. When Laurent and Tristan play a game with the sultan and Lexius, who wins most of the rounds?
(a) The sultan.
12. Who motions for Laurent to follow him?
(c) A groom.
(d) The sultan.
13. What does Laurent begin to recognize as true power after he meets the sultan?
14. What does Tristan say about his former master?
(a) He no longer misses him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He loves him now more than ever.
(d) He feels ashamed of ever having a relationship with him.
15. Where does Laurent's rape occur?
(a) Work field.
(b) Recreation yard.
(c) Stable stalls.
(d) The palace garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character makes the decision to change his or her destiny and give up his or her master status?
2. Where will Laurent and Tristan sleep?
3. In the hold of the ship, who argues that he or she did not want to be rescued?
4. In which relationship is Laurent able to be the master?
5. According to Tristan, who is disturbing the order at the sultanate?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)