|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the sultan explores the welts on Laurent's back, how does Laurent feel?
2. What is Laurent's new title?
(a) Pony Master.
3. What has Beauty learned to be?
(a) More formal.
(b) Less sexual.
(c) More forward.
(d) Less talkative.
4. Beauty finds out that she is being released to _______.
(a) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Captain of the Guard.
5. What does Beauty assume about getting caught?
(a) She will be chained up again.
(b) She will be sent to the sultan's bedchamber.
(c) She will not be verbally questioned.
(d) She will be killed.
6. Which of the following punishments is supposed to be the most severe?
(a) Serving in the kitchen.
(b) Serving as royalty.
(c) Serving as a pony.
(d) Serving as the queen's own slave.
7. In the hold of the ship, who argues that he or she did not want to be rescued?
8. What does Beauty tell her potential husband to stand on?
(a) A step.
(b) A stool.
(c) A table.
(d) A carpet.
9. What is Tristan's fate when the slaves are appraised?
(a) He is chosen.
(b) He is sent back to the village.
(c) He is to be released.
(d) He is going to be punished for imperfections.
10. Which of the following is an example of animalistic treatment of the slaves in the sultan's bedchamber?
(a) Tristan and Laurent are forced to make animal sounds.
(b) Tristan and Laurent play catch with a ball.
(c) The slaves must eat out of bowls.
(d) Tristan and Laurent are leashed to the ground outside during the day.
11. Why do the slaves begin to moan and sway?
(a) They are trying to appear less desirable.
(b) They are in pain.
(c) They want to show they are good lovers.
(d) They want to display passion.
12. How does Laurent feel about his royal title?
13. Laurent and Beauty both anticipate that they will be __________.
14. What happens to Lexius when he is bound to the cross?
(a) He is ignored.
(b) He is forced to eat.
(c) He is left alone upside-down.
(d) He is whipped.
15. Under whose realm does Beauty most want to serve?
(b) The sultan's.
(c) Queen Eleanor's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurent begin to recognize as true power after he meets the sultan?
2. Where does Beauty wake up in the morning?
3. Which of the following suggests that Beauty has found the ability to love?
4. To whom will Beauty belong?
5. On their way to the gardens, what do four men carry toward Laurent and Tristan?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)