|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beauty assume about getting caught?
(a) She will be sent to the sultan's bedchamber.
(b) She will be chained up again.
(c) She will not be verbally questioned.
(d) She will be killed.
2. Laurent agrees to be rescued only if which character comes with him?
(b) The sultan.
3. Who wipes Laurent's tears?
(c) A servant.
(d) The sultan.
4. In the male part of the sultan's palace, who is meant to feel pleasure?
(a) Only women.
(d) Lords and slaves.
5. How does Laurent feel about his royal title?
6. Which character is supposed to assist Beauty in dressing?
(b) Captain of the Guard.
7. How does Laurent feel about the rape he experiences?
8. How long must Tristan and Laurent serve as animals?
(a) One lifetime.
(b) One year.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
9. How does Beauty's potential husband react to her wishes that he be examined?
10. What occurs during the punishment of the slaves in the garden?
(d) Theater play.
11. In the hold of the ship, who argues that he or she did not want to be rescued?
12. Where are the slaves led after their punishment?
(a) A banquet hall.
(b) A forest.
(c) A garden.
(d) A throne room.
13. What is the sultan's bedchamber decorated with?
(b) Floral arrangements.
(c) Bohemian styled photos and trinkets.
(d) Photos of men and women engaging in sexual intercourse.
14. How many other animals are in Tristan and Laurent's group?
15. Who shouts that they do not want to be rescued?
Short Answer Questions
1. The sultan's pleasure and his choice of Tristan and Laurent for his games reflect on a conversation that Laurent had with which character?
2. Which character makes the decision to change his or her destiny and give up his or her master status?
3. Who does Beauty hope will speak to her and punish her?
4. Laurent and Beauty both anticipate that they will be __________.
5. Which pair agrees to be secret lovers?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)