|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following romances is foreshadowed in the rescue of the slaves?
(a) Nicolas and Tristan.
(b) Lexius and Nicolas.
(c) Tristan and Laurent.
(d) Lexius and Tristan.
2. Which character is supposed to assist Beauty in dressing?
(d) Captain of the Guard.
3. Who will judge the slaves for their punishment?
(a) The queen.
(b) The king.
(c) The Captain of the Guards.
(d) The sultan.
4. How does Laurent feel when he is on the cross?
5. What does Beauty's potential husband beg to be for her?
6. Laurent agrees to be rescued only if which character comes with him?
(a) The sultan.
7. According to Tristan, who is disturbing the order at the sultanate?
8. For how long is Lexius sentenced to work in the kitchen?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two lifetimes.
(d) Two weeks.
9. How does Laurent feel about the rape he experiences?
10. Where does Beauty wake up in the morning?
(a) The sultan's bedchamber.
(b) Inanna's bedchmaber.
(c) The garden.
(d) The banquet hall.
11. Which of the following is petitioning for Beauty's hand in marriage?
(a) A king.
(b) The sultan.
(c) A prince.
12. Tristan and Laurent must serve as __________.
13. To Laurent, what does being a rebel represent a display of?
14. Which of the following makes Laurent panic?
(a) He will hate Beauty.
(b) He will get bored of Beauty.
(c) He will love Beauty.
(d) Beauty will love him.
15. What is Laurent's new title?
(b) Pony Master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tristan punished for as a pony?
2. Why do the slaves begin to moan and sway?
3. Which of the following mixtures is used as a punishment?
4. Laurent suggests _________________ as his first choice to marry.
5. How does Laurent feel about his royal title?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)