|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would Laurent chase women in the morning when he served his mistress?
(a) Through his mistress' room.
(b) Through the garden.
(c) Through the forest.
(d) Through the castle.
2. Who, in disguise, released Beauty from being tied up?
(b) The sultan.
(d) The sultana.
3. Besides Beauty, which other slaves are taken behind Laurent?
(a) Tristan and Rosalynd.
(b) Rosalynd and an unnamed man.
(c) Elena and Rosalynd.
(d) Tristan and Elena.
4. What is the name of the sultana?
5. Whom does Beauty most want to serve?
(c) Her old master.
6. Why does Laurent run away from his mistress?
(a) She has threatened him.
(b) She will not have sex with him.
(c) He is unhappy.
(d) He enjoys the fear of running away.
7. What does Lexius apply to Beauty's body when she is clean?
(c) Bug repellent.
(d) Fruit glaze.
8. Which of the following does Laurent regret?
(a) Never being able to couple with the prince.
(b) Serving his mistress so warmly.
(c) Leaving his mistress behind.
(d) Never being able to couple with Beauty.
9. When the master caresses each of the slaves, whom does he linger on?
10. Which character was punished for speaking up by being bound, gagged, and suspended from the ceiling?
11. Which of the following happens after Beauty falls asleep alone in the chamber, tied up?
(a) Somebody secretly watches her.
(b) Somebody comes in to talk to her.
(c) She is given a sponge bath.
(d) Somebody throws something at her.
12. What submissive gesture do the slaves use when moving along the corridors?
(a) Hands up.
(b) Hands behind their backs.
(c) Heads down.
(d) Knees bent.
13. When she is kidnapped, who is Beauty forced to serve?
14. What is done with Beauty's hair?
(a) It is shaved.
(b) It is fastened up.
(c) It is dyed.
(d) It is cut short.
15. What is the next process that the slaves have to go through after the master talks to them?
(b) Sensuality training.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Laurent feel about being punished in front of the village?
2. Which of the following tone changes are consistent with the occurrences in "The Watcher"?
3. How does Laurent feel when he is with his mistress?
4. What does the attendants' preparation of the slaves signify?
5. Despite their situation, what do the slaves desire?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)