|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Beauty is taken into a chamber after Lexius talks to the group, what happens?
(a) She has sex with the grooms.
(b) She is taught how to behave.
(c) She is given books to read.
(d) She is cleaned.
2. What does the master inspire in the slaves?
3. What does Beauty realize about the sultana's body?
(a) She is slightly deformed.
(b) Her genitals have been mutilated.
(c) She has received plastic surgery.
(d) She was originally a man.
4. What is the name of the place Laurent is mounted as punishment?
(a) Death Row.
(b) Punishment Cross.
(c) Torture Circle.
(d) Danger Zone.
5. What is the significance of the Prologue?
(a) To introduce the reader to the recent past.
(b) To introduce the reader to a brand new character.
(c) To reveal vague details.
(d) To give a summary of what the reader is about to read.
6. What do the attendants treat the prisoners like?
(a) Kings and queens.
(d) Intelligent beings.
7. To what is Laurent's chained hooked?
(a) The master's slipper.
(b) The master's coat.
(c) Beauty's chain.
(d) The sultan's coat.
8. What is the master's official title?
(a) Sultan's Chief Steward of the Grooms.
(b) Sultan's Equestrian Steward.
(c) Sultan's Quality Control Groom.
(d) Sultan's Special Groomsman.
9. Why is Beauty sent to the village?
(a) She has sex with a man.
(b) She is attracted to Laurent.
(c) She rebels against orders.
(d) She is supposed to start a family there.
10. How do both Laurent and Lexius feel after their sexual encounter?
11. According to Beauty, who is ashamed of their sexual urges?
(b) The sultana.
(c) The sultan.
12. What does the queen's emissary warn the prisoners of when they are kidnapped?
(a) To fight the sultan.
(b) To tell the sultan that the queen will have vengeance.
(c) To remain silent.
(d) To try to escape.
13. Which of the following fears are shown when Beauty sees the women in the courtyard?
(a) Pleasuring a large number of people.
(b) Meeting new people.
(c) Being sexually aroused.
(d) Being forced into engaging in sexual intercourse.
14. What is Beauty's new dream as the ship anchors?
(a) To escape.
(b) To have sex with the sultan.
(c) To find love.
(d) To survive.
15. According to Beauty, what type of life feels most natural to her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite their situation, what do the slaves desire?
2. What is done with Beauty's hair?
3. Which of the following is shown in the inspection of the slaves?
4. What color is the mesh that Laurent's fellow captives are wearing between their legs?
5. Which of the following describes the master's actions toward the slaves?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)