|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides Beauty, which other slaves are taken behind Laurent?
(a) Tristan and Rosalynd.
(b) Rosalynd and an unnamed man.
(c) Tristan and Elena.
(d) Elena and Rosalynd.
2. What does Lexius apply to Beauty's body when she is clean?
(b) Bug repellent.
(c) Fruit glaze.
3. What word do the characters use to describe their genitals?
4. What did Tristan become?
(a) A dragon.
(b) An insect.
(c) A rodent.
(d) A horse.
5. In which of the following does Laurent allude to being interested?
(a) Being the sultan's slave.
(b) Owning a slave.
(c) Finding Beauty.
6. When Laurent served his last mistress, what would happen each morning?
(a) He would bring her a mate.
(b) He would make her breakfast.
(c) He would be whipped.
(d) He would be raped.
7. What do the attendants treat the prisoners like?
(a) Kings and queens.
(d) Intelligent beings.
8. Why is Beauty sent to the village?
(a) She is attracted to Laurent.
(b) She is supposed to start a family there.
(c) She rebels against orders.
(d) She has sex with a man.
9. What is the tone used to indicate the attitude toward the relationships in the queen's kingdom?
10. Despite their situation, what do the slaves desire?
(a) To please.
(b) To fear.
(c) To love.
(d) To run away.
11. Beauty a favorite of __________.
(a) The queen.
(b) The princess.
(c) The king.
(d) The prince.
12. What is the significance of the Prologue?
(a) To reveal vague details.
(b) To introduce the reader to the recent past.
(c) To introduce the reader to a brand new character.
(d) To give a summary of what the reader is about to read.
13. What color is Beauty's hair?
14. Which of the following is ironic?
(a) Laurent is confused by his encounter with Lexius.
(b) Lexius is very dominant.
(c) Laurent is being punished.
(d) Laurent rapes Lexius.
15. How does Beauty feel when she realizes she is looking at the Harem of Beautiful and Virtuous Royal Wives?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sultana?
2. What is the name of the master?
3. When Laurent compares his mistress to Beauty, what does he think makes the difference in regards to love?
4. Which of the following is shown in the inspection of the slaves?
5. What does the master say that the sultan requires?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)