|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beauty feel when she realizes she is looking at the Harem of Beautiful and Virtuous Royal Wives?
2. When Beauty is taken into a chamber after Lexius talks to the group, what happens?
(a) She is taught how to behave.
(b) She has sex with the grooms.
(c) She is cleaned.
(d) She is given books to read.
3. Whom does Beauty most want to serve?
(c) Her old master.
4. Which slave receives anal probing as a punishment?
5. Which of the following is an element of foreshadowing in the novel?
(a) Beauty wants to escape.
(b) Beauty catches the eye of the sultan immediately.
(c) Beauty wants to get a paying job.
(d) Beauty wants to find love.
6. How does Laurent feel when he is with his mistress?
7. Where was Beauty kidnapped from?
(a) Her bedchamber.
(b) The village.
(c) The castle.
(d) The forest.
8. When the master inspects Beauty, what does he slap?
(a) Her bottom.
(b) Her breasts.
(c) Her face.
(d) Her knees.
9. Which of the following tone changes are consistent with the occurrences in "The Watcher"?
(a) Desolation to joy.
(b) Happiness to hostility.
(c) Desolation to eeriness.
(d) Desperation to eagerness.
10. What is the next process that the slaves have to go through after the master talks to them?
(c) Sensuality training.
11. Which of the following is a sign that Lexius is willingly participating in sex with Laurent?
(a) He tells Laurent what to do.
(b) He gives vocal consent.
(c) He winks at Laurent.
(d) He could easily summon servants.
12. How do both Laurent and Lexius feel after their sexual encounter?
13. When Beauty is pushed forward into the group of woman, what does Lexius warn her of?
(a) Not to fail him.
(b) To introduce herself gently.
(c) Not to tell anyone who she is.
(d) Not to talk too much.
14. Where does Laurent wake up?
(a) In the sultan's palace.
(b) On a horse.
(c) In a stable.
(d) On a ship.
15. What is the name of the sultana?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Beauty's role in court?
2. What is the name of the woman with curly black hair that is considered very attractive?
3. What type of man approaches Beauty as she is bound in the chamber?
4. When Lexius guides Beauty to a small opening in a wall, which of the following things does Beauty see?
5. What type of nation does the sultan seem to run?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)