|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Beauty most want to serve?
(b) Her old master.
2. What color is Beauty's hair?
3. What does the queen's emissary warn the prisoners of when they are kidnapped?
(a) To fight the sultan.
(b) To remain silent.
(c) To try to escape.
(d) To tell the sultan that the queen will have vengeance.
4. How long before being kidnapped did Laurent run away from his mistress' household?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two days.
5. What is the tone used to indicate the attitude toward the relationships in the queen's kingdom?
6. What happens to the male slaves after they enter the garden?
(a) They are locked in a room.
(b) They are mounted on crosses.
(c) They meet the harem and the sultan.
(d) They are introduced to the harem.
7. When Beauty is pushed forward into the group of woman, what does Lexius warn her of?
(a) To introduce herself gently.
(b) Not to fail him.
(c) Not to tell anyone who she is.
(d) Not to talk too much.
8. When she is kidnapped, who is Beauty forced to serve?
9. What is done with Beauty's hair?
(a) It is shaved.
(b) It is fastened up.
(c) It is dyed.
(d) It is cut short.
10. What does Lexius apply to Beauty's body when she is clean?
(b) Bug repellent.
(c) Fruit glaze.
11. How does Beauty feel when she realizes she is looking at the Harem of Beautiful and Virtuous Royal Wives?
12. Which slave receives anal probing as a punishment?
13. What does Laurent do in an attempt to delay his punishment?
(a) He keeps talking.
(b) He hides.
(c) He attacks Lexius.
(d) He physically attacks the sultan.
14. When Beauty is taken into a chamber after Lexius talks to the group, what happens?
(a) She is cleaned.
(b) She is given books to read.
(c) She has sex with the grooms.
(d) She is taught how to behave.
15. Which three characters are foreshadowed to have a strange relationship?
(a) Tristan, Beauty, Laurent.
(b) Tristan, Beauty, the master.
(c) Rosalynd, Beauty, Elena.
(d) Laurent, Beauty, the master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beauty realize that the women in the harem are not supposed to feel?
2. According to Laurent's suggestion, who is a eunuch?
3. Why does Laurent run away from his mistress?
4. Besides Beauty, which other slaves are taken behind Laurent?
5. What does the master say that the sultan requires?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)