|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the mesh that Laurent's fellow captives are wearing between their legs?
2. Who is Beauty attracted to?
(b) The king.
(d) The sultan.
3. What did Tristan become?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A horse.
(c) An insect.
(d) A rodent.
4. What submissive gesture do the slaves use when moving along the corridors?
(a) Hands behind their backs.
(b) Hands up.
(c) Knees bent.
(d) Heads down.
5. What is the name of Laurent's former mistress?
6. According to Beauty, what type of life feels most natural to her?
7. Which of the following is ironic?
(a) Laurent rapes Lexius.
(b) Laurent is being punished.
(c) Lexius is very dominant.
(d) Laurent is confused by his encounter with Lexius.
8. With what are Beauty's legs bound?
9. In which of the following does Laurent allude to being interested?
(a) Owning a slave.
(b) Being the sultan's slave.
(d) Finding Beauty.
10. Besides Beauty, which other slaves are taken behind Laurent?
(a) Elena and Rosalynd.
(b) Tristan and Elena.
(c) Tristan and Rosalynd.
(d) Rosalynd and an unnamed man.
11. Where does Laurent wake up?
(a) On a ship.
(b) In a stable.
(c) On a horse.
(d) In the sultan's palace.
12. How does Beauty feel when she realizes she is looking at the Harem of Beautiful and Virtuous Royal Wives?
13. In the queen's court, what was Beauty's role?
(b) Child watcher.
(c) Naked princess.
(d) Sex slave.
14. When the master addresses the slaves, why are they shocked?
(a) He is formal and rude.
(b) He addresses them in their own language.
(c) He doesn't know how to speak their language.
(d) He is polite and informal.
15. Which of the following fears are shown when Beauty sees the women in the courtyard?
(a) Meeting new people.
(b) Being forced into engaging in sexual intercourse.
(c) Pleasuring a large number of people.
(d) Being sexually aroused.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Laurent feel about being punished in front of the village?
2. What is the name of the sultana?
3. Beauty concludes that the most beautiful woman must be ____________.
4. Who, in disguise, released Beauty from being tied up?
5. What is the significance of the Prologue?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)