|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following happens after Beauty falls asleep alone in the chamber, tied up?
(a) She is given a sponge bath.
(b) Somebody secretly watches her.
(c) Somebody comes in to talk to her.
(d) Somebody throws something at her.
2. When Beauty thinks she is about to collapse, who appears to hold her as she is dried?
(c) The sultan.
3. When the master inspects Beauty, what does he slap?
(a) Her breasts.
(b) Her knees.
(c) Her bottom.
(d) Her face.
4. Which of the following is a sign that Lexius is willingly participating in sex with Laurent?
(a) He gives vocal consent.
(b) He tells Laurent what to do.
(c) He could easily summon servants.
(d) He winks at Laurent.
5. What is obvious about the master?
(a) He is very sensual.
(b) He does not like the sultan.
(c) He is demanding.
(d) He is a scoundrel.
6. Where are the four slaves led?
(a) A chamber.
(b) A bedroom.
(c) An attic.
(d) A garden.
7. How does Laurent feel when he is with his mistress?
8. According to Beauty, what type of life feels most natural to her?
9. What is the name of the sultana?
10. When the master addresses the slaves, why are they shocked?
(a) He is formal and rude.
(b) He addresses them in their own language.
(c) He doesn't know how to speak their language.
(d) He is polite and informal.
11. How does Beauty feel when she realizes she is looking at the Harem of Beautiful and Virtuous Royal Wives?
12. What does Beauty realize, in horror, that human are used as for the sultan?
(c) Sex slaves.
13. Where would Laurent chase women in the morning when he served his mistress?
(a) Through the castle.
(b) Through the forest.
(c) Through his mistress' room.
(d) Through the garden.
14. In the queen's court, what was Beauty's role?
(a) Child watcher.
(c) Naked princess.
(d) Sex slave.
15. In which of the following does Laurent allude to being interested?
(a) Being the sultan's slave.
(c) Owning a slave.
(d) Finding Beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the master?
2. To what is Laurent's chained hooked?
3. While Lexius talks with two male servants, what does Beauty hear?
4. Which of the following is an element of foreshadowing in the novel?
5. What is used to lead the group of slaves down the corridor?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)