|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Laurent's former mistress?
2. When the master caresses each of the slaves, whom does he linger on?
3. With what are Beauty's legs bound?
4. Whom does the master inspect last?
5. Which of the following is a sign that Lexius is willingly participating in sex with Laurent?
(a) He tells Laurent what to do.
(b) He gives vocal consent.
(c) He winks at Laurent.
(d) He could easily summon servants.
6. Which of the following is ironic?
(a) Laurent is being punished.
(b) Laurent rapes Lexius.
(c) Lexius is very dominant.
(d) Laurent is confused by his encounter with Lexius.
7. Which three characters are foreshadowed to have a strange relationship?
(a) Laurent, Beauty, the master.
(b) Tristan, Beauty, Laurent.
(c) Tristan, Beauty, the master.
(d) Rosalynd, Beauty, Elena.
8. Despite their situation, what do the slaves desire?
(a) To run away.
(b) To please.
(c) To fear.
(d) To love.
9. When Beauty is taken into a chamber after Lexius talks to the group, what happens?
(a) She is taught how to behave.
(b) She is given books to read.
(c) She has sex with the grooms.
(d) She is cleaned.
10. What does the master inspire in the slaves?
11. After his conversation about love with Beauty, what does Laurent conclude about his mistress?
(a) His love for his mistress is just like Beauty and Tristan's love.
(b) His love for his mistress is like Tritsan's love for his master.
(c) His love for his mistress is different from Beauty's idea of love and Tristan's love for his master.
(d) His love for his mistress is like Beauty's idea of love.
12. What does the master acknowledge about the slaves?
(a) They are all good slaves.
(b) They are sexual beings.
(c) They have higher reasoning.
(d) They are all very attractive.
13. How does Laurent feel about being punished in front of the village?
(a) He thinks it was more degrading than his current position.
(b) He fears he will be killed.
(c) He is ashamed.
(d) He enjoys it.
14. What is the name of the master?
15. What does Beauty realize about the sultana's body?
(a) She was originally a man.
(b) Her genitals have been mutilated.
(c) She has received plastic surgery.
(d) She is slightly deformed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the four slaves led?
2. Besides Beauty, which other slaves are taken behind Laurent?
3. Which of the following describes the master's actions toward the slaves?
4. Why is Beauty sent to the village?
5. While Lexius talks with two male servants, what does Beauty hear?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)