|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the attendants' preparation of the slaves signify?
(a) The view taken of sex slaves.
(b) The memory of past lives fo the slaves.
(c) The love of the sultan for sexuality.
(d) The love shared between a master and slave.
2. What is the name of the place Laurent is mounted as punishment?
(a) Torture Circle.
(b) Punishment Cross.
(c) Death Row.
(d) Danger Zone.
3. Which of the following is an element of foreshadowing in the novel?
(a) Beauty wants to find love.
(b) Beauty catches the eye of the sultan immediately.
(c) Beauty wants to get a paying job.
(d) Beauty wants to escape.
4. What is the name of the queen Beauty served?
5. Who is Tristan in love with?
(b) The king.
(c) His master.
6. In which of the following does Laurent allude to being interested?
(a) Owning a slave.
(b) Being the sultan's slave.
(c) Finding Beauty.
7. What happens to the male slaves after they enter the garden?
(a) They are locked in a room.
(b) They meet the harem and the sultan.
(c) They are introduced to the harem.
(d) They are mounted on crosses.
8. How do both Laurent and Lexius feel after their sexual encounter?
9. What does Beauty notice about herself and the other slaves?
(a) The men are not as attracted to the master as the women.
(b) They are not as attracted to the master as she is attracted to him.
(c) They are not even paying attention to the master.
(d) They are unusually enrapt in the master's speech.
10. Beauty a favorite of __________.
(a) The princess.
(b) The prince.
(c) The king.
(d) The queen.
11. How does Laurent feel about being punished in front of the village?
(a) He is ashamed.
(b) He thinks it was more degrading than his current position.
(c) He enjoys it.
(d) He fears he will be killed.
12. What is happening in the garden where Tristan and Laurent are led?
(a) The harem is dealing with Beauty.
(b) Servants are setting up a banquet.
(c) The gardeners are working.
(d) Lexius and the sultan are having a discussion.
13. Who, in disguise, released Beauty from being tied up?
(b) The sultana.
(d) The sultan.
14. Laurent shows the most interest in ________________.
15. When Laurent considers his current position as a sex slave, how does he see the situation as a result of his equality with his mistress?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beauty, who is ashamed of their sexual urges?
2. Who raids the village?
3. From whose point of view is the first chapter told?
4. Which of the following tone changes are consistent with the occurrences in "The Watcher"?
5. In the queen's court, what was Beauty's role?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)