|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme in the relationship between Laurent and Lexius?
(c) Role reversal.
2. Which three characters are foreshadowed to have a strange relationship?
(a) Laurent, Beauty, the master.
(b) Tristan, Beauty, the master.
(c) Tristan, Beauty, Laurent.
(d) Rosalynd, Beauty, Elena.
3. Which slave receives anal probing as a punishment?
4. When three men enter the garden, who does the most important approach first?
5. Which of the following is an element of foreshadowing in the novel?
(a) Beauty wants to get a paying job.
(b) Beauty catches the eye of the sultan immediately.
(c) Beauty wants to escape.
(d) Beauty wants to find love.
6. Which of the following fears are shown when Beauty sees the women in the courtyard?
(a) Pleasuring a large number of people.
(b) Meeting new people.
(c) Being forced into engaging in sexual intercourse.
(d) Being sexually aroused.
7. Beauty concludes that the most beautiful woman must be ____________.
(a) The queen.
(b) The sultan's daughter.
(c) The sultana.
(d) The princess.
8. When the master addresses the slaves, why are they shocked?
(a) He addresses them in their own language.
(b) He is formal and rude.
(c) He is polite and informal.
(d) He doesn't know how to speak their language.
9. Laurent shows the most interest in ________________.
10. How do both Laurent and Lexius feel after their sexual encounter?
11. What word do the characters use to describe their genitals?
12. Who raids the village?
(b) The sultan's men.
(d) The king's men.
13. Who seems to acknowledge that the slaves are humans?
(a) The master.
(b) The sultan.
(c) A villager.
(d) An attendant.
14. Which of the following is shown in the inspection of the slaves?
15. What is the name of the woman with curly black hair that is considered very attractive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of sexual relationships were present in the queen's kingdom?
2. From whose point of view is the first chapter told?
3. When Laurent considers his current position as a sex slave, how does he see the situation as a result of his equality with his mistress?
4. When she is kidnapped, who is Beauty forced to serve?
5. After his conversation about love with Beauty, what does Laurent conclude about his mistress?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)