|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beauty's new dream as the ship anchors?
(a) To survive.
(b) To escape.
(c) To find love.
(d) To have sex with the sultan.
2. What is used to lead the group of slaves down the corridor?
(b) A rope.
(c) A bar.
(d) A chain.
3. How long before being kidnapped did Laurent run away from his mistress' household?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two months.
4. Beauty a favorite of __________.
(a) The prince.
(b) The princess.
(c) The queen.
(d) The king.
5. What does the master tell the slaves that they must do at all times?
(b) Bow their heads.
(c) Eat on the floor.
(d) Walk with excellent posture.
6. Where does Laurent wake up?
(a) On a horse.
(b) In a stable.
(c) On a ship.
(d) In the sultan's palace.
7. Besides Beauty, which other slaves are taken behind Laurent?
(a) Tristan and Elena.
(b) Elena and Rosalynd.
(c) Tristan and Rosalynd.
(d) Rosalynd and an unnamed man.
8. What is the name of the place Laurent is mounted as punishment?
(a) Danger Zone.
(b) Punishment Cross.
(c) Torture Circle.
(d) Death Row.
9. Whom does the master inspect last?
10. Laurent shows the most interest in ________________.
11. What is the name of Laurent's former mistress?
12. Beauty seem most fearful of _____________.
(a) Meeting the sultana.
(b) Having sex with the beautiful women.
(c) Being used as a human statue.
(d) Meeting the sultan.
13. Whom does Beauty most want to serve?
(b) Her old master.
14. Who defends Tristan's tears over leaving his master?
15. What does the master acknowledge about the slaves?
(a) They are all very attractive.
(b) They are all good slaves.
(c) They have higher reasoning.
(d) They are sexual beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lexius apply to Beauty's body when she is clean?
2. When Beauty thinks she is about to collapse, who appears to hold her as she is dried?
3. When the master inspects Beauty, what does he slap?
4. Which of the following tone changes are consistent with the occurrences in "The Watcher"?
5. Who, in disguise, released Beauty from being tied up?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)