|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the slaves are lifted and carried in a procession, where are they heading?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the sultan's palace.
(c) To the marketplace.
(d) To the queen's castle.
2. When Laurent compares his mistress to Beauty, what does he think makes the difference in regards to love?
3. Which of the following does Laurent regret?
(a) Serving his mistress so warmly.
(b) Leaving his mistress behind.
(c) Never being able to couple with the prince.
(d) Never being able to couple with Beauty.
4. What do the attendants treat the prisoners like?
(a) Kings and queens.
(c) Intelligent beings.
5. In the queen's court, what was Beauty's role?
(a) Sex slave.
(b) Child watcher.
(c) Naked princess.
6. Which of the following is a theme in the relationship between Laurent and Lexius?
(a) Role reversal.
7. What is the name of Laurent's former mistress?
8. What is the name of the master?
9. What does Beauty realize that the women in the harem are not supposed to feel?
10. Despite her submissiveness, what does Beauty remain?
11. What is the name of the woman with curly black hair that is considered very attractive?
12. Which of the following tone changes are consistent with the occurrences in "The Watcher"?
(a) Happiness to hostility.
(b) Desolation to eeriness.
(c) Desolation to joy.
(d) Desperation to eagerness.
13. What does the queen's emissary warn the prisoners of when they are kidnapped?
(a) To remain silent.
(b) To fight the sultan.
(c) To try to escape.
(d) To tell the sultan that the queen will have vengeance.
14. According to Beauty, who is ashamed of their sexual urges?
(c) The sultana.
(d) The sultan.
15. When the master caresses each of the slaves, whom does he linger on?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following happens after Beauty falls asleep alone in the chamber, tied up?
2. What is used to lead the group of slaves down the corridor?
3. What does Beauty realize about the sultana's body?
4. With what are Beauty's legs bound?
5. Where are the four slaves led?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)