|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Beauty, what type of life feels most natural to her?
2. What is the next process that the slaves have to go through after the master talks to them?
(a) Sensuality training.
3. What does Lexius apply to Beauty's body when she is clean?
(a) Bug repellent.
(b) Fruit glaze.
4. How does Laurent feel about being punished in front of the village?
(a) He is ashamed.
(b) He enjoys it.
(c) He fears he will be killed.
(d) He thinks it was more degrading than his current position.
5. When the master inspects Beauty, what does he slap?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her breasts.
(c) Her bottom.
(d) Her knees.
6. When the slaves are lifted and carried in a procession, where are they heading?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the sultan's palace.
(c) To the queen's castle.
(d) To the marketplace.
7. Which of the following is a theme in the relationship between Laurent and Lexius?
(a) Role reversal.
8. What is Beauty's new dream as the ship anchors?
(a) To escape.
(b) To survive.
(c) To find love.
(d) To have sex with the sultan.
9. What does Beauty realize about the sultana's body?
(a) She has received plastic surgery.
(b) She is slightly deformed.
(c) Her genitals have been mutilated.
(d) She was originally a man.
10. Who is Beauty attracted to?
(b) The king.
(c) The sultan.
11. Why is Beauty sent to the village?
(a) She rebels against orders.
(b) She has sex with a man.
(c) She is attracted to Laurent.
(d) She is supposed to start a family there.
12. After his conversation about love with Beauty, what does Laurent conclude about his mistress?
(a) His love for his mistress is different from Beauty's idea of love and Tristan's love for his master.
(b) His love for his mistress is like Beauty's idea of love.
(c) His love for his mistress is just like Beauty and Tristan's love.
(d) His love for his mistress is like Tritsan's love for his master.
13. From what point of view is Beauty's story told?
(a) First person.
(b) Limited third person.
(c) Omniscient third person.
(d) Second person.
14. How does Laurent feel when he sees what his punishment is going to be?
15. Beauty a favorite of __________.
(a) The princess.
(b) The prince.
(c) The king.
(d) The queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beauty feel when she realizes she is looking at the Harem of Beautiful and Virtuous Royal Wives?
2. What color is Beauty's hair?
3. What does Beauty realize that the women in the harem are not supposed to feel?
4. According to Beauty, who is ashamed of their sexual urges?
5. Who, in disguise, released Beauty from being tied up?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)