|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following fears are shown when Beauty sees the women in the courtyard?
(a) Being forced into engaging in sexual intercourse.
(b) Being sexually aroused.
(c) Pleasuring a large number of people.
(d) Meeting new people.
2. What does Beauty realize, in horror, that human are used as for the sultan?
(d) Sex slaves.
3. When the master caresses each of the slaves, whom does he linger on?
4. What is happening in the garden where Tristan and Laurent are led?
(a) Servants are setting up a banquet.
(b) Lexius and the sultan are having a discussion.
(c) The gardeners are working.
(d) The harem is dealing with Beauty.
5. When the slaves are lifted and carried in a procession, where are they heading?
(a) To the marketplace.
(b) To the sultan's palace.
(c) To the queen's castle.
(d) To the church.
6. According to Beauty, what type of life feels most natural to her?
7. When Laurent compares his mistress to Beauty, what does he think makes the difference in regards to love?
8. What is Beauty's new dream as the ship anchors?
(a) To find love.
(b) To escape.
(c) To have sex with the sultan.
(d) To survive.
9. Which of the following is a theme in the relationship between Laurent and Lexius?
(b) Role reversal.
10. Who, in disguise, released Beauty from being tied up?
(a) The sultana.
(c) The sultan.
11. What is done with Beauty's hair?
(a) It is cut short.
(b) It is fastened up.
(c) It is shaved.
(d) It is dyed.
12. Which of the following does Laurent regret?
(a) Never being able to couple with Beauty.
(b) Serving his mistress so warmly.
(c) Never being able to couple with the prince.
(d) Leaving his mistress behind.
13. What does Beauty realize about the sultana's body?
(a) She has received plastic surgery.
(b) She is slightly deformed.
(c) Her genitals have been mutilated.
(d) She was originally a man.
14. When three men enter the garden, who does the most important approach first?
15. When Beauty is pushed forward into the group of woman, what does Lexius warn her of?
(a) Not to tell anyone who she is.
(b) To introduce herself gently.
(c) Not to talk too much.
(d) Not to fail him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beauty notice about herself and the other slaves?
2. How do both Laurent and Lexius feel after their sexual encounter?
3. When Beauty thinks she is about to collapse, who appears to hold her as she is dried?
4. To what is Laurent's chained hooked?
5. What word do the characters use to describe their genitals?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)