|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty: Through the City and Into the Palace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the queen's court, what was Beauty's role?
(a) Naked princess.
(b) Sex slave.
(d) Child watcher.
2. What does the queen's emissary warn the prisoners of when they are kidnapped?
(a) To tell the sultan that the queen will have vengeance.
(b) To fight the sultan.
(c) To try to escape.
(d) To remain silent.
3. After his conversation about love with Beauty, what does Laurent conclude about his mistress?
(a) His love for his mistress is like Tritsan's love for his master.
(b) His love for his mistress is different from Beauty's idea of love and Tristan's love for his master.
(c) His love for his mistress is just like Beauty and Tristan's love.
(d) His love for his mistress is like Beauty's idea of love.
4. What is the tone used to indicate the attitude toward the relationships in the queen's kingdom?
5. When she is kidnapped, who is Beauty forced to serve?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an element of foreshadowing in the novel?
2. What is the name of the queen Beauty served?
3. What word do the characters use to describe their genitals?
4. What is Beauty's new dream as the ship anchors?
5. How does Laurent feel when he is with his mistress?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)