|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty: Through the City and Into the Palace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Laurent considers his current position as a sex slave, how does he see the situation as a result of his equality with his mistress?
2. When she is kidnapped, who is Beauty forced to serve?
3. Why is Beauty sent to the village?
(a) She has sex with a man.
(b) She rebels against orders.
(c) She is supposed to start a family there.
(d) She is attracted to Laurent.
4. What is used to lead the group of slaves down the corridor?
(a) A chain.
(b) A rope.
(c) A bar.
5. What does the queen's emissary warn the prisoners of when they are kidnapped?
(a) To tell the sultan that the queen will have vengeance.
(b) To remain silent.
(c) To fight the sultan.
(d) To try to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Laurent compares his mistress to Beauty, what does he think makes the difference in regards to love?
2. What color is the mesh that Laurent's fellow captives are wearing between their legs?
3. What submissive gesture do the slaves use when moving along the corridors?
4. What does the attendants' preparation of the slaves signify?
5. From whose point of view is the first chapter told?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)