|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years had Jerard already been a slave in the village, according to his own admission?
2. Nicolas kisses Tristan's ___________ quickly as he is in line with the other ponies.
3. Why couldn't the Princess see Tristan when he was brought into the room?
4. When Tristan is on display in the house, he is ordered to be ___________ properly, by the Mistress.
5. Tristan tells Beauty that he is more than ______________ in his new role as a slave with Nicolas.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In some cases, it seems the owners of the slaves begin to fall in love with their slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners are able to fall in love with their slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that these feelings of love are genuine or just based on how they want to feel about their relationship to the slave?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves should feel about being loved by their Masters or Mistresses?
Essay Topic 2
The many rules that the slaves have to follow cause them to be completely degraded and controlled.
Part 1: What is the goal of the training of these slaves?
Part 2: How do you think the rules help/hurt the training of a slave?
Part 3: Why do you think that there are so many rules for the slaves to follow in their time with their owners?
Essay Topic 3
The slaves are not supposed to talk to each other when they have time together.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves aren't allowed to talk to each other when they are alone?
Part 2: How do you think a Master or Mistress might be able to enforce this no talking rule?
Part 3: What sorts of information can be passed from slave to slave when they talk to each other?
This section contains 1,620 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)