|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty is described by the Captain as a naked, ravenous ___________ that foments the passion in him dangerously.
2. Richard tied the Mistress' ____________ as Beauty finally woke up after their sexual encounter.
3. Tristan immediately asks if Nicolas will ___________ outright, though Nicolas tells him to consider what he is saying.
4. What is Nicolas going to allow Tristan to do in order to make him happy?
5. All Beauty could think of was Tristan telling her it would take a lot of _________ to be bad all the time.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The objectification of the slaves in this book is difficult for some to read and to understand completely, as this is certainly not 'normal' by modern society's standards.
Part 1: Why do you think that the slaves are objectified during the course of their training and auctioning?
Part 2: What might happen if the slaves were allowed to feel like humans during their time as slaves?
Part 3: How does a person change when they are only judged by what they look like?
Essay Topic 2
The auctions have become a bit of public sport for the villagers, causing quite a stir when they occur each year.
Part 1: Why do you think the villagers enjoy the auctions so much?
Part 2: Do you think that the villagers should be allowed to attend the slave auctions?
Part 3: How do you think that slaves feel about having all of the villagers around to see them at the auctions?
Essay Topic 3
The slaves are called Princes and Princesses, bought and sold into slavery when they are children.
Part 1: Why do you think Princesses and Princes are turned into slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the value of the slaves goes up if they are royalty? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the suffering and humiliation of a Prince or Princess compares to a slave who is not royalty?
This section contains 1,628 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)