Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the belt that Mistress Lockley had in her hand when she was disciplining Beauty?
2. Nicolas tells Beauty that she will return to her regular __________ once she leaves the room after seeing Tristan.
3. After the beating, who does Tristan kneel before and hear the command for him to follow to the road along the ramparts.
4. Once the night with Nicolas is over, Tristan thinks that the soreness in all of his muscles and in his flesh is __________.
5. Who was the handsomest of princes from the castle who was taking a turn on the Public Turntable as Tristan was bathed?
Essay Topic 1
The objectification of the slaves in this book is difficult for some to read and to understand completely, as this is certainly not 'normal' by modern society's standards.
Part 1: Why do you think that the slaves are objectified during the course of their training and auctioning?
Part 2: What might happen if the slaves were allowed to feel like humans during their time as slaves?
Part 3: How does a person change when they are only judged by what they look like?
Essay Topic 2
The humiliation the slaves suffer during their lives is palpable in the story, with slaves feeling lower and lower as they are mistreated.
Part 1: Do you think that the slaves need to be humiliated in order to become obedient?
Part 2: Why is being humiliated such a painful experience for a slave?
Part 3: How do you think you would change if you were humiliated day after day?
Essay Topic 3
Tristan decides that he does not want to obey his Masters, preferring instead to rebel, though he is punished often as a result.
Part 1: Why do you think that Tristan decides to rebel in his training with various Masters?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea for any slave to rebel in their training?
Part 3: How do you think Tristan is being seen in the eyes of his owners and trainers as a result of his disobedience?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)