|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tristan see hanging of the wall when he enters the inn with Nicolas during this section of the book?
2. What does Tristan finally answer that he felt when he was subjected to all of the tortures and the roles?
3. Tristan sees a lovely village woman with a pretty ___________ skirt and white ruffled blouse paddling Beauty.
4. Nicolas kisses Tristan's ___________ quickly as he is in line with the other ponies.
5. What does Nicolas offer Tristan to drink as they are talking in the bedroom together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are called Princes and Princesses, bought and sold into slavery when they are children.
Part 1: Why do you think Princesses and Princes are turned into slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the value of the slaves goes up if they are royalty? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the suffering and humiliation of a Prince or Princess compares to a slave who is not royalty?
Essay Topic 2
The differences among the slave owners is vast, as those who own Tristan and Beauty at the end of the book seem to worship the slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think slaves are treated different, depending on their owners?
Part 2: Do you think the slave should be treated differently when they are with different owners? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a slave's knowledge is affected each time they have a new Master or Mistress?
Essay Topic 3
Some of the slaves receive more perks than other slaves might during their ownership and training.
Part 1: Do you think it's fair for some of the slaves to get more rewards than other slaves do?
Part 2: How do you think the relationships between the slaves change when they see others getting more rewards?
Part 3: Why do you think owners and other trainers decide to treat some slaves better than others?
This section contains 1,618 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)