|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beauty notice is different as she is walking in the village, though Richard tells her to be quiet?
2. What did the men squirt up into Beauty in order to clean her after the orgy which took place?
3. Tristan immediately asks if Nicolas will ___________ outright, though Nicolas tells him to consider what he is saying.
4. Beauty is described by the Captain as a naked, ravenous ___________ that foments the passion in him dangerously.
5. Richard tied the Mistress' ____________ as Beauty finally woke up after their sexual encounter.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The auctions have become a bit of public sport for the villagers, causing quite a stir when they occur each year.
Part 1: Why do you think the villagers enjoy the auctions so much?
Part 2: Do you think that the villagers should be allowed to attend the slave auctions?
Part 3: How do you think that slaves feel about having all of the villagers around to see them at the auctions?
Essay Topic 2
The slaves are simply objects which can be used and abused for any reason within the story.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners rent out their slaves or give them over to others?
Part 2: Do you think that the slave should be passed from person to person? How does this help/hinder their training?
Part 3: Why do you think that slaves aren't able to stay with just one person during their training?
Essay Topic 3
Some of the slaves receive more perks than other slaves might during their ownership and training.
Part 1: Do you think it's fair for some of the slaves to get more rewards than other slaves do?
Part 2: How do you think the relationships between the slaves change when they see others getting more rewards?
Part 3: Why do you think owners and other trainers decide to treat some slaves better than others?
This section contains 1,625 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)