Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the belt that Mistress Lockley had in her hand when she was disciplining Beauty?
2. Nicolas tells Beauty that she will return to her regular __________ once she leaves the room after seeing Tristan.
3. After the beating, who does Tristan kneel before and hear the command for him to follow to the road along the ramparts.
4. Once the night with Nicolas is over, Tristan thinks that the soreness in all of his muscles and in his flesh is __________.
5. Who was the handsomest of princes from the castle who was taking a turn on the Public Turntable as Tristan was bathed?
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are simply objects which can be used and abused for any reason within the story.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners rent out their slaves or give them over to others?
Part 2: Do you think that the slave should be passed from person to person? How does this help/hinder their training?
Part 3: Why do you think that slaves aren't able to stay with just one person during their training?
Essay Topic 2
The objectification of the slaves in this book is difficult for some to read and to understand completely, as this is certainly not 'normal' by modern society's standards.
Part 1: Why do you think that the slaves are objectified during the course of their training and auctioning?
Part 2: What might happen if the slaves were allowed to feel like humans during their time as slaves?
Part 3: How does a person change when they are only judged by what they look like?
Essay Topic 3
The sexual encounters of the slaves are many, with the slave rarely being able to achieve release of orgasm.
Part 1: Why is sexual arousal used in addition to pain in the training of the slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses use sex as a punishment as much as a reward?
Part 3: Do you think the slaves would be as eager to please without the sexual encounters?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)