|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the belt that Mistress Lockley had in her hand when she was disciplining Beauty?
2. Nicolas tells Beauty that she will return to her regular __________ once she leaves the room after seeing Tristan.
3. After the beating, who does Tristan kneel before and hear the command for him to follow to the road along the ramparts.
4. Once the night with Nicolas is over, Tristan thinks that the soreness in all of his muscles and in his flesh is __________.
5. Who was the handsomest of princes from the castle who was taking a turn on the Public Turntable as Tristan was bathed?
Essay Topic 1
The differences among the slave owners is vast, as those who own Tristan and Beauty at the end of the book seem to worship the slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think slaves are treated different, depending on their owners?
Part 2: Do you think the slave should be treated differently when they are with different owners? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a slave's knowledge is affected each time they have a new Master or Mistress?
Essay Topic 2
Sleeping Beauty is a slave from the moment this book starts to the end, which is a situation few could ever understand.
Part 1: Why do you think that Beauty seems to have come to peace with her role as a slave?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if someone were to take you on as a slave?
Part 3: Do you think that some people are born to be slaves?
Essay Topic 3
The people in the village sometimes are able to fondle the slaves if the slave's Mistress or Master allows them to.
Part 1: Why do you think the villagers seem to want a change to play with the slaves as well?
Part 2: Do you think that it's reasonable for the villagers to have their way with the slave too?
Part 3: How does this ability to be at the service of all affect the way the slave feels about themselves?
This section contains 1,634 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)