Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the belt that Mistress Lockley had in her hand when she was disciplining Beauty?
2. Nicolas tells Beauty that she will return to her regular __________ once she leaves the room after seeing Tristan.
3. After the beating, who does Tristan kneel before and hear the command for him to follow to the road along the ramparts.
4. Once the night with Nicolas is over, Tristan thinks that the soreness in all of his muscles and in his flesh is __________.
5. Who was the handsomest of princes from the castle who was taking a turn on the Public Turntable as Tristan was bathed?
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are treated like animals during the course of their training, made to live in animal conditions.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves are treated like animals?
Part 2: How do you think the treatment as lesser beings changes the way a slave looks at their Masters or Mistresses?
Part 3: Do you think a slave who was treated more humanely would be as obedient?
Essay Topic 2
Tristan decides that he does not want to obey his Masters, preferring instead to rebel, though he is punished often as a result.
Part 1: Why do you think that Tristan decides to rebel in his training with various Masters?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea for any slave to rebel in their training?
Part 3: How do you think Tristan is being seen in the eyes of his owners and trainers as a result of his disobedience?
Essay Topic 3
The differences among the slave owners is vast, as those who own Tristan and Beauty at the end of the book seem to worship the slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think slaves are treated different, depending on their owners?
Part 2: Do you think the slave should be treated differently when they are with different owners? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a slave's knowledge is affected each time they have a new Master or Mistress?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)