|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
2. Beauty thought it was positively odd not to be _____________ when she was being bathed and punished.
3. Beauty says that Tristan has given his ____________ to his Master and it is something she hasn't done yet.
4. What does Tristan finally answer that he felt when he was subjected to all of the tortures and the roles?
5. The Captain realized that ___________ had been Tristan's lover when he was at the castle.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The people in the village sometimes are able to fondle the slaves if the slave's Mistress or Master allows them to.
Part 1: Why do you think the villagers seem to want a change to play with the slaves as well?
Part 2: Do you think that it's reasonable for the villagers to have their way with the slave too?
Part 3: How does this ability to be at the service of all affect the way the slave feels about themselves?
Essay Topic 2
The differences among the slave owners is vast, as those who own Tristan and Beauty at the end of the book seem to worship the slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think slaves are treated different, depending on their owners?
Part 2: Do you think the slave should be treated differently when they are with different owners? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a slave's knowledge is affected each time they have a new Master or Mistress?
Essay Topic 3
Sleeping Beauty is a slave from the moment this book starts to the end, which is a situation few could ever understand.
Part 1: Why do you think that Beauty seems to have come to peace with her role as a slave?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if someone were to take you on as a slave?
Part 3: Do you think that some people are born to be slaves?
This section contains 1,627 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)