|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan believes it ___________ Nicolas to see Tristan and Beauty to be happily together.
2. While Tristan has already been with the Princess in the tent, he realizes his ____________ has redoubled upon going to his Master.
3. Beauty feels badly for the runaway slave as the slave now has no loving ______________ to guide him.
4. Tristan feels as though he was emptied like a __________ when the phallus is removed from his body.
5. What does the Mistress apply to Tristan as he is bound to the wall during the day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are simply objects which can be used and abused for any reason within the story.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners rent out their slaves or give them over to others?
Part 2: Do you think that the slave should be passed from person to person? How does this help/hinder their training?
Part 3: Why do you think that slaves aren't able to stay with just one person during their training?
Essay Topic 2
The many rules that the slaves have to follow cause them to be completely degraded and controlled.
Part 1: What is the goal of the training of these slaves?
Part 2: How do you think the rules help/hurt the training of a slave?
Part 3: Why do you think that there are so many rules for the slaves to follow in their time with their owners?
Essay Topic 3
The humiliation the slaves suffer during their lives is palpable in the story, with slaves feeling lower and lower as they are mistreated.
Part 1: Do you think that the slaves need to be humiliated in order to become obedient?
Part 2: Why is being humiliated such a painful experience for a slave?
Part 3: How do you think you would change if you were humiliated day after day?
This section contains 1,617 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)