|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicolas bring to the bed where he and Tristan will be lying down?
2. Tristan tells Beauty that he is more than ______________ in his new role as a slave with Nicolas.
3. Beauty says that Tristan has given his ____________ to his Master and it is something she hasn't done yet.
4. Once Beauty is done with cleaning up the room where she and the Captain are, she will be cleaned and serve in the __________.
5. Tristan immediately asks if Nicolas will ___________ outright, though Nicolas tells him to consider what he is saying.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sleeping Beauty is a slave from the moment this book starts to the end, which is a situation few could ever understand.
Part 1: Why do you think that Beauty seems to have come to peace with her role as a slave?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if someone were to take you on as a slave?
Part 3: Do you think that some people are born to be slaves?
Essay Topic 2
Obedience is the primary concern for those who own the slaves or who are using the slaves for a time.
Part 1: Why is obedience an important quality for the slaves to have?
Part 2: Do you think that anyone can be completely obedient? Why or why not
Part 3: Why do you think that the Masters and Mistresses expect perfection from their slaves?
Essay Topic 3
Tristan decides that he does not want to obey his Masters, preferring instead to rebel, though he is punished often as a result.
Part 1: Why do you think that Tristan decides to rebel in his training with various Masters?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea for any slave to rebel in their training?
Part 3: How do you think Tristan is being seen in the eyes of his owners and trainers as a result of his disobedience?
This section contains 1,630 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)