|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Only vaguely was Beauty aware of the ____________ being jerked by the Captain as she was sleeping.
2. Beauty says that Tristan has given his ____________ to his Master and it is something she hasn't done yet.
3. Tristan started to ___________, weary and desperate from the exertions and the starvation of his loins.
4. Tristan is awakened and pulled from the bed by one the servants at _______________ of the day.
5. Beauty feels badly for the runaway slave as the slave now has no loving ______________ to guide him.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are not supposed to talk to each other when they have time together.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves aren't allowed to talk to each other when they are alone?
Part 2: How do you think a Master or Mistress might be able to enforce this no talking rule?
Part 3: What sorts of information can be passed from slave to slave when they talk to each other?
Essay Topic 2
Slaves are punished publicly for the bad deeds they have done, put into the center of town for display.
Part 1: Do you think public punishment is more or less effective than private punishment?
Part 2: Why do you think public punishment is used for slaves who misbehave?
Part 3: How do you think slaves change after they have been publicly punished for bad behaviors?
Essay Topic 3
The slaves are simply objects which can be used and abused for any reason within the story.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners rent out their slaves or give them over to others?
Part 2: Do you think that the slave should be passed from person to person? How does this help/hinder their training?
Part 3: Why do you think that slaves aren't able to stay with just one person during their training?
This section contains 1,617 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)