|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the drink the slaves were allowed to lap up when they were eating dinner with the others?
2. Nicolas tells Tristan, "I have never loved any _________ as I love you," when they are finally alone together.
3. Nicolas tells Tristan that ___________ is up to become a slave for the next year, in accordance with the ritual.
4. What is Nicolas going to allow Tristan to do in order to make him happy?
5. Tristan realizes that being Stefan's lover made his slave role _________ and so Tristan could not submit to him.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tristan decides that he does not want to obey his Masters, preferring instead to rebel, though he is punished often as a result.
Part 1: Why do you think that Tristan decides to rebel in his training with various Masters?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea for any slave to rebel in their training?
Part 3: How do you think Tristan is being seen in the eyes of his owners and trainers as a result of his disobedience?
Essay Topic 2
The sexual encounters of the slaves are many, with the slave rarely being able to achieve release of orgasm.
Part 1: Why is sexual arousal used in addition to pain in the training of the slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses use sex as a punishment as much as a reward?
Part 3: Do you think the slaves would be as eager to please without the sexual encounters?
Essay Topic 3
The many rules that the slaves have to follow cause them to be completely degraded and controlled.
Part 1: What is the goal of the training of these slaves?
Part 2: How do you think the rules help/hurt the training of a slave?
Part 3: Why do you think that there are so many rules for the slaves to follow in their time with their owners?
This section contains 1,628 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)