|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicolas answer when Tristan asks him if a slave is ever granted a request?
2. Tristan is awakened and pulled from the bed by one the servants at _______________ of the day.
3. What does Nicolas bring to the bed where he and Tristan will be lying down?
4. What did the men squirt up into Beauty in order to clean her after the orgy which took place?
5. Who is the runaway that Beauty tells Tristan about, though she seems to want to be captured in the same way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are called Princes and Princesses, bought and sold into slavery when they are children.
Part 1: Why do you think Princesses and Princes are turned into slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the value of the slaves goes up if they are royalty? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the suffering and humiliation of a Prince or Princess compares to a slave who is not royalty?
Essay Topic 2
In some cases, it seems the owners of the slaves begin to fall in love with their slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners are able to fall in love with their slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that these feelings of love are genuine or just based on how they want to feel about their relationship to the slave?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves should feel about being loved by their Masters or Mistresses?
Essay Topic 3
The auctions have become a bit of public sport for the villagers, causing quite a stir when they occur each year.
Part 1: Why do you think the villagers enjoy the auctions so much?
Part 2: Do you think that the villagers should be allowed to attend the slave auctions?
Part 3: How do you think that slaves feel about having all of the villagers around to see them at the auctions?
This section contains 1,627 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)