|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mistress apply to Tristan as he is bound to the wall during the day?
2. Tristan says that one has to __________ his Master or Mistress, but he did not feel this way about Stefan.
3. The Captain describes ____________ as one of the wildest slaves he's known, broke and ran through the forest when the slave was ordered to strip.
4. Tristan immediately asks if Nicolas will ___________ outright, though Nicolas tells him to consider what he is saying.
5. Another slave tries to console Tristan's desires by telling him that the one chosen must __________ in the beginning.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Obedience is the primary concern for those who own the slaves or who are using the slaves for a time.
Part 1: Why is obedience an important quality for the slaves to have?
Part 2: Do you think that anyone can be completely obedient? Why or why not
Part 3: Why do you think that the Masters and Mistresses expect perfection from their slaves?
Essay Topic 2
The slaves are not supposed to talk to each other when they have time together.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves aren't allowed to talk to each other when they are alone?
Part 2: How do you think a Master or Mistress might be able to enforce this no talking rule?
Part 3: What sorts of information can be passed from slave to slave when they talk to each other?
Essay Topic 3
The people in the village sometimes are able to fondle the slaves if the slave's Mistress or Master allows them to.
Part 1: Why do you think the villagers seem to want a change to play with the slaves as well?
Part 2: Do you think that it's reasonable for the villagers to have their way with the slave too?
Part 3: How does this ability to be at the service of all affect the way the slave feels about themselves?
This section contains 1,633 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)