|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another slave tries to console Tristan's desires by telling him that the one chosen must __________ in the beginning.
2. Why couldn't the Princess see Tristan when he was brought into the room?
3. Tristan sees a lovely village woman with a pretty ___________ skirt and white ruffled blouse paddling Beauty.
4. Beauty says that Tristan has given his ____________ to his Master and it is something she hasn't done yet.
5. Tristan is awakened and pulled from the bed by one the servants at _______________ of the day.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Obedience is the primary concern for those who own the slaves or who are using the slaves for a time.
Part 1: Why is obedience an important quality for the slaves to have?
Part 2: Do you think that anyone can be completely obedient? Why or why not
Part 3: Why do you think that the Masters and Mistresses expect perfection from their slaves?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the slaves receive more perks than other slaves might during their ownership and training.
Part 1: Do you think it's fair for some of the slaves to get more rewards than other slaves do?
Part 2: How do you think the relationships between the slaves change when they see others getting more rewards?
Part 3: Why do you think owners and other trainers decide to treat some slaves better than others?
Essay Topic 3
The objectification of the slaves in this book is difficult for some to read and to understand completely, as this is certainly not 'normal' by modern society's standards.
Part 1: Why do you think that the slaves are objectified during the course of their training and auctioning?
Part 2: What might happen if the slaves were allowed to feel like humans during their time as slaves?
Part 3: How does a person change when they are only judged by what they look like?
This section contains 1,624 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)