|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty thought it was positively odd not to be _____________ when she was being bathed and punished.
2. Nicolas tells Tristan that ___________ is up to become a slave for the next year, in accordance with the ritual.
3. What did people carry their wine around in as they were walked about the village?
4. What does the Mistress apply to Tristan as he is bound to the wall during the day?
5. Only vaguely was Beauty aware of the ____________ being jerked by the Captain as she was sleeping.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of the slaves receive more perks than other slaves might during their ownership and training.
Part 1: Do you think it's fair for some of the slaves to get more rewards than other slaves do?
Part 2: How do you think the relationships between the slaves change when they see others getting more rewards?
Part 3: Why do you think owners and other trainers decide to treat some slaves better than others?
Essay Topic 2
Beauty begins to realize she is reacting to pain with pleasure, something she didn't do before.
Part 1: Why might the pain begin to become pleasurable to a person?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses intend for the pain of the slave to become pleasurable?
Part 3: Do you think that the slaves are being trained to interpret pain as pleasure?
Essay Topic 3
In some cases, it seems the owners of the slaves begin to fall in love with their slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners are able to fall in love with their slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that these feelings of love are genuine or just based on how they want to feel about their relationship to the slave?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves should feel about being loved by their Masters or Mistresses?
This section contains 1,619 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)