|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prince Richard allowed Beauty to _________ a little slowly, though he eventually told her to perk up lest they be whipped.
2. What does Nicolas bring to the bed where he and Tristan will be lying down?
3. What color was the belt that Mistress Lockley had in her hand when she was disciplining Beauty?
4. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
5. Where does Beauty go when she realizes that the Mistress is upset with her and will probably punish her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of the slaves receive more perks than other slaves might during their ownership and training.
Part 1: Do you think it's fair for some of the slaves to get more rewards than other slaves do?
Part 2: How do you think the relationships between the slaves change when they see others getting more rewards?
Part 3: Why do you think owners and other trainers decide to treat some slaves better than others?
Essay Topic 2
The slaves are treated like animals during the course of their training, made to live in animal conditions.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves are treated like animals?
Part 2: How do you think the treatment as lesser beings changes the way a slave looks at their Masters or Mistresses?
Part 3: Do you think a slave who was treated more humanely would be as obedient?
Essay Topic 3
The people in the village sometimes are able to fondle the slaves if the slave's Mistress or Master allows them to.
Part 1: Why do you think the villagers seem to want a change to play with the slaves as well?
Part 2: Do you think that it's reasonable for the villagers to have their way with the slave too?
Part 3: How does this ability to be at the service of all affect the way the slave feels about themselves?
This section contains 1,632 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)