|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another slave tries to console Tristan's desires by telling him that the one chosen must __________ in the beginning.
2. What does Tristan finally answer that he felt when he was subjected to all of the tortures and the roles?
3. What does Nicolas offer Tristan to drink as they are talking in the bedroom together?
4. What does Tristan do as he is taking the Princess as his Mistress commands him to do?
5. Who rode in the coach beside a tall man, and his/her appearance was a surprise to Tristan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Beauty begins to realize she is reacting to pain with pleasure, something she didn't do before.
Part 1: Why might the pain begin to become pleasurable to a person?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses intend for the pain of the slave to become pleasurable?
Part 3: Do you think that the slaves are being trained to interpret pain as pleasure?
Essay Topic 2
The humiliation the slaves suffer during their lives is palpable in the story, with slaves feeling lower and lower as they are mistreated.
Part 1: Do you think that the slaves need to be humiliated in order to become obedient?
Part 2: Why is being humiliated such a painful experience for a slave?
Part 3: How do you think you would change if you were humiliated day after day?
Essay Topic 3
There are small favors the slaves can enjoy when they are with their Masters and Mistresses.
Part 1: Do you think these small rewards are helpful in the training of slaves?
Part 2: Why do you think the owners reward their slaves at all, especially since they don't have to?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves feel about having small rewards during their training?
This section contains 1,642 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)