|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan sees a lovely village woman with a pretty ___________ skirt and white ruffled blouse paddling Beauty.
2. Tristan immediately asks if Nicolas will ___________ outright, though Nicolas tells him to consider what he is saying.
3. Nicolas tells Tristan, "I have never loved any _________ as I love you," when they are finally alone together.
4. The Master was wearing a doublet of __________ velvet with fancy balloon sleeves and looked like a Prince.
5. Once the night with Nicolas is over, Tristan thinks that the soreness in all of his muscles and in his flesh is __________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The auctions have become a bit of public sport for the villagers, causing quite a stir when they occur each year.
Part 1: Why do you think the villagers enjoy the auctions so much?
Part 2: Do you think that the villagers should be allowed to attend the slave auctions?
Part 3: How do you think that slaves feel about having all of the villagers around to see them at the auctions?
Essay Topic 2
There are small favors the slaves can enjoy when they are with their Masters and Mistresses.
Part 1: Do you think these small rewards are helpful in the training of slaves?
Part 2: Why do you think the owners reward their slaves at all, especially since they don't have to?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves feel about having small rewards during their training?
Essay Topic 3
The slaves are not supposed to talk to each other when they have time together.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves aren't allowed to talk to each other when they are alone?
Part 2: How do you think a Master or Mistress might be able to enforce this no talking rule?
Part 3: What sorts of information can be passed from slave to slave when they talk to each other?
This section contains 1,628 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)