|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty was excited for the possible chance to see _________ that evening and the hours dragged on as a result.
2. Richard wants to take what off of the Mistress when he is taken with Beauty up to her bedroom?
3. Tristan sees a lovely village woman with a pretty ___________ skirt and white ruffled blouse paddling Beauty.
4. After the beating, who does Tristan kneel before and hear the command for him to follow to the road along the ramparts.
5. Who does Mistress Lockley kiss which makes Beauty feel jealous of this other slave's position?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Beauty begins to realize she is reacting to pain with pleasure, something she didn't do before.
Part 1: Why might the pain begin to become pleasurable to a person?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses intend for the pain of the slave to become pleasurable?
Part 3: Do you think that the slaves are being trained to interpret pain as pleasure?
Essay Topic 2
Obedience is the primary concern for those who own the slaves or who are using the slaves for a time.
Part 1: Why is obedience an important quality for the slaves to have?
Part 2: Do you think that anyone can be completely obedient? Why or why not
Part 3: Why do you think that the Masters and Mistresses expect perfection from their slaves?
Essay Topic 3
The slaves are called Princes and Princesses, bought and sold into slavery when they are children.
Part 1: Why do you think Princesses and Princes are turned into slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the value of the slaves goes up if they are royalty? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the suffering and humiliation of a Prince or Princess compares to a slave who is not royalty?
This section contains 1,630 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)