|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Beauty being taken at the beginning of this section of the book?
2. What did the slave of the court get to experience after the punishments they received?
3. Who was the sometime Mistress of Beauty when she was in the Court as a slave?
4. The woman she was with was walking so fast that Beauty had to ________, even if she didn't want to.
5. The Mistress lets Tristan know that it will be rare for them to leave the ___________ unplugged.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicolas ask Tristan if he had learned as Tristan was being paraded through the street?
2. What does Tristan have to do, according to Nicolas, before he can go to see Beauty?
3. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about as they are being carried to the auction?
4. What does the Commander of the Patrol warn the slaves to do as they are being removed from the cart?
5. What is Beauty shocked to see as she is brought to the inn and to her new home as a slave?
6. Who is Sleeping Beauty infatuated with when she first wakes up after being asleep?
7. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
8. Who does the Mistress take into bed with her after the work is done for the day?
9. Describe the conditions the slaves are in as they are being brought to the public auction in order to be sold.
10. How did the Captain decide to ravage the young Beauty after she pleasured herself in front of him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are treated like animals during the course of their training, made to live in animal conditions.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves are treated like animals?
Part 2: How do you think the treatment as lesser beings changes the way a slave looks at their Masters or Mistresses?
Part 3: Do you think a slave who was treated more humanely would be as obedient?
Essay Topic 2
There are small favors the slaves can enjoy when they are with their Masters and Mistresses.
Part 1: Do you think these small rewards are helpful in the training of slaves?
Part 2: Why do you think the owners reward their slaves at all, especially since they don't have to?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves feel about having small rewards during their training?
Essay Topic 3
The objectification of the slaves in this book is difficult for some to read and to understand completely, as this is certainly not 'normal' by modern society's standards.
Part 1: Why do you think that the slaves are objectified during the course of their training and auctioning?
Part 2: What might happen if the slaves were allowed to feel like humans during their time as slaves?
Part 3: How does a person change when they are only judged by what they look like?
This section contains 2,000 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)