|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many princes and princesses are sent to become slaves of the Court until they should be rewarded and sent home to their ___________.
2. The handle of the dagger was gold and was encrusted with emeralds and _________ as Beauty saw it come toward her.
3. Where did Mistress Lockley force Beauty to go up to when she took her out and dried her hair?
4. Tristan is warned that if he does not obey orders, then he will be strapped on the ________________.
5. The Captain's mouth sucked the ___________ out of Beauty as they made love together for the first time in this section.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tristan reveal about his relationship with the Lord Stefan when he is talking with Beauty?
2. When are the slaves not ignored by the villagers, according to the observations of Beauty as she walks through town?
3. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about as they are being carried to the auction?
4. Describe the conditions the slaves are in as they are being brought to the public auction in order to be sold.
5. What does Tristan realize when Nicolas is sleeping after their conversation together?
6. How did the Captain decide to ravage the young Beauty after she pleasured herself in front of him?
7. What does Beauty find herself enjoying about the Mistress as they are getting to know each other?
8. What does Tristan have to do as Nicolas is having dinner for a number of hours?
9. What is the first punishment that Beauty is made to do with the other slaves in the middle of the village?
10. How do the slaves at the Mistress' inn go about cleaning the floor and the inside of the inn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In some cases, it seems the owners of the slaves begin to fall in love with their slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners are able to fall in love with their slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that these feelings of love are genuine or just based on how they want to feel about their relationship to the slave?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves should feel about being loved by their Masters or Mistresses?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the slaves receive more perks than other slaves might during their ownership and training.
Part 1: Do you think it's fair for some of the slaves to get more rewards than other slaves do?
Part 2: How do you think the relationships between the slaves change when they see others getting more rewards?
Part 3: Why do you think owners and other trainers decide to treat some slaves better than others?
Essay Topic 3
Slaves are punished publicly for the bad deeds they have done, put into the center of town for display.
Part 1: Do you think public punishment is more or less effective than private punishment?
Part 2: Why do you think public punishment is used for slaves who misbehave?
Part 3: How do you think slaves change after they have been publicly punished for bad behaviors?
This section contains 2,049 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)