Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty is bound up as she is given to her new owner, thinking that it was very clever that she would be led around as though she were a little _________.
2. Tristan realizes he heard a number of kind words of ___________ from his previous Master, though he had still chosen to disobey.
3. Where were the soldiers riding close to so as to make sure they could still reach the slaves to beat them as they traveled?
4. Where did the slaves at the Court sleep, unconcerned for the disobedient ones who were being taken away?
5. Beauty began to feel that beatings and paddling were become more ____________ and it seemed strange to her.
Short Essay Questions
1. How must Tristan and the other slaves he is with feed when they are in their stable together?
2. How does Nicolas surprise Tristan when he returns to the bedchamber?
3. What is Tristan forced to do to Nicolas, which surprisingly arouses him as he does so?
4. What does the Lord have to say about the pirates' taste in slaves during their raid?
5. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about in relation to their roles as pleasure slaves for their owners?
6. How is Tristan supposed to enter the house of Nicolas when he is brought there?
7. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
8. What is the trouble with Beauty's feelings for the Crown Prince when they are first making love?
9. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
10. What does Nicolas do as he passes Tristan in the courtyard, though none of the other slaves seems to notice?
Sleeping Beauty is a slave from the moment this book starts to the end, which is a situation few could ever understand.
Part 1: Why do you think that Beauty seems to have come to peace with her role as a slave?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if someone were to take you on as a slave?
Part 3: Do you think that some people are born to be slaves?
Obedience is the primary concern for those who own the slaves or who are using the slaves for a time.
Part 1: Why is obedience an important quality for the slaves to have?
Part 2: Do you think that anyone can be completely obedient? Why or why not
Part 3: Why do you think that the Masters and Mistresses expect perfection from their slaves?
The slaves are not supposed to talk to each other when they have time together.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves aren't allowed to talk to each other when they are alone?
Part 2: How do you think a Master or Mistress might be able to enforce this no talking rule?
Part 3: What sorts of information can be passed from slave to slave when they talk to each other?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)