|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the auctioneer compare Beauty's hair to as he is describing her to the crowd?
2. Tristan notices that his new Master had long and lean ___________ which grab his attention first.
3. How were Beauty's protests silenced during the experience with the Captain?
4. The Mistress wants Beauty to whimper with ___________ for her supper when she gets it and to lick her plate clean.
5. What did the Captain do as he called Beauty his slave at the end of their time together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicolas ask Tristan if he had learned as Tristan was being paraded through the street?
2. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
3. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
4. How is Tristan supposed to enter the house of Nicolas when he is brought there?
5. What happens after the slaves have been with the Sultan for the time period they have contracted?
6. What is the slave who is being punished and tortured in the middle of the marketplace forced to do?
7. How does Mistress Lockley handle Tristan when he is brought to the inn by Nicolas?
8. What does Beauty decide to do as she cannot bear to be humiliated anymore by the crowd?
9. What does Tristan reveal about his relationship with the Lord Stefan when he is talking with Beauty?
10. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about as they are being carried to the auction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The differences among the slave owners is vast, as those who own Tristan and Beauty at the end of the book seem to worship the slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think slaves are treated different, depending on their owners?
Part 2: Do you think the slave should be treated differently when they are with different owners? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a slave's knowledge is affected each time they have a new Master or Mistress?
Essay Topic 2
Sleeping Beauty is a slave from the moment this book starts to the end, which is a situation few could ever understand.
Part 1: Why do you think that Beauty seems to have come to peace with her role as a slave?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if someone were to take you on as a slave?
Part 3: Do you think that some people are born to be slaves?
Essay Topic 3
The sexual encounters of the slaves are many, with the slave rarely being able to achieve release of orgasm.
Part 1: Why is sexual arousal used in addition to pain in the training of the slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses use sex as a punishment as much as a reward?
Part 3: Do you think the slaves would be as eager to please without the sexual encounters?
This section contains 2,022 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)