|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Captain's mouth sucked the ___________ out of Beauty as they made love together for the first time in this section.
2. Nicolas believes that Tristan would have gone for ____________ the price if he had gone later on in the auction.
3. Tristan realizes he heard a number of kind words of ___________ from his previous Master, though he had still chosen to disobey.
4. What does Mistress Lockley want the man to get for her when Beauty first arrives at the inn?
5. The Captain wants her to do something for him: "You will put your __________ between your legs."
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Captain decide to ravage the young Beauty after she pleasured herself in front of him?
2. Why was Jerard now a slave alongside Tristan, as he explains to him when they are able to communicate?
3. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
4. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
5. What are Tristan and Beauty able to do since they are being jostled about in the cart?
6. What do the slaves learn about their new owner and the length of their enslavement?
7. What does Beauty decide to do as she cannot bear to be humiliated anymore by the crowd?
8. What is the agreement between the slaves and their owners, which Beauty finds out in the beginning?
9. What do the slaves learn about the Sultan and the way that he will treat his slaves?
10. What do the slaves have to do in order to get to the auction block in the center of town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The differences among the slave owners is vast, as those who own Tristan and Beauty at the end of the book seem to worship the slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think slaves are treated different, depending on their owners?
Part 2: Do you think the slave should be treated differently when they are with different owners? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a slave's knowledge is affected each time they have a new Master or Mistress?
Essay Topic 2
There are small favors the slaves can enjoy when they are with their Masters and Mistresses.
Part 1: Do you think these small rewards are helpful in the training of slaves?
Part 2: Why do you think the owners reward their slaves at all, especially since they don't have to?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves feel about having small rewards during their training?
Essay Topic 3
Beauty begins to realize she is reacting to pain with pleasure, something she didn't do before.
Part 1: Why might the pain begin to become pleasurable to a person?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses intend for the pain of the slave to become pleasurable?
Part 3: Do you think that the slaves are being trained to interpret pain as pleasure?
This section contains 2,032 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)