|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan is warned that if he does not obey orders, then he will be strapped on the ________________.
2. What color are the eyes of Nicolas, as Tristan discovers when he is stopped with a new order?
3. What begins to take Beauty to her new place of enslavement as the opening chapter ends?
4. What was Beauty forced to do when she entered the room and Mistress Lockley pushed her forward?
5. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the slave who is hanging up do when she realizes Mistress Lockley is coming?
2. Who is Sleeping Beauty infatuated with when she first wakes up after being asleep?
3. Who is Beauty eventually sold to and for what price during the bidding at the public auction?
4. What is the agreement between the slaves and their owners, which Beauty finds out in the beginning?
5. What have Sleeping Beauty's parents consented for the Crown Prince to do with Beauty?
6. What is the trouble with Beauty's feelings for the Crown Prince when they are first making love?
7. What does Tristan get to do as he is serving Nicolas in the manner described in number #43?
8. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
9. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
10. What must the slaves wear in their mouths in order to help control them further during their placement as slaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are treated like animals during the course of their training, made to live in animal conditions.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves are treated like animals?
Part 2: How do you think the treatment as lesser beings changes the way a slave looks at their Masters or Mistresses?
Part 3: Do you think a slave who was treated more humanely would be as obedient?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the slaves receive more perks than other slaves might during their ownership and training.
Part 1: Do you think it's fair for some of the slaves to get more rewards than other slaves do?
Part 2: How do you think the relationships between the slaves change when they see others getting more rewards?
Part 3: Why do you think owners and other trainers decide to treat some slaves better than others?
Essay Topic 3
The slaves are simply objects which can be used and abused for any reason within the story.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners rent out their slaves or give them over to others?
Part 2: Do you think that the slave should be passed from person to person? How does this help/hinder their training?
Part 3: Why do you think that slaves aren't able to stay with just one person during their training?
This section contains 2,004 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)