|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty realizes the slaves are beginning to look normal to her; one cleaned a ______________ on her hands and knees.
2. The Mistress lets Tristan know that it will be rare for them to leave the ___________ unplugged.
3. What was Beauty forced to do when she entered the room and Mistress Lockley pushed her forward?
4. Tristan clung to the _________ memory of Beauty's exquisite face and the flashing of disobedience in her eyes.
5. The Captain instructs Beauty to always kiss his ___________ when he is at the inn and she is in the room with him.
Short Essay Questions
1. When are the slaves not ignored by the villagers, according to the observations of Beauty as she walks through town?
2. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
3. How did the Queen's Chronicler parade Tristan through town, causing him to think about whether he should have obeyed his other Master?
4. What happens after the slaves have been with the Sultan for the time period they have contracted?
5. What does Tristan realize when Nicolas is sleeping after their conversation together?
6. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
7. What does Nicolas ask Tristan if he had learned as Tristan was being paraded through the street?
8. Describe the conditions the slaves are in as they are being brought to the public auction in order to be sold.
9. How does Mistress Lockley handle Tristan when he is brought to the inn by Nicolas?
10. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are not supposed to talk to each other when they have time together.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves aren't allowed to talk to each other when they are alone?
Part 2: How do you think a Master or Mistress might be able to enforce this no talking rule?
Part 3: What sorts of information can be passed from slave to slave when they talk to each other?
Essay Topic 2
Tristan decides that he does not want to obey his Masters, preferring instead to rebel, though he is punished often as a result.
Part 1: Why do you think that Tristan decides to rebel in his training with various Masters?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea for any slave to rebel in their training?
Part 3: How do you think Tristan is being seen in the eyes of his owners and trainers as a result of his disobedience?
Essay Topic 3
The sexual encounters of the slaves are many, with the slave rarely being able to achieve release of orgasm.
Part 1: Why is sexual arousal used in addition to pain in the training of the slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses use sex as a punishment as much as a reward?
Part 3: Do you think the slaves would be as eager to please without the sexual encounters?
This section contains 2,025 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)