|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty realized that it did not matter if she walked to the the platform and the turntable in ____________.
2. What was just fading out of the morning sky as the slaves were traveling in the cart to their new home?
3. There was also a disobedient slave when Beauty was with the Queen. His name was Prince ___________.
4. Tristan is warned that if he does not obey orders, then he will be strapped on the ________________.
5. What did Tristan remove from himself as he and Beauty were sitting in the cart together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Captain order Beauty to do when she entered his room for the first time?
2. What happens after the slaves have been with the Sultan for the time period they have contracted?
3. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
4. What does Tristan reveal about his relationship with the Lord Stefan when he is talking with Beauty?
5. What must the slaves wear in their mouths in order to help control them further during their placement as slaves?
6. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about in relation to their roles as pleasure slaves for their owners?
7. What happens to Beauty as a result of becoming a slave who is to be sold?
8. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
9. What does the Mistress Lockley want Tristan to do and she pays ten pence so that it can happen?
10. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are not supposed to talk to each other when they have time together.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves aren't allowed to talk to each other when they are alone?
Part 2: How do you think a Master or Mistress might be able to enforce this no talking rule?
Part 3: What sorts of information can be passed from slave to slave when they talk to each other?
Essay Topic 2
There are small favors the slaves can enjoy when they are with their Masters and Mistresses.
Part 1: Do you think these small rewards are helpful in the training of slaves?
Part 2: Why do you think the owners reward their slaves at all, especially since they don't have to?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves feel about having small rewards during their training?
Essay Topic 3
The objectification of the slaves in this book is difficult for some to read and to understand completely, as this is certainly not 'normal' by modern society's standards.
Part 1: Why do you think that the slaves are objectified during the course of their training and auctioning?
Part 2: What might happen if the slaves were allowed to feel like humans during their time as slaves?
Part 3: How does a person change when they are only judged by what they look like?
This section contains 2,020 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)