|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Captain instructs Beauty to always kiss his ___________ when he is at the inn and she is in the room with him.
2. In some realm, as Beauty and Tristan were making love, she felt that she was not ___________.
3. What did the Captain use in order to inspect the endowments of Beauty as she was laid down?
4. The Captain's mouth sucked the ___________ out of Beauty as they made love together for the first time in this section.
5. What color are the eyes of Nicolas, as Tristan discovers when he is stopped with a new order?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tristan reveal about his relationship with the Lord Stefan when he is talking with Beauty?
2. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
3. What must the slaves wear in their mouths in order to help control them further during their placement as slaves?
4. What is the rumor that Beauty shares with Tristan as they are talking, and Nicolas overhears this rumor?
5. Who does the Mistress take into bed with her after the work is done for the day?
6. What are some signs that others in the village seem to think fondly of Tristan and of his role as a slave?
7. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
8. What are Tristan and Beauty able to do since they are being jostled about in the cart?
9. What happens after the slaves have been with the Sultan for the time period they have contracted?
10. What is Beauty surprised to find when she wakes up in the Captain's room in the morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are called Princes and Princesses, bought and sold into slavery when they are children.
Part 1: Why do you think Princesses and Princes are turned into slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the value of the slaves goes up if they are royalty? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the suffering and humiliation of a Prince or Princess compares to a slave who is not royalty?
Essay Topic 2
Slaves are punished publicly for the bad deeds they have done, put into the center of town for display.
Part 1: Do you think public punishment is more or less effective than private punishment?
Part 2: Why do you think public punishment is used for slaves who misbehave?
Part 3: How do you think slaves change after they have been publicly punished for bad behaviors?
Essay Topic 3
The slaves are not supposed to talk to each other when they have time together.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves aren't allowed to talk to each other when they are alone?
Part 2: How do you think a Master or Mistress might be able to enforce this no talking rule?
Part 3: What sorts of information can be passed from slave to slave when they talk to each other?
This section contains 2,034 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)