|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty realizes the slaves are beginning to look normal to her; one cleaned a ______________ on her hands and knees.
2. The Hall of ____________ was a place that Beauty had to face in her last station as a slave for her Prince.
3. Beauty sees that Tristan's face is a little __________ than that of most of the men, with strong bones.
4. What did the Captain do as he called Beauty his slave at the end of their time together?
5. When the people aren't able to buy a slave at the auction, they can go to the _________ to pay for some time with them.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Queen's Chronicler parade Tristan through town, causing him to think about whether he should have obeyed his other Master?
2. What does Tristan reveal about his relationship with the Lord Stefan when he is talking with Beauty?
3. What does Tristan have to do as Nicolas is having dinner for a number of hours?
4. What does Beauty find herself enjoying about the Mistress as they are getting to know each other?
5. What does Tristan get to do as he is serving Nicolas in the manner described in number #43?
6. What have Sleeping Beauty's parents consented for the Crown Prince to do with Beauty?
7. What does the tightness of the harness do to Tristan as he is prepared for the daily activities?
8. What is the trouble with Beauty's feelings for the Crown Prince when they are first making love?
9. What does Nicolas ask Tristan if he had learned as Tristan was being paraded through the street?
10. What does the Mistress Lockley want Tristan to do and she pays ten pence so that it can happen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Obedience is the primary concern for those who own the slaves or who are using the slaves for a time.
Part 1: Why is obedience an important quality for the slaves to have?
Part 2: Do you think that anyone can be completely obedient? Why or why not
Part 3: Why do you think that the Masters and Mistresses expect perfection from their slaves?
Essay Topic 2
The humiliation the slaves suffer during their lives is palpable in the story, with slaves feeling lower and lower as they are mistreated.
Part 1: Do you think that the slaves need to be humiliated in order to become obedient?
Part 2: Why is being humiliated such a painful experience for a slave?
Part 3: How do you think you would change if you were humiliated day after day?
Essay Topic 3
The many rules that the slaves have to follow cause them to be completely degraded and controlled.
Part 1: What is the goal of the training of these slaves?
Part 2: How do you think the rules help/hurt the training of a slave?
Part 3: Why do you think that there are so many rules for the slaves to follow in their time with their owners?
This section contains 2,046 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)