|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan sees as many as 8 or 10 slaves attached and harnessed to larger _____________.
2. Who is Beauty introduced to when she is brought to the new room by Mistress Lockley?
3. Which slave was the undisputed favorite of the Prince, according to the opening of the book?
4. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
5. How were Beauty's protests silenced during the experience with the Captain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
2. What is Tristan forced to do to Nicolas, which surprisingly arouses him as he does so?
3. What does Beauty find herself enjoying about the Mistress as they are getting to know each other?
4. What does the tightness of the harness do to Tristan as he is prepared for the daily activities?
5. What is the chore the slaves have to perform when they are in the orchard and what rules must they follow?
6. How did the Captain decide to ravage the young Beauty after she pleasured herself in front of him?
7. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
8. How did the Queen's Chronicler parade Tristan through town, causing him to think about whether he should have obeyed his other Master?
9. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about in relation to their roles as pleasure slaves for their owners?
10. What did the Captain order Beauty to do when she entered his room for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In some cases, it seems the owners of the slaves begin to fall in love with their slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners are able to fall in love with their slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that these feelings of love are genuine or just based on how they want to feel about their relationship to the slave?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves should feel about being loved by their Masters or Mistresses?
Essay Topic 2
The humiliation the slaves suffer during their lives is palpable in the story, with slaves feeling lower and lower as they are mistreated.
Part 1: Do you think that the slaves need to be humiliated in order to become obedient?
Part 2: Why is being humiliated such a painful experience for a slave?
Part 3: How do you think you would change if you were humiliated day after day?
Essay Topic 3
The people in the village sometimes are able to fondle the slaves if the slave's Mistress or Master allows them to.
Part 1: Why do you think the villagers seem to want a change to play with the slaves as well?
Part 2: Do you think that it's reasonable for the villagers to have their way with the slave too?
Part 3: How does this ability to be at the service of all affect the way the slave feels about themselves?
This section contains 2,037 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)