|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which slave was the undisputed favorite of the Prince, according to the opening of the book?
2. The woman she was with was walking so fast that Beauty had to ________, even if she didn't want to.
3. Tristan tells Beauty, "In the end, they will _________ over us," as they are moving along in the cart.
4. Where did the slaves at the Court sleep, unconcerned for the disobedient ones who were being taken away?
5. The _________ came again paralyzing and silencing Beauty's open mouth as the lovemaking continued.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Captain decide to ravage the young Beauty after she pleasured herself in front of him?
2. What is the slave who is being punished and tortured in the middle of the marketplace forced to do?
3. What do the slaves learn about their new owner and the length of their enslavement?
4. Describe the conditions the slaves are in as they are being brought to the public auction in order to be sold.
5. How do the slaves at the Mistress' inn go about cleaning the floor and the inside of the inn?
6. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
7. What is happening to Tristan as he is instructed to wash each of the slave's genitals with his tongue?
8. What does Tristan reveal about his relationship with the Lord Stefan when he is talking with Beauty?
9. What is the rumor that Beauty shares with Tristan as they are talking, and Nicolas overhears this rumor?
10. What happens to Beauty as a result of becoming a slave who is to be sold?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sleeping Beauty is a slave from the moment this book starts to the end, which is a situation few could ever understand.
Part 1: Why do you think that Beauty seems to have come to peace with her role as a slave?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if someone were to take you on as a slave?
Part 3: Do you think that some people are born to be slaves?
Essay Topic 2
The slaves are called Princes and Princesses, bought and sold into slavery when they are children.
Part 1: Why do you think Princesses and Princes are turned into slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the value of the slaves goes up if they are royalty? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the suffering and humiliation of a Prince or Princess compares to a slave who is not royalty?
Essay Topic 3
Beauty begins to realize she is reacting to pain with pleasure, something she didn't do before.
Part 1: Why might the pain begin to become pleasurable to a person?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses intend for the pain of the slave to become pleasurable?
Part 3: Do you think that the slaves are being trained to interpret pain as pleasure?
This section contains 2,017 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)