|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the slaves at the Court sleep, unconcerned for the disobedient ones who were being taken away?
2. Where was Beauty being taken at the beginning of this section of the book?
3. The handle of the dagger was gold and was encrusted with emeralds and _________ as Beauty saw it come toward her.
4. The question that torments Tristan is: Is it not easier to __________ than to choose not to?
5. How long had Sleeping Beauty been sleeping when she was awakened from her slumber?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the tightness of the harness do to Tristan as he is prepared for the daily activities?
2. What happens after the slaves have been with the Sultan for the time period they have contracted?
3. What is happening to Tristan as he is instructed to wash each of the slave's genitals with his tongue?
4. What was Beauty told to do as she walked away from the Captain's room after their first encounter?
5. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
6. Describe the conditions the slaves are in as they are being brought to the public auction in order to be sold.
7. What did the Captain order Beauty to do when she entered his room for the first time?
8. What does the Mistress Lockley want Tristan to do and she pays ten pence so that it can happen?
9. What does Tristan reveal about his relationship with the Lord Stefan when he is talking with Beauty?
10. What do the slaves learn about their new owner and the length of their enslavement?
Essay Topic 1
The differences among the slave owners is vast, as those who own Tristan and Beauty at the end of the book seem to worship the slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think slaves are treated different, depending on their owners?
Part 2: Do you think the slave should be treated differently when they are with different owners? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a slave's knowledge is affected each time they have a new Master or Mistress?
Essay Topic 2
Tristan decides that he does not want to obey his Masters, preferring instead to rebel, though he is punished often as a result.
Part 1: Why do you think that Tristan decides to rebel in his training with various Masters?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea for any slave to rebel in their training?
Part 3: How do you think Tristan is being seen in the eyes of his owners and trainers as a result of his disobedience?
Essay Topic 3
Some of the slaves receive more perks than other slaves might during their ownership and training.
Part 1: Do you think it's fair for some of the slaves to get more rewards than other slaves do?
Part 2: How do you think the relationships between the slaves change when they see others getting more rewards?
Part 3: Why do you think owners and other trainers decide to treat some slaves better than others?
This section contains 2,009 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)