|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan clung to the _________ memory of Beauty's exquisite face and the flashing of disobedience in her eyes.
2. Beauty longed to _____________, but could not do so because her hands were bound.
3. What is the first thing Tristan sees as he moves into a new room with oil lamps and is told to remain still?
4. In some realm, as Beauty and Tristan were making love, she felt that she was not ___________.
5. The slave must always enter the house on ______________ without begin told, according to Nicolas.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the Mistress take into bed with her after the work is done for the day?
2. What does Tristan reveal about his relationship with the Lord Stefan when he is talking with Beauty?
3. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
4. What is Beauty surprised to find when she wakes up in the Captain's room in the morning?
5. What do the slaves learn about the Sultan and the way that he will treat his slaves?
6. What does Tristan have to do, according to Nicolas, before he can go to see Beauty?
7. How did the Queen's Chronicler parade Tristan through town, causing him to think about whether he should have obeyed his other Master?
8. What is Beauty shocked to see as she is brought to the inn and to her new home as a slave?
9. What happens to Beauty as a result of becoming a slave who is to be sold?
10. Why was Jerard now a slave alongside Tristan, as he explains to him when they are able to communicate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are called Princes and Princesses, bought and sold into slavery when they are children.
Part 1: Why do you think Princesses and Princes are turned into slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the value of the slaves goes up if they are royalty? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the suffering and humiliation of a Prince or Princess compares to a slave who is not royalty?
Essay Topic 2
The many rules that the slaves have to follow cause them to be completely degraded and controlled.
Part 1: What is the goal of the training of these slaves?
Part 2: How do you think the rules help/hurt the training of a slave?
Part 3: Why do you think that there are so many rules for the slaves to follow in their time with their owners?
Essay Topic 3
Tristan decides that he does not want to obey his Masters, preferring instead to rebel, though he is punished often as a result.
Part 1: Why do you think that Tristan decides to rebel in his training with various Masters?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea for any slave to rebel in their training?
Part 3: How do you think Tristan is being seen in the eyes of his owners and trainers as a result of his disobedience?
This section contains 2,043 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)