|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nicolas is telling Tristan how to match, he tells him, "Pick up your __________ and hold your head high and back."
2. The Mistress wants Beauty to whimper with ___________ for her supper when she gets it and to lick her plate clean.
3. Who was the sometime Mistress of Beauty when she was in the Court as a slave?
4. The Captain instructs Beauty to always kiss his ___________ when he is at the inn and she is in the room with him.
5. The Commander doesn't do anything about the way that Beauty and Tristan are behaving because ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the slaves learn about their new owner and the length of their enslavement?
2. What does Tristan admit to himself about the falling out he had with his previous Master, Lord Stefan?
3. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
4. What does Tristan get to do as he is serving Nicolas in the manner described in number #43?
5. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
6. How did the Captain decide to ravage the young Beauty after she pleasured herself in front of him?
7. What does the Lord have to say about the pirates' taste in slaves during their raid?
8. What is the chore the slaves have to perform when they are in the orchard and what rules must they follow?
9. How does Nicolas surprise Tristan when he returns to the bedchamber?
10. What happens after the slaves have been with the Sultan for the time period they have contracted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The sexual encounters of the slaves are many, with the slave rarely being able to achieve release of orgasm.
Part 1: Why is sexual arousal used in addition to pain in the training of the slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses use sex as a punishment as much as a reward?
Part 3: Do you think the slaves would be as eager to please without the sexual encounters?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the slaves receive more perks than other slaves might during their ownership and training.
Part 1: Do you think it's fair for some of the slaves to get more rewards than other slaves do?
Part 2: How do you think the relationships between the slaves change when they see others getting more rewards?
Part 3: Why do you think owners and other trainers decide to treat some slaves better than others?
Essay Topic 3
The humiliation the slaves suffer during their lives is palpable in the story, with slaves feeling lower and lower as they are mistreated.
Part 1: Do you think that the slaves need to be humiliated in order to become obedient?
Part 2: Why is being humiliated such a painful experience for a slave?
Part 3: How do you think you would change if you were humiliated day after day?
This section contains 2,036 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)