Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty is bound up as she is given to her new owner, thinking that it was very clever that she would be led around as though she were a little _________.
2. Tristan realizes he heard a number of kind words of ___________ from his previous Master, though he had still chosen to disobey.
3. Where were the soldiers riding close to so as to make sure they could still reach the slaves to beat them as they traveled?
4. Where did the slaves at the Court sleep, unconcerned for the disobedient ones who were being taken away?
5. Beauty began to feel that beatings and paddling were become more ____________ and it seemed strange to her.
Short Essay Questions
1. How must Tristan and the other slaves he is with feed when they are in their stable together?
2. How does Nicolas surprise Tristan when he returns to the bedchamber?
3. What is Tristan forced to do to Nicolas, which surprisingly arouses him as he does so?
4. What does the Lord have to say about the pirates' taste in slaves during their raid?
5. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about in relation to their roles as pleasure slaves for their owners?
6. How is Tristan supposed to enter the house of Nicolas when he is brought there?
7. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
8. What is the trouble with Beauty's feelings for the Crown Prince when they are first making love?
9. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
10. What does Nicolas do as he passes Tristan in the courtyard, though none of the other slaves seems to notice?
Essay Topic 1
The differences among the slave owners is vast, as those who own Tristan and Beauty at the end of the book seem to worship the slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think slaves are treated different, depending on their owners?
Part 2: Do you think the slave should be treated differently when they are with different owners? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a slave's knowledge is affected each time they have a new Master or Mistress?
Essay Topic 2
The slaves are treated like animals during the course of their training, made to live in animal conditions.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves are treated like animals?
Part 2: How do you think the treatment as lesser beings changes the way a slave looks at their Masters or Mistresses?
Part 3: Do you think a slave who was treated more humanely would be as obedient?
Essay Topic 3
In some cases, it seems the owners of the slaves begin to fall in love with their slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners are able to fall in love with their slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that these feelings of love are genuine or just based on how they want to feel about their relationship to the slave?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves should feel about being loved by their Masters or Mistresses?
This section contains 2,036 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)