|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mistress wants Beauty to whimper with ___________ for her supper when she gets it and to lick her plate clean.
2. The slaves were now being condemned to hard labor and cruel use by the ___________ people.
3. When Nicolas is telling Tristan how to match, he tells him, "Pick up your __________ and hold your head high and back."
4. How were Beauty's protests silenced during the experience with the Captain?
5. Beauty longed to _____________, but could not do so because her hands were bound.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to Tristan as he is instructed to wash each of the slave's genitals with his tongue?
2. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about in relation to their roles as pleasure slaves for their owners?
3. What have Sleeping Beauty's parents consented for the Crown Prince to do with Beauty?
4. What did the Captain order Beauty to do when she entered his room for the first time?
5. What are some signs that others in the village seem to think fondly of Tristan and of his role as a slave?
6. What does Nicolas ask Tristan if he had learned as Tristan was being paraded through the street?
7. What does Tristan realize when Nicolas is sleeping after their conversation together?
8. Who is Beauty eventually sold to and for what price during the bidding at the public auction?
9. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
10. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tristan decides that he does not want to obey his Masters, preferring instead to rebel, though he is punished often as a result.
Part 1: Why do you think that Tristan decides to rebel in his training with various Masters?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea for any slave to rebel in their training?
Part 3: How do you think Tristan is being seen in the eyes of his owners and trainers as a result of his disobedience?
Essay Topic 2
The slaves are not supposed to talk to each other when they have time together.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves aren't allowed to talk to each other when they are alone?
Part 2: How do you think a Master or Mistress might be able to enforce this no talking rule?
Part 3: What sorts of information can be passed from slave to slave when they talk to each other?
Essay Topic 3
The Masters and the Mistresses take things away from the slaves which cause them to be on the same level, i.e. the slaves cannot drink out of goblets.
Part 1: Do you think that the slaves could be treated even more harshly in this story?
Part 2: How does taking away everyday actions and commonplace activities change a slave?
Part 3: Why would the Masters and Mistresses decide to give these small human activities back to the slaves?
This section contains 2,013 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)