|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The slave must always enter the house on ______________ without begin told, according to Nicolas.
2. What does the auctioneer compare Beauty's hair to as he is describing her to the crowd?
3. The Commander thinks it would have been a privilege to whip the slaves to press their lips to the Queen's ____________.
4. What surprised Tristan about the woman in the room, as she finally came into focus?
5. For how many gold pieces is Beauty sold when she is put up for auction in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Commander of the Patrol warn the slaves to do as they are being removed from the cart?
2. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
3. What does Beauty decide to do as she cannot bear to be humiliated anymore by the crowd?
4. How did the Captain decide to ravage the young Beauty after she pleasured herself in front of him?
5. What does Nicolas ask Tristan if he had learned as Tristan was being paraded through the street?
6. What are Tristan and Beauty able to do since they are being jostled about in the cart?
7. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
8. How must Tristan and the other slaves he is with feed when they are in their stable together?
9. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
10. What must the slaves wear in their mouths in order to help control them further during their placement as slaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The auctions have become a bit of public sport for the villagers, causing quite a stir when they occur each year.
Part 1: Why do you think the villagers enjoy the auctions so much?
Part 2: Do you think that the villagers should be allowed to attend the slave auctions?
Part 3: How do you think that slaves feel about having all of the villagers around to see them at the auctions?
Essay Topic 2
Obedience is the primary concern for those who own the slaves or who are using the slaves for a time.
Part 1: Why is obedience an important quality for the slaves to have?
Part 2: Do you think that anyone can be completely obedient? Why or why not
Part 3: Why do you think that the Masters and Mistresses expect perfection from their slaves?
Essay Topic 3
The differences among the slave owners is vast, as those who own Tristan and Beauty at the end of the book seem to worship the slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think slaves are treated different, depending on their owners?
Part 2: Do you think the slave should be treated differently when they are with different owners? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a slave's knowledge is affected each time they have a new Master or Mistress?
This section contains 2,035 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)