|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauty is bound up as she is given to her new owner, thinking that it was very clever that she would be led around as though she were a little _________.
2. Who does Beauty get to travel with as she is brought to her new place of enslavement?
3. The Commander thinks it would have been a privilege to whip the slaves to press their lips to the Queen's ____________.
4. Beauty began to experience a mounting passion to _____________ her Mistress and her Master.
5. The Captain says to Beauty, "You will ________ yourself to me," when he finally speaks after looking at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Tristan sees as he moves into a new room with oil lamps and is told to remain still?
2. The slave must always enter the house on ______________ without begin told, according to Nicolas.
3. Tristan realizes he heard a number of kind words of ___________ from his previous Master, though he had still chosen to disobey.
4. The question that torments Tristan is: Is it not easier to __________ than to choose not to?
5. Tristan sees as many as 8 or 10 slaves attached and harnessed to larger _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to Tristan as he is instructed to wash each of the slave's genitals with his tongue?
2. What is the slave who is being punished and tortured in the middle of the marketplace forced to do?
3. What is the agreement between the slaves and their owners, which Beauty finds out in the beginning?
4. What do the slaves learn about the Sultan and the way that he will treat his slaves?
5. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
6. What does the Mistress Lockley want Tristan to do and she pays ten pence so that it can happen?
7. How did the Queen's Chronicler parade Tristan through town, causing him to think about whether he should have obeyed his other Master?
8. What is the first punishment that Beauty is made to do with the other slaves in the middle of the village?
9. What does Tristan reveal about his relationship with the Lord Stefan when he is talking with Beauty?
10. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)