|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was at the end of the phallus that Tristan is going to wear during his time as a slave?
(a) A flag.
(c) A sign.
(d) Horse tail.
2. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
(a) An honor.
3. The handle of the dagger was gold and was encrusted with emeralds and _________ as Beauty saw it come toward her.
4. What does Mistress Lockley want the man to get for her when Beauty first arrives at the inn?
(a) More leather straps.
(b) Wooden paddle.
5. Who was the sometime Mistress of Beauty when she was in the Court as a slave?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the ordeal that Beauty had to face in her previous station as a slave in the Court?
2. Tristan clung to the _________ memory of Beauty's exquisite face and the flashing of disobedience in her eyes.
3. What is the first way in which Beauty thinks of her new Mistress as she is being led away from the auction block?
4. Tristan asks Beauty why she decided to ___________ deliberately as they are sitting near each other.
5. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicolas ask Tristan if he had learned as Tristan was being paraded through the street?
2. What must the slaves wear in their mouths in order to help control them further during their placement as slaves?
3. When are the slaves not ignored by the villagers, according to the observations of Beauty as she walks through town?
4. How must Tristan and the other slaves he is with feed when they are in their stable together?
5. How does Mistress Lockley handle Tristan when he is brought to the inn by Nicolas?
6. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about in relation to their roles as pleasure slaves for their owners?
7. What are Tristan and Beauty able to do since they are being jostled about in the cart?
8. Why was Jerard now a slave alongside Tristan, as he explains to him when they are able to communicate?
9. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
10. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)