|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Nicolas is telling Tristan how to match, he tells him, "Pick up your __________ and hold your head high and back."
2. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
3. Beauty began to feel that beatings and paddling were become more ____________ and it seemed strange to her.
4. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
(b) An honor.
5. Beauty longed to _____________, but could not do so because her hands were bound.
(a) Hurt a guard.
(c) Embrace Tristan.
(d) Escape from the cart.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Captain says to Beauty, "You will ________ yourself to me," when he finally speaks after looking at her.
2. Beauty realized that it did not matter if she walked to the the platform and the turntable in ____________.
3. Which slave was the undisputed favorite of the Prince, according to the opening of the book?
4. When the people aren't able to buy a slave at the auction, they can go to the _________ to pay for some time with them.
5. Beauty almost screamed with ___________ when the dagger is used on and inside of her.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Queen's Chronicler parade Tristan through town, causing him to think about whether he should have obeyed his other Master?
2. What are some signs that others in the village seem to think fondly of Tristan and of his role as a slave?
3. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about in relation to their roles as pleasure slaves for their owners?
4. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
5. How must Tristan and the other slaves he is with feed when they are in their stable together?
6. What happens to Beauty as a result of becoming a slave who is to be sold?
7. What was Beauty told to do as she walked away from the Captain's room after their first encounter?
8. What is Tristan forced to do to Nicolas, which surprisingly arouses him as he does so?
9. What does Tristan have to do as Nicolas is having dinner for a number of hours?
10. What is the slave who is being punished and tortured in the middle of the marketplace forced to do?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)