|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Captain says to Beauty, "You will ________ yourself to me," when he finally speaks after looking at her.
2. In some realm, as Beauty and Tristan were making love, she felt that she was not ___________.
(a) A slave.
(b) A girl.
(c) A woman.
3. What does Beauty bring upon herself as she watched another slave be punished for his actions?
(a) A moment of worry.
(b) The very same punishment.
(d) The highest favor.
4. Where was Beauty being taken at the beginning of this section of the book?
(b) Auction block.
5. The Commander doesn't do anything about the way that Beauty and Tristan are behaving because ___________________.
(a) He is ordered not to.
(b) He wants to buy her unspoiled.
(c) He doesn't notice.
(d) He feels sorry for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty is bound up as she is given to her new owner, thinking that it was very clever that she would be led around as though she were a little _________.
2. What does Mistress Lockley want the man to get for her when Beauty first arrives at the inn?
3. Beauty sees that Tristan's face is a little __________ than that of most of the men, with strong bones.
4. Tristan sees as many as 8 or 10 slaves attached and harnessed to larger _____________.
5. How were Beauty's protests silenced during the experience with the Captain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Mistress Lockley want Tristan to do and she pays ten pence so that it can happen?
2. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
3. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
4. What does Tristan get to do as he is serving Nicolas in the manner described in number #43?
5. Why was Jerard now a slave alongside Tristan, as he explains to him when they are able to communicate?
6. What are Tristan and Beauty able to do since they are being jostled about in the cart?
7. What is the slave who is being punished and tortured in the middle of the marketplace forced to do?
8. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
9. What does Nicolas do as he passes Tristan in the courtyard, though none of the other slaves seems to notice?
10. What does the slave who is hanging up do when she realizes Mistress Lockley is coming?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)