|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which slave was the undisputed favorite of the Prince, according to the opening of the book?
2. What does someone shout as Beauty is being described and tormented on the block? "Sell her into the ________!"
3. What did the slave of the court get to experience after the punishments they received?
(b) Warm baths and oils.
(c) More punishments.
(d) A walk in the cold.
4. What was Beauty forced to do when she entered the room and Mistress Lockley pushed her forward?
(a) Fall on her bottom.
5. What color are the eyes of Nicolas, as Tristan discovers when he is stopped with a new order?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the sometime Mistress of Beauty when she was in the Court as a slave?
2. Nicolas believes that Tristan would have gone for ____________ the price if he had gone later on in the auction.
3. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
4. Where were the soldiers riding close to so as to make sure they could still reach the slaves to beat them as they traveled?
5. Who did Beauty disobey her orders for as she watched him be one of the disgraced of the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beauty find herself enjoying about the Mistress as they are getting to know each other?
2. Why was Jerard now a slave alongside Tristan, as he explains to him when they are able to communicate?
3. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
4. What is the chore the slaves have to perform when they are in the orchard and what rules must they follow?
5. What have Sleeping Beauty's parents consented for the Crown Prince to do with Beauty?
6. Who is Sleeping Beauty infatuated with when she first wakes up after being asleep?
7. When are the slaves not ignored by the villagers, according to the observations of Beauty as she walks through town?
8. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
9. What is the trouble with Beauty's feelings for the Crown Prince when they are first making love?
10. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)