|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauty realized that it did not matter if she walked to the the platform and the turntable in ____________.
2. For how many gold pieces is Beauty sold when she is put up for auction in the village?
(a) 20 gold pieces.
(b) 27 gold pieces.
(c) 10 gold pieces.
(d) 100 gold pieces.
3. Beauty realizes the slaves are beginning to look normal to her; one cleaned a ______________ on her hands and knees.
(d) Shop window.
4. What did the slave of the court get to experience after the punishments they received?
(a) Warm baths and oils.
(b) More punishments.
(c) A walk in the cold.
5. Beauty thinks it's amazing that the prince on the torture device is able to keep his _______________ during the pain.
(a) Screams quiet.
(b) Breath steady.
(c) Eyes open.
(d) Body in position.
Short Answer Questions
1. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
2. Who was the sometime Mistress of Beauty when she was in the Court as a slave?
3. Tristan and Beauty are sent away to a place of ___________ instead of being in the Court.
4. Tristan realizes he heard a number of kind words of ___________ from his previous Master, though he had still chosen to disobey.
5. Tristan notices that his new Master had long and lean ___________ which grab his attention first.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the slaves at the Mistress' inn go about cleaning the floor and the inside of the inn?
2. What do the slaves learn about the Sultan and the way that he will treat his slaves?
3. What does Tristan have to do, according to Nicolas, before he can go to see Beauty?
4. How does Nicolas surprise Tristan when he returns to the bedchamber?
5. What are some signs that others in the village seem to think fondly of Tristan and of his role as a slave?
6. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
7. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
8. What was Beauty told to do as she walked away from the Captain's room after their first encounter?
9. What are Tristan and Beauty able to do since they are being jostled about in the cart?
10. What does Tristan admit to himself about the falling out he had with his previous Master, Lord Stefan?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)