|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does someone shout as Beauty is being described and tormented on the block? "Sell her into the ________!"
2. Beauty is bound up as she is given to her new owner, thinking that it was very clever that she would be led around as though she were a little _________.
3. What color are the eyes of the Captain, as Beauty finds out when she looks up into his face?
4. Tristan is told to hold tight to the ____________ above him as the men are given Nicolas' permission to play with the slave.
(a) Iron bracket.
(b) Wooden post.
(d) Window ledge.
5. Beauty thinks it's amazing that the prince on the torture device is able to keep his _______________ during the pain.
(a) Eyes open.
(b) Screams quiet.
(c) Body in position.
(d) Breath steady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the slave of the court get to experience after the punishments they received?
2. What is the first thing Tristan sees as he moves into a new room with oil lamps and is told to remain still?
3. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
4. What surprised Tristan about the woman in the room, as she finally came into focus?
5. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the slaves learn about the Sultan and the way that he will treat his slaves?
2. Why was Jerard now a slave alongside Tristan, as he explains to him when they are able to communicate?
3. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
4. What are Tristan and Beauty able to do since they are being jostled about in the cart?
5. What does Tristan have to do as Nicolas is having dinner for a number of hours?
6. What do the slaves have to do in order to get to the auction block in the center of town?
7. When are the slaves not ignored by the villagers, according to the observations of Beauty as she walks through town?
8. What is the trouble with Beauty's feelings for the Crown Prince when they are first making love?
9. What is Beauty surprised to find when she wakes up in the Captain's room in the morning?
10. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)