|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tristan notices that his new Master had long and lean ___________ which grab his attention first.
2. The question that torments Tristan is: Is it not easier to __________ than to choose not to?
3. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
(a) An honor.
4. The Mistress lets Tristan know that it will be rare for them to leave the ___________ unplugged.
5. Where did Mistress Lockley force Beauty to go up to when she took her out and dried her hair?
(a) A dressing room.
(b) A stair behind a fireplace.
(c) A kitchen.
(d) A stable.
Short Answer Questions
1. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
2. Beauty thinks it's amazing that the prince on the torture device is able to keep his _______________ during the pain.
3. Tristan asks Beauty why she decided to ___________ deliberately as they are sitting near each other.
4. Where is the auction block in the new village where the slaves are being taken?
5. Even as he was on the auction block, Tristan thought about Beauty's __________ and questions in his mind.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
2. What is happening to Tristan as he is instructed to wash each of the slave's genitals with his tongue?
3. Who does the Mistress take into bed with her after the work is done for the day?
4. What did the Captain order Beauty to do when she entered his room for the first time?
5. How did the Queen's Chronicler parade Tristan through town, causing him to think about whether he should have obeyed his other Master?
6. What does Beauty decide to do as she cannot bear to be humiliated anymore by the crowd?
7. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
8. What do the slaves have to do in order to get to the auction block in the center of town?
9. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
10. What is Tristan forced to do to Nicolas, which surprisingly arouses him as he does so?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)