|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tristan is warned that if he does not obey orders, then he will be strapped on the ________________.
(b) Public Turntable.
2. The slave hanging on the front of the inn hung like ripe _________ from a shingle, perking up when the Mistress arrived.
3. The Captain instructs Beauty to always kiss his ___________ when he is at the inn and she is in the room with him.
4. What color are the eyes of Nicolas, as Tristan discovers when he is stopped with a new order?
5. The Captain's mouth sucked the ___________ out of Beauty as they made love together for the first time in this section.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beauty get to travel with as she is brought to her new place of enslavement?
2. Where did Mistress Lockley force Beauty to go up to when she took her out and dried her hair?
3. The handle of the dagger was gold and was encrusted with emeralds and _________ as Beauty saw it come toward her.
4. Who is Beauty introduced to when she is brought to the new room by Mistress Lockley?
5. The question that torments Tristan is: Is it not easier to __________ than to choose not to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Commander of the Patrol warn the slaves to do as they are being removed from the cart?
2. What is the chore the slaves have to perform when they are in the orchard and what rules must they follow?
3. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
4. What happens to Beauty as a result of becoming a slave who is to be sold?
5. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
6. What do the slaves have to do in order to get to the auction block in the center of town?
7. What do the slaves learn about their new owner and the length of their enslavement?
8. What was Tristan grateful for as he was walked through the town to his new destination?
9. How do the slaves at the Mistress' inn go about cleaning the floor and the inside of the inn?
10. What must the slaves wear in their mouths in order to help control them further during their placement as slaves?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)