|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___________ of the dagger entered Beauty as the Captain continued his torments with her.
2. Who consented to Beauty's new life as a slave according to the previous story?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her grandparents.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her brother.
3. Tristan tells Beauty that he disobeyed his Master because about a year ago, in another land, Lord Stefan and he were ___________.
4. When the people aren't able to buy a slave at the auction, they can go to the _________ to pay for some time with them.
5. Tristan sees as many as 8 or 10 slaves attached and harnessed to larger _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beauty believe the Captain must certainly be vain of, in terms of his good looks?
2. What was on the sign to designate the shop where silver and gold plating was done?
3. The _________ came again paralyzing and silencing Beauty's open mouth as the lovemaking continued.
4. The Commander thinks it would have been a privilege to whip the slaves to press their lips to the Queen's ____________.
5. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the trouble with Beauty's feelings for the Crown Prince when they are first making love?
2. Why was Jerard now a slave alongside Tristan, as he explains to him when they are able to communicate?
3. What does the slave who is hanging up do when she realizes Mistress Lockley is coming?
4. What does the Mistress Lockley want Tristan to do and she pays ten pence so that it can happen?
5. What do the slaves have to do in order to get to the auction block in the center of town?
6. What is happening to Tristan as he is instructed to wash each of the slave's genitals with his tongue?
7. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
8. What are Tristan and Beauty able to do since they are being jostled about in the cart?
9. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
10. What does the tightness of the harness do to Tristan as he is prepared for the daily activities?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)