|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the eyes of the Captain, as Beauty finds out when she looks up into his face?
2. What does the auctioneer compare Beauty's hair to as he is describing her to the crowd?
(b) Rapturous yellow.
(c) Spun gold.
(d) Golden coins.
3. What does someone shout as Beauty is being described and tormented on the block? "Sell her into the ________!"
4. What surprised Tristan about the woman in the room, as she finally came into focus?
(a) It was Beauty.
(b) She was writing.
(c) It was his mother.
(d) She was old.
5. What is the first way in which Beauty thinks of her new Mistress as she is being led away from the auction block?
(a) Rich Courtesan.
(b) Madame of Ill Repute.
(c) Crazy women.
(d) Rich innkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who consented to Beauty's new life as a slave according to the previous story?
2. The Commander thinks it would have been a privilege to whip the slaves to press their lips to the Queen's ____________.
3. How were Beauty's protests silenced during the experience with the Captain?
4. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
5. Beauty thinks it's amazing that the prince on the torture device is able to keep his _______________ during the pain.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
2. How must Tristan and the other slaves he is with feed when they are in their stable together?
3. Who is Beauty eventually sold to and for what price during the bidding at the public auction?
4. What does the Mistress Lockley want Tristan to do and she pays ten pence so that it can happen?
5. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
6. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
7. What is happening to Tristan as he is instructed to wash each of the slave's genitals with his tongue?
8. How is Tristan supposed to enter the house of Nicolas when he is brought there?
9. Who does the Mistress take into bed with her after the work is done for the day?
10. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)