|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the eyes of the Captain, as Beauty finds out when she looks up into his face?
2. Where did Mistress Lockley force Beauty to go up to when she took her out and dried her hair?
(a) A kitchen.
(b) A stair behind a fireplace.
(c) A stable.
(d) A dressing room.
3. What did Beauty believe the Captain must certainly be vain of, in terms of his good looks?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His eyebrows.
(c) His figure
(d) His blond hair.
4. Beauty sees that Tristan's face is a little __________ than that of most of the men, with strong bones.
5. Beauty longed to _____________, but could not do so because her hands were bound.
(a) Hurt a guard.
(b) Escape from the cart.
(c) Embrace Tristan.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman she was with was walking so fast that Beauty had to ________, even if she didn't want to.
2. Tristan is warned that if he does not obey orders, then he will be strapped on the ________________.
3. The slaves were now being condemned to hard labor and cruel use by the ___________ people.
4. All year, the villagers would ___________ just to have the chance to purchase a slave during the auction.
5. What does someone shout as Beauty is being described and tormented on the block? "Sell her into the ________!"
Short Essay Questions
1. When are the slaves not ignored by the villagers, according to the observations of Beauty as she walks through town?
2. What does Beauty decide to do as she cannot bear to be humiliated anymore by the crowd?
3. How is Tristan supposed to enter the house of Nicolas when he is brought there?
4. What happens after the slaves have been with the Sultan for the time period they have contracted?
5. How does Nicolas surprise Tristan when he returns to the bedchamber?
6. How did the Queen's Chronicler parade Tristan through town, causing him to think about whether he should have obeyed his other Master?
7. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
8. What does Nicolas do as he passes Tristan in the courtyard, though none of the other slaves seems to notice?
9. What is the chore the slaves have to perform when they are in the orchard and what rules must they follow?
10. How does Mistress Lockley handle Tristan when he is brought to the inn by Nicolas?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)