|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beauty bring upon herself as she watched another slave be punished for his actions?
(a) The highest favor.
(b) A moment of worry.
(c) The very same punishment.
2. Beauty longed to _____________, but could not do so because her hands were bound.
(a) Escape from the cart.
(b) Hurt a guard.
(c) Embrace Tristan.
3. The Mistress wants Beauty to whimper with ___________ for her supper when she gets it and to lick her plate clean.
4. Tristan clung to the _________ memory of Beauty's exquisite face and the flashing of disobedience in her eyes.
5. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
2. The ___________ of the dagger entered Beauty as the Captain continued his torments with her.
3. Where is Beauty going to be taken during her journey away from the Court?
4. What does someone shout as Beauty is being described and tormented on the block? "Sell her into the ________!"
5. Who consented to Beauty's new life as a slave according to the previous story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
2. What is the rumor that Beauty shares with Tristan as they are talking, and Nicolas overhears this rumor?
3. When are the slaves not ignored by the villagers, according to the observations of Beauty as she walks through town?
4. What does the Commander of the Patrol warn the slaves to do as they are being removed from the cart?
5. What did the Captain order Beauty to do when she entered his room for the first time?
6. Why was Jerard now a slave alongside Tristan, as he explains to him when they are able to communicate?
7. How does Mistress Lockley handle Tristan when he is brought to the inn by Nicolas?
8. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
9. What does Tristan reveal about his relationship with the Lord Stefan when he is talking with Beauty?
10. What is the slave who is being punished and tortured in the middle of the marketplace forced to do?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)