|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All year, the villagers would ___________ just to have the chance to purchase a slave during the auction.
(a) Sleep in.
(b) Save their money.
(c) Come from other towns.
(d) Wait in line.
2. Where were the soldiers riding close to so as to make sure they could still reach the slaves to beat them as they traveled?
(a) Wooden wheels.
(d) Carriage seat.
3. Who was the last slave to be loaded into the card, one who had caught the attention of the Commander of the Patrol?
4. When Nicolas is telling Tristan how to match, he tells him, "Pick up your __________ and hold your head high and back."
5. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
(b) An honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
2. Beauty began to experience a mounting passion to _____________ her Mistress and her Master.
3. The Mistress is going to spank Beauty _________ so that Beauty will be obedient the entire summer as this will be repeated daily.
4. The question that torments Tristan is: Is it not easier to __________ than to choose not to?
5. Beauty realizes the slaves are beginning to look normal to her; one cleaned a ______________ on her hands and knees.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Beauty told to do as she walked away from the Captain's room after their first encounter?
2. When are the slaves not ignored by the villagers, according to the observations of Beauty as she walks through town?
3. How does Mistress Lockley handle Tristan when he is brought to the inn by Nicolas?
4. What happens after the slaves have been with the Sultan for the time period they have contracted?
5. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
6. What have Sleeping Beauty's parents consented for the Crown Prince to do with Beauty?
7. Who does the Mistress take into bed with her after the work is done for the day?
8. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
9. What does Tristan get to do as he is serving Nicolas in the manner described in number #43?
10. How do the slaves at the Mistress' inn go about cleaning the floor and the inside of the inn?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)