|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
2. The slave must always enter the house on ______________ without begin told, according to Nicolas.
(a) Their hands and knees.
(b) The front stoop.
(c) The saddle.
(d) Their Master's knee.
3. The slave hanging on the front of the inn hung like ripe _________ from a shingle, perking up when the Mistress arrived.
4. Who did Beauty disobey her orders for as she watched him be one of the disgraced of the castle?
5. When the people aren't able to buy a slave at the auction, they can go to the _________ to pay for some time with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ___________ of the dagger entered Beauty as the Captain continued his torments with her.
2. What was just fading out of the morning sky as the slaves were traveling in the cart to their new home?
3. All year, the villagers would ___________ just to have the chance to purchase a slave during the auction.
4. The slaves were now being condemned to hard labor and cruel use by the ___________ people.
5. What was Beauty forced to do when she entered the room and Mistress Lockley pushed her forward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the slaves learn about their new owner and the length of their enslavement?
2. What does the Lord have to say about the pirates' taste in slaves during their raid?
3. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about as they are being carried to the auction?
4. What do the slaves have to do in order to get to the auction block in the center of town?
5. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about in relation to their roles as pleasure slaves for their owners?
6. What does Beauty decide to do as she cannot bear to be humiliated anymore by the crowd?
7. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
8. What is the trouble with Beauty's feelings for the Crown Prince when they are first making love?
9. What is Beauty shocked to see as she is brought to the inn and to her new home as a slave?
10. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)