|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mistress Lockley want the man to get for her when Beauty first arrives at the inn?
(b) Wooden paddle.
(d) More leather straps.
2. The Captain's mouth sucked the ___________ out of Beauty as they made love together for the first time in this section.
3. Beauty also became infatuated with the Queen's exquisite slave, Prince ____________.
4. Who does Beauty get to travel with as she is brought to her new place of enslavement?
5. What was Beauty forced to do when she entered the room and Mistress Lockley pushed her forward?
(b) Fall on her bottom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised Tristan about the woman in the room, as she finally came into focus?
2. The ___________ of the dagger entered Beauty as the Captain continued his torments with her.
3. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
4. What did the slave of the court get to experience after the punishments they received?
5. What color are the eyes of Nicolas, as Tristan discovers when he is stopped with a new order?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have Sleeping Beauty's parents consented for the Crown Prince to do with Beauty?
2. What is the first punishment that Beauty is made to do with the other slaves in the middle of the village?
3. How did the Queen's Chronicler parade Tristan through town, causing him to think about whether he should have obeyed his other Master?
4. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
5. How must Tristan and the other slaves he is with feed when they are in their stable together?
6. How do the slaves at the Mistress' inn go about cleaning the floor and the inside of the inn?
7. Who does the Mistress take into bed with her after the work is done for the day?
8. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
9. What is Beauty shocked to see as she is brought to the inn and to her new home as a slave?
10. Describe the conditions the slaves are in as they are being brought to the public auction in order to be sold.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)