|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Beauty forced to do when she entered the room and Mistress Lockley pushed her forward?
(b) Fall on her bottom.
2. Where were the soldiers riding close to so as to make sure they could still reach the slaves to beat them as they traveled?
(a) Wooden wheels.
(b) Carriage seat.
3. What is the first way in which Beauty thinks of her new Mistress as she is being led away from the auction block?
(a) Rich Courtesan.
(b) Madame of Ill Repute.
(c) Rich innkeeper.
(d) Crazy women.
4. How were Beauty's protests silenced during the experience with the Captain?
(a) He gagged her.
(b) He choked her.
(c) He kissed her.
(d) She simply chose not to talk.
5. Where is Beauty going to be taken during her journey away from the Court?
(a) To the auction block.
(b) To the graveyard.
(c) To the Sultan.
(d) To a farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In some realm, as Beauty and Tristan were making love, she felt that she was not ___________.
2. What was on the sign to designate the shop where silver and gold plating was done?
3. Tristan tells Beauty, "In the end, they will _________ over us," as they are moving along in the cart.
4. All year, the villagers would ___________ just to have the chance to purchase a slave during the auction.
5. Where did the slaves at the Court sleep, unconcerned for the disobedient ones who were being taken away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
2. What is the slave who is being punished and tortured in the middle of the marketplace forced to do?
3. How is Tristan supposed to enter the house of Nicolas when he is brought there?
4. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about as they are being carried to the auction?
5. What is Beauty shocked to see as she is brought to the inn and to her new home as a slave?
6. What did the Captain order Beauty to do when she entered his room for the first time?
7. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
8. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
9. What are some signs that others in the village seem to think fondly of Tristan and of his role as a slave?
10. What does Tristan have to do as Nicolas is having dinner for a number of hours?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)