|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mistress lets Tristan know that it will be rare for them to leave the ___________ unplugged.
2. Who does Beauty get to travel with as she is brought to her new place of enslavement?
3. What surprised Tristan about the woman in the room, as she finally came into focus?
(a) She was writing.
(b) She was old.
(c) It was Beauty.
(d) It was his mother.
4. The ___________ of the dagger entered Beauty as the Captain continued his torments with her.
5. Beauty longed to _____________, but could not do so because her hands were bound.
(b) Escape from the cart.
(c) Embrace Tristan.
(d) Hurt a guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty was claimed as the Prince's naked ___________ slave to be taken to his Kingdom.
2. Tristan tells Beauty, "In the end, they will _________ over us," as they are moving along in the cart.
3. What was Beauty forced to do when she entered the room and Mistress Lockley pushed her forward?
4. The question that torments Tristan is: Is it not easier to __________ than to choose not to?
5. Beauty almost screamed with ___________ when the dagger is used on and inside of her.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the slaves learn about their new owner and the length of their enslavement?
2. What does Beauty find herself enjoying about the Mistress as they are getting to know each other?
3. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about as they are being carried to the auction?
4. What did the Captain order Beauty to do when she entered his room for the first time?
5. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
6. What does Tristan have to do as Nicolas is having dinner for a number of hours?
7. How did the Captain decide to ravage the young Beauty after she pleasured herself in front of him?
8. What does Nicolas ask Tristan if he had learned as Tristan was being paraded through the street?
9. What does Tristan realize when Nicolas is sleeping after their conversation together?
10. Who is Beauty eventually sold to and for what price during the bidding at the public auction?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)