|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Captain instructs Beauty to always kiss his ___________ when he is at the inn and she is in the room with him.
2. Beauty is bound up as she is given to her new owner, thinking that it was very clever that she would be led around as though she were a little _________.
3. Who does Beauty get to travel with as she is brought to her new place of enslavement?
4. When Beauty become accustomed to the shadows in the room, she realized there were many other ___________ there.
(c) Naked slaves.
5. What color are the eyes of the Captain, as Beauty finds out when she looks up into his face?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hall of ____________ was a place that Beauty had to face in her last station as a slave for her Prince.
2. When the people aren't able to buy a slave at the auction, they can go to the _________ to pay for some time with them.
3. Tristan asks Beauty why she decided to ___________ deliberately as they are sitting near each other.
4. Where were the soldiers riding close to so as to make sure they could still reach the slaves to beat them as they traveled?
5. The handle of the dagger was gold and was encrusted with emeralds and _________ as Beauty saw it come toward her.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
2. What did the Captain order Beauty to do when she entered his room for the first time?
3. What do the slaves learn about their new owner and the length of their enslavement?
4. What does Tristan have to do as Nicolas is having dinner for a number of hours?
5. What is the first punishment that Beauty is made to do with the other slaves in the middle of the village?
6. What are some signs that others in the village seem to think fondly of Tristan and of his role as a slave?
7. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
8. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
9. What does the Lord have to say about the pirates' taste in slaves during their raid?
10. What is the slave who is being punished and tortured in the middle of the marketplace forced to do?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)