|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauty thought it was positively odd not to be _____________ when she was being bathed and punished.
(a) Looked at.
(b) Spoken to.
(d) Listened to.
2. Who is the man with the green eyes who took Tristan from his homeland, the man Tristan recognizes instantly?
3. What did people carry their wine around in as they were walked about the village?
4. What did Tristan hasten to do when he was with his Master at the beginning of this section?
(a) Tie his boots.
(b) Bathe him.
(c) Kiss his hand.
(d) Clean his fingers.
5. What is Nicolas going to allow Tristan to do in order to make him happy?
(a) Run away.
(b) See Beauty.
(c) Return home.
(d) Go to the court.
6. Nicolas tells Tristan that ___________ is up to become a slave for the next year, in accordance with the ritual.
7. Beauty feels badly for the runaway slave as the slave now has no loving ______________ to guide him.
8. Once the night with Nicolas is over, Tristan thinks that the soreness in all of his muscles and in his flesh is __________.
9. While Tristan has already been with the Princess in the tent, he realizes his ____________ has redoubled upon going to his Master.
10. What does Tristan finally answer that he felt when he was subjected to all of the tortures and the roles?
11. What did the men squirt up into Beauty in order to clean her after the orgy which took place?
12. Prince Richard allowed Beauty to _________ a little slowly, though he eventually told her to perk up lest they be whipped.
13. Beauty was excited for the possible chance to see _________ that evening and the hours dragged on as a result.
(a) The Mistress.
(c) The Captain.
14. Nicolas tells Beauty that she will return to her regular __________ once she leaves the room after seeing Tristan.
15. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan immediately asks if Nicolas will ___________ outright, though Nicolas tells him to consider what he is saying.
2. In a moment of pure madness, Tristan realizes he wants the Captain to take him to the place of ________________.
3. Beauty is described by the Captain as a naked, ravenous ___________ that foments the passion in him dangerously.
4. What was the food that was waiting for the slaves in the trough when they arrived back at the stables?
5. Beauty thinks that Tristan's Master may let them see each other again as he seems to be __________.
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)