|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A slave brings out a large bowl and sets it on the ground for the slaves to lap out of. What is in the bowl?
2. Who does Tristan see hanging of the wall when he enters the inn with Nicolas during this section of the book?
(d) The Mistress.
3. Beauty thinks that Tristan's Master may let them see each other again as he seems to be __________.
4. The Whipping Master calls out to Tristan to, "Snap those _________" as he is being punished.
5. Tristan is awakened and pulled from the bed by one the servants at _______________ of the day.
(b) Mid morning.
(d) Early morning.
6. Tristan sees a lovely village woman with a pretty ___________ skirt and white ruffled blouse paddling Beauty.
7. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
8. Who did Beauty dream of as she slipped into a sleep later on in the evening?
9. After the beating, who does Tristan kneel before and hear the command for him to follow to the road along the ramparts.
(d) Whipping boy.
10. Richard tied the Mistress' ____________ as Beauty finally woke up after their sexual encounter.
(d) Apron strings.
11. The Captain describes ____________ as one of the wildest slaves he's known, broke and ran through the forest when the slave was ordered to strip.
12. The Master was wearing a doublet of __________ velvet with fancy balloon sleeves and looked like a Prince.
13. Who was the slave that was missed more than any other at the court, even though the slave has to be disciplined often?
14. The Captain learns that all the ___________ are back, except for one, which alarms him and causes him to ask why not.
15. Tristan feels as though he was emptied like a __________ when the phallus is removed from his body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicolas kisses Tristan's ___________ quickly as he is in line with the other ponies.
2. Nicolas asks Tristan if Tristan hates him for having him __________ at the public turntable.
3. What does Tristan finally answer that he felt when he was subjected to all of the tortures and the roles?
4. In the early evening, ___________ was a pony again, feeling safe in the harnesses and the position.
5. Beauty feels badly for the runaway slave as the slave now has no loving ______________ to guide him.
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)