|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tristan have to pick up in order to show his Mistress that he has a soft mouth?
2. What did Tristan hasten to do when he was with his Master at the beginning of this section?
(a) Kiss his hand.
(b) Tie his boots.
(c) Bathe him.
(d) Clean his fingers.
3. In a moment of pure madness, Tristan realizes he wants the Captain to take him to the place of ________________.
(a) The stables.
(b) Public Punishment.
(c) Beauty's room.
(d) The Court.
4. Once the night with Nicolas is over, Tristan thinks that the soreness in all of his muscles and in his flesh is __________.
5. What does Beauty notice is different as she is walking in the village, though Richard tells her to be quiet?
6. All Beauty could think of was Tristan telling her it would take a lot of _________ to be bad all the time.
7. What is Nicolas going to allow Tristan to do in order to make him happy?
(a) Go to the court.
(b) Return home.
(c) Run away.
(d) See Beauty.
8. Nicolas tells Tristan, "I have never loved any _________ as I love you," when they are finally alone together.
9. Nicolas asks Tristan if Tristan hates him for having him __________ at the public turntable.
10. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
11. Who rode in the coach beside a tall man, and his/her appearance was a surprise to Tristan?
(a) The Captain.
(b) Lord Stefan.
(c) Lord Richard.
(d) Mistress Julia.
12. Tristan realizes that being Stefan's lover made his slave role _________ and so Tristan could not submit to him.
(a) A sham.
13. When does the strange ritual for the new batch of slaves take place, according to Nicolas as he explains this to Tristan?
(a) May Day.
(d) Midsummer Night.
14. Who was the handsomest of princes from the castle who was taking a turn on the Public Turntable as Tristan was bathed?
15. Prince Richard allowed Beauty to _________ a little slowly, though he eventually told her to perk up lest they be whipped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Beauty dream of as she slipped into a sleep later on in the evening?
2. Richard tied the Mistress' ____________ as Beauty finally woke up after their sexual encounter.
3. Who was the slave that was missed more than any other at the court, even though the slave has to be disciplined often?
4. The Whipping Master calls out to Tristan to, "Snap those _________" as he is being punished.
5. Tristan believes it ___________ Nicolas to see Tristan and Beauty to be happily together.
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)