|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tristan hasten to do when he was with his Master at the beginning of this section?
(a) Clean his fingers.
(b) Kiss his hand.
(c) Bathe him.
(d) Tie his boots.
2. In the early evening, ___________ was a pony again, feeling safe in the harnesses and the position.
3. Tristan felt the first real panic when the ______ was fitted over his head and over his shoulders.
4. Only vaguely was Beauty aware of the ____________ being jerked by the Captain as she was sleeping.
(b) Bell chain.
5. Prince Richard allowed Beauty to _________ a little slowly, though he eventually told her to perk up lest they be whipped.
6. What is Tristan to be whipped for when he is taken for shipping, according to Nicolas?
(a) His slowness.
(b) His feet.
(c) His smart mouth.
(d) His good looks.
7. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
8. Who was the handsomest of princes from the castle who was taking a turn on the Public Turntable as Tristan was bathed?
9. Richard wants to take what off of the Mistress when he is taken with Beauty up to her bedroom?
(a) Mistress' boots.
(b) Beauty's clothing.
(c) Mistress' shirt.
(d) His clothing.
10. The Master was wearing a doublet of __________ velvet with fancy balloon sleeves and looked like a Prince.
11. Jerard admits that he now feels the most proud when he is _____________ for his Mistress.
12. Beauty feels badly for the runaway slave as the slave now has no loving ______________ to guide him.
13. Another slave tries to console Tristan's desires by telling him that the one chosen must __________ in the beginning.
14. Tristan talks about being on the Public Turntable again, about being ___________ even though the fear hadn't left him.
15. Why couldn't the Princess see Tristan when he was brought into the room?
(a) She did.
(b) She was turned the other way.
(d) She wasn't looking up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the drink the slaves were allowed to lap up when they were eating dinner with the others?
2. What does Mistress Lockley say that the soldiers liked on Beauty when they had their way with her?
3. Tristan realizes that being Stefan's lover made his slave role _________ and so Tristan could not submit to him.
4. Where does Beauty go when she realizes that the Mistress is upset with her and will probably punish her?
5. Who does Mistress Lockley kiss which makes Beauty feel jealous of this other slave's position?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)