|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tristan is on display in the house, he is ordered to be ___________ properly, by the Mistress.
(a) Gazing downward.
(c) Turned out.
2. The Captain learns that all the ___________ are back, except for one, which alarms him and causes him to ask why not.
3. What does Nicolas offer Tristan to drink as they are talking in the bedroom together?
4. Who is the man with the green eyes who took Tristan from his homeland, the man Tristan recognizes instantly?
5. Who rode in the coach beside a tall man, and his/her appearance was a surprise to Tristan?
(a) Lord Stefan.
(b) Lord Richard.
(c) The Captain.
(d) Mistress Julia.
6. What does Mistress Lockley say that the soldiers liked on Beauty when they had their way with her?
7. All Beauty could think of was Tristan telling her it would take a lot of _________ to be bad all the time.
8. The Master was wearing a doublet of __________ velvet with fancy balloon sleeves and looked like a Prince.
9. Who was the slave that was missed more than any other at the court, even though the slave has to be disciplined often?
10. Where does Beauty go when she realizes that the Mistress is upset with her and will probably punish her?
(a) The corner.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The field.
11. What was the food that was waiting for the slaves in the trough when they arrived back at the stables?
12. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
13. While Tristan has already been with the Princess in the tent, he realizes his ____________ has redoubled upon going to his Master.
14. What does the Mistress apply to Tristan as he is bound to the wall during the day?
15. What did people carry their wine around in as they were walked about the village?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the drink the slaves were allowed to lap up when they were eating dinner with the others?
2. The Captain points it that it wasn't the severity of the beatings which made Tristan connected to the Captain, but the daily __________.
3. Tristan says that one has to __________ his Master or Mistress, but he did not feel this way about Stefan.
4. Tristan sees a lovely village woman with a pretty ___________ skirt and white ruffled blouse paddling Beauty.
5. Who does Tristan see hanging of the wall when he enters the inn with Nicolas during this section of the book?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)