|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicolas tells Beauty that she will return to her regular __________ once she leaves the room after seeing Tristan.
2. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
3. What does Nicolas bring to the bed where he and Tristan will be lying down?
(d) A knife.
4. What did people carry their wine around in as they were walked about the village?
5. The Whipping Master calls out to Tristan to, "Snap those _________" as he is being punished.
6. What was Tristan's Master doing when he entered the bedroom of his Master?
(a) Changing clothing.
7. Beauty is described by the Captain as a naked, ravenous ___________ that foments the passion in him dangerously.
8. When does the strange ritual for the new batch of slaves take place, according to Nicolas as he explains this to Tristan?
(c) May Day.
(d) Midsummer Night.
9. What does Tristan finally answer that he felt when he was subjected to all of the tortures and the roles?
10. Who does Tristan see hanging of the wall when he enters the inn with Nicolas during this section of the book?
(d) The Mistress.
11. All Beauty could think of was Tristan telling her it would take a lot of _________ to be bad all the time.
12. Beauty was excited for the possible chance to see _________ that evening and the hours dragged on as a result.
(a) The Mistress.
(c) The Captain.
13. Only vaguely was Beauty aware of the ____________ being jerked by the Captain as she was sleeping.
(d) Bell chain.
14. The Captain realized that ___________ had been Tristan's lover when he was at the castle.
(a) The Queen.
15. The Captain learns that all the ___________ are back, except for one, which alarms him and causes him to ask why not.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jerard admits that he now feels the most proud when he is _____________ for his Mistress.
2. What does Beauty notice is different as she is walking in the village, though Richard tells her to be quiet?
3. What is Tristan to be whipped for when he is taken for shipping, according to Nicolas?
4. Who was the one who tended to the fire when Master Nicolas and Tristan were in the forest?
5. While Tristan has already been with the Princess in the tent, he realizes his ____________ has redoubled upon going to his Master.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)