|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man with the green eyes who took Tristan from his homeland, the man Tristan recognizes instantly?
2. While Tristan has already been with the Princess in the tent, he realizes his ____________ has redoubled upon going to his Master.
3. What does Beauty notice is different as she is walking in the village, though Richard tells her to be quiet?
4. Who was the slave that was missed more than any other at the court, even though the slave has to be disciplined often?
5. The Whipping Master calls out to Tristan to, "Snap those _________" as he is being punished.
6. What does Nicolas offer Tristan to drink as they are talking in the bedroom together?
7. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
8. What does Tristan finally answer that he felt when he was subjected to all of the tortures and the roles?
9. Who does Mistress Lockley kiss which makes Beauty feel jealous of this other slave's position?
10. The Captain points it that it wasn't the severity of the beatings which made Tristan connected to the Captain, but the daily __________.
11. Who did Beauty dream of as she slipped into a sleep later on in the evening?
12. A slave brings out a large bowl and sets it on the ground for the slaves to lap out of. What is in the bowl?
13. Tristan realizes that being Stefan's lover made his slave role _________ and so Tristan could not submit to him.
(b) A sham.
14. What was the food that was waiting for the slaves in the trough when they arrived back at the stables?
15. What was Tristan's Master doing when he entered the bedroom of his Master?
(c) Changing clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty thought it was positively odd not to be _____________ when she was being bathed and punished.
2. What does Nicolas bring to the bed where he and Tristan will be lying down?
3. Richard tied the Mistress' ____________ as Beauty finally woke up after their sexual encounter.
4. Who was the one who tended to the fire when Master Nicolas and Tristan were in the forest?
5. The Captain describes ____________ as one of the wildest slaves he's known, broke and ran through the forest when the slave was ordered to strip.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)