|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauty realizes that in the morning the Mistress will __________ her, just as she does with all of the slaves.
2. Once the night with Nicolas is over, Tristan thinks that the soreness in all of his muscles and in his flesh is __________.
3. Nicolas tells Tristan that ___________ is up to become a slave for the next year, in accordance with the ritual.
4. Tristan believes it ___________ Nicolas to see Tristan and Beauty to be happily together.
5. Tristan felt the first real panic when the ______ was fitted over his head and over his shoulders.
6. What did people carry their wine around in as they were walked about the village?
7. Who was the handsomest of princes from the castle who was taking a turn on the Public Turntable as Tristan was bathed?
8. What does Mistress Lockley say that the soldiers liked on Beauty when they had their way with her?
9. Tristan tells Beauty that he is more than ______________ in his new role as a slave with Nicolas.
10. Who did Beauty dream of as she slipped into a sleep later on in the evening?
11. When does the strange ritual for the new batch of slaves take place, according to Nicolas as he explains this to Tristan?
(b) Midsummer Night.
(c) May Day.
12. What does Nicolas answer when Tristan asks him if a slave is ever granted a request?
(a) All the time.
(c) Almost never.
(d) Only one time.
13. Prince Richard allowed Beauty to _________ a little slowly, though he eventually told her to perk up lest they be whipped.
14. What does Beauty notice is different as she is walking in the village, though Richard tells her to be quiet?
15. Tristan is awakened and pulled from the bed by one the servants at _______________ of the day.
(a) Early morning.
(d) Mid morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tristan is on display in the house, he is ordered to be ___________ properly, by the Mistress.
2. What is Nicolas going to allow Tristan to do in order to make him happy?
3. Who was the one who tended to the fire when Master Nicolas and Tristan were in the forest?
4. Another slave tries to console Tristan's desires by telling him that the one chosen must __________ in the beginning.
5. Once Beauty is done with cleaning up the room where she and the Captain are, she will be cleaned and serve in the __________.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)