|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauty thought it was positively odd not to be _____________ when she was being bathed and punished.
(a) Listened to.
(b) Spoken to.
(c) Looked at.
2. Nicolas asks Tristan if Tristan hates him for having him __________ at the public turntable.
3. What did Tristan hasten to do when he was with his Master at the beginning of this section?
(a) Kiss his hand.
(b) Tie his boots.
(c) Bathe him.
(d) Clean his fingers.
4. Only vaguely was Beauty aware of the ____________ being jerked by the Captain as she was sleeping.
(a) Bell chain.
5. In the early evening, ___________ was a pony again, feeling safe in the harnesses and the position.
6. The Captain points it that it wasn't the severity of the beatings which made Tristan connected to the Captain, but the daily __________.
7. What does Nicolas bring to the bed where he and Tristan will be lying down?
(c) A knife.
8. What is between Beauty's legs as she is sleeping in her bound position?
9. What did the men squirt up into Beauty in order to clean her after the orgy which took place?
10. While Tristan has already been with the Princess in the tent, he realizes his ____________ has redoubled upon going to his Master.
11. A slave brings out a large bowl and sets it on the ground for the slaves to lap out of. What is in the bowl?
12. Tristan tells Beauty that he is more than ______________ in his new role as a slave with Nicolas.
13. Beauty feels badly for the runaway slave as the slave now has no loving ______________ to guide him.
14. Tristan felt the first real panic when the ______ was fitted over his head and over his shoulders.
15. When does the strange ritual for the new batch of slaves take place, according to Nicolas as he explains this to Tristan?
(a) Midsummer Night.
(b) May Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tristan finally answer that he felt when he was subjected to all of the tortures and the roles?
2. Nicolas tells Tristan that ___________ is up to become a slave for the next year, in accordance with the ritual.
3. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
4. Who does Tristan see hanging of the wall when he enters the inn with Nicolas during this section of the book?
5. Another slave tries to console Tristan's desires by telling him that the one chosen must __________ in the beginning.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)