|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jerard admits that he now feels the most proud when he is _____________ for his Mistress.
2. What does Mistress Lockley say that the soldiers liked on Beauty when they had their way with her?
3. What did Tristan hasten to do when he was with his Master at the beginning of this section?
(a) Kiss his hand.
(b) Bathe him.
(c) Tie his boots.
(d) Clean his fingers.
4. What was the food that was waiting for the slaves in the trough when they arrived back at the stables?
5. Nicolas tells Tristan, "I have never loved any _________ as I love you," when they are finally alone together.
6. Beauty realizes that in the morning the Mistress will __________ her, just as she does with all of the slaves.
7. Tristan started to ___________, weary and desperate from the exertions and the starvation of his loins.
8. Once the night with Nicolas is over, Tristan thinks that the soreness in all of his muscles and in his flesh is __________.
9. While Tristan has already been with the Princess in the tent, he realizes his ____________ has redoubled upon going to his Master.
10. What did people carry their wine around in as they were walked about the village?
11. Who does Tristan see hanging of the wall when he enters the inn with Nicolas during this section of the book?
(b) The Mistress.
12. The Captain points it that it wasn't the severity of the beatings which made Tristan connected to the Captain, but the daily __________.
13. After the beating, who does Tristan kneel before and hear the command for him to follow to the road along the ramparts.
(d) Whipping boy.
14. Beauty thought it was positively odd not to be _____________ when she was being bathed and punished.
(a) Looked at.
(c) Listened to.
(d) Spoken to.
15. In a moment of pure madness, Tristan realizes he wants the Captain to take him to the place of ________________.
(a) Beauty's room.
(b) The stables.
(c) The Court.
(d) Public Punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan says that one has to __________ his Master or Mistress, but he did not feel this way about Stefan.
2. What was Tristan's Master doing when he entered the bedroom of his Master?
3. All Beauty could think of was Tristan telling her it would take a lot of _________ to be bad all the time.
4. Nicolas kisses Tristan's ___________ quickly as he is in line with the other ponies.
5. Another slave tries to console Tristan's desires by telling him that the one chosen must __________ in the beginning.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)