|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the eyes of Nicolas, as Tristan discovers when he is stopped with a new order?
2. The slave hanging on the front of the inn hung like ripe _________ from a shingle, perking up when the Mistress arrived.
3. Many princes and princesses are sent to become slaves of the Court until they should be rewarded and sent home to their ___________.
(d) Jail cells.
4. What begins to take Beauty to her new place of enslavement as the opening chapter ends?
5. The ___________ of the dagger entered Beauty as the Captain continued his torments with her.
6. What was at the end of the phallus that Tristan is going to wear during his time as a slave?
(a) Horse tail.
(b) A flag.
(c) A sign.
7. How long had Sleeping Beauty been sleeping when she was awakened from her slumber?
8. What did Beauty believe the Captain must certainly be vain of, in terms of his good looks?
(a) His eyebrows.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His figure
(d) His blond hair.
9. Which slave was the undisputed favorite of the Prince, according to the opening of the book?
10. Beauty began to feel that beatings and paddling were become more ____________ and it seemed strange to her.
11. What did the Captain use in order to inspect the endowments of Beauty as she was laid down?
(a) His sword.
(b) A knife.
(c) A knife handle.
(d) Gloved hands.
12. What does the auctioneer compare Beauty's hair to as he is describing her to the crowd?
(b) Golden coins.
(c) Rapturous yellow.
(d) Spun gold.
13. Who was the sometime Mistress of Beauty when she was in the Court as a slave?
14. The slaves were now being condemned to hard labor and cruel use by the ___________ people.
(d) Most dignified.
15. Who consented to Beauty's new life as a slave according to the previous story?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her grandparents.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan sees as many as 8 or 10 slaves attached and harnessed to larger _____________.
2. The Mistress lets Tristan know that it will be rare for them to leave the ___________ unplugged.
3. Tristan realizes he heard a number of kind words of ___________ from his previous Master, though he had still chosen to disobey.
4. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
5. Tristan tells Beauty that he disobeyed his Master because about a year ago, in another land, Lord Stefan and he were ___________.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)