|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
(c) An honor.
2. Beauty sees that Tristan's face is a little __________ than that of most of the men, with strong bones.
3. What was just fading out of the morning sky as the slaves were traveling in the cart to their new home?
(a) The sun.
(b) The moon.
(c) Morning star.
(d) The clouds.
4. For how many gold pieces is Beauty sold when she is put up for auction in the village?
(a) 27 gold pieces.
(b) 20 gold pieces.
(c) 100 gold pieces.
(d) 10 gold pieces.
5. The Captain's mouth sucked the ___________ out of Beauty as they made love together for the first time in this section.
6. What was on the sign to designate the shop where silver and gold plating was done?
(a) Silver cup.
(c) Gold cup.
(d) A slave.
7. Who is Beauty introduced to when she is brought to the new room by Mistress Lockley?
8. The slaves were now being condemned to hard labor and cruel use by the ___________ people.
(b) Most dignified.
9. How long had Sleeping Beauty been sleeping when she was awakened from her slumber?
10. What did the slave of the court get to experience after the punishments they received?
(a) Warm baths and oils.
(b) More punishments.
(d) A walk in the cold.
11. Beauty thinks it's amazing that the prince on the torture device is able to keep his _______________ during the pain.
(a) Eyes open.
(b) Breath steady.
(c) Body in position.
(d) Screams quiet.
12. What does Mistress Lockley want the man to get for her when Beauty first arrives at the inn?
(a) More leather straps.
(d) Wooden paddle.
13. Tristan tells Beauty, "In the end, they will _________ over us," as they are moving along in the cart.
(b) Have anger.
(d) Have love.
14. What did the Captain use in order to inspect the endowments of Beauty as she was laid down?
(a) His sword.
(b) Gloved hands.
(c) A knife handle.
(d) A knife.
15. The handle of the dagger was gold and was encrusted with emeralds and _________ as Beauty saw it come toward her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the slaves at the Court sleep, unconcerned for the disobedient ones who were being taken away?
2. Even as he was on the auction block, Tristan thought about Beauty's __________ and questions in his mind.
3. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
4. Where is the auction block in the new village where the slaves are being taken?
5. The slave must always enter the house on ______________ without begin told, according to Nicolas.
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)