|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was on the sign to designate the shop where silver and gold plating was done?
(a) Gold cup.
(b) Silver cup.
(c) A slave.
2. Who does Beauty get to travel with as she is brought to her new place of enslavement?
3. What does Mistress Lockley want the man to get for her when Beauty first arrives at the inn?
(a) Wooden paddle.
(c) More leather straps.
4. What color are the eyes of the Captain, as Beauty finds out when she looks up into his face?
5. Beauty is bound up as she is given to her new owner, thinking that it was very clever that she would be led around as though she were a little _________.
6. Tristan tells Beauty that he disobeyed his Master because about a year ago, in another land, Lord Stefan and he were ___________.
7. For how many gold pieces is Beauty sold when she is put up for auction in the village?
(a) 27 gold pieces.
(b) 10 gold pieces.
(c) 20 gold pieces.
(d) 100 gold pieces.
8. When Nicolas is telling Tristan how to match, he tells him, "Pick up your __________ and hold your head high and back."
9. The way Mistress Lockley ___________ made Beauty interested in her and engaged by her.
10. Beauty realized that it did not matter if she walked to the the platform and the turntable in ____________.
11. The Captain instructs Beauty to always kiss his ___________ when he is at the inn and she is in the room with him.
12. What did the slave of the court get to experience after the punishments they received?
(a) Warm baths and oils.
(b) A walk in the cold.
(d) More punishments.
13. Where is the auction block in the new village where the slaves are being taken?
(a) Jail cell.
(b) Queen's room.
(c) Village marketplace.
14. What does Beauty bring upon herself as she watched another slave be punished for his actions?
(a) The highest favor.
(b) A moment of worry.
(d) The very same punishment.
15. The handle of the dagger was gold and was encrusted with emeralds and _________ as Beauty saw it come toward her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
2. Tristan is told to hold tight to the ____________ above him as the men are given Nicolas' permission to play with the slave.
3. Tristan asks Beauty why she decided to ___________ deliberately as they are sitting near each other.
4. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
5. How were Beauty's protests silenced during the experience with the Captain?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)