|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicolas believes that Tristan would have gone for ____________ the price if he had gone later on in the auction.
(a) Three times.
(b) Ten times.
(c) Four times.
2. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
(c) An honor.
3. What was on the sign to designate the shop where silver and gold plating was done?
(a) A slave.
(b) Gold cup.
(d) Silver cup.
4. What begins to take Beauty to her new place of enslavement as the opening chapter ends?
5. Who was the sometime Mistress of Beauty when she was in the Court as a slave?
6. Where is Beauty going to be taken during her journey away from the Court?
(a) To a farm.
(b) To the Sultan.
(c) To the graveyard.
(d) To the auction block.
7. Beauty realizes the slaves are beginning to look normal to her; one cleaned a ______________ on her hands and knees.
(c) Shop window.
8. The Captain says to Beauty, "You will ________ yourself to me," when he finally speaks after looking at her.
9. There was also a disobedient slave when Beauty was with the Queen. His name was Prince ___________.
10. The way Mistress Lockley ___________ made Beauty interested in her and engaged by her.
11. What was at the end of the phallus that Tristan is going to wear during his time as a slave?
(a) A flag.
(b) A sign.
(c) Horse tail.
12. What did the Captain use in order to inspect the endowments of Beauty as she was laid down?
(a) Gloved hands.
(b) A knife handle.
(c) A knife.
(d) His sword.
13. The slave must always enter the house on ______________ without begin told, according to Nicolas.
(a) The front stoop.
(b) The saddle.
(c) Their hands and knees.
(d) Their Master's knee.
14. Where did Mistress Lockley force Beauty to go up to when she took her out and dried her hair?
(a) A dressing room.
(b) A stair behind a fireplace.
(c) A kitchen.
(d) A stable.
15. What does someone shout as Beauty is being described and tormented on the block? "Sell her into the ________!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan sees as many as 8 or 10 slaves attached and harnessed to larger _____________.
2. Tristan and Beauty are sent away to a place of ___________ instead of being in the Court.
3. Where was Beauty being taken at the beginning of this section of the book?
4. Tristan is warned that if he does not obey orders, then he will be strapped on the ________________.
5. Who did Beauty disobey her orders for as she watched him be one of the disgraced of the castle?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)