|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mistress Lockley force Beauty to go up to when she took her out and dried her hair?
(a) A stair behind a fireplace.
(b) A stable.
(c) A kitchen.
(d) A dressing room.
2. The slave hanging on the front of the inn hung like ripe _________ from a shingle, perking up when the Mistress arrived.
3. Beauty was claimed as the Prince's naked ___________ slave to be taken to his Kingdom.
4. What was on the sign to designate the shop where silver and gold plating was done?
(a) A slave.
(b) Silver cup.
(d) Gold cup.
5. Who is Beauty introduced to when she is brought to the new room by Mistress Lockley?
6. For how many gold pieces is Beauty sold when she is put up for auction in the village?
(a) 20 gold pieces.
(b) 10 gold pieces.
(c) 100 gold pieces.
(d) 27 gold pieces.
7. What is the first thing Tristan sees as he moves into a new room with oil lamps and is told to remain still?
(c) A bed.
8. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
(b) An honor.
9. What is the first way in which Beauty thinks of her new Mistress as she is being led away from the auction block?
(a) Crazy women.
(b) Madame of Ill Repute.
(c) Rich Courtesan.
(d) Rich innkeeper.
10. Tristan clung to the _________ memory of Beauty's exquisite face and the flashing of disobedience in her eyes.
11. What did Tristan remove from himself as he and Beauty were sitting in the cart together?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His leather gag.
(c) His hat.
(d) His handcuffs.
12. What did the slave of the court get to experience after the punishments they received?
(a) More punishments.
(b) A walk in the cold.
(c) Warm baths and oils.
13. Beauty also became infatuated with the Queen's exquisite slave, Prince ____________.
14. Tristan is warned that if he does not obey orders, then he will be strapped on the ________________.
(a) Public Turntable.
15. The slave must always enter the house on ______________ without begin told, according to Nicolas.
(a) The front stoop.
(b) Their hands and knees.
(c) The saddle.
(d) Their Master's knee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Beauty forced to do when she entered the room and Mistress Lockley pushed her forward?
2. The Commander thinks it would have been a privilege to whip the slaves to press their lips to the Queen's ____________.
3. How were Beauty's protests silenced during the experience with the Captain?
4. The Hall of ____________ was a place that Beauty had to face in her last station as a slave for her Prince.
5. What does Mistress Lockley want the man to get for her when Beauty first arrives at the inn?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)