|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Beauty become accustomed to the shadows in the room, she realized there were many other ___________ there.
(a) Naked slaves.
2. Beauty almost screamed with ___________ when the dagger is used on and inside of her.
3. Who is Beauty introduced to when she is brought to the new room by Mistress Lockley?
4. Tristan is told to hold tight to the ____________ above him as the men are given Nicolas' permission to play with the slave.
(a) Iron bracket.
(b) Window ledge.
(c) Wooden post.
5. Who does Beauty get to travel with as she is brought to her new place of enslavement?
6. Tristan tells Beauty, "In the end, they will _________ over us," as they are moving along in the cart.
(a) Have love.
(d) Have anger.
7. What is the first way in which Beauty thinks of her new Mistress as she is being led away from the auction block?
(a) Madame of Ill Repute.
(b) Crazy women.
(c) Rich innkeeper.
(d) Rich Courtesan.
8. The Commander thinks it would have been a privilege to whip the slaves to press their lips to the Queen's ____________.
9. What color are the eyes of the Captain, as Beauty finds out when she looks up into his face?
10. What does Mistress Lockley want the man to get for her when Beauty first arrives at the inn?
(b) More leather straps.
(c) Wooden paddle.
11. The _________ came again paralyzing and silencing Beauty's open mouth as the lovemaking continued.
12. Tristan sees as many as 8 or 10 slaves attached and harnessed to larger _____________.
13. Where were the soldiers riding close to so as to make sure they could still reach the slaves to beat them as they traveled?
(a) Carriage seat.
(b) Wooden wheels.
14. The slave must always enter the house on ______________ without begin told, according to Nicolas.
(a) Their hands and knees.
(b) The saddle.
(c) The front stoop.
(d) Their Master's knee.
15. Where was Beauty being taken at the beginning of this section of the book?
(c) Auction block.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many gold pieces is Beauty sold when she is put up for auction in the village?
2. Beauty sees that Tristan's face is a little __________ than that of most of the men, with strong bones.
3. Beauty realizes the slaves are beginning to look normal to her; one cleaned a ______________ on her hands and knees.
4. What did the Captain use in order to inspect the endowments of Beauty as she was laid down?
5. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)