|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauty thinks it's amazing that the prince on the torture device is able to keep his _______________ during the pain.
(a) Body in position.
(b) Screams quiet.
(c) Eyes open.
(d) Breath steady.
2. What surprised Tristan about the woman in the room, as she finally came into focus?
(a) She was old.
(b) She was writing.
(c) It was his mother.
(d) It was Beauty.
3. Tristan tells Beauty, "In the end, they will _________ over us," as they are moving along in the cart.
(c) Have anger.
(d) Have love.
4. The Captain's mouth sucked the ___________ out of Beauty as they made love together for the first time in this section.
5. When Beauty become accustomed to the shadows in the room, she realized there were many other ___________ there.
(c) Naked slaves.
6. Which slave was the undisputed favorite of the Prince, according to the opening of the book?
7. What did the Captain do as he called Beauty his slave at the end of their time together?
(a) Trace her face with the dagger.
(b) Slap her face.
(c) Kiss her eyelids.
(d) Paddle her.
8. For how many gold pieces is Beauty sold when she is put up for auction in the village?
(a) 20 gold pieces.
(b) 27 gold pieces.
(c) 100 gold pieces.
(d) 10 gold pieces.
9. Who consented to Beauty's new life as a slave according to the previous story?
(a) Her grandparents.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her brother.
10. Where is Beauty going to be taken during her journey away from the Court?
(a) To the auction block.
(b) To a farm.
(c) To the graveyard.
(d) To the Sultan.
11. The slave hanging on the front of the inn hung like ripe _________ from a shingle, perking up when the Mistress arrived.
12. Tristan ended up being sold to Nicolas, the Queen's ______________, when he was at the auction.
13. How long had Sleeping Beauty been sleeping when she was awakened from her slumber?
14. The question that torments Tristan is: Is it not easier to __________ than to choose not to?
15. Beauty is bound up as she is given to her new owner, thinking that it was very clever that she would be led around as though she were a little _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan is told to hold tight to the ____________ above him as the men are given Nicolas' permission to play with the slave.
2. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
3. Where was Beauty being taken at the beginning of this section of the book?
4. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
5. In some realm, as Beauty and Tristan were making love, she felt that she was not ___________.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)