|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The slave must always enter the house on ______________ without begin told, according to Nicolas.
(a) The front stoop.
(b) The saddle.
(c) Their Master's knee.
(d) Their hands and knees.
2. What color are the eyes of the Captain, as Beauty finds out when she looks up into his face?
3. Tristan tells Beauty that he disobeyed his Master because about a year ago, in another land, Lord Stefan and he were ___________.
4. What surprised Tristan about the woman in the room, as she finally came into focus?
(a) It was his mother.
(b) She was writing.
(c) It was Beauty.
(d) She was old.
5. Tristan tells Beauty, "In the end, they will _________ over us," as they are moving along in the cart.
(a) Have anger.
(d) Have love.
6. Beauty realizes the slaves are beginning to look normal to her; one cleaned a ______________ on her hands and knees.
(b) Shop window.
7. What does someone shout as Beauty is being described and tormented on the block? "Sell her into the ________!"
8. How long had Sleeping Beauty been sleeping when she was awakened from her slumber?
9. The Captain's mouth sucked the ___________ out of Beauty as they made love together for the first time in this section.
10. Where was Beauty being taken at the beginning of this section of the book?
(c) Auction block.
11. Who consented to Beauty's new life as a slave according to the previous story?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her grandparents.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her brother.
12. When Beauty become accustomed to the shadows in the room, she realized there were many other ___________ there.
(d) Naked slaves.
13. What is the first way in which Beauty thinks of her new Mistress as she is being led away from the auction block?
(a) Rich innkeeper.
(b) Madame of Ill Repute.
(c) Rich Courtesan.
(d) Crazy women.
14. Beauty thinks it's amazing that the prince on the torture device is able to keep his _______________ during the pain.
(a) Screams quiet.
(b) Eyes open.
(c) Breath steady.
(d) Body in position.
15. Where is Beauty going to be taken during her journey away from the Court?
(a) To the auction block.
(b) To the Sultan.
(c) To the graveyard.
(d) To a farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. All year, the villagers would ___________ just to have the chance to purchase a slave during the auction.
2. Tristan asks Beauty why she decided to ___________ deliberately as they are sitting near each other.
3. What did Tristan remove from himself as he and Beauty were sitting in the cart together?
4. What did Beauty believe the Captain must certainly be vain of, in terms of his good looks?
5. The slaves were now being condemned to hard labor and cruel use by the ___________ people.
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)