|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mistress lets Tristan know that it will be rare for them to leave the ___________ unplugged.
2. Where did the slaves at the Court sleep, unconcerned for the disobedient ones who were being taken away?
(a) Silken beds.
(b) The floor.
(c) The courtyard.
(d) The stable.
3. Who is Beauty introduced to when she is brought to the new room by Mistress Lockley?
4. The slave must always enter the house on ______________ without begin told, according to Nicolas.
(a) Their hands and knees.
(b) The saddle.
(c) Their Master's knee.
(d) The front stoop.
5. The woman she was with was walking so fast that Beauty had to ________, even if she didn't want to.
6. The Mistress wants Beauty to whimper with ___________ for her supper when she gets it and to lick her plate clean.
7. The Captain's mouth sucked the ___________ out of Beauty as they made love together for the first time in this section.
8. Tristan notices that his new Master had long and lean ___________ which grab his attention first.
9. The Captain wants her to do something for him: "You will put your __________ between your legs."
(a) Leather binding.
10. The slave hanging on the front of the inn hung like ripe _________ from a shingle, perking up when the Mistress arrived.
11. The _________ came again paralyzing and silencing Beauty's open mouth as the lovemaking continued.
12. What does the auctioneer compare Beauty's hair to as he is describing her to the crowd?
(b) Golden coins.
(c) Rapturous yellow.
(d) Spun gold.
13. Tristan asks Beauty why she decided to ___________ deliberately as they are sitting near each other.
14. Who was the sometime Mistress of Beauty when she was in the Court as a slave?
15. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the auction block in the new village where the slaves are being taken?
2. How were Beauty's protests silenced during the experience with the Captain?
3. Tristan ended up being sold to Nicolas, the Queen's ______________, when he was at the auction.
4. What color was the bodice of the Mistress Lockley as she was taking Beauty back to the inn?
5. What did Beauty believe the Captain must certainly be vain of, in terms of his good looks?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)