|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
(a) An honor.
2. Who was the last slave to be loaded into the card, one who had caught the attention of the Commander of the Patrol?
3. The Captain says to Beauty, "You will ________ yourself to me," when he finally speaks after looking at her.
4. Tristan sees as many as 8 or 10 slaves attached and harnessed to larger _____________.
5. Beauty sees that Tristan's face is a little __________ than that of most of the men, with strong bones.
6. Where is the auction block in the new village where the slaves are being taken?
(a) Village marketplace.
(c) Jail cell.
(d) Queen's room.
7. What begins to take Beauty to her new place of enslavement as the opening chapter ends?
8. Beauty longed to _____________, but could not do so because her hands were bound.
(a) Embrace Tristan.
(c) Escape from the cart.
(d) Hurt a guard.
9. What was the ordeal that Beauty had to face in her previous station as a slave in the Court?
(a) Black Death.
(b) Bridle Path.
(c) Grazing Manacle.
(d) Truth Torture.
10. What was Beauty forced to do when she entered the room and Mistress Lockley pushed her forward?
(a) Fall on her bottom.
11. The _________ came again paralyzing and silencing Beauty's open mouth as the lovemaking continued.
12. The Mistress wants Beauty to whimper with ___________ for her supper when she gets it and to lick her plate clean.
13. Tristan is warned that if he does not obey orders, then he will be strapped on the ________________.
(b) Public Turntable.
14. Who is Beauty introduced to when she is brought to the new room by Mistress Lockley?
15. The question that torments Tristan is: Is it not easier to __________ than to choose not to?
Short Answer Questions
1. The way Mistress Lockley ___________ made Beauty interested in her and engaged by her.
2. Tristan and Beauty are sent away to a place of ___________ instead of being in the Court.
3. The handle of the dagger was gold and was encrusted with emeralds and _________ as Beauty saw it come toward her.
4. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
5. The Commander doesn't do anything about the way that Beauty and Tristan are behaving because ___________________.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)