|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the people aren't able to buy a slave at the auction, they can go to the _________ to pay for some time with them.
2. What did Beauty believe the Captain must certainly be vain of, in terms of his good looks?
(a) His eyebrows.
(b) His blond hair.
(c) His figure
(d) His eyes.
3. The slave must always enter the house on ______________ without begin told, according to Nicolas.
(a) The front stoop.
(b) The saddle.
(c) Their Master's knee.
(d) Their hands and knees.
4. The woman she was with was walking so fast that Beauty had to ________, even if she didn't want to.
5. Where were the soldiers riding close to so as to make sure they could still reach the slaves to beat them as they traveled?
(b) Carriage seat.
(c) Wooden wheels.
6. Who was the sometime Mistress of Beauty when she was in the Court as a slave?
7. When Beauty become accustomed to the shadows in the room, she realized there were many other ___________ there.
(b) Naked slaves.
8. The Commander thinks it would have been a privilege to whip the slaves to press their lips to the Queen's ____________.
9. Where did Mistress Lockley force Beauty to go up to when she took her out and dried her hair?
(a) A stair behind a fireplace.
(b) A dressing room.
(c) A stable.
(d) A kitchen.
10. How were Beauty's protests silenced during the experience with the Captain?
(a) He gagged her.
(b) He choked her.
(c) He kissed her.
(d) She simply chose not to talk.
11. What does Beauty bring upon herself as she watched another slave be punished for his actions?
(a) The very same punishment.
(b) The highest favor.
(d) A moment of worry.
12. The question that torments Tristan is: Is it not easier to __________ than to choose not to?
13. What color are the eyes of the Captain, as Beauty finds out when she looks up into his face?
14. For how many gold pieces is Beauty sold when she is put up for auction in the village?
(a) 27 gold pieces.
(b) 10 gold pieces.
(c) 100 gold pieces.
(d) 20 gold pieces.
15. What did Tristan remove from himself as he and Beauty were sitting in the cart together?
(a) His handcuffs.
(b) His hat.
(c) His leather gag.
(d) His clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Beauty disobey her orders for as she watched him be one of the disgraced of the castle?
2. What is the first thing Tristan sees as he moves into a new room with oil lamps and is told to remain still?
3. The Commander doesn't do anything about the way that Beauty and Tristan are behaving because ___________________.
4. What was Beauty forced to do when she entered the room and Mistress Lockley pushed her forward?
5. What was just fading out of the morning sky as the slaves were traveling in the cart to their new home?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)