|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins to take Beauty to her new place of enslavement as the opening chapter ends?
2. Tristan realizes he heard a number of kind words of ___________ from his previous Master, though he had still chosen to disobey.
3. Tristan asks Beauty why she decided to ___________ deliberately as they are sitting near each other.
4. Who did Beauty disobey her orders for as she watched him be one of the disgraced of the castle?
5. The _________ came again paralyzing and silencing Beauty's open mouth as the lovemaking continued.
6. What was just fading out of the morning sky as the slaves were traveling in the cart to their new home?
(a) The moon.
(b) The clouds.
(c) Morning star.
(d) The sun.
7. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
8. What did the Captain use in order to inspect the endowments of Beauty as she was laid down?
(a) His sword.
(b) Gloved hands.
(c) A knife handle.
(d) A knife.
9. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
(b) An honor.
10. Tristan clung to the _________ memory of Beauty's exquisite face and the flashing of disobedience in her eyes.
11. The Commander doesn't do anything about the way that Beauty and Tristan are behaving because ___________________.
(a) He feels sorry for them.
(b) He doesn't notice.
(c) He is ordered not to.
(d) He wants to buy her unspoiled.
12. Tristan sees as many as 8 or 10 slaves attached and harnessed to larger _____________.
13. What surprised Tristan about the woman in the room, as she finally came into focus?
(a) She was old.
(b) It was his mother.
(c) She was writing.
(d) It was Beauty.
14. The Captain says to Beauty, "You will ________ yourself to me," when he finally speaks after looking at her.
15. Beauty almost screamed with ___________ when the dagger is used on and inside of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the people aren't able to buy a slave at the auction, they can go to the _________ to pay for some time with them.
2. What does the auctioneer compare Beauty's hair to as he is describing her to the crowd?
3. The slave must always enter the house on ______________ without begin told, according to Nicolas.
4. When Beauty become accustomed to the shadows in the room, she realized there were many other ___________ there.
5. Beauty realizes the slaves are beginning to look normal to her; one cleaned a ______________ on her hands and knees.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)