|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Tristan sees as he moves into a new room with oil lamps and is told to remain still?
(c) A bed.
2. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
3. Which slave was the undisputed favorite of the Prince, according to the opening of the book?
4. Beauty realizes the slaves are beginning to look normal to her; one cleaned a ______________ on her hands and knees.
(d) Shop window.
5. Beauty is bound up as she is given to her new owner, thinking that it was very clever that she would be led around as though she were a little _________.
6. Beauty also became infatuated with the Queen's exquisite slave, Prince ____________.
7. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
(d) An honor.
8. What color was the bodice of the Mistress Lockley as she was taking Beauty back to the inn?
9. Beauty thinks it's amazing that the prince on the torture device is able to keep his _______________ during the pain.
(a) Screams quiet.
(b) Breath steady.
(c) Eyes open.
(d) Body in position.
10. Beauty realized that it did not matter if she walked to the the platform and the turntable in ____________.
11. What surprised Tristan about the woman in the room, as she finally came into focus?
(a) It was Beauty.
(b) She was writing.
(c) It was his mother.
(d) She was old.
12. There was also a disobedient slave when Beauty was with the Queen. His name was Prince ___________.
13. What was on the sign to designate the shop where silver and gold plating was done?
(a) Silver cup.
(b) Gold cup.
(c) A slave.
14. When Beauty become accustomed to the shadows in the room, she realized there were many other ___________ there.
(b) Naked slaves.
15. What was just fading out of the morning sky as the slaves were traveling in the cart to their new home?
(a) The clouds.
(b) Morning star.
(c) The sun.
(d) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The slaves were now being condemned to hard labor and cruel use by the ___________ people.
2. Tristan and Beauty are sent away to a place of ___________ instead of being in the Court.
3. Even as he was on the auction block, Tristan thought about Beauty's __________ and questions in his mind.
4. The ___________ of the dagger entered Beauty as the Captain continued his torments with her.
5. Tristan tells Beauty, "In the end, they will _________ over us," as they are moving along in the cart.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)