|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Commander doesn't do anything about the way that Beauty and Tristan are behaving because ___________________.
(a) He feels sorry for them.
(b) He doesn't notice.
(c) He wants to buy her unspoiled.
(d) He is ordered not to.
2. Where did Mistress Lockley force Beauty to go up to when she took her out and dried her hair?
(a) A kitchen.
(b) A dressing room.
(c) A stable.
(d) A stair behind a fireplace.
3. The way Mistress Lockley ___________ made Beauty interested in her and engaged by her.
4. The Captain's mouth sucked the ___________ out of Beauty as they made love together for the first time in this section.
5. Tristan tells Beauty that he disobeyed his Master because about a year ago, in another land, Lord Stefan and he were ___________.
6. The _________ came again paralyzing and silencing Beauty's open mouth as the lovemaking continued.
7. The Mistress lets Tristan know that it will be rare for them to leave the ___________ unplugged.
8. What was just fading out of the morning sky as the slaves were traveling in the cart to their new home?
(a) Morning star.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
9. When Nicolas is telling Tristan how to match, he tells him, "Pick up your __________ and hold your head high and back."
10. The Captain instructs Beauty to always kiss his ___________ when he is at the inn and she is in the room with him.
11. The ___________ of the dagger entered Beauty as the Captain continued his torments with her.
12. Where is the auction block in the new village where the slaves are being taken?
(a) Queen's room.
(c) Village marketplace.
(d) Jail cell.
13. The question that torments Tristan is: Is it not easier to __________ than to choose not to?
14. The Hall of ____________ was a place that Beauty had to face in her last station as a slave for her Prince.
15. Where were the soldiers riding close to so as to make sure they could still reach the slaves to beat them as they traveled?
(b) Carriage seat.
(d) Wooden wheels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty sees that Tristan's face is a little __________ than that of most of the men, with strong bones.
2. How were Beauty's protests silenced during the experience with the Captain?
3. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
4. The woman she was with was walking so fast that Beauty had to ________, even if she didn't want to.
5. What is the first way in which Beauty thinks of her new Mistress as she is being led away from the auction block?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)