|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Captain instructs Beauty to always kiss his ___________ when he is at the inn and she is in the room with him.
2. Beauty realized that it did not matter if she walked to the the platform and the turntable in ____________.
3. Which slave was the undisputed favorite of the Prince, according to the opening of the book?
4. The Mistress lets Tristan know that it will be rare for them to leave the ___________ unplugged.
5. Even as he was on the auction block, Tristan thought about Beauty's __________ and questions in his mind.
6. Nicolas believes that Tristan would have gone for ____________ the price if he had gone later on in the auction.
(a) Four times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Ten times.
7. Tristan sees as many as 8 or 10 slaves attached and harnessed to larger _____________.
8. Tristan is told to hold tight to the ____________ above him as the men are given Nicolas' permission to play with the slave.
(a) Wooden post.
(b) Iron bracket.
(c) Window ledge.
9. What does someone shout as Beauty is being described and tormented on the block? "Sell her into the ________!"
10. How were Beauty's protests silenced during the experience with the Captain?
(a) She simply chose not to talk.
(b) He kissed her.
(c) He choked her.
(d) He gagged her.
11. Where is Beauty going to be taken during her journey away from the Court?
(a) To a farm.
(b) To the auction block.
(c) To the graveyard.
(d) To the Sultan.
12. How long had Sleeping Beauty been sleeping when she was awakened from her slumber?
13. When Nicolas is telling Tristan how to match, he tells him, "Pick up your __________ and hold your head high and back."
14. Beauty began to experience a mounting passion to _____________ her Mistress and her Master.
15. Beauty began to feel that beatings and paddling were become more ____________ and it seemed strange to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty sees that Tristan's face is a little __________ than that of most of the men, with strong bones.
2. What did the slave of the court get to experience after the punishments they received?
3. Where is the auction block in the new village where the slaves are being taken?
4. When the people aren't able to buy a slave at the auction, they can go to the _________ to pay for some time with them.
5. What did the Captain use in order to inspect the endowments of Beauty as she was laid down?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)