|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins to take Beauty to her new place of enslavement as the opening chapter ends?
2. What did the Captain do as he called Beauty his slave at the end of their time together?
(a) Kiss her eyelids.
(b) Trace her face with the dagger.
(c) Slap her face.
(d) Paddle her.
3. The slave must always enter the house on ______________ without begin told, according to Nicolas.
(a) The saddle.
(b) Their hands and knees.
(c) The front stoop.
(d) Their Master's knee.
4. Who does Beauty get to travel with as she is brought to her new place of enslavement?
5. Beauty also became infatuated with the Queen's exquisite slave, Prince ____________.
6. Tristan and Beauty are sent away to a place of ___________ instead of being in the Court.
(a) Ill repute.
(b) Harsh labor.
7. Beauty thinks it's amazing that the prince on the torture device is able to keep his _______________ during the pain.
(a) Eyes open.
(b) Body in position.
(c) Breath steady.
(d) Screams quiet.
8. All year, the villagers would ___________ just to have the chance to purchase a slave during the auction.
(a) Sleep in.
(b) Wait in line.
(c) Come from other towns.
(d) Save their money.
9. The Mistress lets Tristan know that it will be rare for them to leave the ___________ unplugged.
10. The Mistress is going to spank Beauty _________ so that Beauty will be obedient the entire summer as this will be repeated daily.
11. The handle of the dagger was gold and was encrusted with emeralds and _________ as Beauty saw it come toward her.
12. Where is the auction block in the new village where the slaves are being taken?
(a) Village marketplace.
(c) Queen's room.
(d) Jail cell.
13. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
14. Which slave was the undisputed favorite of the Prince, according to the opening of the book?
15. Tristan sees as many as 8 or 10 slaves attached and harnessed to larger _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the bodice of the Mistress Lockley as she was taking Beauty back to the inn?
2. Where was Beauty being taken at the beginning of this section of the book?
3. The slave hanging on the front of the inn hung like ripe _________ from a shingle, perking up when the Mistress arrived.
4. What does Mistress Lockley want the man to get for her when Beauty first arrives at the inn?
5. When the people aren't able to buy a slave at the auction, they can go to the _________ to pay for some time with them.
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)