|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The slaves were now being condemned to hard labor and cruel use by the ___________ people.
(d) Most dignified.
2. What is the first way in which Beauty thinks of her new Mistress as she is being led away from the auction block?
(a) Rich Courtesan.
(b) Rich innkeeper.
(c) Madame of Ill Repute.
(d) Crazy women.
3. What was the ordeal that Beauty had to face in her previous station as a slave in the Court?
(a) Bridle Path.
(b) Truth Torture.
(c) Grazing Manacle.
(d) Black Death.
4. What color was the bodice of the Mistress Lockley as she was taking Beauty back to the inn?
5. The Commander doesn't do anything about the way that Beauty and Tristan are behaving because ___________________.
(a) He doesn't notice.
(b) He is ordered not to.
(c) He wants to buy her unspoiled.
(d) He feels sorry for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
2. All year, the villagers would ___________ just to have the chance to purchase a slave during the auction.
3. Tristan tells Beauty, "In the end, they will _________ over us," as they are moving along in the cart.
4. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
5. What was just fading out of the morning sky as the slaves were traveling in the cart to their new home?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)