|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
(b) An honor.
2. The Commander doesn't do anything about the way that Beauty and Tristan are behaving because ___________________.
(a) He wants to buy her unspoiled.
(b) He doesn't notice.
(c) He is ordered not to.
(d) He feels sorry for them.
3. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
4. What did the Captain do as he called Beauty his slave at the end of their time together?
(a) Trace her face with the dagger.
(b) Paddle her.
(c) Kiss her eyelids.
(d) Slap her face.
5. How were Beauty's protests silenced during the experience with the Captain?
(a) He choked her.
(b) She simply chose not to talk.
(c) He kissed her.
(d) He gagged her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Captain says to Beauty, "You will ________ yourself to me," when he finally speaks after looking at her.
2. The Mistress wants Beauty to whimper with ___________ for her supper when she gets it and to lick her plate clean.
3. Tristan tells Beauty, "In the end, they will _________ over us," as they are moving along in the cart.
4. Tristan ended up being sold to Nicolas, the Queen's ______________, when he was at the auction.
5. All year, the villagers would ___________ just to have the chance to purchase a slave during the auction.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)