|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the strange ritual for the new batch of slaves take place, according to Nicolas as he explains this to Tristan?
(c) May Day.
(d) Midsummer Night.
2. When Beauty become accustomed to the shadows in the room, she realized there were many other ___________ there.
(b) Naked slaves.
3. What does Nicolas answer when Tristan asks him if a slave is ever granted a request?
(a) Only one time.
(c) Almost never.
(d) All the time.
4. What is Tristan to be whipped for when he is taken for shipping, according to Nicolas?
(a) His slowness.
(b) His smart mouth.
(c) His good looks.
(d) His feet.
5. Tristan feels as though he was emptied like a __________ when the phallus is removed from his body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicolas tells Tristan, "I have never loved any _________ as I love you," when they are finally alone together.
2. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
3. Another slave tries to console Tristan's desires by telling him that the one chosen must __________ in the beginning.
4. What does someone shout as Beauty is being described and tormented on the block? "Sell her into the ________!"
5. What is between Beauty's legs as she is sleeping in her bound position?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)