|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Little Miss Havana change into during the beauty pageant?
(a) Woman 4.
(b) Woman 3.
(c) Woman 1.
(d) Woman 2.
2. Where is Miss Commonwealth from?
(b) La Isla del Encanto.
3. How many contests has the Beauty Queen won?
4. Who says, "In Managua, in San Juan, in an Andes mountain town. She'll be put on a pedestal and trampled upon at the same time"?
(b) Senorita #1.
5. What is "carried by the winds of emotion," according to the Midwife?
(a) The woman.
(b) The smile.
(c) The butterfly.
(d) The heart.
6. Which is one of the magazines the Beauty Queen mentions her mother reading?
7. How much money per week does Maria la O make?
8. What does the MC call Miss Commonwealth?
9. Who does Maria la O say she liked dancing like as a kid?
(a) Fred Astaire.
(b) Muriel Ortega.
(c) Ginger Rogers.
(d) Margot Fonteyn.
10. Which contestant has the name Lupe Lupita Guadalupe Viva Zapata y Enchilada?
(a) Miss Conchita Banana.
(b) Little Miss Havana.
(c) Maria la O.
(d) Miss Chili Tamale.
11. What does the girl who went to see the ocean carry with her?
(a) A sorrow.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A memory.
(d) A smile.
12. Which character speaks first in the play?
(a) Don Jose.
(c) Don Luis.
13. What are Senoritas "always ready for" according to the song?
(b) Por favor.
14. What does the MC say that Latin women are the best of?
(a) Housewives and cooks.
(b) Lovers and haters.
(d) Dancers and singers.
15. Who says, "No one knows me. They see me passing by, but they don't know me. They don't see me"?
(a) Woman 1.
(b) Maria la O.
(c) The Girl.
(d) Woman 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Jose want in Act 1?
2. Whose full name is Fina de la Garza del Vedado y Miramar?
3. What does the Midwife call to Maria to tell her not to forget to do?
4. What does the Midwife say that Don Jose has gone to do?
5. What is Miss Commonwealth's goal in life?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)