|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song plays for the contestant from Mexico?
(a) "Mexican National Anthem."
(b) "Burritos a la Grande."
(c) "Chimichurri Salsa."
(d) "Alla en el Rancho Grande."
2. What brothel does Don Jose mention in Act 1?
(a) La Casa de Tequila.
(b) La Casa de Maria.
(c) La Casa de Jose.
(d) La Casa de Luisa.
3. What does the Beauty Queen say that she does every day?
(a) Straightens her hair.
(b) Waxes her legs.
(c) Bathes her dog.
(d) Washes dishes.
4. Which character speaks first in the play?
(b) Don Luis.
(d) Don Jose.
5. Who does the MC say the beauties of the tropical Caribbean will compete against?
(a) The beauties of Asia.
(b) The beauties of Europe.
(c) The beauties of North America.
(d) The beauties of South America.
6. What do the women freeze in the style of after they complete their songs?
(a) A mime.
(b) A cat.
(c) A doll.
(d) A man.
7. How does Woman 2 say her mother and grandmother walked the land?
(a) With sorrow.
(b) With broken hearts.
(c) With bare feet.
(d) With broken backs.
8. What does the MC call Miss Commonwealth?
9. Which is one of the magazines the Beauty Queen mentions her mother reading?
10. What was the Beauty Queen called as a child?
(a) La reinecita.
(c) La puerta.
(d) La chica.
11. How much does the Beauty Queen make for her contests?
12. What does Little Miss Havana wear?
(a) A nurse's uniform.
(b) An evening gown.
(c) A clown costume.
(d) A string of pearls.
13. Who says, "The girl who had never seen the ocean decided one day to see it"?
(a) The Girl.
(b) The MC.
(c) Little Miss Havana.
(d) Miss Commonwealth.
14. Which Senorita resembles Maria la O?
(a) Senorita #4.
(b) Senorita #2.
(c) Senorita #1.
(d) Senorita #3.
15. Where was Miss Conchita Banana created, according to the MC?
(a) Madison Avenue.
(b) Rockefeller Drive.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Fifth Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Commonwealth's goal in life?
2. What do you need to catch a man, according to Miss Commonwealth?
3. What does Miss Commonwealth sing of?
4. What is "carried by the winds of emotion," according to the Midwife?
5. Who arrives as the Midwife speaks to the audience in Act 1?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)