|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is one of the magazines the Beauty Queen mentions her mother reading?
2. What was the Beauty Queen called as a child?
(a) La reinecita.
(c) La chica.
(d) La puerta.
3. What are Senoritas "always ready for" according to the song?
(a) Por favor.
4. How many contests has the Beauty Queen won?
5. What is the Beauty Queen's son's name?
6. What do you need to catch a man, according to Miss Commonwealth?
(a) A smile.
(b) To know the tricks.
7. What do the women freeze in the style of after they complete their songs?
(a) A doll.
(b) A man.
(c) A mime.
(d) A cat.
8. What does Little Miss Havana wear?
(a) An evening gown.
(b) A nurse's uniform.
(c) A string of pearls.
(d) A clown costume.
9. How much does the Beauty Queen make for her contests?
10. What does the MC say that Latin women are the best of?
(a) Lovers and haters.
(b) Housewives and cooks.
(d) Dancers and singers.
11. Where does Miss Conchita Banana say you should never put bananas?
(a) The refrigerator.
(b) The floor.
(c) The oven.
(d) The stove.
12. Who does Miss Commonwealth encounter when she is about to exit?
(a) The Daughter.
(b) The Father.
(c) The Mother.
(d) The Girl.
13. What would the Midwife exchange a butterfly for?
(a) A mother.
(b) A baby.
(c) A permanent laugh.
(d) A permanent smile.
14. What is the name of the first song the Senoritas sing in Act 1?
(a) "The Beautiful Senoritas Song."
(b) "The Song of the Woman."
(c) "Chico's Song."
(d) "The Ciruchi Cha Cha."
15. What does the Girl do during the Midwife's second monologue?
(b) Plays with a doll.
(c) Plays with makeup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Midwife call to Maria to tell her not to forget to do?
2. Who does Little Miss Havana change into during the beauty pageant?
3. What is "carried by the winds of emotion," according to the Midwife?
4. Which character speaks first in the play?
5. Who arrives as the Midwife speaks to the audience in Act 1?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)