|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lena says in Chapter 22: "Bird in a Gilded Cage,” “From what I could see, Abraham Ravenwood appeared to be the Caster answer to” whom?
2. Lena says in Chapter 21: "Dark Side of the Moon,” “One thing about former Incubuses: They really appreciate” what?
3. What is the name of Macon’s wolfdog in the novel?
4. What color are Macon’s glowing eyes said to be in the darkness in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
5. What is the name of the Cast that Lena makes on Mr. Wate in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amma respond when she first encounters Macon Ravenwood in Chapter 29: "The Hands of the Dead"?
2. What is the relationship between Ridley and Link like in the novel?
3. Describe the character of Amma in the novel. What is Amma’s relationship to Ethan and Lena?
4. What objective and obstacles does Lena face once she’s obtained The Book of Moons in Chapter 25: "Death's Door"?
5. How does Abraham meet his demise in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
6. How do Lena and her friends decide to find The Book of Moons in Chapter 20: "A Deal with the Devil"? Who is said to be in possession of the book?
7. What dangers are presented with Abraham’s appearance in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
8. What decision do Lena and her friends make regarding their quest for the book in Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen"?
9. What creature attempts to take The Book of Moons in Chapter 25: “Death’s Door”? What happens?
10. Who is chosen to guard The Book of Moons when Lena and the others leave it on Lila’s grave in Chapter 25: "Death's Door"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of Genevieve in the novel. How is Genevieve related to Lena? What is the story of her relationship with Ethan Carter Wate? How do Genevieve’s actions influence the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the various supernatural powers that exist within Lena’s family. What are the names of the different “species” of Casters that Lena describes? Which are more or less powerful? How many Light Casters versus Dark Casters are in the family?
Essay Topic 3
Define “narrative point of view” and discuss the narrative perspective in Beautiful Redemption. Who is the narrator of the story? How does the narrative change in the story? Is the narrative perspective limited or omniscient? How does this affect the story?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)