|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abraham is said to be related to Macon Ravenwood how in Chapter 20: "A Deal with the Devil"?
(a) He is Macon’s father
(b) He is Macon’s grandfather
(c) He is Macon’s brother
(d) He is Macon’s son
2. Lena describes descending the stairs and smelling what aroma in Chapter 21: "Dark Side of the Moon"?
3. Lena says in Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen" that she has only one eye that is what?
4. Who does Abraham say he watched burn to death, “and the only thing that bothered me was the ash on my jacket” in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
5. What does Link stab Abraham with in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
(a) Garden shears
(b) A fishing rod
(c) A dagger
(d) A sword
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at the door of the bar “like clockwork” at the end of Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen"?
2. By what nickname does Ridley call Link when she first sees him in Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen"?
3. How is Hunting related to Macon Ravenwood?
4. Who owns the enormous mountain cat that appears at the cemetery in Chapter 25: "Death's Door"?
5. What creatures have filled Ravenwood Manor in the beginning of Chapter 28: "Caster Catfight"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amma respond when she first encounters Macon Ravenwood in Chapter 29: "The Hands of the Dead"?
2. Where have Lena’s family members been on vacation? What does she suspect has brought them home in Chapter 27: “The Cracks in Everything”?
3. Who is chosen to guard The Book of Moons when Lena and the others leave it on Lila’s grave in Chapter 25: "Death's Door"?
4. What is the relationship between Ridley and Link like in the novel?
5. How do Lena and the others learn the location where The Book of Moons may be located in Chapter 20: "A Deal with the Devil"?
6. Why and how does Amma show apprehension regarding Ridley in Chapter 27: "The Cracks in Everything"?
7. How do Lena and her friends decide to find The Book of Moons in Chapter 20: "A Deal with the Devil"? Who is said to be in possession of the book?
8. How does Amma arrange the Casters and Mortals for the ritual that takes place at the end of Chapter 29: "The Hands of the Dead"?
9. Where do Lena and her friends go for help when The Book of Moons stays on the grave?
10. Where does Ridley take Lena and the others to meet Abraham in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)