|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Amma agreed to meet Lena and the others in the beginning of Chapter 27: "The Cracks in Everything"?
(b) Wate’s Landing
(c) Ravenwood Manor
(d) His Garden of Perpetual Peace
2. Who says in Chapter 20: "A Deal with the Devil,” “I’m the one thing Abraham wants. And the only thing he can’t have”?
(a) Aunt Del
3. Abraham threatens to feed Link to what in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
(a) Hunting’s bears
(b) Hunting’s dogs
(c) Xavier’s cats
(d) Abraham’s wolves
4. Lena says in Chapter 21: "Dark Side of the Moon" that she hadn’t been alone with John since he tricked her into going where on her Seventeenth Moon?
(a) To the Great Barrier
(b) To the water tower
(c) To the Temporis Porta
(d) To the Far Keep
5. What is described by Lena in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems" as “only the book that had destroyed our lives, and the lives of all the Casters in my family before me on our sixteenth birthdays”?
(a) The Book of Stars
(b) The Book of Suns
(c) The Book of Songs
(d) The Book of Moons
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Liv’s boyfriend who is with her in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems"?
2. What is the name of Macon’s wolfdog in the novel?
3. What is John’s last name in the novel?
4. What term in the novel refers to a Caster that can see the past and the present at the same time?
5. Who is with Abraham when he appears in the cemetery in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Lena and the others learn the location where The Book of Moons may be located in Chapter 20: "A Deal with the Devil"?
2. Why and how does Amma show apprehension regarding Ridley in Chapter 27: "The Cracks in Everything"?
3. What dangers are presented with Abraham’s appearance in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
4. What objective and obstacles does Lena face once she’s obtained The Book of Moons in Chapter 25: "Death's Door"?
5. How does Amma arrange the Casters and Mortals for the ritual that takes place at the end of Chapter 29: "The Hands of the Dead"?
6. What is the central question of dispute among Lena and her friends in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems"?
7. How does the narrative perspective change in Book Two: “Lena”? What are Lena and her friends doing in the opening of Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems"?
8. Where have Lena’s family members been on vacation? What does she suspect has brought them home in Chapter 27: “The Cracks in Everything”?
9. What decision do Lena and her friends make regarding their quest for the book in Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen"?
10. How does Abraham meet his demise in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)