|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abraham is described in the narrative as being what species?
(a) An Empath
(b) A Natural
(c) A Necromancer
(d) A Blood Incubus
2. What creatures have filled Ravenwood Manor in the beginning of Chapter 28: "Caster Catfight"?
3. Who does Macon say left him a note to say where he and Lena would be going in Chapter 25: "Death's Door"?
(c) Aunt Del
(d) Bud Clayton
4. Who is with Abraham when he appears in the cemetery in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
5. What does Link stab Abraham with in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
(a) A sword
(b) A dagger
(c) Garden shears
(d) A fishing rod
Short Answer Questions
1. Abraham tells John in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle,” “Did you think I would create something as powerful as you if” what?
2. Lena says in Chapter 21: "Dark Side of the Moon" that she hadn’t been alone with John since he tricked her into going where on her Seventeenth Moon?
3. On the matchbook cover that the Sisters reveal in Chapter 20: "A Deal with the Devil,” it says, “The Dark Side O’ the Moon – N’awlin’s Finest Since” what year?
4. Who is the “creepy bald guy” that Abraham is said to be having secret meetings with frequently in Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen"?
5. Which of the Sisters is said to wash the garbage when no one is looking in Chapter 20: "A Deal with the Devil"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lena consider about Aunt Del’s abilities in Chapter 29: "The Hands of the Dead"?
2. What decision do Lena and her friends make regarding their quest for the book in Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen"?
3. Who does Lena discover in the hidden room above the bar in New Orleans? Why is this character there?
4. How do Lena and her friends decide to find The Book of Moons in Chapter 20: "A Deal with the Devil"? Who is said to be in possession of the book?
5. How does the narrative perspective change in Book Two: “Lena”? What are Lena and her friends doing in the opening of Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems"?
6. Where does Ridley take Lena and the others to meet Abraham in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
7. How does Abraham meet his demise in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
8. How does Amma arrange the Casters and Mortals for the ritual that takes place at the end of Chapter 29: "The Hands of the Dead"?
9. Where have Lena’s family members been on vacation? What does she suspect has brought them home in Chapter 27: “The Cracks in Everything”?
10. How does Amma respond when she first encounters Macon Ravenwood in Chapter 29: "The Hands of the Dead"?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)