|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does Amma’s grandmother call her in Chapter 8: "Broken Bottles"?
2. What has Amma sprinkled along the windowsills to keep spirits out in Chapter 7: "Crosswords"?
(c) Baking soda
3. Aunt Prue says she gave Lena what object so that she could stay in contact with her in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
(a) A pearl bracelet
(b) A ruby ring
(c) A rose necklace
(d) A rive eye stone
4. What are the songs called that Ethan’s mother says she sent him in Chapter 2: "Fried Green Tomatoes"?
(a) The Sun Songs
(b) The Shadowing Songs
(c) The Moon Songs
(d) The Psalm Songs
5. What Celtic symbol adorns Ethan’s mother’s grave in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ethan said to be in Chapter 2: "Fried Green Tomatoes"?
2. What word is used in the novel to describe when the characters are telepathically communicating?
3. What color hair is Genevieve described as having in Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
4. What are draped over the windows and mirrors of Ravenwood Manor in Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
5. What object does Lena take out in Chapter 6: "Silver Button" that Ethan recalls giving her not long ago on the water tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ethan go about communicating with Lena in Chapter 12: "Still Here"?
2. What is Ethan’s first message that he sends to Lena in Chapter 9: "Stars and Stripes"?
3. Who among the Mortals in Gatlin is unaware of Ethan’s death in the beginning of the novel? How has Ethan’s death remained hidden?
4. How does Ethan respond when he learns that Obidias wrote his page in The Caster Chronicles?
5. How does Ethan's mother feel about her son's journey in Chapter 14: "Messed-Up Things"?
6. What does Ethan witness when he first sees Lena in the Mortal world of Gatlin in Chapter 6: "Silver Button"? How does he communicate with her?
7. What information is related in the Prologue: “Beginning Again? What tone is established in this opening?
8. What does Ethan obtain from the Greats when he visits them in the Otherworld in Chapter 13: "Where the Crow Carries You"?
9. How are Katherine Cooper and Samuel Sewell described in Chapter 13: "Where the Crow Carries You"?
10. What are Twyla and Sulla doing when Ethan encounters them in Chapter 13: "Where the Crow Carries You"? Who are these characters?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)