|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair is Genevieve described as having in Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
2. What card does Ethan refer to as his card in Chapter 8: "Broken Bottles"?
(a) The Dark Knight
(b) The White Mortal
(c) The Fractured Soul
(d) The Death Card
3. Who is waiting for Ethan and his mother when they return to the land of the dead in Chapter 10: "Snake Eyes"?
(a) The Lilum
(b) Aunt Prue
(d) Aunt Del
4. What book does Ethan describe reading that is about a man who voyages into the nine circles of Hell in Chapter 1: "Home"?
(b) The Divine Comedy
(c) Romeo and Juliet
5. Where does Genevieve say they took Ethan Carter Wate in Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
(a) To the Mortal realm
(b) To the River Styx
(c) To the mouth of Sauron
(d) To the Far Keep
Short Answer Questions
1. At the newspaper office, Ethan and his mother read in the papers that “the Ladies Auxiliary of Gatlin County is starting a book club called” what, in Chapter 9: "Stars and Stripes"?
2. What book by Jack Kerouac does Ethan pull from the pile of books under his bed in Chapter 1: "Home"?
3. What kind of dogs does Aunt Prue have running around her ankles in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
4. What word is written on the sheet of notebook paper that Lena leaves on Ethan’s grave in Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
5. In Chapter 2: "Fried Green Tomatoes,” Ethan’s mother says that Amma has told Ethan’s father that he is where with his aunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Ethan when he awakens in the opening of Chapter 1: "Home"? What does he realize about his situation?
2. What plot does Ethan instigate in order to send messages to Lena in Chapter 9: "Stars and Stripes"?
3. What are Twyla and Sulla doing when Ethan encounters them in Chapter 13: "Where the Crow Carries You"? Who are these characters?
4. What does Ethan obtain from the Greats when he visits them in the Otherworld in Chapter 13: "Where the Crow Carries You"?
5. What information is related in the Prologue: “Beginning Again? What tone is established in this opening?
6. What is Ethan’s first message that he sends to Lena in Chapter 9: "Stars and Stripes"?
7. How does Ethan go about communicating with Lena in Chapter 12: "Still Here"?
8. To what character does Ethan turn to for help in his quest after leaving his mother’s home in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"? Where does this character live?
9. How is Beautiful Redemption structured? How are the sections of the book delineated and who narrates?
10. How does Ethan's mother feel about her son's journey in Chapter 14: "Messed-Up Things"?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)