|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lena says in Chapter 21: "Dark Side of the Moon" that when she and John leave for New Orleans, she believes she’ll have how much time before her uncle finds out and comes looking for her?
(a) 1 day
(b) 6 hours
(c) 2 days
(d) 3 hours
2. What does Link stab Abraham with in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
(a) Garden shears
(b) A sword
(c) A dagger
(d) A fishing rod
3. What musical piece is Lena’s viola playing when she and the others return from New Orleans in Chapter 22: "Bird in a Gilded Cage"?
(a) Bernini’s Canon in E
(b) Pagalini’s Caprice No. 24
(c) Pachelbel’s Canon in D
(d) Chopin’s Concerto #5
4. What is the name that Link’s car is called in the novel?
(a) The Transporter
(b) The Rattler
(c) The Beater
(d) The Dune-buggy
5. What creatures have filled Ravenwood Manor in the beginning of Chapter 28: "Caster Catfight"?
6. How is Ridley related to Lena in the novel?
(a) She’s her aunt
(b) She’s her sister
(c) She’s her mother
(d) She’s her cousin
7. What term in the novel refers to a Caster that can see the past and the present at the same time?
8. Lena says in Chapter 21: "Dark Side of the Moon,” “One thing about former Incubuses: They really appreciate” what?
(b) Mortal food
(c) Raw meat
(d) Daylight hours
9. Who owns the enormous mountain cat that appears at the cemetery in Chapter 25: "Death's Door"?
(a) Leah Ravenwood
(b) The Lilum
(c) Marian Ashcroft
(d) Sarafine Duchannes
10. The narrator says in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle,” “John collected powers the way Abraham collected” what?
11. Who appears at the door of the bar “like clockwork” at the end of Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen"?
12. Lena describes descending the stairs and smelling what aroma in Chapter 21: "Dark Side of the Moon"?
13. What is the name of the Cast that Lena makes on Mr. Wate in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems"?
14. Who says in Chapter 20: "A Deal with the Devil,” “I’m the one thing Abraham wants. And the only thing he can’t have”?
(a) Aunt Del
15. In Chapter 20: "A Deal with the Devil,” Liv says that the last time the sacred book was seen was in the cave at the Seventeenth Moon when it was used to conjure what Cast?
(a) The Casters
(b) The Incubi
(c) The Vexes
(d) The Lilum
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Sisters is said to wash the garbage when no one is looking in Chapter 20: "A Deal with the Devil"?
2. How is Hunting related to Macon Ravenwood?
3. By what nickname does Ridley call Link when she first sees him in Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen"?
4. Where has Amma agreed to meet Lena and the others in the beginning of Chapter 27: "The Cracks in Everything"?
5. Who is with Abraham when he appears in the cemetery in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)