|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described by Lena in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems" as “only the book that had destroyed our lives, and the lives of all the Casters in my family before me on our sixteenth birthdays”?
(a) The Book of Stars
(b) The Book of Moons
(c) The Book of Suns
(d) The Book of Songs
2. Who says in Chapter 20: "A Deal with the Devil,” “I’m the one thing Abraham wants. And the only thing he can’t have”?
(a) Aunt Del
3. What creatures have filled Ravenwood Manor in the beginning of Chapter 28: "Caster Catfight"?
4. Who appears at the door of the bar “like clockwork” at the end of Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen"?
5. In Chapter 20: "A Deal with the Devil,” Liv says that the last time the sacred book was seen was in the cave at the Seventeenth Moon when it was used to conjure what Cast?
(a) The Incubi
(b) The Lilum
(c) The Vexes
(d) The Casters
6. During their extravagant dinner in Ravenwood Manor, Macon says to Lena that the spread is “a tantalizing table of treason” as who would say?
(a) Julius Caesar
(b) Mark Antony
(c) King Lear
(d) Napoleon Bonaparte
7. What does Link stab Abraham with in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
(a) A fishing rod
(b) A dagger
(c) A sword
(d) Garden shears
8. Lena says in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle,” “Sarafine was a monster, but she was a monster Abraham” what?
(a) Helped create
(b) Wanted to be
9. Who does Macon say left him a note to say where he and Lena would be going in Chapter 25: "Death's Door"?
(b) Bud Clayton
(c) Aunt Del
10. By what nickname does Ridley call Link when she first sees him in Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen"?
(a) Hot Rod
(b) Peter Pan
(d) Short Straw
11. When Lena levitates to investigate Ridley in the room behind the bar in Chapter 22: "Bird in a Gilded Cage,” she notes that Ridley is trapped and almost looks like a damaged what?
12. What is the name of Macon’s wolfdog in the novel?
(a) The Lilum
(b) Boo Radley
13. Ridley tells Lena in Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen" that “John’s not worth anything to [Abraham] now that” what “has been restored”?
(a) The Order of Things
(b) The Royal Charter
(c) The Caster Chronicles
(d) The Wayward Path
14. Who is looking at the crossword puzzle and is confused by Ethan’s message in the opening of Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems"?
(a) The Lilum
15. What is the name of Liv’s boyfriend who is with her in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Amma agreed to meet Lena and the others in the beginning of Chapter 27: "The Cracks in Everything"?
2. Abraham threatens to feed Link to what in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
3. How is Hunting related to Macon Ravenwood?
4. What is the name of the Cast that Lena makes on Mr. Wate in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems"?
5. Who is with Abraham when he appears in the cemetery in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)