|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20: "A Deal with the Devil,” Liv says that the last time the sacred book was seen was in the cave at the Seventeenth Moon when it was used to conjure what Cast?
(a) The Casters
(b) The Lilum
(c) The Vexes
(d) The Incubi
2. What is the name of the librarian at the Lunae Libri in Chapter 26: “Quantum Physics”?
(b) The Lilum
3. What term in the novel refers to a Caster that can see the past and the present at the same time?
4. The “Dar-ee Keen” is what kind of establishment?
(a) A car wash
(b) A diner
(c) A movie theater
(d) A video store
5. Who is with Abraham when he appears in the cemetery in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
6. Ridley tells Lena in Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen" that “John’s not worth anything to [Abraham] now that” what “has been restored”?
(a) The Caster Chronicles
(b) The Order of Things
(c) The Wayward Path
(d) The Royal Charter
7. What musical piece is Lena’s viola playing when she and the others return from New Orleans in Chapter 22: "Bird in a Gilded Cage"?
(a) Pachelbel’s Canon in D
(b) Bernini’s Canon in E
(c) Pagalini’s Caprice No. 24
(d) Chopin’s Concerto #5
8. What is Amma cooking as Lena rushes from Wate’s Landing in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems"?
(a) Oatmeal cookies
(b) Pork chops
(c) Strawberry pie
(d) Roast chicken
9. Where does Lena say Macon bought her the simple black cocktail dress that she wears to dinner in Chapter 21: "Dark Side of the Moon"?
(d) New York
10. Abraham is said to be related to Macon Ravenwood how in Chapter 20: "A Deal with the Devil"?
(a) He is Macon’s son
(b) He is Macon’s brother
(c) He is Macon’s grandfather
(d) He is Macon’s father
11. When Lena and John enter the bar they’ve been seeking in the beginning of Chapter 22: "Bird in a Gilded Cage,” Lena describes the establishment as smelling like what?
(a) Blood and raw meat
(b) Cobwebs and dust
(c) Vomit and urine
(d) Rust and old beer
12. How much Incubus is Link said to be in Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen"?
13. Abraham tells John in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle,” “Did you think I would create something as powerful as you if” what?
(a) I couldn’t control it
(b) I couldn’t afford it
(c) I couldn’t conquer it
(d) I couldn’t compete with it?
14. What creatures have filled Ravenwood Manor in the beginning of Chapter 28: "Caster Catfight"?
15. Lena says in Chapter 21: "Dark Side of the Moon" that she hadn’t been alone with John since he tricked her into going where on her Seventeenth Moon?
(a) To the Far Keep
(b) To the Temporis Porta
(c) To the Great Barrier
(d) To the water tower
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described by Lena in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems" as “only the book that had destroyed our lives, and the lives of all the Casters in my family before me on our sixteenth birthdays”?
2. Who is described in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems" as wearing a rumpled white suit and string tie and as “Satan himself, at least as far as Gatlin County was concerned”?
3. Who appears at the door of the bar “like clockwork” at the end of Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen"?
4. When Lena levitates to investigate Ridley in the room behind the bar in Chapter 22: "Bird in a Gilded Cage,” she notes that Ridley is trapped and almost looks like a damaged what?
5. What color are Macon’s glowing eyes said to be in the darkness in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)