|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abraham is said to be related to Macon Ravenwood how in Chapter 20: "A Deal with the Devil"?
(a) He is Macon’s son
(b) He is Macon’s brother
(c) He is Macon’s grandfather
(d) He is Macon’s father
2. Abraham threatens to feed Link to what in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
(a) Hunting’s bears
(b) Hunting’s dogs
(c) Xavier’s cats
(d) Abraham’s wolves
3. What is John’s last name in the novel?
4. Abraham tells John in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle,” “Did you think I would create something as powerful as you if” what?
(a) I couldn’t control it
(b) I couldn’t afford it
(c) I couldn’t compete with it?
(d) I couldn’t conquer it
5. Lena plays music by what composer that is a favorite of Macon’s in Chapter 21: "Dark Side of the Moon"?
6. When Lena and John enter the bar they’ve been seeking in the beginning of Chapter 22: "Bird in a Gilded Cage,” Lena describes the establishment as smelling like what?
(a) Rust and old beer
(b) Cobwebs and dust
(c) Vomit and urine
(d) Blood and raw meat
7. What creatures have filled Ravenwood Manor in the beginning of Chapter 28: "Caster Catfight"?
8. What is the name that Link’s car is called in the novel?
(a) The Beater
(b) The Transporter
(c) The Dune-buggy
(d) The Rattler
9. Lena says in Chapter 22: "Bird in a Gilded Cage,” “From what I could see, Abraham Ravenwood appeared to be the Caster answer to” whom?
(b) The King of Darkness
(d) Dr. Frankenstein
10. Who is the “creepy bald guy” that Abraham is said to be having secret meetings with frequently in Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen"?
11. What is the name of the band that Link is in?
(a) The Caster Chasm
(b) The Caster Chronicles
(c) The Holy Smokes
(d) The Holy Rollers
12. The “Dar-ee Keen” is what kind of establishment?
(a) A diner
(b) A car wash
(c) A video store
(d) A movie theater
13. How much Incubus is Link said to be in Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen"?
14. What does Abraham indicate happened to John’s parents in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
(a) Hunting ate them
(b) They were burned alive
(c) They were drowned in the river
(d) They moved to New York
15. Lena says in Chapter 21: "Dark Side of the Moon,” “One thing about former Incubuses: They really appreciate” what?
(a) Raw meat
(c) Mortal food
(d) Daylight hours
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Hunting related to Macon Ravenwood?
2. Where does Lena say Macon bought her the simple black cocktail dress that she wears to dinner in Chapter 21: "Dark Side of the Moon"?
3. What Cast does Lena speak in order to free Ridley from the cage in Chapter 22: "Bird in a Gilded Cage"?
4. What is described by Lena in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems" as “only the book that had destroyed our lives, and the lives of all the Casters in my family before me on our sixteenth birthdays”?
5. What is the name of the Cast that Lena makes on Mr. Wate in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems"?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)