|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Ethan sits outside of Wate’s Landing in Chapter 7: "Crosswords,” he wonders if his father is working on his book about what?
(a) The Twelfth Moon
(b) The Seventh Moon
(c) The Eighteenth Moon
(d) The Sixteenth Moon
2. Who is waiting for Ethan and his mother when they return to the land of the dead in Chapter 10: "Snake Eyes"?
(a) Aunt Del
(b) The Lilum
(d) Aunt Prue
3. Ethan says in Chapter 4: “Catfish Crossin’,” “Getting Aunt Prue to say the one thing you wanted her to say, right when you wanted her to say it, was like thinking you could” what?
(a) Stop time
(b) Catch a catfish at sea
(c) Go back in time and change the past
(d) Ask the sun to shine
4. Where does Aunt Prue tell Ethan his body was buried in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
(b) Wate’s Landing
(c) Her Lady of the Silver Moon
(d) His Garden of Perpetual Peace
5. Aunt Prue says she gave Lena what object so that she could stay in contact with her in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
(a) A pearl bracelet
(b) A rose necklace
(c) A rive eye stone
(d) A ruby ring
6. Who is described in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next" as being neither “Light or Dark, right or wrong. She was truth and balance in their purest forms”?
(b) The Lilum
7. What is the name of the Gatlin cemetery that Ethan sees when he opens the door of the house in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
(a) His Garden of Perpetual Peace
(b) The Greenbrier Garden of Peace
(c) St. Augustine’s Gardens of Time
(d) Her Lady of the Silver Moon
8. What object does Lena take out in Chapter 6: "Silver Button" that Ethan recalls giving her not long ago on the water tower?
(a) A Sharpie pen
(b) A mixed tape
(c) A Bible
(d) A book of casts
9. Where in Ravenwood Manor is Ethan standing when he opens his eyes in the beginning of Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The hallway
(c) Lena’s room
(d) Macon’s room
10. What is the answer to the clue Ethan puts in the crossword puzzle: “As in, as hard as I can, every minute of every day” in Chapter 9: "Stars and Stripes"?
11. How old is Ethan said to be in Chapter 2: "Fried Green Tomatoes"?
12. Who tells Ethan that he must destroy his page from the Caster Chronicles in order to attain his objective in Chapter 10: "Snake Eyes"?
(b) Bud Clayton
(d) Uncle Barclay
13. What are the cards called that Amma’s grandmother reads in Chapter 8: "Broken Bottles"?
(a) The Cards of the Tarot
(b) The Cards of Chaos
(c) The Cards of Providence
(d) The Cards of Palimpset
14. Where does Genevieve say they took Ethan Carter Wate in Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
(a) To the Mortal realm
(b) To the River Styx
(c) To the Far Keep
(d) To the mouth of Sauron
15. What are draped over the windows and mirrors of Ravenwood Manor in Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
(a) Gold sheets
(b) Black sheets
(c) Winter blankets
(d) White sheets
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethan smell in Amma’s kitchen when he enters Wate’s Landing in Chapter 7: "Crosswords"?
2. At the newspaper office, Ethan and his mother read in the papers that “the Ladies Auxiliary of Gatlin County is starting a book club called” what, in Chapter 9: "Stars and Stripes"?
3. By what name does Amma’s grandmother call her in Chapter 8: "Broken Bottles"?
4. What word is used in the novel to describe when the characters are telepathically communicating?
5. What kind of dogs does Aunt Prue have running around her ankles in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)