|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Ethan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lena say “had basically made a pact with the Darkest magic in the universe” in New Orleans in Chapter 21: "Dark Side of the Moon"?
2. Who speaks to Ethan as he tries to find his way to Lena, saying “Whatcha doin’ there, boy?” in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
(b) Mrs. Lincoln
(c) Mrs. Winifred
3. What does Ethan take from Aunt Prue’s hands before leaving her house as she sleeps in Chapter 4: “Catfish Crossin’”?
(a) A ring
(b) A book
(c) A key
(d) A map
4. What is the answer to the clue Ethan puts in the crossword puzzle: “As in, as hard as I can, every minute of every day” in Chapter 9: "Stars and Stripes"?
5. Who is the batter that Ethan visualizes when he tries to think of T-ball in Chapter 34: "The Caster Chronicles"?
(a) Peter Kirkpatrick
(b) James Wilson
(c) Earl Petty
(d) Bud Clayton
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Ethan say his mother had in Chapter 2: "Fried Green Tomatoes"?
2. What word is written on the sheet of notebook paper that Lena leaves on Ethan’s grave in Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
3. What Cast does Lena speak in order to free Ridley from the cage in Chapter 22: "Bird in a Gilded Cage"?
4. The ladies from what organization have planted saplings by the door of the Gatlin Public Library in Chapter 38: "Eleven Across"?
5. Of whom does Ethan say in Chapter 37: "What the Words Never Say" that she “still thought our town newspaper was named after the Confederate flag?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)