|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Ethan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ethan said to be in Chapter 2: "Fried Green Tomatoes"?
2. What word is written on the sheet of notebook paper that Lena leaves on Ethan’s grave in Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
3. Where does Genevieve say they took Ethan Carter Wate in Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
(a) To the Far Keep
(b) To the River Styx
(c) To the Mortal realm
(d) To the mouth of Sauron
4. What musical piece is Lena’s viola playing when she and the others return from New Orleans in Chapter 22: "Bird in a Gilded Cage"?
(a) Pachelbel’s Canon in D
(b) Bernini’s Canon in E
(c) Chopin’s Concerto #5
(d) Pagalini’s Caprice No. 24
5. What is the name of the newspaper Ethan’s mom says she repeatedly tried to get him to write for in Chapter 9: "Stars and Stripes"?
(a) The Malvern Daily Record
(b) The Jackson Stonewaller
(c) The Jonesboro Sentinel
(d) The Fayetteville Times
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name that Link’s car is called in the novel?
2. What is the name of the aunt that Amma says Ethan is with in Chapter 8: "Broken Bottles"?
3. What is Sculla’s answer when Amma asks her of the man who has had his cards read in the flashback in Chapter 30: "Lost Time,” “What does he want?”
4. Who does Ethan say you don’t sit in front of in church “because she talks the whole time right along with the preacher” in Chapter 38: "Eleven Across"?
5. From whose garage does Link say he’d stole a Union army uniform to try on when he was nine in Chapter 38: "Eleven Across"?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)