|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Ethan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears at the door of the bar “like clockwork” at the end of Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen"?
2. Who is described in the newspaper as having won the Carolina Duck-Calling contest in Chapter 9: "Stars and Stripes"?
(a) James Wyatt
(b) Bud Clayton
(c) Peter Jackson
(d) Barclay Deacon
3. What is the name of the Cast that Lena makes on Mr. Wate in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems"?
4. Who does Abraham say he watched burn to death, “and the only thing that bothered me was the ash on my jacket” in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
5. What are draped over the windows and mirrors of Ravenwood Manor in Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
(a) Gold sheets
(b) Black sheets
(c) Winter blankets
(d) White sheets
Short Answer Questions
1. By what nickname does Ridley call Link when she first sees him in Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen"?
2. What do the words “la note che le cose ci nasconde” that Ethan’s mother recites in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next" translate to?
3. What weapon does Sarafine say she used to kill Ethan “in warm Mortal blood” in Chapter 32: "Throne of Bones"?
4. The narrator says in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle,” “John collected powers the way Abraham collected” what?
5. What book by Jack Kerouac does Ethan pull from the pile of books under his bed in Chapter 1: "Home"?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)