|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Lena.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems" as wearing a rumpled white suit and string tie and as “Satan himself, at least as far as Gatlin County was concerned”?
(b) Uncle Barclay
(d) The Lilum
2. When Ethan opens the bottle in Chapter 8: "Broken Bottles" and the narrative transitions to Amma’s childhood, what is Amma’s great-great-great grandmother called?
(a) Del the Delinquent
(b) Sulla the Prophet
(c) Sarafine the Shifter
(d) Paula the Palimpset
3. What are the songs called that Ethan’s mother says she sent him in Chapter 2: "Fried Green Tomatoes"?
(a) The Sun Songs
(b) The Moon Songs
(c) The Psalm Songs
(d) The Shadowing Songs
4. How is Ridley related to Lena in the novel?
(a) She’s her aunt
(b) She’s her mother
(c) She’s her sister
(d) She’s her cousin
5. Lena says in Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen" that she has only one eye that is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What card does Ethan refer to as his card in Chapter 8: "Broken Bottles"?
2. What word is used in the novel to describe when the characters are telepathically communicating?
3. In Chapter 2: "Fried Green Tomatoes,” Ethan’s mother says that Amma has told Ethan’s father that he is where with his aunt?
4. What is the name of the Gatlin cemetery that Ethan sees when he opens the door of the house in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
5. Lena says in Chapter 21: "Dark Side of the Moon" that when she and John leave for New Orleans, she believes she’ll have how much time before her uncle finds out and comes looking for her?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)