|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Ethan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What card does Ethan refer to as his card in Chapter 8: "Broken Bottles"?
(a) The Fractured Soul
(b) The Dark Knight
(c) The White Mortal
(d) The Death Card
2. What is the answer to the clue Ethan puts in the crossword puzzle for six down: “As in, parochial. Local. Insular. The place we’re stuck, whether in the Otherworld or the Mortal one” in Chapter 9: "Stars and Stripes"?
3. What word is written on the sheet of notebook paper that Lena leaves on Ethan’s grave in Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
4. Who was the teacher of Marian’s Buddhist class she has told Ethan about in Chapter 1: "Home"?
(a) Serenity Steve
(b) The Dude
(c) The Big Lebowski
(d) Buddha Bob
5. What book by Jack Kerouac does Ethan pull from the pile of books under his bed in Chapter 1: "Home"?
(a) Big Sur
(b) Visions of Cody
(c) Dharma Bums
(d) On the Road
Short Answer Questions
1. What route does Ethan instinctively look for as he heads toward Main Street in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
2. As Ethan sits outside of Wate’s Landing in Chapter 7: "Crosswords,” he wonders if his father is working on his book about what?
3. What’s the name of the cat that comes into the kitchen and sees Ethan in Chapter 7: "Crosswords"?
4. Aunt Prue says she gave Lena what object so that she could stay in contact with her in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
5. What Celtic symbol adorns Ethan’s mother’s grave in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)