|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Ethan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the cards called that Amma’s grandmother reads in Chapter 8: "Broken Bottles"?
(a) The Cards of Chaos
(b) The Cards of the Tarot
(c) The Cards of Palimpset
(d) The Cards of Providence
2. What book by Jack Kerouac does Ethan pull from the pile of books under his bed in Chapter 1: "Home"?
(a) Dharma Bums
(b) Visions of Cody
(c) Big Sur
(d) On the Road
3. Where does Aunt Prue tell Ethan his body was buried in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
(a) Wate’s Landing
(c) Her Lady of the Silver Moon
(d) His Garden of Perpetual Peace
4. What route does Ethan instinctively look for as he heads toward Main Street in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
(a) Route 9
(b) Route 18
(c) Route 66
(d) Route 7
5. Ethan says in Chapter 6: "Silver Button,” “I was brought up to be” what?
(a) A well-read scholar
(b) A good Southern boy
(c) A noble and honest man
(d) A Wayward
Short Answer Questions
1. How many husbands does Aunt Prue have living in her home with her in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
2. What color hair is Genevieve described as having in Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
3. Where does Genevieve say they took Ethan Carter Wate in Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
4. What Celtic symbol adorns Ethan’s mother’s grave in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
5. In Chapter 2: "Fried Green Tomatoes,” Ethan’s mother says that Amma has told Ethan’s father that he is where with his aunt?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)