|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Ethan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair is Genevieve described as having in Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
2. Who is waiting for Ethan and his mother when they return to the land of the dead in Chapter 10: "Snake Eyes"?
(a) Aunt Prue
(b) Aunt Del
(c) The Lilum
3. Who is described in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next" as being neither “Light or Dark, right or wrong. She was truth and balance in their purest forms”?
(a) The Lilum
4. What is the answer to the clue Ethan puts in the crossword puzzle for six down: “As in, parochial. Local. Insular. The place we’re stuck, whether in the Otherworld or the Mortal one” in Chapter 9: "Stars and Stripes"?
5. In the prologue to the book, “Beginning Again,” Lena reveals that Ethan was killed when he jumped off of what?
(a) The Empire State building
(b) The canoe on the River Styx
(c) The Summerville water tower
(d) The Gatlin River bridge
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is written on the sheet of notebook paper that Lena leaves on Ethan’s grave in Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
2. What do the words “la note che le cose ci nasconde” that Ethan’s mother recites in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next" translate to?
3. What kind of dogs does Aunt Prue have running around her ankles in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
4. What book by Jack Kerouac does Ethan pull from the pile of books under his bed in Chapter 1: "Home"?
5. Where in Ravenwood Manor is Ethan standing when he opens his eyes in the beginning of Chapter 6: "Silver Button"?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)