|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Ethan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does Ethan refer to Amma’s “death-defying, all-powerful wooden spoon of justice” in Chapter 7: "Crosswords"?
(a) The Boy-Beater
(b) The Shifter Softer
(c) The One-Eyed Menace
(d) The Sybil Sword
2. Lena says in Chapter 21: "Dark Side of the Moon" that when she and John leave for New Orleans, she believes she’ll have how much time before her uncle finds out and comes looking for her?
(a) 3 hours
(b) 2 days
(c) 1 day
(d) 6 hours
3. Who is the “creepy bald guy” that Abraham is said to be having secret meetings with frequently in Chapter 23: "Dar-ee Keen"?
4. What is the name of the Cast that Lena makes on Mr. Wate in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems"?
5. Whose hand reaches through the sky as Amma steps off the ledge in Chapter 35: "A Crack in the Universe"?
(a) Uncle Abner’s
(b) Uncle Barclay’s
(c) Bud Clayton’s
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to Ethan’s grave with Lena in Chapter 6: “Silver Button”?
2. Where does Aunt Prue tell Ethan his body was buried in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
3. What is the answer to the clue Ethan puts in the crossword puzzle for eleven across: “As in, apparition or phantasm” in Chapter 9: "Stars and Stripes"?
4. Where does Link say he’s going as soon as they graduate high school in Chapter 37: "What the Words Never Say"?
5. Who is described in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems" as wearing a rumpled white suit and string tie and as “Satan himself, at least as far as Gatlin County was concerned”?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)