|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Lena.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4: “Catfish Crossin’,” Aunt Prue tells Ethan, “you can’t make preserves until you learn how to” what?
(a) Boil water
(b) Open a jar
(c) Pick berries
(d) Turn on the oven
2. What follows “Prudence Jane Statham” on her gravestone, as described in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
(a) The Belle of the Ball
(b) The Best Baker in Gatlin
(c) Go Softly into the Dark Night
(d) May She Rest in Peace
3. What does Link stab Abraham with in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"?
(a) A dagger
(b) A fishing rod
(c) A sword
(d) Garden shears
4. Lena says in Chapter 24: "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle,” “Sarafine was a monster, but she was a monster Abraham” what?
(c) Wanted to be
(d) Helped create
5. Lena says in Chapter 22: "Bird in a Gilded Cage,” “From what I could see, Abraham Ravenwood appeared to be the Caster answer to” whom?
(b) The King of Darkness
(d) Dr. Frankenstein
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan says that after his mother’s death, Marian told him about a Buddhist class she took where in Chapter 1: "Home"?
2. How is Ridley related to Lena in the novel?
3. What route does Ethan instinctively look for as he heads toward Main Street in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
4. When Lena levitates to investigate Ridley in the room behind the bar in Chapter 22: "Bird in a Gilded Cage,” she notes that Ridley is trapped and almost looks like a damaged what?
5. What are the cards called that Amma’s grandmother reads in Chapter 8: "Broken Bottles"?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)