|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Ethan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Cast that Lena makes on Mr. Wate in Chapter 19: "Mortal Problems"?
2. Ethan says that after his mother’s death, Marian told him about a Buddhist class she took where in Chapter 1: "Home"?
(a) Louisiana State University
(b) Duke University
(c) Boston University
(d) Loyola University
3. Where does Link say he’s going as soon as they graduate high school in Chapter 37: "What the Words Never Say"?
(b) Los Angeles
(d) New York
4. What is the term used in the novel for a mortal that uses forms of voodoo?
5. At the newspaper office, Ethan and his mother read in the papers that “the Ladies Auxiliary of Gatlin County is starting a book club called” what, in Chapter 9: "Stars and Stripes"?
(a) The Read & Babble
(b) The Read & Giggle
(c) The Quiet Read
(d) The Ladies’ Reader
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethan take from Aunt Prue’s hands before leaving her house as she sleeps in Chapter 4: “Catfish Crossin’”?
2. The titles of Books One, Two and Three are based on what?
3. Who speaks to Ethan as he tries to find his way to Lena, saying “Whatcha doin’ there, boy?” in Chapter 3: "This Side or the Next"?
4. How is Ridley related to Lena in the novel?
5. What book by Jack Kerouac does Ethan pull from the pile of books under his bed in Chapter 1: "Home"?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)